User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 6 Apr 2003, 23:32   #51
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Recon
i can't confirm this or not cause i'm not on IRC, but afaik Rabba is defending MrPink is this true?

if so, Eclipse "heh" oh and possibly a "RoffleTomato" aswell
Hellfish's attackers aren't Eclipse members.

"Heh"
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 23:32   #52
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
i can't confirm this or not cause i'm not on IRC, but afaik Rabba is defending MrPink is this true?

if so, Eclipse "heh" oh and possibly a "RoffleTomato" aswell
That would be correct.

And Rob, that was the answer I was looking for
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 23:32   #53
Terminator2003

Terminator2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
No, I spend all day sat on Internet forums bitching about attacks and back stabbing in an online game to people who don't give a dam.
actually, you spend all day bitching about people who are bitching about attacks and back stabbing in an online game.

pld
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 23:34   #54
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
ps im interested to hear who the 2 people are, if they are Eclipse well, you guys are really doing a stunning show tonight i will find it somewhat amusing and comical they have the gall to call me slow
I think I see what you've done there Recon, you've altered what I've wrote and typed a humorous message there, "cunning".

Do you really think any of this matters ? Do you think my posts make people hate Eclipse ? It may influence a few little peons who read AD and don't realise this is all one big show with most people here getting off on provoking a reaction out of one another, but those people don't count, AD doesn't count anymore. There's a small circle of people who do count and can have an impact on the game and guess what ? None of them are going to make decisions based on AD posts.

The fact you think any of this matters shows just how naive you are of the "big picture".
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 23:36   #55
Recon
Notice Me!!! Notice Me!!!

Recon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob

"Heh"
i will give you this one, only cause im tired and i want my bed though!!

I'd now like to encourage all Eclipse members especially Hicks to keep posting in this thread for my return in the morning

ps most fun i've had in pa and on these forums in a long time

pps i still think i am winning - i did say i'm not on IRC and couldn't confirm everything so my last post was a minor win for you Eclipse lads
He isn't what I would call a menace but he is like a child trapped in a fat child with cerebal palsy's body which is wrapped in denim.He seemed to always bitch at everything that ever happened ever even if it was a post that read "SUNDAY8PM IS THE KING OF THE SOCIAL SCENE!" he would still bitch about it. Oh and it's a well known fact that if you mash Sunday8pm's face into a keyboard, the words "More Hula Hoops Please" will mysteriously appear on screen every time.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 23:36   #56
BOB_LOST
Banned

BOB_LOST is an unknown quantity at this point
1.hicks like nekkid sheep
2. Welsh people are not humans but :e_chick:

BOB_LOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 23:36   #57
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:

"Heh"
FS Rob why did you go and spoil it, this could have run for another two pages until Recon's head exploded

Bob your such a :e_bunny:
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 23:48   #58
masterjw
Commander

masterjw is an unknown quantity at this point
id like to add another m00 coz u guyz look like madcows :/
masterjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 02:34   #59
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Now that Rabba is reopened ..

Quote:

The farming thing was a joke. The NaR members in 48:4 asked to have their arbiter protection removed, it was removed, and they were attacked.

Unless Rabba asks for his arbiter protection to be removed, I doubt that anyone in WEET will be attacking him
Which, if he farmed/cheated, is a pitty

Even if he cheated rabba admittedly is no killmark, but i hoped you guys had finaly mustered up the courage to act in defiance of alliance politics if people that should be attacked for unpolitical reasons (e.g. cheating) hide behind them. Guess I was wrong, Would have been too nice to be true anyway :-/

Instead you go the old, boring, conventional way again and let your hands be tied by politics. no one can prolly blame you for that as most HCs would do the same, but still a pitty

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 02:43   #60
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
We're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Rabba's case was unusual, certainly not a clear-cut cheating case. While he did break the rules, he did so in ignorance of those rules, and so I guess we have to give him the benefit of the doubt (as the creators have done also). Whether that's the right thing to do, we will never know.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 03:04   #61
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Rabba's case was unusual, certainly not a clear-cut cheating case. While he did break the rules, he did so in ignorance of those rules, and so I guess we have to give him the benefit of the doubt (as the creators have done also). Whether that's the right thing to do, we will never know.
are you saying that people in r7 could have plead ignorance and been reopened? As far as I know that pronouncement was just made in a creators hour and displayed in overview. I suppose they could have claimed 'but i thought that was just for ship farming' etc and have been on their merry way?
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 03:06   #62
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Thats allways the case if you have one or more sides trying to put all of your actions in the worrst light possible because you're the enemy. You have those same voices against you no matter what you do. They render themselves irrelevant that way, just ignore them and listen to those that base their replies to you on actual content not on what block you're on (I assume you're ignoring the opinions of fred etc. anyway, hence i didn't feel the need to include them as seperate category to be safely ignored).

