User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 15 Jan 2003, 15:05   #51
-o|DarkJedi|o-

-o|DarkJedi|o- is infamous around these parts
the standard time for the world is GMT

i see no reason why that shouldn't stick for the universe too!

<@JonnyFive> well there you go, dj's ego really is mightier than ships

<@Hevonen> DarkJedi, thank god

[00:02] <Iniluki> self glorfying sigs are ****ing childish
[00:04] <DarkJedi> arrogance is bliss
-o|DarkJedi|o- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 16:37   #52
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by jaxmax
that doesn't really matter.... cos i THINK that there are more ppl in europe not sure though.... so flame at will
fairly certain there are i estimated (mentally) the population of all of North (and Central) American to be in the 400mil region... the population of the 3 biggest European countries alone is over 150mil (Germany, Italy and the UK) and there are many other countries including Russia... if you want to count Russia as European
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 16:39   #53
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
besides, after 3 years, i'm used to calculating times from CEST or CET to whatever British time it is (GMT/BST); it's (of course) simply -1 hour... i don't know about other people who've played as long as i have, but i'd probably end up launching an hour early or somethin...
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 01:21   #54
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

WST is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Neferti
besides, after 3 years, i'm used to calculating times from CEST or CET to whatever British time it is (GMT/BST); it's (of course) simply -1 hour... i don't know about other people who've played as long as i have, but i'd probably end up launching an hour early or somethin...
i'm with you there mate

there's no real reason they should change, it's even worse for people who are 4 or 5 hours out, and have to adjust
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 02:00   #55
Sun Pin

Sun Pin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Anakin
Makes no sens to change the CEST tradition, its part of planetarion.
Sun Pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 02:08   #56
Sun Pin

Sun Pin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Anakin
Makes no sens to change the CEST tradition, its part of planetarion.
Sun Pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 02:29   #57
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
CEST region is a bigger market than GMT so why change unless they expect to attract a lot more players from GMT region .
GMT = accepted base time the world over (and is basically 'internet time' - Linux servers are frequently set to use GMT, and only locally modify the displayed time dependant on user prefs).
PA = international, web based.

Who actually lives in the base time area is irrelevant; it's only 'convenient' for British people half of the year anyway (see below concerning Summertime alterations). Like it or not Greenwich Mean Time is the base time for the world, so where is the logic in using a mere local time? (before anyone answers "the creators are from Norway" - don't.)

To everyone saying "don't change from CEST", why exactly are you only refering to the summer version of the time? Whatever is chosen, they should stick to only the winter time so that idiotic timer alterations don't affect the game.

I also think it's a bad idea to allow user preferences to alter the chosen time - it makes for complications in organisation, which BC's can do without.

Edit: Please note that I don't actually care that much whether it's CET or GMT; entering an arguement about timezones without the slightest bit of thought is absurd, though - there is a far better arguement for GMT (and not fking BST, ever). Failing to acknowledge that is plain stupidity. The "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" type reply is a rather uninspiring, too.

Oh, and it's spelt "Britannia." Being patriotic while not having the respect to spell the object of your affection correctly is quite absurd.

Last edited by Ahriman; 16 Jan 2003 at 02:59.
Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 18:44   #58
LORD-NIKO
Horny *******

LORD-NIKO is an unknown quantity at this point
what??

i want CEST
if not i quit
and start spam mail u guys!

british players r the biggest group? LOL
heard of SCANDINAVIA?
and we use CEST
Round 2: 77:18 (SL/LOST)
Round 3: 30:4 (TC)
Round 4: 170:17 (Knights)
Round 5: 35:23:12 (DTA)
Round 6: 8:17:3 (Silver/Ely/VtS)
Round 7: 29:21:3 (RaH Founder)
Round 8: 43:8:4 (RaH HC)
Round 9: 1:4:8 (RaH HC)
Round9.5: 26:5:9 (RaH HC)
----------------------------------------------

Last edited by LORD-NIKO; 16 Jan 2003 at 18:53.
LORD-NIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 19:23   #59
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Scaggydo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: what??

