User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 8 Mar 2003, 01:08   #101
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Objective look at alliance positions going into R9

Quote:
Originally posted by Illusions
RaH - is a small ally with some very elite players and a few good HC. I am not sure what impact they have on the wider scene as they are so small and I believe there have been internal problems!
I would hardly class RaH as small...and as for internal problems....wtf? Obviously your intel source is pretty bad.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kileman
Legion lost any R7 bragging rights when there top planet and HC got deleted in the last week. As well of the fall of DTA from the top gal ranks.
You now judge an entire alliance on the actions of one person? I thought better of you.

The "fall of DTA" (I assume you mean 15:19) was almost entirely attributed to the loss of the aforementioned player and if I recall still finished above your galaxy did they not?

The fact that the top 2 galaxies both had Legion GCs and contained a just as many Legion members as any other alliance gives Legion as much "bragging rights", if not more, than anyone else.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 01:12   #102
Maddix
Imposter?

Re: Re: Objective look at alliance positions going into R9

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
I am such a goddamn nitpicker, but here goes.

Fury was the soley aknowledged winner of the round. The number two allaince was Virus. (considering how much crap we took for it, I reserve the right to brag.)
I refere you to my above post regarding the top 2 galaxies....

(Assuming you are not trying to be funny ofc )

Unread 8 Mar 2003, 02:35   #103
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold
My stomach hurts, Maddix.

Does that count as an internal problem?

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 05:41   #104
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Originally posted by Shev
My stomach hurts, Maddix.

Does that count as an internal problem?
Ah maybe he caught wing (harhar) of that

Unread 8 Mar 2003, 10:31   #105
Caledan
ROCK - Now and Forever

Caledan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by RexDrax

Most certainly. I drop by once in a while in #rock to see if anyone I know from way back when is still in ROCK, unfortunatly it does happen very often that I see someone I know. Too bad TGO, TDO and the rest arent kicking around anymore .
A few 'old' members are playing again. We managed to grap a handful and persuade them to play again.

Quote:

Whats intresting is the fact that hirr, IPC and Rock, plus some other smaller alliances, have not really made any (public?) moves. I think they are the ones that will ultimatly be the kingmakers, and if they play their cards right actually take over. Not necessarily dominate, but at least get topspot.
I can't speak for hirr or IPC here, but maybe they are, as ROCK, just careful about what they say. Ofc Rock has made 'moves', but not public ones.
We all have seen what such 'moves' like the announcement of a small group of alliances playing (VOM) together can make out the siuuation. Don't starting to say what could have been if...

As long everyone is unsure about ROCK is about too, we at least cannot been seen as a threat, an alliance to be suck up into some major blocks or as an easy roiding target.
Let's start the round and see what we can achieve.

Quote:

I am hoping for a nice long fun war.
Rock will try to do as much as they can to achieve this aim. Evene if our possibilities might turn out to be limited.

All have fun in R9
He who dares, Wins!
Caledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 13:25   #106
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: Objective look at alliance positions going into R9

Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix

You now judge an entire alliance on the actions of one person? I thought better of you.

The "fall of DTA" (I assume you mean 15:19) was almost entirely attributed to the loss of the aforementioned player and if I recall still finished above your galaxy did they not?

The fact that the top 2 galaxies both had Legion GCs and contained a just as many Legion members as any other alliance gives Legion as much "bragging rights", if not more, than anyone else.
Legions top planet moved from #2 to #3 (and rank #7 respectively - aga) after the deletion. Whereas Fury was #1,2,6,11,12,14,15,17,18

15:19 (the "Legion gal") was also 1 rank behind 23:23 (a "Fury" gal).

Whereas 12:13 (rank #2) was considered a "Fury gal", 7:13 (rank #3) a "Virus gal" and yours a "mixed Furgion" gal.

But I think at the time it was pretty much summed up as Fury being the "winner" of the round, as we had the largest proportion of the top rankings. And amazingly enough the #1 planet .

And you of all people should know that being "GC" of a gal doesnt mean squat, as far as im concerned (and always will be) its just a 10% bonus mechanism (unless your gal is incompetent and unable to "lead" itself)

;D

*hugs maddy baby*
________
DISPENSARIES

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:42.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 18:33   #107
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: Objective look at alliance positions going into R9

Quote:
I would hardly class RaH as small...and as for internal problems....wtf? Obviously your intel source is pretty bad.

The funny part of the judging an allaince on the actions of one person is that during the end of rd 7 the only thing Legion did was work for one person/gal. They betrayed thier allies, they betrayed legion members, all in a tunnel vision quest to get Fred and DTA to number one.

As far as bragging rights, The top gal was Furgion. THe number two gal was mostly Fury, and 12:13's Legion GC almost quit legion over the fact that legion betrayed our galaxy. The other top 10 legion in 12:13 did leave Legion because of the betrayl. Leaving legion with not much claim on our galaxy. How you can claim a galaxy legion attacked as being legion I wonder about. As far as th #1 galaxy, afaik it had one more Fury than legion.

