User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Mar 2003, 19:21   #1
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
NAR or WEET?

VVOMM arn't dead. Yet. Over the course of the next few weeks they shall get closer and closer to becoming 'dead', but they certainly won't die, because you can't blow up planets.

Let's petend in a few weeks NAR and WEET are truely dominating, they realise how totally pathetic the round is and how equally pathetic it would be to claim victory as NARWEET. They start attacking each other's galaxy 'by accident'. They both really want to split, but arn't sure how to do it fairly or how it might change their round.

Eventually it happens, one of them finds an excuse and they goto war. Notice, VVOMM still arn't dead (see round 6 history regarding FLTV and the whole 'NOT DEAD' thing). What side are VVOMM going to pick?

I think I could hazard a good guess. How much influence will they then have on who wins? Will FAnG and Zenith and other alliances remain neutral or pick a side?

So to you NARWEET guys who are so sure you're going to win, I don't think you're all going to. Of course, those amongst you with half a brain will have known this from the start of the round.

Personally I can't wait, it should be fun.

This is of course the view of a neutral player in a neutral galaxy who has no power over such happenings. I don't expect any HC of the above mentioned blocks to post here, nor do I expect them to pay attention to, nor care what, my opinion is on the matter. You control your own alliances. You control your own blocks. Actions speak louder than words. Your actions in the following weeks/days will have a massive factor in who walks away as victors.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 19:24   #2
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Best course of action would be for the strongest alliance in narweet to find eachother, make a secret deal and win the round.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 19:24   #3
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

And if you take this thread as a moan, you're an idiot.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 24 Mar 2003, 19:27   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
Best course of action would be for the strongest alliance in narweet to find eachother, make a secret deal and win the round.

NoS and Eclipse?

As a pure hypothetical if Fang and Zenith teamed up with VOM they'd certainly play a major role in the endgame.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 19:38   #5
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
well it all depends i know several alliances are already planning the next stage and its not what you think. (/me waves to maddix)

and if I were vvomm HC I would probably side against the stronger block thus i would probably side with weet, due to them having a relevetively smaller memberbase which means more possible targets as well as an easier enemy to destroy at the end simply because rah and nos are in better shape than most of the current alliances in the block and they are on the same side, it all depends wether rah have the balls to stand with there block or go to weet.

tbh i think it will be very interresting to see what happens if vvomm play there cards right they could make a dramatic comeback, tbh if they dont this round will be very boring.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 19:44   #6
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
NoS and Eclipse?
Not going to happen.

It reminds me of r6 where people believed that Deus were going to ally with Xanadu/Ely to create an unstoppable group of top alliances. Instead, we stuck to our agreements and still wound up with our side winning
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 19:48   #7
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
well it all depends i know several alliances are already planning the next stage and its not what you think. (/me waves to maddix)

and if I were vvomm HC I would probably side against the stronger block thus i would probably side with weet, due to them having a relevetively smaller memberbase which means more possible targets as well as an easier enemy to destroy at the end simply because rah and nos are in better shape than most of the current alliances in the block and they are on the same side, it all depends wether rah have the balls to stand with there block or go to weet.

tbh i think it will be very interresting to see what happens if vvomm play there cards right they could make a dramatic comeback, tbh if they dont this round will be very boring.
Considering how early it is in the round a comeback from vom should be fairly easy.

Its good to see someone other than me thinking that Nar are being way underestimated.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 19:50   #8
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
my opinion is rah and eclipse and one other group will buddy up to start the initial action and the remnants of the vom side will assist in which ever is the opposite side to eclipse.

In r6 I do believe the deus side beat the xeta side by 1 day to reach a nap with fltv as I recall our HC discussing naps with xeta as xeta came to our HC wanting one badly.

This is definatly nothing like r6 very different but like all rounds this one does have similar political situations.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 19:52   #9
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
as long as WP don't win..

can't have the alliance i spy on winning a round
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 19:55   #10
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada

YOU ARE TEH UBER!!!!!1111111111122
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:02   #11
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
YOU ARE TEH UBER!!!!!1111111111122
apparently so

you hc guys haven't found me since i joined in r6
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:05   #12
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NAR or WEET?

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
This is of course the view of a neutral player
I'm sorry to inform you that the 'neutral' players don't exist. Hope I didn't burst your bubble.

Jester
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:06   #13
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Re: Re: NAR or WEET?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jester
I'm sorry to inform you that the 'neutral' players don't exist. Hope I didn't burst your bubble.

Jester
sorry to burst yours, but 31:3 is 100% neutral..
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:10   #14
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:

Jester
Again, it's down to how it's defined. We are as neutral as you can get. The only hostile action most of my gal has taken all round is destroying enemy fleets who've attack us.

Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:16   #15
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Jester
I at least know two absolutely neutral players. Regarding ofc any "political" situation.
Ofc they are not neutral towards anything in their lifes. Just if you would come up with that point.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:19   #16
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
I'd bet on VVOMM siding with whomever is fighting Eclipse.

Of course, if it was up to me, I'd attack both sides.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:21   #17
lrytas
[LDK] Head

lrytas is an unknown quantity at this point
Eclipse + RaH + ? would be mine own opinion. Wp/Ely will have red screens soon i believe
________
Fg falcon

Last edited by lrytas; 26 Feb 2011 at 19:21.
lrytas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:27   #18
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Faberius is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Although I've never quite agreed with the "We're playing for our amusement not yours," line, don't expect us to be handing Vom trump cards any time soon
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:27   #19
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Axis_WLF
my opinion is rah and eclipse and one other group will buddy up to start the initial action and the remnants of the vom side will assist in which ever is the opposite side to eclipse.
When I said this a few times this round and earlier today an eclipse HC and a RaH HC reacted on it telling me how ridiculous I am and how I'm making things up. You might watch out for Focht or Petru to set you straight very soon...

They 'convinced' me, will they 'convince' you !

hAl
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:32   #20
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Re: NAR or WEET?

Quote:
VVOMM arn't dead. Yet. Over the course of the next few weeks they shall get closer and closer to becoming 'dead', but they certainly won't die, because you can't blow up planets.

Let's pretend in a few weeks NAR and WEET are truely dominating,
Really, you need more domination than this ???? You must be mad. vvomm might not be dead but they are well and trully beaten already. Mayby a few fencesitting gals ofvvomm have survied and get beck up the rankings in top 50 even but vvomm is beaten already and will in no way win this round what ever happens and even if WEET/NAR went to war this very evening.

hAl
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:37   #21
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by lrytas
Wp/Ely will have red screens soon i believe
I hope so.

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
vvomm is beaten already and will in no way win this round what ever happens and even if WEET/NAR went to war this very evening.
I'm sot sure whether you believe this or whether you're just saying it, but either way it's incorrect. If it happened this very evening then VVOMM could easily recover enough to win.

Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:43   #22
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't care whether they are losing of winning after they split, but i will attack "The great empires", whichever alliance they belong to.
They have got meh roids, and i have good memory.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 21:13   #23
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
I was actually hoping wed see a complete block shuffle. With every alliance just going somewhere new. That would be really interesting. But I dont see Focht going against his statement that Eclipse will never backstab its allies. So unless wp or ely decide to break, I dont see Weet going anywhere. I suppose they very well could though. There still should be some movement though. Weet vs Nar/Vom wouldnt be any fairer a fight than this one I dont think.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 21:21   #24
fiddler123b
vacation-monkey

fiddler123b is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
apparently so

dont you need another planet to do this properly?

maybe this is how the most spied upon alliances win :eek:
fiddler123b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 21:27   #25
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
vvomm is not dead.
they are undead!

scary! :eek:
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 21:28   #26
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Weet vs Nar/Vom wouldnt be any fairer a fight than this one I dont think.
* CHA CHING *

Unread 24 Mar 2003, 22:05   #27
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Weet vs Nar/Vom wouldnt be any fairer a fight than this one I dont think.
Oh yes it would, since weet does have quite a advantage ni both score and roids over vvomm, so id say it wud make a very nice fight =)
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 22:11   #28
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx
Oh yes it would, since weet does have quite a advantage ni both score and roids over vvomm, so id say it wud make a very nice fight =)
But it wouldnt have an advantage in roids and score over nar and vom together.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 22:13   #29
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Quote:
Originally posted by fiddler123b
dont you need another planet to do this properly?

maybe this is how the most spied upon alliances win :eek:
nope you just come to an arrangement for a noob to do a bit of work in return for some protection...
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 22:29   #30
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
But it wouldnt have an advantage in roids and score over nar and vom together.
guess ya gotta prove u can do what vvomm couldnt then

P.S You cant have everything hihihi
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 22:30   #31
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The possibility of a come-back for anyside which is being beaten has very little to do with roids or ships. It's to do with attitude.

Admittedly I'm "neutral" (as far as that goes anywhere, which isn't far) and not privy to information, but merely the way people on these boards is some kind of insight into what's going on.

Granted, these boards are generally patrolled by muppets, but I seem to remember in R4 or R6 that even in their "darkest" hours there'd be some sort of pro-Fury/Legion muppet claiming they hadn't lost, talking up their chances, etc. I don't see that from VVOM here.

Admittedly this might just mean they don't have K-W or Zh|l in their ranks.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 22:31   #32
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx
guess ya gotta prove u can do what vvomm couldnt then

P.S You cant have everything hihihi
I guess.

