User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Mar 2003, 08:25   #1
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
Delete 1:1

Yes its true they are breaking the rules.

Back in rund 4 when there was some controversy about a certain multi-hunter also playing crew decided to implement the rule that hunters couldnt have a planet and hence the best hunter of them all GoLdEnEyE had to stop. Goldeneye was above reproach and fair but a certain crew member to him he couldnt have a planet and delete accounts as there was a new rule preventing that.

Another percieved problem has been Spinners excellent scanning average over the round. Now he may not have used tools and given himself extra amps so he had bragging rights about being #1 in PA but he certainly had another round of exta-ordinary success with them in round8 ... again. The only way to prevent the accusation he is cheating is to delete him now.

Also we are aware of despite all the bragging about the new game being ready and showcasing at i15 it ofc wont eventuate as the have some "coding problems". One can wonder if they have even started the coding and should put all their paid hours into working rather than playing.

Also how do we know they arent in an alliance under a fake nick. Round 7 showed a bias in their deletions and one could be excused for thinking they were puppets of these people ... some of which are playing again.

So in all fairness they should delete before ticks start and let the people who paid play rather than the ones being paid to ensure the round goes smoothly and that rnd10 is delivered ontime and as good as they promise.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 09:55   #2
StreeTMouseY
Critter Extraordinare

StreeTMouseY is an unknown quantity at this point
I kindda doubt that Spinner and the rest would throw away the trust and respect of the community in order to gain some amps or a few more roids.

And even if they are cheating, IMO they r in title too. If in r4 or r5 all the legions and fury HC would go into the same galaxy with their real nicks and announce that on the forums i would allow them to cheat too.

I think you should concentrate on your game couse i really doubt creators can spoil it for you.

MouseH

R3 - StreeTMouse of TheBigCheese - N00b
R4 - MiMiC of Terra Mistica - Legion
R5 - Mouse fatalle of CheeseLand -Xanadu
R6 - State of Mind - Critters, Legion
R7 - Property of |Queen-Doris| - Critters
R8 - Expect company of Hidden Hostile ships - Critters & OuZo (o)
StreeTMouseY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 10:01   #3
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Fred ...

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 11:01   #4
m_bergs

I hope he's pulling our legs
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 11:01   #5
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Sorry to be a bit GDesque and all, but .... old!
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 14:46   #6
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough
Fred, you are kidding right?
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 14:50   #7
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
/me wonders about Zeus' coords for the first time...
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 14:58   #8
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
/me wonders about Zeus' coords for the first time...
Wonder all you want, Im not telling
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 16:03   #9
Prince
Free!

Prince is an unknown quantity at this point
lol
I think most people would agree
Spinner knows alot about PA
I'd be the first to agree the person who wrote the formula for roid scanning would be the best person to scan for roids
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 16:18   #10
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
you would say that, you're a creator
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 16:47   #11
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Prince
lol
I think most people would agree
Spinner knows alot about PA
I'd be the first to agree the person who wrote the formula for roid scanning would be the best person to scan for roids
once we step out of protection ill bet ya alot of dineros on that i will have more roids
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 18:02   #12
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Post fyi

since i'm an admin this round, i have no playing planet and have voluntarily left my alliance, even though i have no access to resources/ships/scans. I felt this was necessary mainly because nobody seems to trust any of the admins and blind accusations of cheating almost always come up, sadly.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 18:05   #13
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Fred, stop being bitter. You got caught, deal with it. Go back to your happy place where DTA rules the world and forget this game.

Ω
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 18:47   #14
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: fyi

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
since i'm an admin this round, i have no playing planet and have voluntarily left my alliance, even though i have no access to resources/ships/scans. I felt this was necessary mainly because nobody seems to trust any of the admins and blind accusations of cheating almost always come up, sadly.
Good for you Mushie, setting the example we talked about

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 20:21   #15
Moondoggie
Ancient Ensign

Moondoggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Lame.......
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 20:57   #16
Radium-^
Professional Troll

Radium-^ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoSquirrel
Fred, stop being bitter. You got caught, deal with it. Go back to your happy place where DTA rules the world and forget this game.
On the Internet, a troll is a person who posts messages that create controversy or an angry response without adding content to the discussion, often intentionally. Though technically different from flaming which is an unmistakable direct personal attack, trolls often resort to innuendo or misdirection in the pursuit of their objective, which is to create controversy for its own sake, discredit those with whom they disagree, or sabotage discussion by creating an intimidating atmosphere.
Radium-^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 21:02   #17
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
*sigh*
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 21:57   #18
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
Actually Im entitled to my opinion. As to Alby saying Im bitter perhaps the most bitter thing about Spinner is when 5th season went belly up and people were left out in the cold spinner went awol and only Zues and Fudge endeavoured to keep the community informed. Once the game was bought we got spinner back doing his backward smilies like he was part of the community.

