User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 11:26   #101
Slinky
SPESHAL

Slinky is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: History of ICD

Reborn never died! We just moved on to better places *Top non fury/legion galaxy round 3, 80% reborn! Weeeeeeeee. We rocked
Round 4 - UiS member, The Return member, Elysium member
Round 5 - Didn't play
Round 6 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 7 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 8 - GC | IPC BC
Round 9 - GC | Eden Group Planetarion Leader
Round 9.5 - MOW | Rock member
Round * Quit
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 03:37   #102
Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dookie
i think Melissa was the HC Landor invited from nowhere to HC, she just turned up one day... which was nice
Mel was a former HC of Seal. Hey dookie

Scouse: Been missing you

Unread 8 Jul 2004, 17:38   #103
Anakin
Stealth & Shadows

Anakin is on a distinguished road

ICD was my first alliance back in late r3, i missed alot of its best days ... i was invited by Bray an rl mate and their then tecy (Bigbro/Lilsis master mind heh) .... loved it in ICDa made alot of my long lasting friends their, some of whom i still see in rl to this day... i remmber the fun we had in LoR with them feckin lemming run's hehe... i remmber learning to bc their for the first time with dookie... i remmber ICDamage and NewOrder were i had my first taste of some sort of command... misty, landor, fiddler, dookie, virii, angel, these are the peeps that made icd for me... such a bloody good laff, never felt that sens of community and common respect on that level since, it was a total plesure to be a member of that group.

Ended up that i would set sail for NoS in the later half of the r4/r5 but wouldnt be without my old commrades for too long as a good deal of them ended up their with us, it wasnt the same by any means but the Illuminati wouldnt have been the same without them (-:

even to my last day in planetarion as an active executive i allways kept a core group of old icd with me wereever i went, icd made planetarion what it was for me, and for that i'am very thankful.

Respect.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 21:35   #104
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

xd n00b:P
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 12:35   #105
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

XD why's you hafto drag this old thread back to life.
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 22:58   #106
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Rd 2 ICD will always be better than Rd2 Reborn. Thats just the facts. How on earth is this thread still around?
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 03:08   #107
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
How on earth is this thread still around?
Possibly because people keep unwittingly bumping it

Oh god, I just had a flashback of one of xd212's "ta" moments. rofl. Is Dookie still about?
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 10:01   #108
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman
Possibly because people keep unwittingly bumping it

Oh god, I just had a flashback of one of xd212's "ta" moments. rofl. Is Dookie still about?
lo ahri

ltns
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 19:46   #109
Pandion

Heh, years out of PA, here i am bored so i decide to check out the forums for some old familiar names. The first thread i see... ICD.

Yet again typical, one sided, rose tinted view of ICD (i can only comment on rds 2-4 since i was there then). One thing you all seem to forget is that ICD was, by the end of rd2, VIRII's baby and VIRII was an arse. Yes Ahri has pointed this out, but Ahri was K9, as was i, as were most of the people who instigated the formation of ICD (originally based on B8S and K9 merger). And YES INSANE wasn't HC, but that's only because VIRII shafted him out of the position, you see VIRII and i didn't exactly see eye to eye, hence he bore a grudge against K9 - usually because Haeruor and i constantly reminded him of his arse-iness. You see in rd2, INSANE was top10 for a long time, being 30m score when the average was around 4m, hence being the good guy he was, he defended K9 a lot, K9 and their friends, noteably from B8S (through maddy usually), for this, he was offered ICD HC as K9 rep... His shafting was one of the many reasons i left ICD 2 weeks after their formation, many K9ers stayed, many had split loyalties and the 2 alliances were close, some spied for ICD on K9 (lo Bray/Toni).

These moves, these petty moves, were typical of VIRII, i can even remember him "promising" to come to my town and "f*ck me up"... i'm still waiting. Whilst he was undoubtedly a good player, he was no angel, hero or even decent guy, and whilst ppl will point out that i'm talking about him and not vice-versa, you have to remember that pissing off ICD, the HC in particular, was the high point in my PA 'career' ( i was always f*cking awful at the game)

Unread 14 Aug 2004, 22:40   #110
Zahrim
PA Night Shifts Suck :(

Zahrim is an unknown quantity at this point

ICD was my 1st alliance, Printf/Creative got me to join them after noticing how active I was in IRC....

It was well worth it, I was a crappy little 4 million n00b planet that racked up 800 roids in ICD raids in 1 week. Heh, yeah, a 4 million planet with 800 roids.... it was like a never ending stream of attacks out of Legion and Fury tagged gals for a week straight, and ICD's defense did not fail... in fact it was usually a massacre for the attackers. The big shots would rarely check their fleets because this was some crappy little planet in a crappy little gal, and wake up to find no roids and 1/2 their fleets vaporized in the 1st tick thanks to ICD defense.

