User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 20 May 2003, 18:16   #1
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
History of Round 9

For some strange reason I have decided to write this with the cooperation of all major alliances (not all of them know they are cooperating yet though )

However I also want to know about any special experiances normal players had and how they viewed the wars etc. So if anyone ahs something they think should be included, or wants to help write this please contact me - [email protected]

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 18:18   #2
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough
Re: History of Round 9

Quote:
Originally posted by KalVirtus
For some strange reason I have decided to write this with the cooperation of all major alliances (not all of them know they are cooperating yet though )

However I also want to know about any special experiances normal players had and how they viewed the wars etc. So if anyone ahs something they think should be included, or wants to help write this please contact me - [email protected]
Getting the entire top10 over you during the NAR-WEET war \o/
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 18:48   #3
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: History of Round 9

Quote:

If it turns out to be any good Kal, do post it here please.

Good luck, might be worth it.
Unread 20 May 2003, 19:16   #4
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: History of Round 9

Quote:
Originally posted by WipeOut
If it turns out to be any good Kal, do post it here please.

Good luck, might be worth it.
heres my contribution working with kal was "difficult" I do not blame entire nar going into vacation after trying to work with him ;p
Unread 20 May 2003, 19:34   #5
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: History of Round 9

Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
heres my contribution working with kal was "difficult" I do not blame entire nar going into vacation after trying to work with him ;p

Kal comes with a manual
Unread 20 May 2003, 21:09   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
w00t a me bashing thread, I must be important for people to insult me.

Sirad, i still haven't worked out what I actually did to annoy u...

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 20 May 2003, 22:24   #7
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
w00t a me bashing thread, I must be important for people to insult me.

Sirad, i still haven't worked out what I actually did to annoy u...
the whole vacation thing annoyed us it wasnt u, more nos on a whole (4 me anyway)
Unread 20 May 2003, 22:54   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

ah vacation mode... best 3 days of the round for me, u have no idea how tempting it was just to stay there.... migth make it a permanent thing, have a planend allaince holiday when peopel can sleep for a few days and have real lives

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 21 May 2003, 00:46   #9
TeraHertz
TeraHertz? Who's that?

TeraHertz is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm, well. A brief hisotry of my round

2 and a half weeks after the round started I signed up. I'd been away for 2 years so I chose Terran, bascily becasue I couldnt be arsed reading the descriptions of the other races.

One I got my account I realised I'd been thrown into an empy galaxy. I thought "oh shhh*t" its happened again.

After emailing spinner to get me moved (with no reply) I met up with some others in a similar situation, Sammo, Yashmak, and Tomex. By getting one of their mates to sign up, the group of us all moved ourselves into a private galaxy, then opened it up to randoms.

After a while the gal filled up. In came IsNoGood - who stayed inactive, Lamos - who was eventualy deleted for using stolen credit card details, Sam - who wasnt very active becasue of his dad Goldeneye being tight with the net connection ( lo Gold ), Oper, Itsme, and Graki.

For the first little while I got attacked alot, but Azzido kept the great unwashed off my back. Then he left for France... I was on my own. Thankfuly Phil^ stepped in as became our guardian angel, defending us countless times. (thanks Phil^ and Azz)

After about a week of haning around in my old alliance channel I heard of an allaince called NewDawn. I knew an HC of it from back in the days when i used ot play before, so after a bit of begging I managed to get my crappy score in.

At that point the incomming pretty much stopped. Though I got attacked alot, I always got defence.

When exams cought up with me I neglected my planet a bit and didnt get very far.

I totaly missed the block wars, I was too small to do anything at the time, so they didnt really effect me, other than a few Eclipse or WP totaly overkilling when attacking me (and still having to recall - thank god) I didnt see much of the bigger alliances.

Other than that, nothing mch happened of notewortyness.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/terahertz/NDTeraHertz9.jpg
TeraHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 00:51   #10
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by TeraHertz
If you needed def you could have asked me d00d.

Well, untill my account got closed.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 00:52   #11
TeraHertz
TeraHertz? Who's that?

By the way why do IMG tags come out as links when it says BBcode is enabled....that sucks

http://mysite.freeserve.com/terahertz/NDTeraHertz9.jpg
Unread 21 May 2003, 00:54   #12
TeraHertz
TeraHertz? Who's that?

Quote:
Originally posted by Embroglio
If you needed def you could have asked me d00d.

Well, untill my account got closed.

heheh, well. now you tell me
Unread 21 May 2003, 01:10   #13
Embroglio

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
heheh, well. now you tell me
YOU DIDN'T ****ING ASK ME, DID YOU?
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 21 May 2003, 01:15   #14
TeraHertz
TeraHertz? Who's that?

