User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:23   #1
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
To those outside WeeT/Nar demanding a split

I appreciate how agitated you've become, it isn't nice to be bashed into the ground, and it's not nice to see the more cowardly among you give up in various ways. It's not nice to see your intel officers defect (actually it's not nice to see them welcomed, either) and it's not nice that the only way you feel you can fight is to post on AD.

However, what you're doing makes absolutely no difference whatsoever to the situation; so don't fool yourself into thinking you're fighting a just cause. I'll specify Hardin as the main reason for this thread, since I know/knew him You say you've been asking for the past few days for WeeT/Nar HC to split up and that shock horror they don't seem to be listening to little ol' you - what did you expect? An apology and an immediate enacting of your demands? Please. I've been reading the stuff you're posting about this topic and fair enough some of it is accurate, I'd even go so far as to say that many in WeeT/Nar sympathise with you (though possibly for their own roidhungry reasons).

As with most situations of this nature it's safe to say that unless the change comes from within, it won't happen. Perhaps you think you can 'convert' players in WeeT/Nar to your side to build up pressure on the HC, but all that will really achieve is cursory dropping of NAPs and 'accidental' roidings around the edges where it really doesn't matter. This won't accomplish anything from your perspective. What you want is a nice split down the middle that'll allow the remaining Vom to reclaim some ground and perhaps help one side, thus hiking themselves up the rankings.

What I'm saying is that your posts are a waste of time. They may achieve small goals, but those goals are not of any use to you or Vom as a whole.

In addition I'd like to say that I've always considered vacation mode a coward's retreat - whether being hit by Conc/BT in r2, Fury/Legion/RB in r3, the parallel alliance in r4 (lo Scorpio and co ), by Fury in r5/6, or again by Fury in r7. there was never a time where I could possibly have considered vacation mode. So I put it to you that those claiming that vacation mode is somehow an 'honourable' option at this point are indeed fools.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:27   #2
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, the vac mode is working though, reduced narweet targets in top 200 by 33% at least.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:38   #3
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
18:9 vacation moded early in round 3 to avoid getting mullered incluster, yet managed to come back and take 4th spot. It's a valid tactic like any other built into PA.

Jester
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:41   #4
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
yup it works and it is working.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:43   #5
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Jester
18:9 vacation moded early in round 3 to avoid getting mullered incluster, yet managed to come back and take 4th spot. It's a valid tactic like any other built into PA.

Jester
That does not disregard the facts that its lame, an insult to your alliance mates and well: spineless.

Also, the feature never was designed for this, so you may deem it a 'valid tactic', but I deem it an exploit. Just as farming was.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:47   #6
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
Originally posted by Jester
I didn't say it wasn't a valid tactic, I said that refering to it as an honourable one - especially while deriding WeeT/Nar as dishonourable for bringing so many alliances to bear on so few (which, lest we forget, is also a valid tactic), is foolish. I find Olympians who were in Titans using the word 'honour' to describe this quite insulting.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:48   #7
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
That does not disregard the facts that its lame, an insult to your alliance mates and well: spineless.

Also, the feature never was designed for this, so you may deem it a 'valid tactic', but I deem it an exploit. Just as farming was.
I'm in complete agreement.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 20:10   #8
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida

Nothing wrong with farming*.

Jester

*In and of itself. It became a problem when the universe shrunk and the intensity was stepped severely. Back when farming meant ingal farming it was just another way to get roids. I was always against my own galaxy farming because I'd rather have a strong galaxy with everyone attacking. I also considered it boring. If I didn't want to play the game, I wouldn't have gotten an account in the first place. Same goes for vacation mode. It's up to the person who plays the account really. Maybe they wanted a 3 day vacation from incoming
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 20:15   #9
Hardin

Hardin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Ahriman
I didn't say it wasn't a valid tactic, I said that refering to it as an honourable one - especially while deriding WeeT/Nar as dishonourable for bringing so many alliances to bear on so few (which, lest we forget, is also a valid tactic), is foolish. I find Olympians who were in Titans using the word 'honour' to describe this quite insulting.
Ahriman I have the greatest respect for u sice R5 when I fought alongside u in Ely when we had unending waves of Fury inc

However, I honestly don't think the vast majority of NARWEET members seem to appreciate the one-sided scale of the current situation...

I say this after exchanging many mails with many of my attackers and trying to discuss the situation wit them!

Maybe the forums is not the best place to express this...after all who reads it except for the usual bunch of cronies...

However, I think the current weight of opinion on the forums actually reflects the vast frustation of VOM members (and unaligned) to actually do anything else about the situation (and we have tried other methods - believe me!)

As I have said before I have been on the wrong side before many times since R3 when I joined and I have seen nothing EVER that compares to the scale of incoming atm...

My gal for instance has had 1 night free of incoming since the NARWEET offensive kicked off...many nights with multiple waves and all planets covered and this applies to 90% of VOM gals on any given night!

I agree with you that you can still garner some satisfaction from playing even in the face of these impossible odds...I particularly have had great pleasure in ambushing the occasional incoming fleet but there is a limit to what we can do and our fleets get smaller compared to our opponents every night.

I personally have no intention of putting my planet in vacation...but I am certainly seriously considering not initiating anymore roids (What is the point when u guys attack everyone with over 70 every single night?) I can also understand why Nacho and his gal have done what they have done even if I may disagree with the tactic they used!

R9.5 - ? - *NONE* - Lost Avengers returns!!!
R9 - 4:10:5 - *OLYMPIANS* - I hate NARWEET *Boohoo*...
R8 - 26:2:1 - *TITANS* - We wuz robbed - Hidden Dragons foeva!!!
R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
R5 - C28 - *ELYSIUM* - Lo Friederich, Hardcastle, CBK and all...
R4 - ? - *NONE* - Hapless noobie
R3 - ? - *NONE* - Hopeless noobie
Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 20:39   #10
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Ahri, you're probably right. But do you think they're going to stop posting nonsense here because you asked them to?

Basically, the point of your post can be reversed onto yourself.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 20:47   #11
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Ahri, you're probably right. But do you think they're going to stop posting nonsense here because you asked them to?

Basically, the point of your post can be reversed onto yourself.
Yeah, I thought of that half way through writing the first paragraph, but decided it was worth it for the rant
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 21:11   #12
Urkki

Urkki is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: To those outside WeeT/Nar demanding a split

Quote:
However, what you're doing makes absolutely no difference whatsoever to the situation; so don't fool yourself into thinking you're fighting a just cause. I'll specify Hardin as the main reason for this thread, since I know/knew him You say you've been asking for the past few days for WeeT/Nar HC to split up and that shock horror they don't seem to be listening to little ol' you - what did you expect?
Well, first of all, I think "our cause" is just. Majority (2000 players still playing outside WEETNAR, and some within) want to have fun (and when there's nothing you can do that really makes a difference, it's not a fun game) in a PA round they paid for. And minority (1000 inside WEETNAR happy with status quo) want keep preventing that for various reasons. I would call that a just cause, especially in the context of PA "just causes".

As to what we're expecting... Well, what little (very little mostly) I know of the people with influence inside various parts of WEETNAR, they are doing exactly as expected. You see, some just want to win the round at any cost, some are on a power trip actually enjoying being mean bullies, and some are too stupid and/or gutless to take the initiative before being thrown out and roided one by one.

So why post here then, if no change is expected? Well, why the hell not? It's not like there's much else to be done in PA for many. No point initing roids, they will just be taken away. Not enough resources to build more ships or fool around with scans. So only PA-things left to do are to post in Politics, or in Forums, or hang around at irc. I'm doing all that, while waiting to be small enough in score, so I can start attacking again without fear of the top1000 coming to get the roids right away.

If you have a problem with some of us doing this, then take it up with those in WEETNAR who can change the situation, and make sure they don't turn the rest of this round into another R5...
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 21:19   #13
jornx

jornx is an unknown quantity at this point
love you too
r3 jornx of Vegeta III (83:14:19)
r4 Kah'less of Klingon Home World (47:7:1) [Ely]
r5 Talak'Talan of Jem'Hadar (30:4:1) [RYB] [Ely]
r6 Odo of the Founders (33:17:2) [RYB] [VtS]
r7 Steve Orenstein of Wicked Pictures (20:20:1) [RYB] [VtS]
r8 The unbearable lightness of being (31:3:3) [RYB] [Titans]
r9 The beauty of silence (40:5:1) [RYB]
r9.5 ruler_27_3_9 of planet_27_3_9 (27:9:3) [RYB]

[RYB] forever
jornx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 23:30   #14
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Considering the fact that every alliance in Weet and NAr has been seeing the end of this stage of the round for a while now, im not sure vacation mode is really haveing an effect on things either. Things were in the works fo changing before vacation mode, and nothing seems to have sped up.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 23:38   #15
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
oi, stop blaming me for everything Ahri

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 23:51   #16
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio
oi, stop blaming me for everything Ahri
Other thread dearest darling
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 00:01   #17
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Re: To those outside WeeT/Nar demanding a split

Quote:
Originally posted by Urkki
And minority (1000 inside WEETNAR happy with status quo) want keep preventing that for various reasons.
Don't even try to think you know what the members of this block are thinking. We too are gameplayers and we too paid for the round, it's just that the majority don't feel as though they have to come onto these boards bitching about everything 24/7. As Ahrimann said, your constant moaning will make little difference, as would me telling my HC to split the block tomorrow. So please do us all a favour and stop wasting forum database space with the same old same old.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 00:05   #18
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Considering the fact that every alliance in Weet and NAr has been seeing the end of this stage of the round for a while now, im not sure vacation mode is really haveing an effect on things either. Things were in the works fo changing before vacation mode, and nothing seems to have sped up.
There is a great difference between seeing and acting; maybe people simply didn't trust teenwar HCs to cancel their naps.
Given your past (rd 5) this seems rather plausible.

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 00:17   #19
Le Mauvais Moine

Le Mauvais Moine is an unknown quantity at this point
Defectors

Ahri and Hardin are evil defectors corrupted by promises of endless powers by the dark side.

Hardin m8 ! We held your gal for at least one week against the Fury waves. Shame on you !

To both of you: Confess your sins ! Promise mended ways !

Then, let's define alliance <x> as "Fury" and we'll fly again side by side for justice, faith and all the good things ..

But seriously: it's also not *real* fun on our side of the fence, otherwise i would be fleet calcing and target scanning and not posting on these boards :/
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 00:21   #20
Urkki

Urkki is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: To those outside WeeT/Nar demanding a split

Quote:
Originally posted by mazzelaar
Don't even try to think you know what the members of this block are thinking. We too are gameplayers and we too paid for the round, it's just that the majority don't feel as though they have to come onto these boards bitching about everything 24/7. As Ahrimann said, your constant moaning will make little difference, as would me telling my HC to split the block tomorrow. So please do us all a favour and stop wasting forum database space with the same old same old.
Well, HD space is cheap. But if you are concerned, perhaps you shouldn't moan about this moaning

And, I like to fool around in PA at this time of night. And as I explained, spamming these forums is the thing that can make most difference, even if it can make no difference .

Also, if you feel that the number 1000 I threw into my previous post is too much, let's say that just 50 NARWEET players like the current situation. I think that kinda makes my point about "just cause" stronger...

Oh well, off to bed, so you'll have 20h break from me at least...
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 01:29   #21
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Re: Defectors

Quote:
Originally posted by Le Mauvais Moine
But seriously: it's also not *real* fun on our side of the fence, otherwise i would be fleet calcing and target scanning and not posting on these boards :/
I'm in Eclipse mate

Actually in r5 the only alliance I lost roids to after the dropping from grace of Elysium was Legion on a 'retal' mission authed by BiggDogg. It was quite comical really
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 01:49   #22
Le Mauvais Moine

Le Mauvais Moine is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Defectors

Quote:
I'm in Eclipse mate

Actually in r5 the only alliance I lost roids to after the dropping from grace of Elysium was Legion on a 'retal' mission authed by BiggDogg. It was quite comical really
lol, i wonder who sent shippies to you. I had a harder time back then, peaked a 3k roids and then down to 300 or so.

But anyhow, let me entrust to you: there's evil forces at work in Eclipse ! So the new plan is: securing some more roids from Hardin's place. Building fleets, checking for 72h notifications (do some intel work meanwhile, please !).

And when it all starts, we'll fly side by side again (First missions must be flak for Hardin ofc)
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 02:13   #23
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
lookin at the last 10 threads.

funny that posts of stop posting whines evolves into stop posting that says stop posting whines. heh.
furssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 09:53   #24
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by laputa
There is a great difference between seeing and acting; maybe people simply didn't trust teenwar HCs to cancel their naps.
Given your past (rd 5) this seems rather plausible.
Maybe, but seeing is an aboslute requisite to aciting. Rd5 eh? Rd 5 is a good example of naps being less important than allies. But its not a good example.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 10:00   #25
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Maybe, but seeing is an aboslute requisite to aciting. Rd5 eh? Rd 5 is a good example of naps being less important than allies. But its not a good example.
D'accord to the first part. I used rd 5 as an example of what could happen if you only 'see' - I am quite sure that Furgion HCs saw that the game was not very exciting for the non FLVWE players - but not 'act'.

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 10:02   #26
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Cool. Let us know when the split occurs so that our players come out of vac mode. ta
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 10:09   #27
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by laputa
D'accord to the first part. I used rd 5 as an example of what could happen if you only 'see' - I am quite sure that Furgion HCs saw that the game was not very exciting for the non FLVWE players - but not 'act'.
Rd 5, is a good example in the end of how alliance value not stagnating over keeping a block together.

But this round has no commonalities with rd 5. This is a situation with 3 blocks, not 2.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 10:49   #28
Hardin

Re: Defectors

Quote:
Ahri and Hardin are evil defectors corrupted by promises of endless powers by the dark side.

Hardin m8 ! We held your gal for at least one week against the Fury waves. Shame on you !

To both of you: Confess your sins ! Promise mended ways !

Then, let's define alliance <x> as "Fury" and we'll fly again side by side for justice, faith and all the good things ..

Heh mate I know you did...and it was interesting time (well for our two gals anyway if not for the vast majority of the universe which had already been roided into oblivion)...infact it was only after almost two weeks of nightly Fury inc that they actually managed to land on me thanks to you and your gal...

However - in this round there is simply no way to get defence as all sister/allied gals have 100% inc too...

This morning for example I have two 2 million planets hitting me and I have 80 something roids and 450k score. Everyother gal m8 has the same level of inc if not more.

Yesterday I had three x 1.8 mill planets hitting me for my then 99 roids...again no chance of gal or ally defence.

In both cases I have run my fleet to def a gal m8 to at least deny the attackers some of our galaxy's roids...

BTW - Ahri is on your side now!

R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG

Last edited by Hardin; 28 Mar 2003 at 11:01.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 10:59   #29
Hardin

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Rd 5, is a good example in the end of how alliance value not stagnating over keeping a block together.

But this round has no commonalities with rd 5. This is a situation with 3 blocks, not 2.
Just try and keep convincing us of that..

The similarity to R5 is that one 'coalition' (WTFVE) got a massive advantage over another and then stagnated the round for a long period b4 launching a second - one-sided war for 'the good of the game'. lol

Now as long as NARSWEET is hitting the same targets and is napped then in effect it is simply doing what WTFVE did back then - which resulted in possibly one of the most boring and condemned rounds in PA history!

Maybe NAR will be able to put up more of a challenge to WEET than WP and Ely were able to do to Fury and Legion...but somehow I doubt it.

Unread 28 Mar 2003, 11:14   #30
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Ahriman

You talk about vacation as a unhonourable tactic. I wouldnt call 3-4 waves on 3-4 times smaller planets with almost no roids as much honourable...

I also think that this is a good place to discuss the matters, even if it havent got any inflict. Why would we have this boards if not?

However, the post is good, and opens for discussing instead of flaming

Im used to be bashed, as I usally play on the "rebel" side, which is small and mad Tho I never ever been tih smuch bashed, and hope I never will again. JI am wondering, IF vvomm would get back on top(just IF) would they absh their enemies like they bashed them, or will they do the opposite, which they are now saying r the right thing? Would be funny to find out

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 13:10   #31
Terminator2003

Terminator2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ahriman

Bla bla bla

Let's turn this whole discussion around.

Give us some good reasons as to why NarWeet should *not* split up?

Instead of criticising VoM members, look at yourself.

We all know noone in narweet has the plain guts to break up. It's called FEAR of losing!

Because of a game. C'mon grow up.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 13:27   #32
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Terminator2003
Ahriman

Bla bla bla

Let's turn this whole discussion around.

Give us some good reasons as to why NarWeet should *not* split up?

Instead of criticising VoM members, look at yourself.

We all know noone in narweet has the plain guts to break up. It's called FEAR of losing!

Because of a game. C'mon grow up.
Oh cause we are allied/napped to eachother ?

Why change a winning team?
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 13:30   #33
Wombat
MAdnRisKy

Wombat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion

so you don't run out of targets to keep your top 100 score and top 50 roids?

[/stalk]
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 13:34   #34
Terminator2003

Terminator2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Because you've defeated your enemy and it's time to move on to other challenges?
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 13:48   #35
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Because you've defeated your enemy and it's time to move on to other challenges?
Here is the point, you don't tell us what to do, and the longer you try to, the longer it will be till we do something.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 14:22   #36
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
The problem with the leaders of the powerblocks is that they enjoy winning
if you want to beat the large powerblocks
then create a large powerblock
simple as that really

There are ways for the creators to get rid of powerblocks, but its complicated and confusing, and hard as hell to impliment

Then there are the "cheating" players like the poster above me

Theyre time will come

And change your Signiture theamion you lying little ****
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 14:27   #37
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
The problem with the leaders of the powerblocks is that they enjoy winning
if you want to beat the large powerblocks
then create a large powerblock
simple as that really

There are ways for the creators to get rid of powerblocks, but its complicated and confusing, and hard as hell to impliment

Then there are the "cheating" players like the poster above me

Theyre time will come

And change your Signiture theamion you lying little ****

heh. Annoyed yet ?
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 14:33   #38
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
heh. Annoyed yet ?
no-where near it, just dont think you should have a few things in there thats all, considering what happened in that round
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 14:33   #39
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Re: Ahriman

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas
You talk about vacation as a unhonourable tactic. I wouldnt call 3-4 waves on 3-4 times smaller planets with almost no roids as much honourable...
I said nothing about that waved attacks on small planets being honourable - this isn't a 'compare and contrast' exercise. Only once at the very start have I purposely aqttacked with someone else (a galmate) - yet I frequently land to find others hitting my target... all I mean by this is that there are 'mistakes' that could be misconstrued as 'waves.'

Quote:
I also think that this is a good place to discuss the matters, even if it havent got any inflict. Why would we have this boards if not?
And I am disscussing the possibility that you can't achieve your goals through your posts here

Quote:
I am wondering, IF vvomm would get back on top(just IF) would they absh their enemies like they bashed them, or will they do the opposite, which they are now saying r the right thing? Would be funny to find out
I don't think there's any question that they wouldn't. Just as with the current situation there would be players who don't like it, but that wouldn't affect the nightly raids.

Quote:
Ahriman

Bla bla bla

-snip-
Okay. The reasons that WeeT/Nar should split up in my opinion:
  • Vom are no longer a challenge.
  • It's boring the way it is.
  • I thought the block was too large to begin with, but then I like to see ViruS levelled.
  • Our allies/naps have more roids than Vom, not all of whom I respect.
  • I'd like to leave off a Vom alliance or two, as I respect (some of) them more.
The problem with this is that there will be countless varying opinions on which alliances warrant respect and which do not. It's hardly a base for alliance HC to decide upon.

I have no fear of losing, but alliance HC have a duty to do their best to ensure their alliance doesn't lose - thus guarding their membership. I don't think you can fault them on that. A split will happen, albeit from the inside, for exactly the same reason.

Quite where you pulled the "C'mon grow up" bit from I really don't know, perhaps you're not used to debating through logic instead of petty insults? Better luck next time.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 14:37   #40
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: To those outside WeeT/Nar demanding a split

Quote:
Originally posted by mazzelaar

Rubish!!!

I’m a member of the wining block and I realize that this has gone to far.

We all know the war is over and done with.!

The one thing that you and you’re mates don’t realize is that this round are going down the drain… more people then ever are leaving and will not come back.

First timers and other n00bs are getting wave after wave of incoming – how on earth are you going to keep them here in the future?????? And all this cos you the gready bunch love to hit random gals with 60-100 roids.

This round will go to history as a total fiasco and you my dear Mr will go down right there with it!

I will abandon my planet (top 40) in protest because of this insanity made out of our HC:s – I play this game for fun not to kill it !

I read so much BS in here, by us trying to defend the current situation like we must stay together cos the war isn’t over yet, rubbish.

I can’t take any honour in bashing a gal with a low score into pieces only for the reason it contains some easy roids.

I thought I joined up to play with some 1337 players with good skills and knowledge of the game but I ended up playing with n00bs who take credits in bashing and farming….

P.s I got so many msg from allied members telling me to shut up that I thought for a while I was santa….
MotoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 14:41   #41
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Re: Re: Re: Re: To those outside WeeT/Nar demanding a split

Quote:
Originally posted by MotoX
Rubish!!!

