User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Oct 2002, 11:33   #1
Dragoon

Be happy

I'm not one to normally post threads, however here we are nonetheless. Some of you are already aware of this, so I'll keep it brief. Controversy is what makes AD go 'round, and these forums were dried to the bone just a few weeks back. So please remember, much as you may want to chew out Fury for accepting members of Adalente, or DTA for affiliating themselves with Titans; to mock MDK for being MDK, or FAnG for being FAnG, its the controversial issues that make things here entertaining. So count your blessings and try to keep a few shreds of integrity intact when contributing to that controversy.
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 11:50   #2
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
your posts > *
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 11:50   #3
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

KoRnNut is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by djcomplex
your posts > *
yep
KoRnNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 12:09   #4
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Re: Be happy

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragoon
to mock MDK for being MDK
Awwwww

First HC now you saying I can't But it's FUN!

Being a little more serious for a moment, at least I stick to the threads I actually know something about first hand. Not one comment from me about Fury (except one obviously in jest) or Adelante as I really have nothing useful to add to those threads.
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 13:08   #5
Beast-of-War
clueless HR pe0n

Beast-of-War is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Be happy

Quote:
I'm not one to normally post threads, however here we are nonetheless. Some of you are already aware of this, so I'll keep it brief. Controversy is what makes AD go 'round, and these forums were dried to the bone just a few weeks back. So please remember, much as you may want to chew out Fury for accepting members of Adalente, or DTA for affiliating themselves with Titans; to mock MDK for being MDK, or FAnG for being FAnG, its the controversial issues that make things here entertaining. So count your blessings and try to keep a few shreds of integrity intact when contributing to that controversy.
Well said.
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 14:06   #6
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Getting personal just gets lame :\
________
DRUG TESTING KIT

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 20:57.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 14:13   #7
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Be happy

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk

Being a little more serious for a moment, at least I stick to the threads I actually know something about first hand. Not one comment from me about Fury (except one obviously in jest) or Adelante as I really have nothing useful to add to those threads.
Yes you have a reputation for always sticking to topics you know something about

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 14:42   #8
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
GO Kain_Rowd !!!
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 16:37   #9
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
While were not on the subject...I didnt want u banned
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 16:47   #10
Tempestuous
Juvenile delinquent

Tempestuous is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Be happy

Quote:

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA.

Do you actually realise you post nothing but total bullsh1t or do you really believe you have a clue about top flight alliance politics?

Spinner's words to LDK:
Quote:
Stop moaning and try to play at least the last 20 ticks without cheating (-:
Tempestuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 18:14   #11
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Re: Re: Re: Be happy

Quote:
Originally posted by Tempestuous
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA.

Do you actually realise you post nothing but total bullsh1t or do you really believe you have a clue about top flight alliance politics?
I'm sure my previous post said I hadn't posted on the Adelante/Fury threads because I didn't have anything useful to contribute. If you don't consider either of those to be top alliances though then I bow to your supoerior inside knowledge
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 18:54   #12
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: Re: Be happy

Quote:
Originally posted by Tempestuous

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA.

I dont find them total bullsh1t. She may not be totally right at times but then, considering she has no links into the 'higher levels' involving politics this isnt surprising.

Flame her for all you want - she has at least tried to understand and gain a grasp of the messy business of interalliance relations, and even after many rebuffs from the community has still contributed and not gone away.

I wish there were more people like her - as they were the lifeblood of this once glorius game.

All in all, you have it easy. She doesnt. At least recognise this and applaud her for effort rather than results you may find undesirable.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 20:16   #13
oldtown
Volcano

oldtown is an unknown quantity at this point
I enjoyed gayles post more last round when she was trying to make her move over to AD, there was an attempt to understand the workings of the larger aliances and she usually had some semblance of fact backing it up. This round I dont know what happened to her , maybe it was the brief excitement of UV being involved with mdk and thinking it was going to lead somewhere. Who knows. This round it is disappointing to see the posts just fall in the category of lameness...maybe she caught the AD disease or has been reading too many posts from our regular trollers here................

Back to the original post, Just as I singled out Gayles posts I must say AD this round is of its poorest quality to date...maybe it is the last round blues and the need for pr has vanished, but in general of the reading i have done they could shut down ad and merge into GD as it has clearly sunk to that level to date.
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 21:51   #14
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by oldtown
I enjoyed gayles post more last round when she was trying to make her move over to AD, there was an attempt to understand the workings of the larger aliances and she usually had some semblance of fact backing it up. This round I dont know what happened to her , maybe it was the brief excitement of UV being involved with mdk and thinking it was going to lead somewhere. Who knows. This round it is disappointing to see the posts just fall in the category of lameness...maybe she caught the AD disease or has been reading too many posts from our regular trollers here................

