User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 2 Mar 2003, 13:00   #51
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by stargazingiris
heh. in all my experience i haven't seen any good player rejected by HC just because they dont like them (assuming they fulfill the necessary criteria to join). In these cases the HC in question either swallows his pride and sees what is good for the alliance, or is made to.

just look at Dreadnought and Zhil for example

usually there is a reason for that dislike and if that reason translates to something negative happening in the alliance from the potential member joining, then he will be denied even if he's a #1 24/7 active player.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 13:54   #52
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
heh. in all my experience i haven't seen any good player rejected by HC just because they dont like them (assuming they fulfill the necessary criteria to join). In these cases the HC in question either swallows his pride and sees what is good for the alliance, or is made to.

some might yes, but most won't let someone in if they don't like them. I'll take me as an example (if you see this as an open shot to flame me then GOD ... you're a baby ).

I will not get allowed in some alliances purely cause the command dislikes me. And I'm not a bad nor extremely ACE player but I'm good enough to a good asset to any alliance, pure on player skills(so I'm not even discussing others).

And the same goes for alot of people. pple like Rumad, who are great players and have tons of other skills won't be allowed in certain communities purely cause the command doesn't like him.

And I can give atleast 50 more names of such pple

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 15:08   #53
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
some might yes, but most won't let someone in if they don't like them. I'll take me as an example (if you see this as an open shot to flame me then GOD ... you're a baby ).

I will not get allowed in some alliances purely cause the command dislikes me. And I'm not a bad nor extremely ACE player but I'm good enough to a good asset to any alliance, pure on player skills(so I'm not even discussing others).

And the same goes for alot of people. pple like Rumad, who are great players and have tons of other skills won't be allowed in certain communities purely cause the command doesn't like him.

And I can give atleast 50 more names of such pple

rgds Kj
*and a single tear rolls down my face* rumad not wanted somewhere, how can that be ?
You make it sound like most of the ppl you name didnt "work" on their reputation, may it be bad or good, hard.

If u always appear to be an utter tw@t, dont exspect that ppl roll out the redfloor and open the doors widely for you. Especially if they already think about the day after joining, when they have to deal with your issues etc. So anyone who gets rejected from a certain alliance should not look for someone to blame, may it be a bad bad hc who refused him etc, in most cases its a selfmade backfiring :P
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 15:18   #54
Dreadnought!

Quote:
Zhil doesnt like me? : ((((((((((((((((((((((((
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 19:04   #55
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Can we stop acting like this is a friggin gradeschool playground? <-- well that'd be nice i deleted their little 'squabble' as it had nothing to do with the topic at hand - Aryn

kj - yes you gave an example, but please keep in mind that any perception people have of you is because of what they have seen you do or because of how you've acted in the past about something or other, so mumbling about wether it's earned or not because someone doesn't 'know you' is moot. Public perception has nothing to do with wether or not someone knows you and has everything to do with the attitudes you've displayed and are currently displaying.

I was trying to keep this personal without having people name names because of what would happen if someone started. Note that the example I gave in the first post was an extreme case I wanted to stay away from and the person I named is no longer a part of the community.

Can we please grow up a little? Just a bit anyway. Prattling on about this and that when it has no relavance to anything is pointless and deteriorates from the good viewpoints that were being given here.

Last edited by Aryn; 3 Mar 2003 at 06:55.
SpazMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 21:05   #56
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
kj - yes you gave an example, but please keep in mind that any perception people have of you is because of what they have seen you do or because of how you've acted in the past about something or other, so mumbling about wether it's earned or not because someone doesn't 'know you' is moot. Public perception has nothing to do with wether or not someone knows you and has everything to do with the attitudes you've displayed and are currently displaying.
you missunderstood me 100%. I'm not replying here to fall in "favor" or defend myself or anything. I have an alliance and I'm glad to be there so why should I even bother lookin good for other alliances? Nor did I ever said the reputation I have is/isn't earned, dunno how or why you wrote that.
Your initial post was a good one, I replied and I inserted myself in it to make a small example.

AD also is hardly a reference to alliance.
When I said alliances wouldn't let "me" in purely cause their command dislike me, I meant on IRC, not on AD.