but i'm not really saying anything here people don't know allready i guess :-/

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 03:08   #63
ComradeRob
wasted

Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
are you saying that people in r7 could have plead ignorance and been reopened? As far as I know that pronouncement was just made in a creators hour and displayed in overview. I suppose they could have claimed 'but i thought that was just for ship farming' etc and have been on their merry way?
I don't know - I seem to remember the signup page including the PA rules in r7. In r9, the basic rules about account-swapping, multi-ing and farming were not part of the signup agreement, nor were they posted anywhere obvious.

For multi-ing etc., the fact that this has been illegal since the start of PA means that anyone pleading ignorance would fail. But since ship-farming is only newly illegal, the defence of ignorance does carry a bit more weight.

The creators decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, since it was also their own mistake in not posting the details of new rules where all could see them clearly.
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 03:11   #64
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I don't know - I seem to remember the signup page including the PA rules in r7. In r9, the basic rules about account-swapping, multi-ing and farming were not part of the signup agreement, nor were they posted anywhere obvious.

For multi-ing etc., the fact that this has been illegal since the start of PA means that anyone pleading ignorance would fail. But since ship-farming is only newly illegal, the defence of ignorance does carry a bit more weight.

The creators decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, since it was also their own mistake in not posting the details of new rules where all could see them clearly.
The terms and conditions were in a scrollable box, same as r7. In r7 farming was never mentioned in the user agreement.
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 07:10   #65
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

oh right. poor rabba couldn't possibly know that it's not allowed to shipfarm.
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 07:14   #66
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K03N
oh right. poor rabba couldn't possibly know that it's not allowed to shipfarm.
The argument has never been that he couldn't possibly have known, but that he could possibly have not known. But you would have known that if you actually READ the arguments, instead of just trolled.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 07:23   #67
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Obfuscator
The argument has never been that he couldn't possibly have known, but that he could possibly have not known. But you would have known that if you actually READ the arguments, instead of just trolled.

i cba to read all the bs on this forums anymore.
farmers should be closed. always. end of discussion.
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 07:26   #68
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K03N
i cba to read all the bs on this forums anymore.
farmers should be closed. always. end of discussion.
Personally, I've always thought that in a rational discussion, the participants should read and understand the arguments of the other posters. While I certainly can't stop you from declining to do this, I feel well within my rights to call you a moron for failing to.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 08:23   #69
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
can't we just roid him ?
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 08:36   #70
Eternity
DarK_AnGeL^

Eternity is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
can't we just roid him ?
I'm with you theamion :d

tell me when u wanna launch
VtS, CpV, RAH, ND, Jenova, xVx, Ascendancy, Rainbows, Kittenz, Faceless, Ironborn and RED.

Played in rounds :
20, 22, 23, 24, 27, 30, 31
71 - 85.
Eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 09:03   #71
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Eternity
I'm with you theamion :d

tell me when u wanna launch
launch only a few ships, if you are lucky, he is getting closed for farming again

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 09:33   #72
Le Mauvais Moine

Le Mauvais Moine is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Wow admiration: You have convinced yourself that "he did not know" that is not been clear cut cheating ! You're a master of autosuggestion (or maybe you're just pathetic).
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 11:54   #73
Galaxian