Back to the original post, Just as I singled out Gayles posts I must say AD this round is of its poorest quality to date...maybe it is the last round blues and the need for pr has vanished, but in general of the reading i have done they could shut down ad and merge into GD as it has clearly sunk to that level to date.
Last round there was something to actually write about. This round's a bit flat so far, I stay out of the powerblocking threads because half of them are wrong and that leaves us with deletions and flaming MDK as the only real threads on the go. I'm not trolling in that Titans/webangel thread I'm merely stating the facts as they stand. FAnG have claimed hackers twice so far yet produced nothing to back that up. I mean, throw me a bone here, SOMEONE has to challenge that

[edit]as for hoping the MDK thing was going somewhere, I was praying it wouldn't and we'd roid them silly at some point. I got half my wish but I'm still not allowed to fulfill the other [/edit]
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 21:57   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Every single round in PA history has been worse than the previous, and every single AD (or Alliances as it was in the glory days *sniff*) has been worse than the previous rounds. I'd say you'd have gotten a damn good price on a pair of rose-tinted glasses at the end of r1 heh. The posters make the forum. Make a choice.
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 21:59   #16
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Actually, here's a thought for you...

Last round I was attacking Fury (and others but Fury in the main) and was roundly flamed by the FLTTV block but had support from the other alliances. I was even offered an officers post in one of the alliances that split from Fury near the end of round 7.

This round I have no argument with Fury and Hicks has agreed with me twice, Zh|l's thoughts you can see above, and I've even had one or two pretty good conversations with Cryptic yet the person who offered me a job last round is ready to flame my arse off right now. It's funny how alliance politics and the favour of the mighty shifts

And of course I'm not a curiosity this round like I was in the last one hehe.
Unread 27 Oct 2002, 22:52   #17
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
Every single round in PA history has been worse than the previous, and every single AD (or Alliances as it was in the glory days *sniff*) has been worse than the previous rounds. I'd say you'd have gotten a damn good price on a pair of rose-tinted glasses at the end of r1 heh. The posters make the forum. Make a choice.
The mods destroyed AD, not the posters!!!!!

"In case you hadn't noticed; I was being sarcastic"
"Well DUH!"
(thanks to Matt for whispering that old one in my ear)
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 00:00   #18
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Actually, here's a thought for you...

Last round I was attacking Fury (and others but Fury in the main) and was roundly flamed by the FLTTV block but had support from the other alliances. I was even offered an officers post in one of the alliances that split from Fury near the end of round 7.

This round I have no argument with Fury and Hicks has agreed with me twice, Zh|l's thoughts you can see above, and I've even had one or two pretty good conversations with Cryptic yet the person who offered me a job last round is ready to flame my arse off right now. It's funny how alliance politics and the favour of the mighty shifts

And of course I'm not a curiosity this round like I was in the last one hehe.
Bad Rumad.

I think last round there was the dilletante, the youthful enthusiasm of someone discovering a whole new world and trying to understand it. Many people have played this game too long and it's nice to see keen ppl bringing the enthusiasm back.

This round, well..... You probably feel the needto post more than the desire to join in. I think the boards make ppl very cynical too, happens to everyone. Decent posts are rare and in the meantime ppl evtertain themselves by posting crap and it becomes a bit of a habbit.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 06:46   #19
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Ahriman
The mods destroyed AD, not the posters!!!!!
My bad.
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 07:03   #20
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Rumad
My HC do that, perhaps others should also.
Your HC would be well advised to do that with less rank based discrimination, then.
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 09:28   #21
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Rumad

Scouse I find it highly amusing for you to be so cyncal. ppl like ado, parracida, psi-k are the reason these boards are so ****e. Other alliances have them too, but perhaps you should be starting by looking closer to home.

My HC do that, perhaps others should also.
when will your hc forbid you to post?:P heh
just couldn't resist heh:P
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 09:55   #22
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
straight to the point m8:P why hide something you can just aswell blatantly say:P
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 10:20   #23
Dragoon

Quote:
and try to keep a few shreds of integrity intact when contributing to that controversy.
Is it really that hard, or are you just trying to make a statement by contradicting my post with your actions? The guilty parties know who they are.