Mushroom has my respect for not having a planet but there is no possible justification for spinner having a planet as he is supposed to be working and geting that coding done for rnd10 like it was promised. Every round has had its delays and apart from round2 I cant remember a round starting ontime... perhaps if he worked and not played it would get done.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 22:38   #19
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Fred of Bedrock
Actually Im entitled to my opinion. As to Alby saying Im bitter perhaps the most bitter thing about Spinner is when 5th season went belly up and people were left out in the cold spinner went awol and only Zues and Fudge endeavoured to keep the community informed. Once the game was bought we got spinner back doing his backward smilies like he was part of the community.

Mushroom has my respect for not having a planet but there is no possible justification for spinner having a planet as he is supposed to be working and geting that coding done for rnd10 like it was promised. Every round has had its delays and apart from round2 I cant remember a round starting ontime... perhaps if he worked and not played it would get done.
Maybe if you actually knew what was going on, you'd be less bitter.

By the way, Spinner isn't a coder.

Ω
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 22:46   #20
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
if he doesnt code then what does he do?
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 23:00   #21
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
if he doesnt code then what does he do?
He does code, but he's the main liaison with the main guys at Jolt too, so he and Prince are the messengers of the lot, while Kloopy and Fudge are the main coders.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 23:02   #22
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Spinner did just fk off when things went pear shaped and I've not seen him do much since.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 23:20   #23
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Spinner did just fk off when things went pear shaped and I've not seen him do much since.
You may not have seen him, but he's been there

George Bernard Shaw
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 03:16   #24
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Im going to delete the threads on GD of everyone who attacks my planet

HONEST I AM COS IM A POWERTRIPPY OP ABUS0R!!!!!!!1111112

(anyone dumb enough to believe this deserves shooting , twice , in the face , etc etc).
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 03:17   #25
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Do you realise ive not seen you log into ICQ since Round 6?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 03:21   #26
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Im going to delete the threads on GD of everyone who attacks my planet
Hey, it works for PD.
Quote:
(anyone dumb enough to believe this deserves shooting , twice , in the face , etc etc).
I'm not sure if I hope you're talking about bullets :/
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 03:33   #27
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Isn't the presence of 1:1, especially when clusters only have 10 galaxies, a crippling blow to C1A?
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 03:39   #28
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ahriman
Isn't the presence of 1:1, especially when clusters only have 10 galaxies, a crippling blow to C1A?
Well, there are parallels as well. Besides, cluster alliances never tend to include all 10 galaxies, as there's bound to be inactive galaxies.

Although I do agree that placing the 1:1 galaxy outside of the regular game, as in 0:0, for example, would not be such a bad idea. The galaxy is there mostly for the purpose of having a contact point, not for serious play.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 03:44   #29
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Im sorry, but your not really making that much sense

come again?
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 11:59   #30
inSain

ahh..
/me is tired of this stupid threads!

Almost everyone whine about how much spinner, and the rest of the PA crew sucks, etc.. come one guys? grow up ffs!

They are the creators of this game, be fcking happy that they are doing EXACTLY what they have/are doing...

I think PA is the best online game ever made, and I doubt there will be any better. just look at the PA-rippoffs, they all suck

stop giving them a hard time, and start thanking them

THANK YOU ALL !! hehe \o
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 15:01   #31
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
The galaxy is there mostly for the purpose of having a contact point, not for serious play.
Contact point it is indeed, but could people please stop sending us PA mails asking to have roids/res/con/names reset, as i personally can't but it's not going to happen anyway

George Bernard Shaw
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 10:31   #32
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Survivors will also be Shot!!!
Nasty Fred....
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 19:28   #33
Xerxez
CINC O-holt

Xerxez is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Prince

<snip>
damn.. wish I'd designed one of the machines drawing the lottery-numbers :/
r3: [155:17:9] Xerxez of O-holt [none]
r4: [237:8:3] Hannibal Barca of Carthaginian Prime [none]
r5: [33:13:3] Kublai Khan of the Yuan dynasty [Ooooomph!/VtS]
r6: [10:9:4] - Scott Summers - of - Cyclops - [VtS]
r7-: [retired]
Xerxez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 22:23   #34
Zitos
vole vo koshe avec moi?