But Fury noticed this, and Seduzer offered me a spot in his R4 gal after PrintF/Creative recommended me. I feel bad now for leaving the ones who provided me so much defense, but the reality of it was, I was a n00b, and Fury offered me a spot in what would be one of it's best galaxys? Duh, of course I took it, getting into Fury after playing PA for 3 months? That opportunity doesn't happen very often.

/me downs a shot of whiskey in memory of ICD
Unread 22 Aug 2004, 19:40   #111
Anakin
Stealth & Shadows

Anakin is on a distinguished road

lol... this thread will never die =P

... i wont let it

ta Ahriman.
Unread 22 Aug 2004, 20:54   #112
OneColourRed

OneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the rough

Just keeps coming back doesnt it
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 01:47   #113
Ice Maiden

Ice Maiden is an unknown quantity at this point

One Colour Red, Cant believe you are still lurking about here. Do you all remember me.I stopped Planetarion about r5. I was never ICD HC but my hubby Gandalf was. We came on her talking about old times and have seen loads a peeps we knew, so just HAD to sat hellloooo.
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 01:48   #114
ICDGandalf

ICDGandalf is an unknown quantity at this point

Well ICDGandalf makes a surprise return. Its great seeing so many familier names of the peeps i played PA with. Me and Icemaiden still together and very happy. Not played PA for several years and stiull miss the peeps we were with.

ICD was the greatest and best alliance with all the friendship and fun we all had. Many a late night was spent in battle and the morning after always with a hangover.

We lost contact with several peeps. There wont be an alliance like us lot.

Gandalf
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 01:52   #115
Ice Maiden

Ice Maiden is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to let you know , I will NEVER forget when VIRII asked us to attack fury and my poor planet was decaimated and no one could send defence. I had to go off sick for 5 weeks to build my planet up again.........ah those were the days (my ex boss will never forgive sid from fury....................lol) Those wre the days.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 02:28   #116
OneColourRed

OneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the rough

Yeh never will be an alliance quite like ICD again

you guys should start idling in #icd again few of the oldies in there, Balth, Conall Epcy and Misty are still regulars
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 13:13   #117
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Will someone please lock this thread so it can die peacefully...

I loved ICD and Virii, some did some didnt... but this is a war game and his style wasnt liked universally... has anyones been ?

Although its lovely to reminiss ( or however the hell u spell it ... ) this threads relevance to todays pa is in ancient history section :-) no-one drags legion or fury or even concordiums threads back to today, why do it to ICD's ?

the ICD flag flys at half mast in all old ICD'ers hearts ... it was wonderfull while it was good, it had its day .. now its dead.. stop digging it up and making me relive it burial day .. please.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 14:00   #118
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
no-one drags legion or fury or even concordiums threads back to today,
Are you reading the same AD as I am?
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 10:05   #119
Bubba

Oh my god, I haven't been involved with PA or of course ICD for nearly 4 years and it's still the same people saying the same things .

Feels like I just walked into a school reunion and the bully wants to take my wages instead of lunch money!!!

Nice to see your all still alive and well, oh how I miss the old days. Rd2 for me was the best then lost a little interest in Rd3, with Rd4 sucking.

Well I am back after the 4 year exile, anybody wanting to catch up message me!

Beers

Unread 13 Oct 2004, 21:02   #120
fiddler123b
vacation-monkey

fiddler123b is an unknown quantity at this point

great
I visit these premises again, and you know what?
the ICD-thread is on top again.... nearly 2 years after we died a peacefully in our sleep.
what can I say Bubba, the funny thing about pa is that you will never get tired of doing the same thing round after round again, provided you've got the time
its 15 ppl idling now in our room, and I have to say, that ICD finally is merging into HR for the bigger part lol.
so many oldies playing again this round, join in!

can some mod close this ancient thread and make it sticky?
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 22:00   #121
Edge
hate us cuz they ain't us

Edge has a spectacular aura aboutEdge has a spectacular aura about

Icd!
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 23:11   #122
ironhell
Gifted

ironhell is an unknown quantity at this point

This is very useless...

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
There was only one galaxy we couldn't seem to break (lo ironhell)
r3 11:14
r4 130:12
r5 25:20
r6 39:9
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 23:36   #123
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Yay, let's bring back old posts to add some intelligent comments.
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 08:24   #124
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point

I checked my email this morning and what do I get? Topic: Reply to post 'History of ICD'

My god, will I never get any peace? I'm now wondering whether to risk addiction by checking for free signups... scary.
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 11:16   #125
Edge
hate us cuz they ain't us

Edge has a spectacular aura aboutEdge has a spectacular aura about

lol you should ahriman you should!!!!!!!

inter cluster defense!!! w00tt!