Quote:
Originally posted by LORD-NIKO
i want CEST
if not i quit
and start spam mail u guys!

british players r the biggest group? LOL
heard of SCANDINAVIA?
and we use CEST

im not sure what to make of this, first i was gonna fire abuse, then pity.. now its just funny. lord-niko, tell me u were being sarcastic. for the love of god.

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
R1-nfi, R2-C4, R3-12:8:4, R4-140:15:1, R5-29:12:17, R6-27:13:2, R7-RL, R8-RL, R9-36:5:1, R9.5-Asleep
Scaggydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 21:33   #60
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough
make a poll ffs. Or stay with CEST.

and I have to agree LORD-NIKO

the amount of english and french player is nothing compared to the amount of dutch,german & scandinavian player!!
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 22:05   #61
LORD-NIKO
Horny *******

clearly

British+french = a few

be/ne/lux countries + germany..austria..switzerland
+ scandinavia beats the british peeps.

but the point is when spinner created this game he used CEST.
and then i hope u stick with CEST.
to change timezone with 1 hour = just SILLY!

agreed make a poll.

Focus on the game.. not the clock.
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 23:33   #62
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
Originally posted by genosse27
make a poll ffs. Or stay with CEST.

the amount of english and french player is nothing compared to the amount of dutch,german & scandinavian player!!
I'd like to see a link mentioning the stats that PA crew have on this, before being a twat and pretending to know what I'm talking about.

Wouldn't you?

Where did you get the idea that France wasn't on CET anyway? It was last time I visited.
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 00:52   #63
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Quote:
Originally posted by genosse27

what? ure gonna quit and spam us all..

am i missing a joke here or are you really acting 6 yrs old?

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
R1-nfi, R2-C4, R3-12:8:4, R4-140:15:1, R5-29:12:17, R6-27:13:2, R7-RL, R8-RL, R9-36:5:1, R9.5-Asleep
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 15:08   #64
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

I couldn't care less what time zone they use. I just pray they complete the implementation of the tick counter by putting PT in News entries. Then the smart people can use PT (no more guessing if someone launched right before or right after the tick \o/)!
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 15:16   #65
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
RAWR

LONG LIVE CET!!!!

NORWAY>*
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 15:56   #66
Neferti
part time ghost

i remember seeing Spinner mention a few rounds ago that 40% of all players were from the UK... i can't see this changing by any drastic amount. Probably at least 30% still were in round 8... but if you really want to know, ask Zeus...

and if it ain't broke, why fix it? it'll only CONFUSE PEOPLE you prat
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 20:33   #67
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
and if it ain't broke, why fix it? it'll only CONFUSE PEOPLE you prat
Oh no, you mean all the stupid people would fail miserably? What a shame. I really don't think I could live with myself knowing that stupid people were getting a raw deal.

What the UK player base is, is irrelevant. The issue is not of geography but of compatibility - if *everything* else is worked out relative to GMT, then that's a damn good argument for switching to GMT.

And guess what? It is.

Conservatism is all very well if you have the intelligence to consider the facts properly and still maintain that the current method is the best, without that intelligence though conservatism ends up being stubborn ignorance.
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 20:41   #68
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Baco is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scaggydo
heh, does it realy matter? its not like ure ships are gonna be faster on CEST that BST now is it? and its not as though u will have to stay up an extra hr or anything.. its only an arbitrary standard fs. and if it does matter that much, well, GMT is the centre for world time..
I have GMT 0 however I still think that they should keep the CEST time....despite all of that, does it really matter?!

r4 - 133:25:?? PTA
r5 - 35:7:?? MI/ViruS/NoS/PTA
r6 - 21:7:4 NoS/PTA
r7 - 21:4:12 NoS/PTA
r8 - 25:5:9 NoS / Titans & Plush / PTA
r9 - 24:2:7 Olympians / PTA
WC4 - 1:6:4 winner gal
r9.5 - 42:7:8 & 11:2:25 & 19:2:16 Olympians / PTA / Plush
r10 - XX:YY:ZZ RaH!
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 22:11   #69
Neferti
part time ghost

i don't appreciate being called stupid just cos i have some common sense, ta. You must be one of these people who loves change for the sake of change. I am NOT a Conservative. Yet.
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 22:45   #70
Nem3sis
Planetarion Radio DJ

Nem3sis is an unknown quantity at this point
howz about adding a poll to this thread?

p.s. GMT is betta thats the basic time zone neways all the others are a + or - from GMT
Nem3sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 00:15   #71
Neferti
part time ghost

does that include 'BST'?
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 05:00   #72
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
does that include 'BST'?
BST is GMT + 1

CET is GMT + 1

CEST is GMT + 2

In the summer time, Britain uses daylight saving time, just like the rest of Europe, and it is called BST British Summer Time.