Also, I'll only join an alliance with pple I know. Those pple know me better then the general opinion on AD so how pple think about me on AD will never diminish my chances to join an alliance that I want to be a part of.

nway, I agree, let's stick to the initial post, which was a very good imo.

rgds Kj (and Ahri, why do you have a problem of me being friendly at the end of a thread by signing off with the usual "rgds"? )

FA Gaming community

Unread 2 Mar 2003, 21:40   #57
stargazingiris
mundo!

stargazingiris is an unknown quantity at this point
ok then. in that case kj or scouse, do you think that maybe this operates to the detriment of alliances... having opinionated HCs who dont allow people in simply because they dont like them. As i mentioned before, you dont do well in this game without pissing a few people off.

just wondering if this has ever backfired on an alliance before.
r5 93rd 27:22:21 An eval-doer of Eval terrorist w3rld
r7 12th 10:08:12 The One Legged Sherpa of Nanga Parbat
r8 3rd 38:03:04 where the arrow went out of steel stars

Happily retired.
stargazingiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 22:17   #58
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
having opinionated HCs who dont allow people in simply because they dont like them.
Just for the record I've never done this. I've sometimes fumed and ranted, but I've never tried to abuse my position to get my own way. Elements of 1:10 from r7 can attest to that.

There are people who I regarded traitors of Fury that I'm working with this round. Opinions can change rapidly, I've always come off as someone zealous but I know when you get involved in things personally its bad. Regardless of my personal dislikes or likes - if there is no professional reason I can't do anything about it.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 22:37   #59
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
ok then. in that case kj or scouse, do you think that maybe this operates to the detriment of alliances... having opinionated HCs who dont allow people in simply because they dont like them. As i mentioned before, you dont do well in this game without pissing a few people off.

heh, idd. You can't do well without pissing off a few pple (some more then others ).

I can't speak for scouse, but I have never been denied in any alliance I've applied for in 8 rounds of PA so I'm not really worried.

And from my point of view, as a HC: Yes I have denied applications purely cause me and maybe some other HC's dislike that certain person, based on his PA and IRC rep and behavior.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Mar 2003, 01:27   #60
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
It's never backfired on me, as a HC. I've seen it backfire a great deal as a member and command member in the past, when people have been let in, when I thought they really shouldn't (HI LEGION).

At the start of round 6 we nearly never let loki^ join because of his galaxy but after we'd spoke to him a lot about it, we did. That turned out to be a good decision.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 02:52   #61
Mi5
#Manchester

Mi5 is an unknown quantity at this point
/me remembers how loki^ left deus to join glx as an officer and ended up as a jr pe0n in rnd6 : ))

Only the fact that Deus didnt let him bk in resulted in him joining Titans. Would that have affected his final position or not...? interesting point as titans undeniably helped him finish where he did, but could deus have done better due to their political position?

Sorry to go off topic :/ errrm just to keep it bk on topic:

The Command/players an alliance has does affect on my opinion of the alliance. Before this rnd after being out for a while I needed an alliance, after being told who was running the show in a certain alliance i knew which one i wanted to join. Mainly because i knew and had worked with command staff before, but also because i respected them and felt they were better at their job than other prospective alliances. When i saw some of the other members and saw who was joining, my opinion only improved more (with a few exceptions).

So i do believe that the players in the alliance is what its reputation is based on, most of the time. Although there is the exception where an alliance might have an already established name but not contain any or many of the players that actually made the name what it is. In this case, the alliance's name is sometimes looked at rather than the content.
Round 3: 129:12:9 [ MiS A TAN of Assimilation ]
Round 4: 2:15:4 [ ArcAngel of Pestilence ]
Round 5: 29:7:6 [ Timmeh of South Park ] - quit for RL
Round 6: 3:10:7 [ =ArchAngel= of =Aesir= ] - Rank 24th quit 03/03/02
Round 7: 28:4:10 [ -Genesis- of -Deism- ] - i lasted a rnd \o/
Round 8: FRESHERS WEEK
Round 9: 21:1:10 [ Jago of Endouken ] - Suicide God

Last edited by Mi5; 3 Mar 2003 at 03:02.
Mi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 03:27   #62
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
heh, idd. You can't do well without pissing off a few pple (some more then others ).

I can't speak for scouse, but I have never been denied in any alliance I've applied for in 8 rounds of PA so I'm not really worried.

And from my point of view, as a HC: Yes I have denied applications purely cause me and maybe some other HC's dislike that certain person, based on his PA and IRC rep and behavior.

rgds Kj
I've been turned down once
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 07:56   #63
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
I've been turned down once
Never been turned down, however did turn down quite a few offers. Probably I never looked at alliances that might have turned me down as they were not what I was looking for anyways.