But as far as I could tell I thought people wanted a good war.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 22:31   #33
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
tbh from what i hear, none of the blocks are willing to work with virus, it had been rumoured that nar refused on grounds revolving around that, might be interresting to see if virus get booted out so that the rest of there block can survive.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 22:32   #34
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold
Heh.. think I have to disagree on the not dead thingy.
Round 6 and round 9 is interelly different.
VVoMM faced much worse odds and lost the war far earlier then furgion did in round 6. I'd say it is more a round 5 we are looking at. NoCeX was of little use when Furgion finally backstabbed their allies. And if as u say a couple weeks pass.. They won't be much to count on either. of course if something happened now, they could be of some importance.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 22:35   #35
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
Not going to happen.

It reminds me of r6 where people believed that Deus were going to ally with Xanadu/Ely to create an unstoppable group of top alliances. Instead, we stuck to our agreements and still wound up with our side winning
Was some paranoia in that fos block...
Deus belived WP/NoS/Cell would go to XeTa..
WP/NoS/Cell belived Deus was going to XeTa.
Weird..
[1up]
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 22:37   #36
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:

In r6 I do believe the deus side beat the xeta side by 1 day to reach a nap with fltv as I recall our HC discussing naps with xeta as xeta came to our HC wanting one badly.

This is definatly nothing like r6 very different but like all rounds this one does have similar political situations.
Think there was sertain Xanadu HC's who didn't want to nap Furgion. So delayed stuff.. A long time, but I vagly remember some quotes..
[1up]
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:15   #37
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
Ya storebo think your right about the stall but I cannot remember the Xan HC who stalled it but I do remember that part now. as the rest were pretty eager for a nap.

Just saying from my opinion it would look like Eclipse and Rah would be headed towards that direction. The odds this round are incredibly different I have gotten many PMs from some weet peeps <not nar just weet peeps> saying how they are not having any fun cause of the numbers and not one of them gloated or anything they were honestly saying it. We will either see Rah and eclipse join up or we will see NEW alliance emerge from within nar/weet and that wouldnt be a violation of any nap simply a split from within and formation of something new.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 23:50   #38
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Storebo
Was some paranoia in that fos block...
Deus belived WP/NoS/Cell would go to XeTa..
WP/NoS/Cell belived Deus was going to XeTa.
Weird..
(Un)fortunately, we were right and they were wrong :\

Well, semi-right, as they never actually DID, but came pretty close to it.

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 00:08   #39
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Ya storebo think your right about the stall but I cannot remember the Xan HC who stalled it but I do remember that part now. as the rest were pretty eager for a nap.

Just saying from my opinion it would look like Eclipse and Rah would be headed towards that direction. The odds this round are incredibly different I have gotten many PMs from some weet peeps <not nar just weet peeps> saying how they are not having any fun cause of the numbers and not one of them gloated or anything they were honestly saying it. We will either see Rah and eclipse join up or we will see NEW alliance emerge from within nar/weet and that wouldnt be a violation of any nap simply a split from within and formation of something new.
Dealing with your first piece:

The "Race" to the NAP for FLTTV - Irrelevant in this context. There was no race to get a NAP. 1 day made no difference in the grande scheme of things. FoS as a block was much easier to defeat than Xeta was. Xeta stood a very good chance of steamrolling FoS - having FLTTV on their side would have let that happen quicker and not given FLTTV the time it needed to recoup its losses. I really dont buy that Fury would have worked with Xeta in r6 if they had proposed an agreement earlier. Sid knew very well that FoS/Xeta would break and he had already picked the side to join in on - FoS. It achieved his objectives, Xeta wouldnt. So unless Legion had split off to help Xeta (which again I doubt) your example is totally irrelevant as it is for this round.

Your second part. Interesting how you grow so blind from the past. Wasnt there Fury and Legion members who said the same? Yet things stayed as is between the both. The new alliance idea seems just that - an idea youve created to spur something on. Seems totally unlikely to me. Although I am interested in hearing all these bets that it is Eclipse that will start the ball rolling.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 00:29   #40
Denniz
Angelus Mortis

Denniz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
apparently so

Quote:

How did u feel in r6 when they had a shared 'victory' ?
Wolfpack has some nice high ranked gals and high ranked planets atm, from what i can see.
So they could do it again
r5 - 15:24:8 - Angelus Mortis of Mortem Expetere LuX/Wolfpack
r6 - 27:20:6 - Ignotus Milites of Non Omnis Moriar Wolfpack
r7 - 8:13:8 - Periculum In Mora of Aurora Musis Amica Wolfpack / allianceless / SnugglehBunnies
r8 - 22:5:4 Est quaedam flere voluptas of Hinc illae lacrimae Adelante / Fury / SnugglehBunnies
wc 1 - xx:yy:zz - ^Nuda veritas of Mirabile dictu^
wc 2 - 3:13:9 - Nox of Omnis una manet nox
r9 - 37:2:8 Nomen est omen of Somnium verum evadit Eclipse / SnugglehBunnies
r9.5 23:2:1 Multos timere debet of quem multi timent Elysium / SnugglehBunnies
Denniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 00:31   #41
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

What side we were going to take in round 6 was about as obvious as what side VVOMM will take this round, given half the chance.