I’m a member of the wining block and I realize that this has gone to far.

We all know the war is over and done with.!

The one thing that you and you’re mates don’t realize is that this round are going down the drain… more people then ever are leaving and will not come back.

First timers and other n00bs are getting wave after wave of incoming – how on earth are you going to keep them here in the future?????? And all this cos you the gready bunch love to hit random gals with 60-100 roids.

This round will go to history as a total fiasco and you my dear Mr will go down right there with it!

I will abandon my planet (top 40) in protest because of this insanity made out of our HC:s – I play this game for fun not to kill it !

I read so much BS in here, by us trying to defend the current situation like we must stay together cos the war isn’t over yet, rubbish.

I can’t take any honour in bashing a gal with a low score into pieces only for the reason it contains some easy roids.

I thought I joined up to play with some 1337 players with good skills and knowledge of the game but I ended up playing with n00bs who take credits in bashing and farming….

P.s I got so many msg from allied members telling me to shut up that I thought for a while I was santa….
Wouldn't want you being forced to delete it now, would we? While I don't forsee myself abandoning my planet at any time soon, I do agree with your sentiment.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 14:44   #42
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
no-where near it, just dont think you should have a few things in there thats all, considering what happened in that round
R8 when i took over a planet ?
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 15:00   #43
Ston3D
Murderous Plush

Ston3D is an unknown quantity at this point
Well i think its not mistakes that u have multiple attackers. Me little 190 roids 1,5mil planet had 5 4-5mil planets split up in 2 waves on me. Thats really honourable.

r4: 165:18 - IMMO
r5: 19:2
r6: 34:3 - Titans
r7: 29:15:7 - Titans
r8: 8:4:1(?) - Titans / Plush
r9: 26:6:4 - Olympians
r10 38:6:5 - Olympians
Ston3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 15:02   #44
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Ston3D
Well i think its not mistakes that u have multiple attackers. Me little 190 roids 1,5mil planet had 5 4-5mil planets split up in 2 waves on me. Thats really honourable.
Replace 190 roids with 60-100 roids and you have the situation I've seen people fighting all round.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 15:15   #45
Hardin

Re: Re: Re: Defectors

Quote:
lol, i wonder who sent shippies to you. I had a harder time back then, peaked a 3k roids and then down to 300 or so.

But anyhow, let me entrust to you: there's evil forces at work in Eclipse ! So the new plan is: securing some more roids from Hardin's place. Building fleets, checking for 72h notifications (do some intel work meanwhile, please !).

And when it all starts, we'll fly side by side again (First missions must be flak for Hardin ofc)
Mighty kind of yah!

Unread 28 Mar 2003, 16:15   #46
§pa¢e¢ook¦e
Teh Legion. Urwinism

§pa¢e¢ook¦e can only hope to improve
i dont see peepz that go into vac mode as cowards, you dont know whats going on in those gals so i think you are not the one deciding it to be cowardless/dishonourable/whatever, to those ppl who quited well i wouldnt call them that either or judge them like that, officers/players that defect .. BAH ! .. just for the fact they have info bout your alliance they give away, its like a bar fight with your friends gainst an enemy and at a point turn there back on you and even maybe fight against you ;o, anyway i've played a few rounds where i've been roided often but never was it so boring in the 400 ticks as atm, i surely dont want to complain i mean im still 'playing'., i could quote someone on 'compete' and 'challanging' from what i have seen i would hardly call that any of those 2 . And mazzelaar who are you to say who can or cannot post on these boards whine or not whine everyone can say his thing or did he offend you ?
§pa¢e¢ook¦e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 16:44   #47
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts
The thing our side refuse to take in is that this kind of “behaviour/play” hurt us more then it benefits us!

We can brag about how big we won but we can’t get those players who left back!

Let this round be fun for everyone and show the community how great this game really can be instead of killing it of by hunting everyone off.
From start “everyone” said: let this round out, we still waiting for the “big” round 10

We all gone remember the “evil” Furgion, Xeta etc but this round gone go to history as the one who killed or at least gave PA a step or 2 back…..

I lived with this game for a long time and had many hard and lovely times but this time it’s too much….

And all because of a few egos who cant live without winning a round of PA = sad, very sad.
MotoX is offline   Reply With Quote