But that is really academic. Fury was by far the strongest allaince in rd 7. Your claim that Legion has bragging rights more than anyone else ignores the basic fact that FUry and Virus had vastly larger tag rankings than legion. And both had plenty of top gal showing.

I think it is silly to compare Legion and Fury. There is really no question that Fury was the strongest allaince in rd 7. I suppose you could make an argument that Legion did better than Virus, but I would leave that to a virus member to debate.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 18:49   #108
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Legions top planet moved from #2 to #3 (and rank #7 respectively - aga) after the deletion. Whereas Fury was #1,2,6,11,12,14,15,17,18
I don't have a list of the top 20 planets to hand so can't comment on where Legion's finished, but was not one of those highly ranked Fury Dreadnaught, who by your own admission spent the entire round playing our of a "Legion gal" and notably a galaxy that attacked as a galaxy. We won't mention the fact that Fury's #1 planet was also 'cheating'.

Quote:
15:19 (the "Legion gal") was also 1 rank behind 23:23 (a "Fury" gal).
Having looked that up thats correct, altho the scores were remarkably close; 1484873650 to 1499461409 according to my sources. Hardly a resounding "victory" for 'pure Fury' over 'pure Legion'. Seems to me they pretty much "fell from the top ranks" just as much as you guys did, but I get the feeling you don't care for your galaxy too much, after all they got you to where you wanted to be.

Quote:
Whereas 12:13 (rank #2) was considered a "Fury gal", 7:13 (rank #3) a "Virus gal" and yours a "mixed Furgion" gal.
Mine was no more mixed that 12:13, only reason we weren't considered one or the other was cos we didn't have a big mouth shootinng off in the name of any of the alliances. Oh and I think 17:11 (Virus mainly iirc) ended up 3rd with 7:13 4th.

Quote:
But I think at the time it was pretty much summed up as Fury being the "winner" of the round, as we had the largest proportion of the top rankings. And amazingly enough the #1 planet .
Was it not Fury planets that were also "winning" in terms of deletions in the top 10 galaxies too?

I'm sure you have the exact details as to who was deleted and what alliance there were in the top 10 galaxies tho, so I won't step on your toes

Are you also already forgetting the Fury command and members that were involved in the backstabbing of your galaxy btw? True winners on display right there.

Quote:
And you of all people should know that being "GC" of a gal doesnt mean squat, as far as im concerned (and always will be) its just a 10% bonus mechanism
GC in every case I saw that round was the person who originally organised the galaxy and built that team. Empress put your galaxy together, so she was the GC. Or are you in the misguided opinion that any success your galaxy had was entirely down to you and would have been achieved regardless of the team that Empy assembled?

Quote:
(unless your gal is incompetent and unable to "lead" itself)
Thats fairly ironic coming from you. I will refrain from giving the reasons I say this unless you want to continue to make a complete ass of yourself ofc. Altho to be honest I highly doubt that anyone actually believes you were as sweet and innocent in your playing actions as you claim to be that round.

Unread 8 Mar 2003, 19:03   #109
Maddix
Imposter?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Objective look at alliance positions going into R9

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
The funny part of the judging an allaince on the actions of one person is that during the end of rd 7 the only thing Legion did was work for one person/gal. They betrayed thier allies, they betrayed legion members, all in a tunnel vision quest to get Fred and DTA to number one.
Strange, could have sworn they were still working for my galaxy, while it seemed that Fury had their eyes set on a "less Legion galaxy" getting to the top. You also comment about betraying allies. It was in fact Fury people who attempted to get mundo deleted (Fury member) to prevent us from winning.

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
As far as bragging rights, The top gal was Furgion. THe number two gal was mostly Fury, and 12:13's Legion GC almost quit legion over the fact that legion betrayed our galaxy. The other top 10 legion in 12:13 did leave Legion because of the betrayl. Leaving legion with not much claim on our galaxy. How you can claim a galaxy legion attacked as being legion I wonder about. As far as th #1 galaxy, afaik it had one more Fury than legion.
I was not privy to the actions of anyone that last day or so tbh as I was gayly stuck in that "Big Brother" thing (Which incidently makes the claims that it was in fact me getting Morden and co deleted at that time even more laughable). From what I heard it was actually 7:13 who wanted to hit 12:13 originally as my gal had a couple of Virus and were their last chance to get a #1 position. I don't doubt Legion planets prolly hit them too tho, but as I say anything I "know" about those events are second hand and heresy.

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
But that is really academic. Fury was by far the strongest allaince in rd 7. Your claim that Legion has bragging rights more than anyone else ignores the basic fact that FUry and Virus had vastly larger tag rankings than legion. And both had plenty of top gal showing.