Unread 25 Mar 2003, 00:46   #42
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Scouse, we will first get to the stage of 'planethunting' and 'multiwaving' the still living VoM top galaxies.

After that we will get about a week of stagnation. So 3 weeks, then the new war will start, 1 week till all deals are sealed (most are already).

Eclipse said they wouldn't backstab, I asume that RaH won't either.

So unless they are all making a post where they formally announce that the alliance and NAP's are over, and maybe new alliance and NAP's are made and that galaxies will have to chose side, or that planetnap's will actually occur. This would be politically, if you want to avoid 'post-round backfire' (lo Olympians), the best move.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 00:58   #43
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
I guess.

Hrm, obviously Weenar didn't
And I thought you already stated that Eclipse wanted to win at all costs?
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 02:02   #44
Stress
Resurected

Stress can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Dealing with your first piece:

So unless Legion had split off to help Xeta (which again I doubt) your example is totally irrelevant as it is for this round.

ive got a really bad memory but i think that was thought of in Xeta for a while, elysium where not in anny way willing to work with legion in R6 tho.
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 02:13   #45
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: NAR or WEET?

Quote:
sorry to burst yours, but 31:3 is 100% neutral..
Perhaps in actual membership, but not in persuation. Claiming neutrality is silly.

Will VoM want to work with alliances that let in their cowardly piece of **** defectors? I wouldn't. Anyway, Scouse clearly started this thread because he knows we're going to win and he just wanted to make the other silly alliances squabble to win with us.

GUESS WHAT SCOUSE?! WE DON'T HAVE SILLY ALLIES!

Extra note: RaH are far sexier than NoS scummers.

Extra extra note: I wonder how many misinterpretations of this post are possible.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 03:06   #46
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Sorry, me and plans don't mix

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 03:43   #47
[7]Gunn3r

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
I guess.

This is without doubt the most ironic thing I've ever heard in 7 rounds of PA career.

Especially coming from someone that was executive in alliance that totally screwed off the odds in r3,r5 and arguably r7(I don't consider it as a outnumber personally) r9.

If you don't consider Eclipse as Fury then it's arguable, anyway, I would tend to believe your at least a member in Eclipse.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 04:38   #48
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
Hrm, obviously Weenar didn't
And I thought you already stated that Eclipse wanted to win at all costs?
Well, weenar doesnt exist. I cant speak for what any of them wanted as I hadnt joined any alliances at that point.

I never stated that. Read more closely pls.

Quote:
Originally posted by [7]Gunn3r
This is without doubt the most ironic thing I've ever heard in 7 rounds of PA career.

Especially coming from someone that was executive in alliance that totally screwed off the odds in r3,r5 and arguably r7(I don't consider it as a outnumber personally) r9.

If you don't consider Eclipse as Fury then it's arguable, anyway, I would tend to believe your at least a member in Eclipse.
How exactly is it ironic? Maybe youd have a point if I said that I wanted a fun war.... but you actually wouldnt. I do want a fun war, and ive said nothing that contradicts that.

Everyone is making a very big deal about how this war is not fun and that is a travesty, so when someone suggests that they want nar and vom to make an equally lopsided war on eclipse dont they deserve the same criticism? Or is everyone here hypocrites?

Btw, I was a peon in Fury in R3, and only an officer in R5, so I had absolutely nothing to do with any of Furies decisions. Though i will disagree that rd 5 was purposful domination. Rd 3 I think was, but that was a different time. One where we didnt really know exactly what blocking would do to the game.

I am in eclipse in and advisory role. I was however discussing the general sentiment on the boards, not my own, so your irony is I thinnk misplaced.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 05:28   #49
[7]Gunn3r

I was refering in the alliance you were once executive - didn't really said you were executive in those round.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 10:01   #50
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
I'm sot sure whether you believe this or whether you're just saying it, but either way it's incorrect. If it happened this very evening then VVOMM could easily recover enough to win.
Nope, they can't. If weet/naar split up some how at this very moment vvomm has decent chances to pass the losing side in such a war but not the winner from such a war.

hAl