I guess it depends. I was never much interested in playing in a large alliance or within alliances that were using farming and/or accountsharing as their basic ingredients for playing a round. I play this game mostly to meet some people with a common feeling of fun in playing games. As to win it I would probably have to cheat too much to make any chance of winning so I focus on playing the game well and make it fun to play.

hAl
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 08:59   #64
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Teh_Necro
N0VA pretty much rounded it up (he's got a habbit of doing so as of recent ).

I personally always relate an alliances reputation based on the players that are there. Perhaps this is not the best method, but its something that i cannot help doing.

For example if a renouned planet player like Kileman or Game joined Vengance, what would your reflection of Vengance be?

Personally i'd rate them a little higher.

-Necro

(No Discredit to Vengance - Don't worry, i was only being hypothetical about Kileman joining your alliance )
They would probably change name again to mark the occasion.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 09:01   #65
Petru
mefs

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
It's never backfired on me, as a HC. I've seen it backfire a great deal as a member and command member in the past, when people have been let in, when I thought they really shouldn't (HI LEGION).

Da Wintlemeyer?

Or the reverse exodus end r4/start r5?

Unread 3 Mar 2003, 09:04   #66
Petru
mefs

Quote:

In recent times I can only think of one person that I've blocked personally based on opinion alone, that being Atul in r7.

The poor lad got on the server to find himself kicked off by me 7 minutes later. I did this based on what I knew of him in r4, when Legion and Xanadu command were locking horns daily.

A month or two later I applied for XanCorp for Eve, and I heard he put in a good word for me.

In this case, he forgot a past event and a recent event, and saw past it all. I was unable to see past a VERY past event.

In essence it backfired on me, as the above shows Atul was able to put the past behind him and rate someone on what he thought of them. I wasn't.

So in this case, Atul > me, heh :/

But still, there's often been cases of when I've not wanted someone in, but still given it every chance. Either because I feel it will be stopped by the process anyway, or just because I can't be bothered arguing.

Unread 3 Mar 2003, 12:30   #67
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Mi5
/me remembers how loki^ left deus to join glx as an officer and ended up as a jr pe0n in rnd6 : ))

Only the fact that Deus didnt let him bk in resulted in him joining Titans. Would that have affected his final position or not...?
The deus boards helped us in our decision of letting loki^ in (we had full access all round). And the fact that he was rejected and their reasons for doing so just strengthened his chances of getting into Titans.

Personally, I think if he were Deus then his final position may have been affected, because himself and his galaxy would have been a very good target for FLTTV. I'm not saying that we would have taken them down, because the outcome of the war showed that we couldn't take down a lot of their top gals, but there would have been more chance of attacking that gal, instead of another gal like Adelante.

And if he were XeTa, like most of his gal, then he definately wouldn't have finished were he did, because he'd have been heavily hit after the 2nd war broke out.

He was the least selfish #1 player I've ever seen in 8 rounds of PA, and if that were different then I'm sure his rank would have improved as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
Da Wintlemeyer?

Or the reverse exodus end r4/start r5?
I wasn't really thinking of Game*, more of Biggdogg etc rejoining. Prime example being TiG, who joined straight as a BC and was probably online for 10 minutes in the couple of weeks or so that he was there. Myself, and many others, complained to Grendel about the 'appointment' and how crap a decision it was (as well as all the other promotions). Grendel told us how much of a service he would do for Legion and how good he was, bla bla bla. However, we were right, ofc.

* I wasn't overly bothered by 'Davinchi' joining, I actually found it funny how much of a fit Hobbie threw when he found out. He did do some BC work before going inactive and eventually leaving again.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 3 Mar 2003, 13:15   #68
stargazingiris
mundo!

stargazingiris is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Just for the record I've never done this. I've sometimes fumed and ranted, but I've never tried to abuse my position to get my own way. Elements of 1:10 from r7 can attest to that.