Galaxian is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

When you commit a crime, ignorance is not a valid defence. If I rob a bank and get caught and then claim I didn't know it was against the law, should they let me off by taking some of the robbed money back? If Rabba didn't bother to acquaint himself with the rules of the game, thats his problem. He broke the rules, he should be closed and deleted.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 11:57   #74
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Robs point was not supporting Rabba, infact Rob was arguing against those who claimed that now it was Robs business to "clear" the "mistakes" the creators did.
Rabba indeed broke rules, but apparently this was not enough to get him deleted, and as we all can read in the new rules, there are different level of punishment for cheating now. Rabba got the admittedly weak one, removing all stolen ships and getting a timepenalty without income.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 12:07   #75
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Exactly Rob. So do what you want to do and what you think is best. Fk everyone else, they'll bitch no matter what.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 12:40   #76
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Galaxian
When you commit a crime, ignorance is not a valid defence. If I rob a bank and get caught and then claim I didn't know it was against the law, should they let me off by taking some of the robbed money back? If Rabba didn't bother to acquaint himself with the rules of the game, thats his problem. He broke the rules, he should be closed and deleted.
The fact that people are comparing bank robbery to ship farming in an online game is rather amusing..
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 13:55   #77
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally posted by -CP-
The fact that people are comparing bank robbery to ship farming in an online game is rather amusing..
If you fail to understand the difference between a direct comparison and an analogy, thats your problem.
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 14:50   #78
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
If you fail to understand the difference between a direct comparison and an analogy, thats your problem.

And if you fail to see the difference between a joke and a serious argument then I think it's you who has a problem
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Unread 7 Apr 2003, 15:16   #79
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally posted by -CP-
And if you fail to see the difference between a joke and a serious argument then I think it's you who has a problem
The words "pedalling" and "back" spring to mind.
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 15:19   #80
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Terminator2003
Why don't the WP HC come together with VoM and NaR HC, sign some NAPs, and start raping Eclipse all together?
well had the thought not occured to you that if Nar and Vom were any good at all they might have been able to take out weet already?

i mean fs weet wasnt that strong when the nap ended with NaR, they were too slow to do anything about it, and as for vom well there hasnt been a huge amount of fight in them at all this round, too many cheifs and not enough indians which is why they never get anything done.

and tbh I somehow doubt Pack would leave Weet without Elysium going with them, seeing as they have been close for quite a while now over 2 rounds right?

in short there is more of a chance in elvis coming back than nar/vom+pack actually putting up a good fight even if they did, that is unless they have actually decided that there military is sadly lacking and streamlined it a lot.
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:34   #81
Remberasha

Remberasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by Terminator2003
Why don't the WP HC come together with VoM and NaR HC, sign some NAPs, and start raping Eclipse all together?
<=====>

VOM doesn't need naps with anybody else to rape Eclipse --

*snicker*
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:47   #82
Confraria
Tusa Lusa

Confraria is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: heh

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas
I wish all galaxies had the guts to take one side in the Nar WEET war...

-Jonas-

prolly cause they didnt showed the guts to make closed gals like vom did.... this was ment to happen since the begining and they knew it. have fun weet

Ascendancy: Anarchy. Elitism. And no f*cking crashing
Confraria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 18:21   #83
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't bring myself to believe that Rabba was not knowingly breaking the rules, but the creators have spoken. Not that they affect anything anyway.

I also find it amusing that people still expect alliances to justify what they're doing, but I suppose AD might be considerably more boring if this misconception was not rife.
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 18:50   #84
Remberasha

Remberasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Of course he knew ~

Of course Rabba knew it was cheating -- Personally I don't see what he got out of doing ship farming anyway as the cost of the farming ships itself can be detrimental...

He could have just as easily earned those ships by defending gal M8's with the right combo's vs the incoming races,....

In Rabba's case - PAcrew have spoken - they set a punishment - and Rabba is still in the game - so this issue should be over! period!~

I do find it somewhat disturbing that some however who have flamed and bashed Killmark - have no compunctions about saying Rabba is different and should be protected, etc... as if this makes it right and just!~

Killmark (and his galaxy) - is being attacked in mass, with no evidence they have cheated at all this round, and yet have had their coordinates posted (often) on the message boards (also a breach of rules - right?) and of course their game is pretty much over now!~

Rabba - has been punished for his (proven) cheating - and sent back in the game., and now has protection by his alliance and annonymity of his coordinates to prevent revenge bashing,..

For those that defend Rabba's honor, and disclaim Killmark as a disgrace -- I feel you now dishonor yourselves... But then again such is the nature of the beast -- Lynch away !~ I'll not be party to the bash!~

Remby
(No one expects the Inquisition!~)
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 19:07   #85
-CP-
SHW

Quote:
The words "pedalling" and "back" spring to mind.
The words "waste" "of" "time" comes to mind..