I think it is silly to compare Legion and Fury. There is really no question that Fury was the strongest allaince in rd 7. I suppose you could make an argument that Legion did better than Virus, but I would leave that to a virus member to debate.
Well that would be your, I'm sure you don't deny, slightly biased opinion from the point of a Fury Exec, as my opinion is biased as a member of Legion. Tags have not really been recognised as any true detemining factor for rounds now, unless ofc you are the #1 tag, then it is ofc excusable to ignore this fact.

I also find it fairly ironic that Fury is able to 'ignore' the amounts of cheating within their ranks cos Legion had their biggest player deleted for cheating. Are you saying finally that quality is more important than quanity?

Unread 8 Mar 2003, 19:04   #110
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
The big galaxy mentality that makes this argument even exist. IE that the rank differentials of a few top players and gals have more than fck all to do with overall alliance power, where Fury was clearly dominant, is a bit rediculous. 12:13 was a Fury galaxy. Not even the Legion in the gal would argue that it wasnt. As far as the cheating, cut the crap. Every allaince had cheaters. Probably every top player cheated to some small extent at some point in the round, it doesnt matter. Dread was a Fury member, and DTA took plenty of Fury targets during the round, as did Dread.

THis is a silly discussio.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 19:10   #111
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Probably every top player cheated to some small extent at some point in the round
So you admit Fury had more higher ranking cheaters than any other alliance !

Unread 8 Mar 2003, 19:11   #112
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
THis is a silly discussio.
Yes I agree, it was a silly point to try and raise in the first place

Unread 8 Mar 2003, 19:13   #113
K-W
Bored

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Objective look at alliance positions going into R9

Quote:
Strange, could have sworn they were still working for my galaxy, while it seemed that Fury had their eyes set on a "less Legion galaxy" getting to the top. You also comment about betraying allies. It was in fact Fury people who attempted to get mundo deleted (Fury member) to prevent us from winning.
Maddix, you can look through all the rose colored glasses you want. Legion was openly, very openly aiming for DTA to win the round. Fred was lying, cheating, and backstabbing for his rank and his galaxies rank. Fury had thier eyes set on no such thing. Fury had nothing to prove, Fury was clearly the most powerful allaince. Then Fred started to blatently, blatently cheat and backstab us, so we responded. Then a giant **** fest began with everyone in the top gals betraying everyone else. No one was innocent in that, and no one was a victim. But Fury never backstabbed Legion. And towards the end of that round everyone in the top gals was reporting everyone else for everything.

Quote:

I was not privy to the actions of anyone that last day or so tbh as I was gayly stuck in that "Big Brother" thing (Which incidently makes the claims that it was in fact me getting Morden and co deleted at that time even more laughable). From what I heard it was actually 7:13 who wanted to hit 12:13 originally as my gal had a couple of Virus and were their last chance to get a #1 position. I don't doubt Legion planets prolly hit them too tho, but as I say anything I "know" about those events are second hand and heresy.
If you dont know than stop making claims LOTS of legion hit 12:13. Grendal told us "they shouldnt be, but I have no power over them anymore." Why are you commenting when you have no idea what went on?
Quote:

Well that would be your, I'm sure you don't deny, slightly biased opinion from the point of a Fury Exec, as my opinion is biased as a member of Legion. I just find it fairly ironic that Fury is able to 'ignore' the amounts of cheating within their ranks cos Legion had their biggest player deleted for cheating. Are you saying finally that quality is more important than quanity?
Maddix, I made no claims about cheating, so im not sure why you are bringing it up. There is no debate about who won rd 7. No one thinks legion won except a few legion members. After rd 7 we had an allaince conference thing and we were discussing blocks and to a man every person there said that Fury won rd 7. Its not even a debate. We had more top planets, more top galaxies, way more tag score. Im just not sure why you are even discussing this. The simantics of a few top galaxies has no bearing on the overwhelming difference in overall strength between Fury and Legion in rd 7.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 19:15   #114
K-W
Bored

Post Re: Re: Re: Re: Objective look at alliance positions going into R9

Quote:
So you admit Fury had more higher ranking cheaters than any other alliance !
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 19:18   #115
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Mine was no more mixed that 12:13, only reason we weren't considered one or the other was cos we didn't have a big mouth shootinng off in the name of any of the alliances. Oh and I think 17:11 (Virus mainly iirc) ended up 3rd with 7:13 4th.
1 [Æ][Lizards][VtS][Fury][=V=] 10:8 1.612.427.000
2 Mercury and Solace 12:13 1.542.099.000
3 [=V=] Urwins [VtS] [VX] 7:13 1.516.089.000
4 [=V=]Smashball anyone?[ToT] 17:11 1.471.164.000
5 [T&P][Fury]Requiem[RaH][VtS] 26:2 1.462.258.000
6 [FAnG] Avalon [BD][Fury][VtS] 26:11 1.458.915.000
7 [Lizards] Leather&Lace [Fury] 23:23 1.365.148.000
8 [Legion] DTA [Titans][BS'ed] 15:19 1.326.784.000

