User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:21   #1
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Rammstein

Rammstein

Proof that you do not need controversial (Eminem style) lyrics to make a good song.

Reference - Sonne - Great song, German lyrics, I'm English.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:23   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Rammstein

Quote:
Originally posted by skiddy
Proof that you do not need controversial (Eminem style) lyrics to make a good song.
We never needed any proof.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:30   #3

Their drum beats are painfully simple :-\
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:30   #4
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Rammstein

Quote:
Rammstein

Agreed. Rammstein lyrics are excellent.
Kokain or Wut Will nicht sterben are even better.
From a Finnish perspective.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 17:14   #5
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
I like Sehnsucht and Feuer Frei! Also Engel isn't bad.

You ever seen them in concert? That's possibly the most disturbing band I've ever seen.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 17:18   #6
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
Engel isn't bad.
Engel is good too.
Well, I've been to two of their concerts.
Also propably the best live-band I've seen so far.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 17:25   #7
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay

and that song in XXX
Feuer Frei, I think.
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 17:26   #8

Re: Re: Rammstein

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson

We never needed any proof.
nevertheless his lyrics are great on 3 levels
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 17:28   #9
wu_trax

Quote:
Rammstein

thats the point of lyrics in a foreign language: noone cares about.
people here buy eminem because of the way the song sounds, not because of the lyrics

(and dont tell me Rammstein isnt 'controversial', go and check the lyrics of 'heirate mich' or the whole Herzeleid-lp)
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 17:42   #10
Vince McMahon

Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
(and dont tell me Rammstein isnt 'controversial', go and check the lyrics of 'heirate mich' or the whole Herzeleid-lp)
Beat me to it
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 17:49   #11
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
The album is 'old' already though.
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:29   #12
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
I think Speil Mit Mir and Engel are rockin songs..great music, and I think the lyrics are pretty good...altho I don't really understand much German :\

Last edited by Dilly_D; 5 Nov 2002 at 05:16.
Dilly_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:01   #13
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
The album is 'old' already though.
which one? There's 3 you know.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:16   #14
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
i like the lyrics of 'alter mann' best.
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 23:13   #15
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Quote:
maybe u should try to learn some german...
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 00:39   #16
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
I walk down the street giggling, while listening to "Bang Bang".

Not the best band ever, but alright. They're noticably better while drunk, however
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 06:58   #17
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Its good i know german quite well though

so i like the songs occasionally
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 10:08   #18
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Re: Rammstein

Quote:
Originally posted by ole_a

nevertheless his lyrics are great on 3 levels
no, no, they just aren't.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 12:26   #19
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w

maybe u should try to learn some german...
Oh shut up. What I'm trying to say is that Rammstein are still well thought of within the UK as a good band. Unless you know German or get the english lyrics off the net then you haven't got a clue what the lyrics are. I don't know German, and I didn't get the lyrics until a few weeks back, but I've liked them for a while now. All I'm saying is that Rammstein are proof that lyrics don't mean everything, which seems to be how Eminem keeps getting chart songs.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 13:19   #20
wu_trax

Re: Re: Re: Rammstein

Quote:

Oh shut up. What I'm trying to say is that Rammstein are still well thought of within the UK as a good band. Unless you know German or get the english lyrics off the net then you haven't got a clue what the lyrics are. I don't know German, and I didn't get the lyrics until a few weeks back, but I've liked them for a while now. All I'm saying is that Rammstein are proof that lyrics don't mean everything, which seems to be how Eminem keeps getting chart songs.
thats true, if i listen to music with english lyrics i usually just ignore them and only care about what the whole song sounds like
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 17:26   #21
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
Whatever the lyrics are, Rammstein is still **** from a metal perspective.

The only reason that Eminem has chart songs is because of the current musical climate. White versions of black artists simply sell better amongst our dominantly white populations.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote