User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Feb 2003, 23:10   #1
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
So my i-pod finally arrived

And it is probably the coolest thing ever.

10GB windows version for £280 from the online apple store.

The only gripe is that the supplied music software for transferring music (Music Match Jukebox plus) is utter crap and the excellent Ephpod software is much much better (www.ephpod.com) and its free.

Anyone else have one of these things?
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 23:16   #2
Christian
Attitude

Christian is infamous around these parts
No... but if I had one !
Todd: Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 23:22   #3
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
Yes, I recently bought one of these and it rocks quite a bit. Comes in handy for storing documents, programs and the occasional film as well.

Does yours work on usb 1.0 or 2.0?
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 23:25   #4
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
I have one, Ephpod is definately the best Win32 software. I'll have my dad spruce up his conversion of some Mac software so you can stick text files on with no limit (it just sticks lines in the 'email' part of the VCard).

I'll provide a link when he's actually bothered doing what he's told.
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 23:27   #5
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
Originally posted by mpr0733
usb 1.0 or 2.0?
Firewire.
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 23:30   #6
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
£180 > i-pod
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 23:31   #7
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Quote:
Originally posted by mpr0733
Does yours work on usb 1.0 or 2.0?
Firewire

£45 for a Firewire card with the i-pod
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 23:33   #8
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
£180 > i-pod
Yeah, my dads got one of those and I hate it. Crappy menu interface, ****ty design.

i-pod > *
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 23:36   #9
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
£180 > i-pod
Why on earth anyone would want to record off the radio, I don't know, but the other recording eg. voice seems useful.

The new iPod is rumoured to have colour screen with mpeg video playback capability.

Which is cool.
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 23:39   #10
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
Yeah, my dads got one of those and I hate it. Crappy menu interface, ****ty design.

i-pod > *
Sounds like he has the old one. That sucked.
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 23:44   #11
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
I had one of the earlier archos players, until it died and i couldn't find the warranty card.

The interface did suck, but it would happily play m3u playlists, so if you stuck those in the root directory you were fine.

Of course at the time my music collection would fit into 6GB, whereas now it's about 15GB.

tbh i would consider an iPod now, despite the PC players having more capacity for your cash, for reasons of size and weight. (it's academic though, since i can't afford anything)
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 23:51   #12
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahriman
Why on earth anyone would want to record off the radio, I don't know, but the other recording eg. voice seems useful.
I never use the radio or recorder personally, but 20GB of music to choose from rocks. I dont use CDs anymore, I just use an audio cable to hook up to my stereo. And correct me if I'm wrong (I may be thinking of the Creative version), but doesnt the i-pod only allow you to copy MP3s and text files to it through proprietory software? The Archos gadget works as a USB2 hard drive and shows as a disk in windows/linux, and is portable without extra drivers on later versions of Windows (2000, XP etc).

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahriman
The new iPod is rumoured to have colour screen with mpeg video playback capability.

Which is cool.
http://www.archos.com/lang=en/products/prw_500282.html
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:04   #13
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Quote:
I never use the radio or recorder personally, but 20GB of music to choose from rocks. I dont use CDs anymore, I just use an audio cable to hook up to my stereo. And correct me if I'm wrong (I may be thinking of the Creative version), but doesnt the i-pod only allow you to copy MP3s and text files to it through proprietory software? The Archos gadget works as a USB2 hard drive and shows as a disk in windows/linux, and is portable without extra drivers on later versions of Windows (2000, XP etc).

http://www.archos.com/lang=en/products/prw_500282.html
But i'm a fashion slut and that stuff doesn't even look remotely cool