Not really important but 7:13 were 3rd though you are right 17:11 were mainly ViruS.
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 19:23   #116
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by midge5
1 [Æ][Lizards][VtS][Fury][=V=] 10:8 1.612.427.000
2 Mercury and Solace 12:13 1.542.099.000
3 [=V=] Urwins [VtS] [VX] 7:13 1.516.089.000
4 [=V=]Smashball anyone?[ToT] 17:11 1.471.164.000
5 [T&P][Fury]Requiem[RaH][VtS] 26:2 1.462.258.000
6 [FAnG] Avalon [BD][Fury][VtS] 26:11 1.458.915.000
7 [Lizards] Leather&Lace [Fury] 23:23 1.365.148.000
8 [Legion] DTA [Titans][BS'ed] 15:19 1.326.784.000

Not really important but 7:13 were 3rd though you are right 17:11 were mainly ViruS.
As far as I can remember, 17:11 was the only top 10 galaxy without Fury in it.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 19:28   #117
Maddix
Imposter?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Objective look at alliance positions going into R9

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
If you dont know than stop making claims LOTS of legion hit 12:13. Grendal told us "they shouldnt be, but I have no power over them anymore." Why are you commenting when you have no idea what went on?
I never made any claims regarding 12:13 except for the fact that I thought they were just as much Legion as Fury, that obviously changed last few days and I wasn't aware - altho it does beg the question as to where most of the players played during the majority of the round.

If half of Fury had left to join ChaoZ for example with a week to go would they have had any claim on anything? heh

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Maddix, I made no claims about cheating, so im not sure why you are bringing it up.
Comments in regards to cheating are main directed at Mr Kileman, any to you are in relation to the comments regarding Fred. Altho you do seem to either not be aware of, or refuse to acknowldge the "Fury" involvement in killing 23:23 - not that I am accusing Fury as an alliance, but just certain members within, so we are clear

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
There is no debate about who won rd 7. No one thinks legion won except a few legion members. After rd 7 we had an allaince conference thing and we were discussing blocks and to a man every person there said that Fury won rd 7. Its not even a debate. We had more top planets, more top galaxies, way more tag score. Im just not sure why you are even discussing this. The simantics of a few top galaxies has no bearing on the overwhelming difference in overall strength between Fury and Legion in rd 7.
In the old days the victory would have been shared as Fury's strength would have been nothing without the support aof their allies, the same goes for anyone else within that block. The fact over who "won" is not in debate. The fact that you refuse to acknowledge the contribution of your allies and even speak them down is tbh typical of the Fury attitude of their final rounds and more than likely the primary reason that Scouse, Titans and co hate(d) you so. Egotistical and Arrogant are two words that spring to mind.

I do not claim for one second that Legion "won" the round as you are attempting to claim for Fury. To do so would be...hmmm...arrogant and egotistical

Unread 8 Mar 2003, 19:29   #118
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Originally posted by midge5
Thanks

Unread 8 Mar 2003, 19:30   #119
Dreadnought!

Maddix wasnt your "GC" mundo? A Wrath member
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 19:34   #120
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought!
Maddix wasnt your "GC" mundo? A Wrath member
For the last 2 weeks of the round yes, like Kileman was "GC" of 23:23.....as anyone with half an ounce of sense would know tho we were refering to the GCs that ran the galaxy.

Nice try dumb ass

Unread 8 Mar 2003, 19:34   #121
Grendel

Grendel is an unknown quantity at this point
I would advise our Fury friends to remain very silent about winning rounds and about 'backstabbing'. Dont forget who let your alliance finish part of the winning side in the first place.

This whole 'we won cause we had 2 more top10 gal GC etc' is so pathetic its beyond believe. Fury and Legion won rd 2,3,5 and 7 together as allies, as a team. One wouldnt have been on top without the other.

Both our alliances have left this game, now lets let the past be and show a bit of dignity and style about it.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 20:02   #122
Agamemnon
afk

Agamemnon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Probably every top player cheated to some small extent at some point in the round
Pathetic....
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 21:03   #123
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Agamemnon
Pathetic....
don't be so hard on yourself aga

rgds Kj (btw that was a JOKE)

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 21:13   #124
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
And you of all people should know that being "GC" of a gal doesnt mean squat, as far as im concerned (and always will be) its just a 10% bonus mechanism (unless your gal is incompetent and unable to "lead" itself)
GC's arn't always the people in blue, as I know you have experienced personally. GC's, not the guy in blue, are generally massively important for a successful galaxy. Some galaxies do well by having terrible, selfish GC's because of the standard of player in them.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 22:20   #125
thomas4
CHICKEN DIPPHAAAAZ

thomas4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Objective look at alliance positions going into R9

Quote:
Olympians - Olympians have been formed from former members of Titans and therefore have some of the leetest players in the game. They also took in many members from the former LDK and members of the Plush battle group. Arguably the best alliance in the game on paper but untried as a new alliance and a well known but untested leadership!
and you call yourself unbiased? riiiiight.

Quote:
Sapienta - New alliance. Could be good. TBH know very little about them or their capabilities...Not even sure they are still going our are part of the block But SWEET sure sounds better that WEET!
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Sapentia seem to have folded and is now wing of WP or something like that

hAl
as for Sapientia being a wing of WP, lol! Sapientia has officially disbanded so the abbreviation WEET is inevitable.

And to nag 'a la hirr' style, the official name for Sapientia is 'Saluto Sapientia'.
R4: [30:21:11] n00b
R5: [31:24:10] TFD
R6: [04:02:06] Xylem
R7: [27:20:11] Lithyn
R8: [29:02:05] Lithyn \ Elysium
R9: [05:05:09] WolfPack \ Sapientia (while it lasted...)
R9.5: [XX:XX:XX] Enjoying random inactivity...

Ex-Lithyn [\] †
thomas4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 23:23   #126
Meth
Me

Meth is an unknown quantity at this point
Germ, Kile, drop it please, this discussion is going to achieve nothing else other than ****ting on Fury's name.
Meth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 00:25   #127
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by Grendel
I would advise our Fury friends to remain very silent about winning rounds and about 'backstabbing'. Dont forget who let your alliance finish part of the winning side in the first place.

This whole 'we won cause we had 2 more top10 gal GC etc' is so pathetic its beyond believe. Fury and Legion won rd 2,3,5 and 7 together as allies, as a team. One wouldnt have been on top without the other.

Both our alliances have left this game, now lets let the past be and show a bit of dignity and style about it.
Oh, you let us finish in the winning side? Gee thanks, Dad for holding our hands. Whether or not your "side" would have won after the consortium deal is a discussion for another day. Your confidence that you would have seems unfounded to me.

Indeed the top 10 gal issue is pathetic. It has nothing to do with alliances and alot to do with luck/cheating/individual players and circumstances.

You are right that one wouldnt have won without the other, that doesnt mean that one couldnt have won without the other, and I think that is a destinction you are missing. Rd 2,3,5 are different than rd 7 Grendel, and you can pretend they werent if you want. In rd 2,3,5 Legion and Fury were of very similar strength. In rd 7, Fury was markedly stronger. Im not trying to boast or brag. It was a simple reality of the round. Blame wrath, blame whatever. Im not saying we were cooler, or had the best players, just from a pure strenght standpoint, number of players plus players size and galaxy control, Fury was markedly stronger. Im not poo-pooing legions contributions to the block at all. Nor am I saying anything about thier record and contributions. Legion was a great allaince whos accomplishments were legendary.

But if Maddix is going to make the, by your own admission, silly claim that because Legion got some top ten galaxies they get bragging rights equal or above any other alliances, I am going to have to disagree. Legion can brag about their many accomplishments and can brag about being part of the block that won rd 7, but arguing that they get equal or better bragging rights than Fury because they had players in the top two galaxies is silly, as you stated.

Of course, this entire discussion is silly. These things dont really matter, but,none of these things matter, this entire forum is a discussion of a game. Everything on this forum is simantics with no real meaning. If we were to concern ourselves only with things that mattered, non of us would be here.

As far as Legion backstabbing Fury, they did, Im not sure what you point is. If your point is that the first time they seemed to be backstabbing us they didnt in the end, then you are right. But how does you not backstabbing us once mean that when you did backstab us it wasnt backstabbing? Please explain that to me.

I dont care if you did or not. It doesnt matter. Its just annoying to see it denied or justified as if it wasnt what it was. As far as I am concerned backstabing is good for the game, so all power too you, at the time my motivations clearly were different, but in retrospect Fred did a great job of playing the politics to his advantage.

Last edited by K-W; 9 Mar 2003 at 00:49.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 01:47   #128
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
But if Maddix is going to make the, by your own admission, silly claim that because Legion got some top ten galaxies they get bragging rights equal or above any other alliances, I am going to have to disagree. Legion can brag about their many accomplishments and can brag about being part of the block that won rd 7, but arguing that they get equal or better bragging rights than Fury because they had players in the top two galaxies is silly, as you stated.
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Fury was the soley aknowledged winner of the round
To coin a phrase from sigrid...

pot, kettle, black

The point you appear to be missing is that simply being 'stronger' does not give you the right to claim to be the "sole winners of the round". Unless you have some dilussionally idea that Fury would have been able to stand alone during round 7 and still emerge victorious. Oh and if you have been following you would realise that Grendel was addressing you, seeing as I have not claimed anywhere during this thread that Legion "won" the round - you made that claim.

Perhaps my claims to have "equal or more bragging rights" are slightly exagerrated, but far less so than the claims we have "none".

