User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Mar 2003, 03:41   #1
Colonel Duaine

I have a dream

What was the coolest round in newer PA? Round 6, no doubt, a round with hardly any stagnation, where three powerblocks were napping and allying and backstabbing each other til the very end.

We got the same potential this round. We got three blocks, all pretty capable, and the pattern from round 6 can already be seen. You know what would be really cool right now? I mean completely awsome? It'd creat a whole new political map in PA.

If NaR and WEET split up. Right now, one and a half weeks into the round. In round 6 FLVT were completely beaten when XETA and FOS split up. Wouldn't it be super cool if we didn't wait untill all VOM resistance is crushed completely and instead let them fight with 3 powerblocks, against each other. With a balance like this we might not see a NAP between VOM and NAR like last time.

This has potential to be a pretty unique round, and not just a copy. Let's now just all sit back and wait for stagnation and agree that the split should've occured earlier than it will
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 03:46   #2
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
i dissagree.

r6 was not the best, i didnt play much of r1-3, due to crummy isp, but what i played was a laugh and most people say r2 was the best, simple because of all the possibilities it had. theives & pirates, new alliances forming and destroying the old onez, was a lot mroe interresting than any of the ones after. (i didnt play bugger all of r2 tbh im just going by what i saw when i did, and what happened that round)
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 03:50   #3
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Rd 2 was far far far far better than rd 6. Rd 1 was also great.

If youve not played PA without preformed blocks, youve not played PA at its best.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 04:02   #4
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
criminy, i know you 2 can read, so please practice it a bit better. He said in 'newer pa', which to me would mean post r4.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 04:28   #5
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
criminy, i know you 2 can read, so please practice it a bit better. He said in 'newer pa', which to me would mean post r4.
tbh i didnt read most of his post, and i beleive r8 was probably better than r6 because almost everyone was level at the start and there didnt need to be 3 blocks to swap allies each time outnumbering the opposition 2:1, as well as it allowed people a more equal footing, and was more on luck and trying hard than just who can getin a cushy galaxy.

+ the of the way alliances shifted and broke to counter the others, it was better than 3 preformed superblocks
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 04:31   #6
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
Fair enough, but new PA needs to stop. We need to start fresh in rd 10 for the game to be good again.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 04:52   #7
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Fair enough, but new PA needs to stop. We need to start fresh in rd 10 for the game to be good again.
agreed.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 06:06   #8
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
R8.
Random + 0% stagnation.
Seems obvious to me.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 07:33   #9
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Rounds 2&3 have never been matched.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 08:01   #10
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Rounds 2&3 have never been matched.
Round 3 was tedious for 80% of the time.
Round 1 was better.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 09:05   #11
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
tbh i didnt read most of his post

And folks wonder why AD went down the toliet.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 10:06   #12
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
R8.
Random + 0% stagnation.
Seems obvious to me.
The '0% stagnation' was probably because the round ended 6 weeks early.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 11:31   #13
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Round 8 was my favourite, but it was also the hardest round I've ever played. Round 2 was great, but that wasn't really due to the game but due to the community aspect.

Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
The '0% stagnation' was probably because the round ended 6 weeks early.
It was 3 weeks, not 6.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 13:31   #14
MelAn
Condenación

MelAn is an unknown quantity at this point
..yea round 8 was fun (excluding ship stats) but still pa round 8 style means for me: Total sacrifice of private life and sleep.
Dunno how others see that but after some weeks pa r8 i was just totally outpowered..and i only played cause i was used to do, not cause it was fun seeing the dark circles around my eyes
R4: 55:8:23 Selenia the Dark Angel of Urborg of Dominaria ( NoS)
R5: 24:12:5 MelAncholic Angel of Condemnation (NoS)
R6: 21:5:10 Cursed Visionary of True Faith (NoS)
R7: 9:19:9 Fragrance of Your Skin (NoS/Bunnies)
R8: 3:5:4 Cursed Hands of Devotion (Fury/Bunnies)
R9: 18:2:4 Infernal Memories of Humiliation (Eclipse/Bunnies)
--------------------
MelAncholic
...criticism is the root of all progress
MelAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 13:42   #15
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
R7 was fun enough. Played random in it which was good with 25 players per gal. That round had very good stats and a stupid block war which is very amusing when you are playing random. probably sucked real bad for players in those block gals but clearly I really enjoyed the moaning from them whilst trying to fencesit my little random gal and have fun with the new players learning them a new game. r6 for instance had two nice wars but was ridiculously boring the last 6 weeks. Might well have been the 6 most boring weeks of PA ever with absolutly nothing happening and every second gal carrying FoS tag.

Allthough FoS even with fake tagger and fencesitters included was never as big relative to the universe as the current block.

hAl
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 20:16   #16
Saitam
Tribologist

Saitam is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl

Allthough FoS even with fake tagger and fencesitters included was never as big relative to the universe as the current block.

hAl
And XeTa was never as big as the current opposing block...