Zitos is an unknown quantity at this point
Xerxez - good point..
Prince - your an n, to the o, to the o, to the bany..

Any way..
Why would you care about people such as Spinner and his planet? Who cares if he is having a multi planet, to scan with, or send with, or what so ever.. Who cares if he playes, or dont play? He will never end up first, second or third any way.. He is ironicaly enaugh of no importance for the 'game' - he is just running it..

..zits
round 3 :: 037:20 -- [trg] "judge dean of zitoz"
round 4 :: 236:17 -- [trg] [reborn] "gambler zitoz of deaths casino"
round 5 :: 025:20 -- [trg] [t&p] "superthief of stolen roids"
round 7 :: 015:07 -- [trg] [t&p] "superthief of ldkbots"
round 8 :: 028:07 -- [trg] [nfu] "i am tired of this"
round 9 :: 049:09 -- [wolves] [attitude] "i couldnt think of a fancy planet and ruler name"
Zitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 10:47   #35
jleedham

jleedham is on a distinguished road
what a dick

man what a dick,

first of all having 1:1:1 or whatever it is makes no differance as the 1:1 gal is never actually playerd, hence the reason it generally still only has 3 roids at the end of the round, it is purley a contact galaxy.

secondly, why shouldnt spinner and the other creators/staff play the game that they put together, if they cant get any enjoyment out of there creation is there really any point in them continuing to create!

and whilst u sitting there bithching that mayB they should be working instead of playing, many of the people who play Pa also have jobs and bizzarly enuf manage to do both as i am sure that spinner and the other staff manage to do the same thing. not to mention the fact that for at leat the first 4/5 rounds none of the staff where paid at all and yet still continued to run this game for our benifit!

Jsar

Have You Growled At The Badger Recently?
jleedham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 13:11   #36
EasyRoider

lmao at Fred.

Is this your first round?
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 23:41   #37
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by EasyRoider
lmao at Fred.

Fred of Bedrock
Lieutenant Junior Grade

With a reg date like that im guessin that this is his first round
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 00:56   #38
Fudge

Fudge is an unknown quantity at this point
1:1 was a normal galaxy the first rounds, and each of us had a normal planet somewhere random in the universe.

But, since people are too lazy to type anything other than 1:1 when they need to get rid of their fleet fast, 1:1 was the worst galaxy to have from a players perspective. So, we took it over to use as a contact point for ingame support, and make our presence a bit more visible.
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 06:41   #39
Saitam
Tribologist

Saitam is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
Contact point it is indeed, but could people please stop sending us PA mails asking to have roids/res/con/names reset, as i personally can't but it's not going to happen anyway
Didn't you say earlier in this thread that you did not have a planet .

Someone up there asked what spinner does, he is prolly their main bug finder, as we all know how good he is at tweakings
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 16:49   #40
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by EasyRoider
lmao at Fred.

at first i mistook that for sarcasm, then i realised he was being serious :/

made my day

secondly, on the subject .. when will u all realise Fred is just bored? first cavemen, now this .. heh .. keeps me amused at least, though ppls reactions are the truely amusing part
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 17:09   #41
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Quote:
Originally posted by Saitam
Didn't you say earlier in this thread that you did not have a planet .
I said i don't have a planet other than my 1:1 account

George Bernard Shaw
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 21:39   #42
beefeb
General dogsbody

beefeb is an unknown quantity at this point
A point I found amusing was the comment that shouldnt Spinner be doing his job elsewhere rather than playing Pa.

If that were the case how many of us would be doing our real jobs/college/school work, rather than playing this game?

New planet/ruler name combo, doleman of UB40!

but then I couldnt afford to p2p.
beefeb is offline   Reply With Quote