If anyone wished to be named the "soley aknowledged winner" of any round they would not make alliances with others in the knowledge that any victory would have be shared.

Anyway, for the first time ever I will be taking Meth's advice and if I were you I would do as he asks and shut up too, as it is with claims such as this that Fury has gained its reputation for excessive arrogance and with each post you are making it only adds to that. I only hope the arrogant attitude has been dropped by all those Fury that are now running Eclipse, for the sake of their alliance and members.

Unread 9 Mar 2003, 02:36   #129
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

you guys make me laugh
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 03:24   #130
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
you guys make me laugh
idd, who the hell gives a **** who won r7 etc ...
To me it was clear, Fury did, and there the discussion ends for me.

clearly not THAT simple to some pple

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 9 Mar 2003, 03:34   #131
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
idd, who the hell gives a **** who won r7 etc ...
To me it was clear, Fury did, and there the discussion ends for me.
I care who won, mainly because it was the last round I played. I don't think I can be accused of much bias at all in this argument, so I'm willing to settle it by agreeing with Kj that Fury won r7. Legion seemed to be falling apart throughout the round with members fleeing to other, more stable alliances, and BiggDogg coming back home to fix the mess you kids made of your Consortium.

I'm not totally sure who would have won r7 in a post successful Consortium situation, but I think ViruS/FAnG's alleigiance was more of a 'king maker' than Legion's (even taking into account that ViruS were tending towards Legion at the time, they're too spineless to do anything as daring as allying against Fury unless the odds were massively in their favour).

So that's my perspective, nothing but a humble Titans peon, so what do I know anyway?
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 04:11   #132
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
GC's arn't always the people in blue, as I know you have experienced personally. GC's, not the guy in blue, are generally massively important for a successful galaxy. Some galaxies do well by having terrible, selfish GC's because of the standard of player in them.
I wouldnt play in a private gal that had players 'unable' to do the fantasy "gc role". In nearly every private gal round ive had, most of the players were competent enough for the 'position'.

I mean what does a GC actually do? "come on guys, we need more roids, you guys are doing well!" or "screw u guys im gonna be GC even if I have the lowest roid count in the gal, coz I want the bonus and the status"
________
Toyota alessandro volta

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:42.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 04:51   #133
Sauron
Mordor

Sauron has a little shameless behaviour in the past
who was the best ranking NewX gal in R7?
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 05:06   #134
Kileman
Commander

6:4 was the best for quite some time (after the cimmeria deletion incident) but (we) eventually broke through them and leveled the gal. They finished 118th at the end.

103 [LDK] The Originals [Xan][UV] 2:10 214.448.000
104 [PA-STAY] [vVv][+][UV] SOS 20:9 213.994.000
108 [NEWX]GOLDEN ROIDS[OuZo][TFD] 23:21 204.558.000
118 [NoS] Murderous Plush Toys 6:4 183.976.000

^^ a few gals that did well (most of them in vacation mode) considering the circumstances.

Im sure theres a few more but these are the ones I can remember
________
HONDA AIRPORT

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:43.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 05:24   #135
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
6:4 was the best for quite some time (after the cimmeria deletion incident) but (we) eventually broke through them and leveled the gal. They finished 118th at the end.
Yeah 6:4 did well, I had to pull my attack on 'em. Course, I was talking to Stabber straight after, so that was pretty interesting

They're one of the galaxies I respect most from r7, they definately deserved a top spot.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 05:55   #136
K-W
Bored

Quote:
To coin a phrase from sigrid...

pot, kettle, black

The point you appear to be missing is that simply being 'stronger' does not give you the right to claim to be the "sole winners of the round". Unless you have some dilussionally idea that Fury would have been able to stand alone during round 7 and still emerge victorious. Oh and if you have been following you would realise that Grendel was addressing you, seeing as I have not claimed anywhere during this thread that Legion "won" the round - you made that claim.

Perhaps my claims to have "equal or more bragging rights" are slightly exagerrated, but far less so than the claims we have "none".

If anyone wished to be named the "soley aknowledged winner" of any round they would not make alliances with others in the knowledge that any victory would have be shared.

Anyway, for the first time ever I will be taking Meth's advice and if I were you I would do as he asks and shut up too, as it is with claims such as this that Fury has gained its reputation for excessive arrogance and with each post you are making it only adds to that. I only hope the arrogant attitude has been dropped by all those Fury that are now running Eclipse, for the sake of their alliance and members.
Pot kettle black eh?

I criticized You for claiming that Legion deserves equal or greater bragging rights because they had members in a few top galaxies.

If this were a pot kettle situation, than I would have made the same claim. I never did. I stated that Fury was the sole aknowleged winner. This is a claim made from the fact that at the allaince conference or whatever it was called, leaders from all the major allainces in rd 8 were asked by zues who won rd 7. To a man they all said Fury. Thus we were the sole aknowledged winners.