There are people who I regarded traitors of Fury that I'm working with this round. Opinions can change rapidly, I've always come off as someone zealous but I know when you get involved in things personally its bad. Regardless of my personal dislikes or likes - if there is no professional reason I can't do anything about it.

idd, i used you as an example because i respect the way that you have been able to put aside differences for the sake of your alliance.
r5 93rd 27:22:21 An eval-doer of Eval terrorist w3rld
r7 12th 10:08:12 The One Legged Sherpa of Nanga Parbat
r8 3rd 38:03:04 where the arrow went out of steel stars

Happily retired.
stargazingiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 15:26   #69
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve
everybody knows the answere is yes

if an alliance has great players (or eaven great gals) everybody know about that and then your opinoin changes.

it is that easy

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Ð] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
TheACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 15:42   #70
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by TheACE
everybody knows the answere is yes

if an alliance has great players (or eaven great gals) everybody know about that and then your opinoin changes.

it is that easy
If you read through the thread, it isn't 'that easy'. Instead of just answering the topical question, dig a little deeper. To what extent is it 'yes'. Do you, as a wp officer allow it to dictate/change decisions and stances on alliances? To what extent? This is not a black and white subject - there's a ton of gray area, which is what I am trying to get at.

It'd also be nice if you could address the question about cliques. Have there been any other cliques inside of wp besides the dragons? what kind of influence have they had historically and has it caused problems internally?
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 21:34   #71
Kill
Banned

Kill is infamous around these parts
Re: Zenith Update

Quote:
Originally posted by Aneu
You seem to forget Killmarks taint in this, whatever alliance killmark is in is labeled bad yes?

Regards
Aneu
There have only been 3 major alliances in round 3-8 that I wasn't in.

Guess which ones I never joined.

Killmark

Omen Incorporated CEO

Heresy CEO [=H=]
"Born of Heresy"

<milkey> its four am ..
<milkey> youre freaking crazy
<Killmark> 4.20
<Killmark>
<milkey> dont matter
<Killmark> i need roidies!
Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 21:55   #72
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Zenith Update

Quote:
Originally posted by Kill

The ones who knew it was 'Killmark' applying as opposed to 'iHateBots'?
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 22:25   #73
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:

Killmark
Titans.

Unread 4 Mar 2003, 22:59   #74
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Killmark
RAH and TFD
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 23:52   #75
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
If you read through the thread, it isn't 'that easy'. Instead of just answering the topical question, dig a little deeper. To what extent is it 'yes'. Do you, as a wp officer allow it to dictate/change decisions and stances on alliances? To what extent? This is not a black and white subject - there's a ton of gray area, which is what I am trying to get at.

It'd also be nice if you could address the question about cliques. Have there been any other cliques inside of wp besides the dragons? what kind of influence have they had historically and has it caused problems internally?
I heard Dragons used the rest of WP as "fodder" more or less, and thats how they got as "big" in r8 for instance.
If thats true, their merits isnt impressing at all.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 23:59   #76
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
I heard Dragons used the rest of WP as "fodder" more or less, and thats how they got as "big" in r8 for instance.
If thats true, their merits isnt impressing at all.
Actually the tactic was, do not attack anything that could remotly attack you back. If you get hostiles spam every channel you can find for defense. In case of any of your wolfpack alliance members get hostiles pretend to be AFK. When Titans come after you loose all your roids and blame someone else.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 01:54   #77
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
Actually the tactic was, do not attack anything that could remotly attack you back. If you get hostiles spam every channel you can find for defense. In case of any of your wolfpack alliance members get hostiles pretend to be AFK. When [changed] FAnG [/changed] come after you loose all your roids and blame someone else.
lol, always thought that was titans policy

(kidding m8)

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 06:29   #78
fiddler123b
vacation-monkey

fiddler123b is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Actually the tactic was, do not attack anything that could remotly attack you back. If you get hostiles spam every channel you can find for defense. In case of any of your wolfpack alliance members get hostiles pretend to be AFK. When Titans come after you loose all your roids and blame someone else.
are you sure they only used that tactic in r8 (except for the titans-thing )
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 13:24   #79
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of
Quote:
Rofl!

and what do u Actually think u know about the Dragons in general? I bet u know nothing. So I'll just take it as poor sense of humour.

But maybe we should get few things in the air anyway. So lets say alliance (Wolfpack for example) has 2 planets under attack at the same time and 1 of them would be a top100 player who's set loads of time & effort into game and the 2nd one with a little planet which score would be hardly even worth mentioning. So which one would it be smart for that alliance to cover first, the big one or the lil one? I think any good alliance officer wouldn't even think about it when the situation would occure. And just for the record I'm pretty sure Dragons had most of the top wp planets back in r8.

I luv both Dragons and the Wolfpack and they r the only reason for me to even play this game anymore and my fleets r always there for either 1 of them (alltho the first priority should always go for the ones u work with the most) and I do think the same applies to every1 of us. It's kinda stupid thing to say I'd ever use Wolfpack as a flak.

And btw I don't ever remember spamming sum public known channel to get green on my overwiev ;-)

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ðragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 13:37   #80
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by lizardking
and what do u Actually think u know about the Dragons in general? I bet u know nothing. So I'll just take it as poor sense of humour.
ParraCida was the main Titans Intel officer, and considering how accurate our intel was on most alliances, I'd guess that he probably knew/knows a lot.

Here's another example:

So lets say alliance (Wolfpack for example) has [a few] planets under attack at the same time and 1 of them would be a top100 player who's set loads of time & effort into game.....

... and then they realise they can't cover their biggest planet, so he goes into vacation mode, like a scared little girl, cos he just might lose some roids (and ships). Meanwhile, people who have been defending him all round and have helped him get to were he is are losing roids and ships everyday.

Now, wheres the comradery there?

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 14:28   #81
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by fiddler123b
are you sure they only used that tactic in r8 (except for the titans-thing )
Seems like something straight from r6.
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 14:56   #82
Kill
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Zenith Update

Quote:
Originally posted by General1
RAH and TFD
I held a RaH membership in r8, TFD only accepts dutchies incidently.

Killmark

Omen Incorporated CEO

Heresy CEO [=H=]
"Born of Heresy"

<milkey> its four am ..
<Killmark> 4.20
<Killmark>
<milkey> dont matter
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 14:59   #83
Kill
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Zenith Update

Quote:
Titans.
Could have joined, couldn't be arsed in the end.

Killmark

Omen Incorporated CEO

Heresy CEO [=H=]
"Born of Heresy"

<milkey> its four am ..
<Killmark> 4.20
<Killmark>
<milkey> dont matter
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 15:02   #84
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Re: Re: Re: Re: Zenith Update

Quote:

Killmark
How utterly convenient that you didn't want to join.

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 15:09   #85
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of
Quote:
ParraCida was the main Titans Intel officer, and considering how accurate our intel was on most alliances, I'd guess that he probably knew/knows a lot.

Here's another example:

So lets say alliance (Wolfpack for example) has [a few] planets under attack at the same time and 1 of them would be a top100 player who's set loads of time & effort into game.....

... and then they realise they can't cover their biggest planet, so he goes into vacation mode, like a scared little girl, cos he just might lose some roids (and ships). Meanwhile, people who have been defending him all round and have helped him get to were he is are losing roids and ships everyday.

Now, wheres the comradery there?
And I'm sure u gathered all the intel by urselves without any help from ur allies...

What Parracida said sounded more like a casual flame to me, but I'm sure he's a great dude getting intel, dunno I don't know him any better he knows me nor Dragons. If u got anything more bad things to say about my ppl, u can just pm me whenever u feel like it instead of flaming it here, especially since u got nothing that backs up with ur statements (that goes for ParraCida)

And Scouse, if ur preferring to what happened to Smasher just before the ticks stopped I couldn't agree with u more about going to vac mode. I was prolly the first 1 to give him feedback on that. Those last days was hard on us, and both me and Jurgen went for a holiday for 3-4 days just when we was needed the most.

anyways I'm off for 2day... having a gathering with sum of my class m8s \o/ b33r, girliez.. who knows what's out there waiting =)

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ðragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 15:12   #86
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Re: Re: Re: Re: Zenith Update

Quote:

Killmark
You would have never, ever ever ever ever EVER been able to join titans.

ever.

edit: EVER

Last edited by ParraCida; 5 Mar 2003 at 15:18.
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 15:14   #87
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
Originally posted by lizardking
What Parracida said sounded more like a casual flame to me, but I'm sure he's a great dude getting intel, dunno I don't know him any better he knows me nor Dragons. If u got anything more bad things to say about my ppl, u can just pm me whenever u feel like it instead of flaming it here, especially since u got nothing that backs up with ur statements (that goes for ParraCida)
Dragons only defend dragons.
How do you get dragons memberlist? See who a few well known dragon planets defend. Why did we own dragons? We had their memberlist. How did we get their memberlist?

oh right.
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 18:24   #88
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Zenith Update

Quote:
You would have never, ever ever ever ever EVER been able to join titans.
you mean NEVER? :P

btw, there's nothing easier then faking to be someone else and getting in some alliances (didn't say Titans was one of those). But you get my point. You'll never be able to state that you know ALL the members in your alliance and their TRUE nickname if they faked it. it's easy to mark such things.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 19:33   #89
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Zenith Update

Quote:
btw, there's nothing easier then faking to be someone else and getting in some alliances (didn't say Titans was one of those). But you get my point. You'll never be able to state that you know ALL the members in your alliance and their TRUE nickname if they faked it. it's easy to mark such things.
It's called a recruitment policy so you keep the evil, unwanted and generally sh*te out.