Quote:
YOU DIDN'T ****ING ASK ME, DID YOU?
WELL IM NOT PSYCHIC! YOU DIDNT TELL ME TO ASK!
Unread 21 May 2003, 02:46   #15
Embroglio

You're not having much luck with the ol' tags there mate.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 21 May 2003, 10:11   #16
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Sam - who wasnt very active becasue of his dad Goldeneye being tight with the net connection ( lo Gold )
i didnt know Sam played PA
Unread 21 May 2003, 10:53   #17
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
when u want to writte or talk about r9 just say:

The Round who was as **** as r5

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 13:45   #18
Kal
Inactive peon

it wasn't that bad, i had a fair bit of fun, even getting attacked all the time can be fun, u just have to look at it the right way.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 21 May 2003, 14:15   #19
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
to put it simply:

NARWEET V VVOMM - VVOMM outnumbered, rolled over and died
WEET V NAR - NAR rolled over and died, then a lot went into vac mode
WE V ET - WE rolled over and died, but put a better fight up than anyone else. A lot defected to ET to save roids

ET is the winner, but when people look back it'll be seen that Eclipse won. And deservedly so, even if (like I said in another thread) no-one else deserved too.
Unread 21 May 2003, 14:20   #20
Kal
Inactive peon

I was looking to maybe look mor einto key moments, things that could ahve changed the round. It wasn;t allways a forgone conclusion that eclipse would win.... (if it was then someone tell me eclipse's secret or recruit me )

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 21 May 2003, 16:49   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
I was looking to maybe look mor einto key moments, things that could ahve changed the round. It wasn;t allways a forgone conclusion that eclipse would win.... (if it was then someone tell me eclipse's secret or recruit me )
I remember telling someone at the start of this round that I thought the final winning lineup would be ToT, RaH and Eclipse (two out of three ain't bad and that was before any blocks were formed). Quite simply these alliances were the only ones with talent at all levels. I don't think that at any point up until the WE/ET split could eclipse and ToT have lost. By that stage they had enough of an advantage individually to take down pack and ely however.

Possibly if WE had decided how precisely they wanted to win the war at the start and had held onto all their members they could have won. Eclipse and tot played well but they almost seemed to win through the ineptness of their opponents than any brilliant secret strategy. Round could have been different if NAR hadn't joined with WEET, if VOM hadn't had pure gals or if WE had split off earlier I'd say.
Unread 22 May 2003, 00:26   #22
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You're not having much luck with the ol' tags there mate.
Someone should probably tell him that img and color tags are off. Probably.
Unread 22 May 2003, 09:52   #23
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Round 09 || NoS MC

So what's an 'MC' ?

<insert list of vaguely amusing options here, cant be bothered>

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 09:55   #24
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Music Composer
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 11:36   #25
skipper
outsider

skipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
ET is the winner, but when people look back it'll be seen that Eclipse won. And deservedly so, even if (like I said in another thread) no-one else deserved too.
ToT won this round as much as Furgion won the rounds it did.
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 13:53   #26
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally posted by Fifth_teletubbie
So what's an 'MC' ?
Military Commander / Military Council Member depending on who u ask

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 May 2003, 01:21   #27
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light
Military Council :P

Quote:
You know i can remember our very first attack coordination (ie between me and you) and that wasnt exactly "easy" ;P
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 03:38   #28
Dingo
God

Dingo has a spectacular aura aboutDingo has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkAngel
the whole vacation thing annoyed us it wasnt u, more nos on a whole (4 me anyway)
Good thing I don't give a **** I guess.
Unread 23 May 2003, 08:10   #29
Archi
Mack Daddy

Archi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Love you too DA
Unread 23 May 2003, 08:14   #30
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dingo
Good thing I don't give a **** I guess.
Good thing i didn't ask u then huh - was merely stating my opinion on a cowardice (in my view) act.

Quote:
Originally posted by Archi
Love you too DA
I guess someone has 2 hehe
Unread 23 May 2003, 09:19   #31
Jormalai

Jormalai is an unknown quantity at this point
r 9 history from my view

Desided to play i thing one week before singup. By request off Lizardking. He and MacTanzu had made galaxy for me to be in as Gc. So i desided to play one more round.

At the start we desided that our galaxy was pure Weet. And so it was. We had good luck in the shuffule becouse Macs galaxy ended up in same para (8) then us.

So it was wery easy to us 2 galas to work with eachother by making joined attacks and defences inside para. But like every1 know first 2 war were not wery long lasting.

And when war with ET vs WE started. Me and Mac had talk what we want to do with our galaxys. And we desided to go with ET. First i was sure that we would get cnutted as shire size off WE was at that time i thing 3 times as big as ET(members).

Well round ended quit nicly for our and Macs galaxy we where ranked at 8 and Macs galaxy was 10. Mostly becouse there galas neutrals got cnutted by some roid hungry et players.

Thx to all that helped us to get where we ended up. Dont want to spesified then becouse could acsidently left some1 out.

ps. But i still say worse round ever

Proud to be Xanadu
Peon off Eclipse
Jormalai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 09:53   #32
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Military Commander / Military Council Member depending on who u ask
So is that a 'HC for military matters' or a 'BC with a funky(?) new name' ?

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:01   #33
Kal
Inactive peon

not HC, not BC, something in between. MCs run the BC team, they maintain it and plan attacks etc. You have more than one MC to share the workload etc.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???