So maddix, if you arent going to read what I write, or take the time to understand it, id appreciate it if you didnt respond.
I never claimed to be the sole winners of the round, I claimed to be the sole aknowledged winners of the round.

How can you possibly expect me to discuss this with you if you insist on pretending I said things I didnt say?

Clearly our arrogance comes not from our words but your ears. I never claimed we were the sole winners, I never claimed that Legion deserves no credit for helping Fury or for the block. I never said that.

You claimed that Legion deserves equal or greater bragging rights, which even you now say may have been an exageration, and I disagreed. I think Fury deserves greater bragging rights.

Everything else you claim I have said I have not said.

This is a silly little pissy argument over 2 rounds ago. We disagree, its over. To those of you who found this to be somehow important, have fun.

Last edited by K-W; 9 Mar 2003 at 12:42.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 06:01   #137
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Pot kettle black eh?

I criticized You for claiming that Legion deserves equal or greater bragging rights because they had members in a few top galaxies.

If this were a pot kettle situation, than I would have made the same claim. I never did. I stated that Fury was the sole aknowleged winner. This is a claim made from the fact that at the allaince conference or whatever it was called, leaders from all the major allainces in rd 8 were asked by zues who won rd 7. To a man they all said Fury. Thus we were the sole aknowledged winners.

So maddix, if you arent going to read what I write, or take the time to understand it, id appreciate it if you didnt respond.
I never claimed to be the sole winners of the round, I claimed to be the sole aknowledged winners of the round.

How can you possibly expect me to discuss this with you if you insist on pretending I said things I didnt say?

Clearly our arrogance comes not from our words but your ears. I never claimed we were the sole winners, I never claimed that Legion deserves no credit for helping Fury or for the block. I never said that.

You claimed that Legion deserves equal or greater bragging rights, which even you now say may have been an exageration, and I disagreed. I think Fury deserves greater bragging rights.

Everything else you claim I have said I have not said.
Can you say all that in the voice of Mojo jojo ?
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 06:28   #138
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
Can you say all that in the voice of Mojo jojo ?
I would pay huge amounts of money to hear that. Huuuuge.

Ω
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 07:05   #139
K-W
Bored

Whats Mojo jojo? I could try.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 07:41   #140
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Meth
Germ, Kile, drop it please, this discussion is going to achieve nothing else other than ****ting on Fury's name.
*shush*
Dont spoil the comedy here.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 10:08   #141
nORB
Useless_Painkiller

nORB is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Sauron
who was the best ranking NewX gal in R7?
Try to find answer in my signature
r5 – 29:14:10 Depeche Domain of Useless Garbage (in own time #2 galaxy) (CROSSFARMING - quick way to high ranks)
r6 – 12:24:11 Painkiller of Uninvited Guest (in own time #7 galaxy) (FREEZING HUMAN - no kill no fun)
r7 – 28:9:6 Violator of Hidden Pain (BASHING MONSTER - c28 horror)
r8 – 21:2:4 The dead of night of Pain in the ass (sucking TERRAN - too many powerful sentinels)
r9 – 15:4:8 lamers outside of n00b inside (PIGGYBACKING MASTER - after WEET split)
r9.5 – 40:10:2 Painless_userKiller of Useless_Painkiller ( #8 in the UNIVERSE )
I'm simply LDK member who don't want to occupy any post of having any additional worries
nORB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 12:40   #142
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I mean what does a GC actually do? "come on guys, we need more roids, you guys are doing well!" or "screw u guys im gonna be GC even if I have the lowest roid count in the gal, coz I want the bonus and the status"
Mainly attacks. If your galaxy does galaxy attacks that is. If all, or most, of your galaxy are part of a BG or attack with their alliances then they don't need to do that because then the BC's of the alliances and BG's would do that.

So in that case you may be right. But a lot of galaxies attack as galaxies, and it is the GC's responsility to get targets, set up attacks, get everyone attacking, keep everyone attacking and try and keep order whilst doing so.

On topic: Maybe we should all mull over who would have won in a 1 v 1. Legion v Fury. No allies. I have my opinion on who would have won.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 12:46   #143
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahriman

I'm not totally sure who would have won r7 in a post successful Consortium situation, but I think ViruS/FAnG's alleigiance was more of a 'king maker'
mmm, what the hell do you mean with this?

and why do you even link Virus and FAnG in 1 sentence with the word allegiance ? FAnG never had the slightest contact with Virus, aside from being both allied to Fury in r7.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 9 Mar 2003, 13:27   #144
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
mmm, what the hell do you mean with this?

and why do you even link Virus and FAnG in 1 sentence with the word allegiance ? FAnG never had the slightest contact with Virus, aside from being both allied to Fury in r7.
I was talking about those alliance's alleigiance to either Fury or Legion, not to eachother...
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 13:38   #145
stargazingiris
mundo!

stargazingiris is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Objective look at alliance positions going into R9

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Mainly attacks. If your galaxy does galaxy attacks that is. If all, or most, of your galaxy are part of a BG or attack with their alliances then they don't need to do that because then the BC's of the alliances and BG's would do that.

So in that case you may be right. But a lot of galaxies attack as galaxies, and it is the GC's responsility to get targets, set up attacks, get everyone attacking, keep everyone attacking and try and keep order whilst doing so.
I don't rate that as the responsibility of the GC... that is a shared responsibility for all members of the galaxy (or at least the ones in the best position to get targets from an alliance).

In my galaxy, Maddix was the undisputed GC even if i held the blue mantle for a period of time. I'm inclined to disagree with Kileman, and I do think that there is usually a prominent person in a galaxy that essentially acts as an 'ambassador' for the gal. In our case this was Maddix. we trusted his judgement in every way, and he essentially made sure our gal kept on track diplomatically - we could all take care of our own motivation etc as that was a group job. but a gal needs a person to take care of the bigger picture, an ambassador - a GC.

In different circumstances, someone else may have been able to take on this role... but the point is, Maddix was the best suited to the 'GC' role - which is a lot more than simply grabbing a 10% bonus and wearing pretty colours and i think he and other GCs of successful gals should be given the credit they deserve.
r5 93rd 27:22:21 An eval-doer of Eval terrorist w3rld
r7 12th 10:08:12 The One Legged Sherpa of Nanga Parbat
r8 3rd 38:03:04 where the arrow went out of steel stars

Happily retired.
stargazingiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 13:54   #146
stargazingiris
mundo!

oh and about the 'who has more bragging rights' thing

well, the only reason fury ended up stronger was because their recruiting wing/alliance was better imo.
in mixed galaxies, people simply joined whatever allied alliance wouldnt be -too- difficult to get into and was half-decent. seeing iliad sucked so much, most went to wrath (like myself).

of course this probably means fury was better than legion, as they were markedly more effective in this respect, hence adding to their strength...

but hell, it could've gone either way... when there are lots of people trying to join 'allied' alliances, who they join is arbitrary... so I dont see why this has become such an issue, because really all alliances concerned were equally as good because they were part of the same monster causing people in mixed gals to try to find an alliance to protect their interests.

i think the acknowledgement fury should get is that they created the best recruitment mechanism and AS A RESULT were the stronger of the alliances. so pld to fury for their wrath, not for any great alliance deeds or solidarity.

Happily retired.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 15:51   #147
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
Originally posted by stargazingiris
really all alliances concerned were equally as good because they were part of the same monster causing people in mixed gals to try to find an alliance to protect their interests.
I don't think that makes them all "equally as good", more like "equally attractive in the very, very, very short term."

The difference being that while someone might have joined FAnG, or ToT, or ViruS to protect their roids in r7, there's absolutely no way in hell any of them could claim to have been "equally as good" as Fury.

The same goes for r7 Legion. It wasn't just their recruitment wing that put people off joining.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 16:05   #148
stargazingiris
mundo!

tbh im not sure thats the case
like, i think legion was always held in more awe than fury... its jsut that you couldnt just walk straight into legion, you had to go through crappy iliad...

to me legion always had the reputation of having more skilled players and fury that of having better discipline and organisation - which allowed them to become stronger in r7 through their organisation of wrath

and without the alliance of fltv, many of those players may not have filtered through to wrath (as that was the best option)... instead they may have gone elsewhere to create differently mixed gals.

tbh this is such a sucky argument, because no matter which way you twist and turn, each of the alliances in the block relied on each other, so theres really no way of taking it all apart and comparing bits.

the point i was trying to make though was that fury's main strength came from it bringing up better players through wrath. from where i was sitting, the core of both alliances was pretty evenly matched...
and i attribute the success of wrath mainly to the fact that it was a -relatively- better option, not necessarily due to any outstanding greatness on its or fury's behalf

Happily retired.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 16:26   #149
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
Originally posted by stargazingiris
the point i was trying to make though was that fury's main strength came from it bringing up better players through wrath. from where i was sitting, the core of both alliances was pretty evenly matched...
and i attribute the success of wrath mainly to the fact that it was a -relatively- better option, not necessarily due to any outstanding greatness on its or fury's behalf
It's the core I am concentrating on, really. What was left of Legion's 'awe' in r7 was mainly due to their legacy, not their contemporary quality. Sure if we were talking about previous round I might agree with you that Legion and Fury were evenly matched, but that's another debate. As it stands, r7 Legion were not, in my opinion of the quality they previously had, or the quality that Fury still had.

I know that without Legion, FLTV might not have won so quickly or so decisively, and I know that applies to all the alliances involved in the FLTV block. I also know that some alliances deserve more credit than others for the victory, and that Fury deserve most of that credit.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 16:56   #150
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Whats Mojo jojo? I could try.
http://mojo-jojo.org/

http://www.dailywav.com/pn.html