In Winter we use GMT Grenwhich Mean Time.

Europe in Summer uses CEST Central European Summer Time

Europe in Winter uses CET Central European Time

So therefore Europe is always 1 hour ahead of Britain (give or take a the odd week when time changes are done)

It does not matter what "Time" is used for the game, it is irellevant.

Just use Tick count to arrange launches etc...

ie: Arrange attacks on the basis of Launch at tick # not at a specific time.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 16:40   #73
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
Originally posted by Judge
Just use Tick count to arrange launches etc...

ie: Arrange attacks on the basis of Launch at tick # not at a specific time.
I still think this is a bad idea. It's far too useful to be able to tell people "be online at 4:30 every day for target picking" to totally remove an arbitrary time system from the game. You'd have to say "today we launch at tick 345, we'll be using the same time every day so just keep adding 24 to that number and you're sorted".

It doesn't take into account that the game may go down and continue at some other time, and makes the job of a BC hard (having to explain to stupid people that can't figure it out). Note that I am concerned about the BC, not the stupid people.

An in-game clock is a requirement.
What time that clock uses doesn't really matter; it just makes more sense to use GMT.
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 16:44   #74
Neferti
part time ghost

Quote:
blah time blah
you miss the point... BST is still one hour ahead of GMT, regardless of whether CET/CEST is one hour ahead of the UK

if you still don't understand, don't worry about it! i was just being daft anyway...
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 02:43   #75
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
too many ppl are used to CEST. Despite me living in the uk i cant see the point in the clock being changed, if its not broke, dont fix it?
-Necro
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 02:51   #76
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Personally CEST is almost easier for working in PA. Everyone refers to it as CEST regardless.

Maybe the move to GMT would be sensible for R10, since PA is now UK based and the changes proposed for R10 would make such a radical change seem to be appropriate at that juncture, rather for R9 which seems to be more a last gasp for the old regime than a breath of new life and new ideas :/
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 04:26   #77
MelAn
Condenación

MelAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
[...]To be honest what time zone the game is played in makes very little difference to me although I'd like to stick to CEST just out of tradition.[...]
*Agree*

Besides why discuss it? Just make a poll, problem solved.
R4: 55:8:23 Selenia the Dark Angel of Urborg of Dominaria ( NoS)
R5: 24:12:5 MelAncholic Angel of Condemnation (NoS)
R6: 21:5:10 Cursed Visionary of True Faith (NoS)
R7: 9:19:9 Fragrance of Your Skin (NoS/Bunnies)
R8: 3:5:4 Cursed Hands of Devotion (Fury/Bunnies)
R9: 18:2:4 Infernal Memories of Humiliation (Eclipse/Bunnies)
--------------------
MelAncholic
...criticism is the root of all progress
MelAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 05:26   #78
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by MelAn
Besides why discuss it? Just make a poll, problem solved.
No--haven't you been following the overburn discussions? First they'd have to announce that it won't be changed, then run a poll, then change it again.

But seriously, in keeping with the spirit of a space game, I think they should use Martian Time (MT). In Martian Time, each "day" would be approximately 24 hours, 40-odd minutes long. The "extra" time would be accomodated by inserting approximately 100 additional seconds right before each tick--right where they needed the most (think how many times we've all just missed the tick)!

Of course the martian hours would be out of sync with terrestial hours, but this would actually offer some important advantages. Consider the prime attacking hours: 3-5 am. They would arrive ~40 minutes later each night; and while this would initially be inconvenient, they would soon migrate to the much more convenient mid-morning, afternoon and finally prime evening hours , eventually arriving back at their early morning time after a period of about 37 days. This would allow everyone--no matter which time zone they were in or what their work/school schedule was--to participate in attacks and defenses equally! Any advantages or disadvantages that might come from being awake or asleep at certain hours would be shared equally amongst all players.