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 20:05   #90
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Zenith Update

Quote:
It's called a recruitment policy so you keep the evil, unwanted and generally sh*te out.
heh, thx Scouse for TEACHING me all this ...

no seriously, no Recruitement policy is 100% safe. As a realistic person, scouse, you cannot deny the risk.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 20:13   #91
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
no seriously, no Recruitement policy is 100% safe. As a realistic person, scouse, you cannot deny the risk.
I agree but I think the Titans system was more secure than most though, an example of which was anti-vouching actually being taken seriously even without HC backing.

There was still a possibility that someone like Killmark might be able to slip through the net but on the internet it's not all that easy to identify people 100%, so I'd say it's possibly more due to problems with the medium than any fault with the policy.
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 20:31   #92
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
I think Parracida did a pretty nice job with intel. I remember even the freaking graphs and towards the end of the round nearly all the dragons were red. Hell the week before that there was like a 16k roid loss from fury <fang/adelante mixed in due to all the mixed recruiting>
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 20:33   #93
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Axis_WLF
I remember even the freaking graphs
* Scouse bows to Ado and his 'Atlas'

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 20:44   #94
Axis_WLF

ya that was muy impressive
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 21:39   #95
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahriman
I agree but I think the Titans system was more secure than most though, an example of which was anti-vouching actually being taken seriously even without HC backing.

There was still a possibility that someone like Killmark might be able to slip through the net but on the internet it's not all that easy to identify people 100%, so I'd say it's possibly more due to problems with the medium than any fault with the policy.
ofc the medium is never 100% trustable, when we talk about the internet. And I'm not here to question Titans recruitement cause I seriously have no clue how scouse and co managed it.
But I know, from experience, that every human being makes mistakes and can "sometimes" be mislead by false promises, false identity, false "friendlyness" etc.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 21:47   #96
Axis_WLF

false: anything in the dictionary has a big pic of killmark in it.
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 23:38   #97
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
ofc the medium is never 100% trustable, when we talk about the internet. And I'm not here to question Titans recruitement cause I seriously have no clue how scouse and co managed it.
But I know, from experience, that every human being makes mistakes and can "sometimes" be mislead by false promises, false identity, false "friendlyness" etc.

rgds Kj
Well its not as if you can connect to a bouncer, make up a story and 'get into titans'. Firstly you need several vouches, then your story must not seem fishy. Personally I'd like to check the ID number on pa net see how recent the nick is, then theres always a trial period etc etc.
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 01:11   #98
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
, though it was funny to see Titans who left for MDK begging to be let back in before thr round ever started.

i remember that,and i cant say there was so many from titans that joined MDK,i can think of 1 man and that was zeno.
there was however many that joined MDK from legion when they disolved and then later joined titans. MDK was at 1 point looking very good but some of the ppl in charge wrecked it and there is no secret that killmark and his bad reputation was 1 of many reasons.
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 01:31   #99
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Well its not as if you can connect to a bouncer, make up a story and 'get into titans'. Firstly you need several vouches, then your story must not seem fishy. Personally I'd like to check the ID number on pa net see how recent the nick is, then theres always a trial period etc etc.
maybe not that easy, though I wouldn't call it impossible that easy either. finding vouchers ain't really hard imo, even if you're new.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Mar 2003, 03:30   #100
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
maybe not that easy, though I wouldn't call it impossible that easy either. finding vouchers ain't really hard imo, even if you're new.
I disagree with this, as a relative newbie in r3 would have been impossible for me to join Legion, Fury or RB (and I wasn't so hot on my botmaking skillz ). The only difference between then and now is that new players are probably being introduced to PA by current players (I know I just got 2 new players to sign up for r9). So perhaps this is the climate in which it becomes easy to enter that aspect of the community. My point being that if you know someone who's 'in' then it's a lot easier to get 'in' yourself.

As soon as you're into one relatively large alliance you have a massive increase in potential for joining others, but to enter that first alliance is a lot more difficult than you suggest, a lot of it is luck; ie. who you get to know in your galaxy/cluster etc. and that's where full random galaxies could speed up the process of bringing more new players into large alliances. That's a little off-topic though.