User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 10 Dec 2002, 13:20   #1
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
New gaming community

I wonder if the jolt community will have its own alliances who might enter PA. Are there already people playing on jolt for a while who know more about gaming alliances on jolt ? Liked they span accross multiple games or do they specialize in certain games ?

hAl
Unread 10 Dec 2002, 13:38   #2
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
id like to point out that none of this 'rumour' has been confirmed yet. but i should imagine that with new blood entering the game it will most likely bring new alliances. just the same as alliances emmigrate to other games as a community i doubt here will be any different.

whether they can produce results however is a completely different matter

edit: i should also make an attempt to read all of your post first before replying slightly off topic.
Unread 10 Dec 2002, 13:57   #3
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Seems that they are not a real strategy gaming community though. Mostyl cs, ut, quake and more of that.

hAl
Unread 10 Dec 2002, 14:02   #4
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
a few clans might fancy their hands at some strat gaming. but as they say. time will tell
Unread 10 Dec 2002, 19:05   #5
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Hey, if they can stay up till 0355 CET or whatever for launch time, you need relatively few strategic minds to control such a group of planets anyway.
Unread 11 Dec 2002, 01:23   #6
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
i just started playing the beta of some other game (sorren, utopia-clone) and i'm top5 atm. but there's no community :/
btw the game is ****...
GIMME PA R9!!!!
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2002, 03:31   #7
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
/me waits for more PA too....

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2002, 12:20   #8
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Silva baby is an unknown quantity at this point
i want PA now.......
*groan*

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

i have [FAITH] in myself, [FAITH] in my galaxy, and [FAITH] in my alliance
do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]
Silva baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2002, 05:47   #9
kafkapenguin

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Unread 12 Dec 2002, 05:49   #10
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
/me pouts
Unread 12 Dec 2002, 11:16   #11
Haarken
Faithful Pony

Haarken is an unknown quantity at this point
I think we will see an increase in the number of people playing but new alliances? I think there could be a few from jolt but I think the major influx of new players will join established alliances at least until they learn the ropes and are able to organise their alliances. I'm not sure clans would be big enough to organise alliances, attack/battle groups maybe but it would be a big jump to move from CS/UT/Quake to planetarion.

Just my 2p

Unread 12 Dec 2002, 11:39   #12
hinch
Banned

hinch is an unknown quantity at this point
FA started as a quakeworld clan ended up being 90% pa alliance now are spread across multiple games and we intend to recruit more and add more divisions for games as fast as we can in the new year.

www.furious-angels.co.uk details are on there
hinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2002, 12:53   #13
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by hinch
snip blatant recruitement pitch
Hinch, you have now been spreading your alliance and your irc network pitch across several threads. We all know your gaming community and your new irc network and you might as well keep your recruitement efforts limited to the alliance recruitement forum from now on.

hAl
Unread 12 Dec 2002, 12:56   #14
hinch
Banned

as if i`ll be recruiting from this place

heh you think im that ****.

hardly a usuable player base here really
besides the fact that you asked and i told you if you dont want replays to your questions dont ask the questions in the first place.
Unread 12 Dec 2002, 13:04   #15
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by hinch
as if i`ll be recruiting from this place

heh you think im that ****.

hardly a usuable player base here really
besides the fact that you asked and i told you if you dont want replays to your questions dont ask the questions in the first place.
My question was never about alliances already in PA and referred to alliances/clans on jolt who might consider PA as an new game. I asked a question allright but you decided to use it to promote your own alliance and not refer to any alliance unfamiliar to PA and as we already know FA can play PA and does other stuff as well because you have spent many posts allready telling us this.
Unread 12 Dec 2002, 13:15   #16
hinch
Banned

we started and curerently participate more on jolt like areas not using jolt its self using clanbase however playing against alot of clans involved in jolt and i know from saying mid game "brb gotta check pa planet" that lots of people playing CS for example have played pa at one time or another at least for one round.

alot say its crap and alot view it as unintelligent because someting only happens once an hour, the chances are a few may try it again if the next round is free but alot will not and the clans proabably wont have time to play pa anyway.

what your suggesting may happen now will they come over well we came over the first time round theres no reason why some more shouldnt come this time simple really think before answering your own questions
Unread 12 Dec 2002, 15:12   #17
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New gaming community

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
I wonder if the jolt community will have its own alliances who might enter PA. Are there already people playing on jolt for a while who know more about gaming alliances on jolt ? Liked they span accross multiple games or do they specialize in certain games ?

hAl
If there are we have to tell them about fury right away!! :P
Unread 12 Dec 2002, 18:34   #18
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
My FPS days are long over (No broadband connection) but from what I remember there was never a very strong community on Jolt they were simply servers to be played on. Most FPS games were International so clans tended to play in several different leagues across Europe not solely on one networks server hence the lack of community. Jolt never had very strong/prestigious leagues but they made quite a bit of money from renting clan servers.

I doubt very much any FPS clans would make the move for two reasons firstly the majority are quite small even for games like CS squads are rarely huge and secondly the majority of Quakenet Planetarion players (There were lots of us in Round 1, 2 and 3) stopped playing Planetarion after Round 4 and there seems to be a view that Planetarion is boring.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2002, 19:16   #19
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
there seems to be a view that Planetarion is boring.
Bah humbug.

That's something I never liked about FPS' - the community was never quite up to PA's standard (I'm sure this is inviting lots of idiots to say the PA community is crap, but we'll just pretend there was a long arguement and they lost, eh?).

Nice site, hinch, by the way.
Unread 13 Dec 2002, 10:21   #20
hAl
ensign forever

PA community has 59 minutes of every hour playing time to spend on IRC and/or forums. That makes for some nice community interaction.

hAl
Unread 13 Dec 2002, 10:45   #21
Telest
Agitator

Telest is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
My question was never about alliances already in PA and referred to alliances/clans on jolt who might consider PA as an new game. I asked a question allright but you decided to use it to promote your own alliance and not refer to any alliance unfamiliar to PA and as we already know FA can play PA and does other stuff as well because you have spent many posts allready telling us this.
Well, not everyone reads every thread, so what if he's got many posts. And at least in my book, having an example of an existing PA alliance that used to play some other games fits the topic quite nicely. Quha also used to play other games, but nowadays is mostly PA and like games, so there's certainly been alliances forming from clans (though TF does need more people than regular QW)
Telest is offline   Reply With Quote