If you think about it, MT is an ideal time zone that would be fair for everyone.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 10:17   #79
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Let the timezone be set freely by the players. If alliances expect that causes troubles organising then they should direct their members to adjust their timesetting to the alliance standard time setting wheather that be CEST or EST or whatever.

Mayby if an alliance is part of the game it could even force it members to use the alliance standard timezone.

hAl
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 10:39   #80
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Quote:
i remember seeing Spinner mention a few rounds ago that 40% of all players were from the UK... i can't see this changing by any drastic amount. Probably at least 30% still were in round 8... but if you really want to know, ask Zeus...
I seem to recall ~1/3 players were from the UK, and 20-25% from the USA, Scandinavia came in third. That doesn't necessarily mean that there are more players in the GMT timezone or the CE(S)T one, only PA records could tell that. At least it spares us any US timezones.

Quote:
Arrange attacks on the basis of Launch at tick # not at a specific time.
Some of us can't live at our computers 24/7, hell, some of us even have to have jobs etc. I personally almost never look at PT, I only recall using it around the summer time clock changes (damn those farmers, why can't they just get up earlier?). I image that a lot of launched would be c0cked up if we used PT over any time measurement, be it whatever timezone.

I personally would like to see GMT used as I live in the UK, but that's totally understandable. I'm sure people from different timezones feel just the same about theirs.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 14:01   #81
Neferti
part time ghost

[quote]Originally posted by RealJames
[b]I seem to recall ~1/3 players were from the UK, and 20-25% from the USA, Scandinavia came in third. That doesn't necessarily mean that there are more players in the GMT timezone or the CE(S)T one, only PA records could tell that. At least it spares us any US timezones.

think about it... even taking lower limits of your stats, 67% of people for CERTAIN were not in CET timezone... meaning at the very least, everyone in CET totalled 33% of players, ie equal to the UK - and that's forgetting about all the other non-US/UK/Western European timezons...

plus don't forget, i think Portugal is on GMT too

therefore GMT was most popular timezone

not that it matters, i agree with the guy that said if you're going to change to GMT, at least do it in round 10 not round 9
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 20:32   #82
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
clearly just stick with what it was... heh why bother changing it?:/
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 20:40   #83
kombi
Proud Urwin

kombi is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry CEST CEST CEST!!

on behalf of TheVoid and me...

GIVE US BACK OUR CEST!!!

(or at least let the players decide through an official poll)
kombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 20:46   #84
Glimer

Glimer is an unknown quantity at this point
asked to 2

[20:52] <kombi> glimmer
[20:52] <kombi> need ur input
[20:52] <kombi> post on the pa forums
[20:52] <kombi> http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...69#post2333869
[20:52] <kombi> there
[20:52] <Glimmer> and i got to say wut ?
[20:52] <kombi> say the CEST Rox
[20:53] <kombi> and that GMT lieks boys

so guys
cest rox
and gmt lieks boyz

OwNaGe!

btw,stupid name of mine but Glimmer was taken! so i had to change something!bah!
Glimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 20:48   #85
TNX
^_°

TNX is an unknown quantity at this point
CEST! GMT is for stupid ppl from an island.
rd4: 3:12:11 [ToT]
rd5: 34:22:3 [ToT]
rd6: 36:9:12 / 22:17:5 [ToT]
rd7: 22:23:8 / 7:12:11 [ToT]
rd8: 33:2:1 [Fury] / [ToT]
rd9: 37:8:8 [ToT]
rd9.5: 14:9:5 [ToT]
rd 10: 16:5:10 [ToT]
rd10.5: farming rps in emain.
rd11: 22:6:8 (deleted on request) []LCH[]
rd12: uhm no.
rd13: maybe

^_° TNX|away
TNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 20:51   #86
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by TNX
CEST! GMT is for stupid ppl from an island.
This island is where the game is based.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 20:51   #87
CokeLight

CokeLight is an unknown quantity at this point
CEST Why bother changing?
CokeLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 20:53   #88
CokeLight

CokeLight is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by RealJames
This island is where the game is based.
Would suck if Spinner overslept because he mixed times, wouldnt it? He still lived in Norway last time I checked
CokeLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 21:09   #89
Flameb0y
PvN

Flameb0y is an unknown quantity at this point
fs

CEST back! GMT sucks

Round 1 - n00b?
Round 2 - 24:19:*
Round 3 - 33:13:*
Round 4 - 29:21:9
Round 5 - 17:14:11
Round 6 - 31:23:11
Round 7 - 2:4:11

Now talking in #mdk
<Adeptus> :>
<Logbat> here is the l33t speed hillbilly
*** Logbat sets mode: +v Adeptus

- Potesta Vitae Necisque -
Flameb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 21:12   #90
TeK
I Dislike carDi

TeK has a spectacular aura aboutTeK has a spectacular aura about
KEEP CEST!! I DONT KNOW HOW TO COUNT WITH -5 :|||
TeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 21:14   #91
Mtyd
Youngest ViruS Member!!

Mtyd is an unknown quantity at this point
GMT, or CEST, i dont really care..

Had a thought that PA could make up their own time?!
Round 4: n00b 243:8:24
Round 5: NoThere
Round 6: NoThere
Round 7: vVv
Round 8: [=V=]
Round 9: [=V=] 20:10:1
Round 9.5: SpaceHamsters 12:3:9
Round 10: ViolatorS
Mtyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 21:20   #92
chandler
Plushie

chandler is an unknown quantity at this point
cest all the way :> gmt is baad
r2: 18:12:4 [RB]
r3: 10:24:2 [VtS]
r4: 290:25:6 [VtS]
r5: 28:24:1 [VtS]
r6: no play
r7: no play
r8: 56:4:8 [Titans] [Plush]
chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 21:22   #93
Rommel

Rommel is an unknown quantity at this point
jolt servers r based in uk so id imagine all their servers would be gmt
when it was in norway their servers were in cest
funny coincidence how those timezones were the ones that those countries r in?

live with it u whinging european ponces
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 21:48   #94
Ladybug

Ladybug is an unknown quantity at this point
Well after reading all this, I have to agree it would be a big pain. But truthfully I think they should do a poll on CEST or GMT. Then go with the results. Clearly everyone who's been playing PA for sometime will agree that all is use to CEST.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 21:51   #95
Chippeh
Void of Sarcasm

Chippeh is an unknown quantity at this point
:p

I think EST or MST would be awesome

but no one cares what Chippeh thinks...

(btw, CEST > GTM, just cause it's always been CEST :/)
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 22:39   #96
InTGuRu
I love Kwon Boa

InTGuRu is an unknown quantity at this point
kombi is mean

cest rar

[19:36:04] <Vaporizer> he is re-assuring isn't he...you can always think 'at least you're not intguru'

[15:02:56] <Newt|revising> ive got u in my siggy InTGuRu!!!!!!!
[15:03:00] <Newt|revising> u shud return the favour
InTGuRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 22:49   #97
LORD-NIKO
Horny *******

cest

CEST is the soul of planetarion.

CEST r superiour to GMT...

Scandinavia....holland...germany...austria...swiss+++++

why change timezone just cause the creators r UK?

+ change the time 1 hour..
its really silly...
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 23:16   #98
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
I vote for U.S. - EST
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 23:46   #99
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
clearly just stick with what it was... heh why bother changing it?:/
*sigh

cheers for bringin this thread back from the dead..

this thread just breeds arguements with no outcome about which all parties can agree. its either one or the other. theres no reason why one is better than the other, just opinions cos its more handy for you..

end of the day its up the the creators to make a decision and then we like it or lump it, but theres no justified reason for one over the other.

someone kill this thread

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 23:57   #100
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
(|) <- rats ass I dont give one what time zone its based in

lets go with ozzy time just to annoy the rest of you's

Edit forgot a o :\

Last edited by Sirad; 28 Feb 2003 at 00:07.
Sirad is offline   Reply With Quote