User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Jan 2003, 17:39   #1
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
What's the big Deal anyway ???

NOTE: this is a personal view from me, myself and only I. I do NOT represent an alliance nor any group or galaxy and like I said, this is subjective.
Also this isn't aimed at someone personally, eventhough I'll probably use some nicks, I promise you that none of what I'll say are critics at someone personal.

What's the big deal about blocking anyway? Blocking or powerblocking, what's the problem? why do you(and I) keep whining about it?

I'll try to explain my view on all this.

Blocking has existed since the first ticks of PA till the last. Atfirst it was very minor, hardly noticable. pple formed alliances to team up together, that you could consider as the first block, yes the creation of an alliance.

It has been like this since the beginning and we've whined about it for ages and look, still blocking ...

Some pple really consider blocking wrong and ruining the game and such.L I find utter crap.

Why are there galaxies?
Why are there cluster and parallells?
Why are there battlegroups?
Why are there alliances who nap or ally?

1 answer for all --> STRONGER TOGETHER THEN ALONE.

Is that really that hard to understand? Everything we do in this game is making sure we, our group, our friends are STRONGER then the rest. Cause let's face it, this game is about killing other planets and in the end being #1 or as strong as possible. This all while having fun ofcourse.

So imo blocking isn't bad. Some pple find alliances that go solo very nobel. I find RaH (as an example) very nobel aswell, but hell they will get exactly the same respect from me then any alliance that blocked. ONLY when an alliance that went solo can claim to win a round, then I'd have more respect.

Another arguement some pple use is that blocking ruins the round cause it creates stagnation. again, LIVE WITH IT !!!
I wanna ask any alliance HC whether he wants to SACREFIZE his chances for being the best alliance just so the rest won't whine about stagnation?

Would Scouse have said "yes let's not be good this round and well prepared just so the rest stops whining about stagnation"? I really don't think so. Did any Fury exec think that during r7. or fos during r6, wtf during r5 .... ????

History shows us that the winning alliance is "mostly" happy how the round went and the losing alliance whines about blocking and stagnation. Try to imagine the other position and then realize you'd react EXACTLY the same.

Last thing I wanna comment on. I see pple like Hicks and Webangel and Viper etc flame at eachother, insult eachother and accusing one's alliance or block for every little thing.

you are BOTH as guilty or as innoscent. Yes the one who gets reveiled first seems to be the bad guy, but lets just all think about this. You really think the OTHER alliances didn't had the slightest talk or discussion of relation while the other block got reveiled?
I have been Hc of various alliances in 5 rounds so I know very well how it goes. You have talks with a dozen of alliances, alot unofficial chats etc for "just in case" scenario's ...

So stop accusing others for starting it, cause it's not true nway and instead stop using it as an excuse why you formed a block aswell. Which imo is NOTHING wrong about.

And nothing or nobody will EVER be able to stop the blocking unless PA crews forces us to, which I hardly doubt they'll ever succeed in (but doesn't mean they can't try ).

This all is meant to everyone in general and nobody particular. I'd like to see pple responding who wanna share their visions on this or discuss my vision. I don't want whiners who tell me that I **** and stuff like that.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 17:41   #2
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
amen.
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 17:43   #3
bagg
Stoppit

bagg is an unknown quantity at this point
far to much text

shortened for u kj - 'STOP WHINInG U STUPID GIRLY TOSSERS'
bagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 17:49   #4
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: What's the big Deal anyway ???

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
Last thing I wanna comment on. I see pple like Hicks and Webangel and Viper etc flame at eachother, insult eachother and accusing one's alliance or block for every little thing.

you are BOTH as guilty or as innoscent. Yes the one who gets reveiled first seems to be the bad guy, but lets just all think about this. You really think the OTHER alliances didn't had the slightest talk or discussion of relation while the other block got reveiled?
I have been Hc of various alliances in 5 rounds so I know very well how it goes. You have talks with a dozen of alliances, alot unofficial chats etc for "just in case" scenario's ...
What am I guilty of starting ? I'm allianceless In fact I've never had anything to do with alliance politics Imy sphere of interest has always been military orientated. The only person I ever "flame" Viper because he's a moron and it's easy to make him look stupid.

What exactly do people want discussed on Alliance Discussions ? Everyone to moans when there are no posts on the boards but then when people posting about the current situation everyone say's that the posting needs to be stopped ?

Personally I've never disliked blocks of alliance, in fact quite the contrary, however the first side to create a block always has and always will be demonised as the bad guys you posting this thread is hardly going to change that. Just join in it's quite funny watching Viper and Sir_Kon tell everyone how many times they've given toys to the orphanage this month and how nice ViruS are.

Last edited by Hicks; 16 Jan 2003 at 18:03.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 17:52   #5
Lord_Dain

Quote:
I promise you that none of what I'll say are critics at someone personal.
shut up hicks

[edit] added smilie
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 17:53   #6
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: What's the big Deal anyway ???

Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
What am I guilty of starting ? I'm allianceless In fact I've never had anything to do with alliance politics Imy sphere of interest has always been military orientated.

The only person I ever "flame" Viper because he's a moron and it's easy to make him look stupid.
hicks, like I said, this wasn't meant to anyone personally and I just took your discussion with WA and viper from the AD threads to set an example. I will not accuse nor judge you, sorry if that msg didn't came over as it should.

I hope you understand what I was trying to state

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 16 Jan 2003, 17:53   #7
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
I agree with Kj

* Rob looks out of his window to take a picture of the herd of pigs flying past
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 18:17   #8
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'd like to see pple responding who wanna share their visions on this or discuss my vision.
Well I would but I've done that on every other thread on the same subject.

I generally agree with what's been said.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 18:34   #9
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I can see where your comming from. And no doubt if i felt differently would agree.

But as you yourself stated, its your opinion and my posts are also based on mine, and no doubt if we all had the same maturity u have then perhaps the slagning maches would become more refined. Heh and we may even achive something, alas though this is not the case and this forum will be used for little more than ego boasting arguments fueled to put across peoples PR and "1337ness".

I'll keep on whining, while i still have this account, and i still have my opinion.

Good post mate though.

-Necro
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 18:50   #10
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally posted by Teh_Necro
I can see where your comming from. And no doubt if i felt differently would agree.

But as you yourself stated, its your opinion and my posts are also based on mine, and no doubt if we all had the same maturity u have then perhaps the slagning maches would become more refined. Heh and we may even achive something, alas though this is not the case and this forum will be used for little more than ego boasting arguments fueled to put across peoples PR and "1337ness".

I'll keep on whining, while i still have this account, and i still have my opinion.

Good post mate though.

-Necro
heh thx, don't worry I'll whine about every other PA aspect nway

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 16 Jan 2003, 19:33   #11
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
There's nothing bad about trying (making sure) that "your" side is stronger thna your "enemy". Really. Understandable that there exist ppl who don't like to "loose" a game.
On the other hand there might occur a situation, where one "side" is so much stronger than their "enemies" that they could claim they have defeated him. In the best case, this happens when the game ends (or vice-versa). But in most cases, there's no such perfect timing. Hence there are two options for the stronger side - 1. switch over to another "war", search for new "enemies" and a new challenge or 2. enjoy the created "stagnation".
Sadly, the second option is something that most ppl hate. For the winning side, this means pure boredom. For the losing side this means being bashed and kicked around by bored ppl who fish for targets at the bottom of the 20% limit...
Why ppl chose option 2 over 1? Fear. Excuse is "We have to serve our members. We are responsible for them enjoying the game." Now I ask - taking this statement serious (which is a bit ridiculous - everyone is responsible for his/her own actions/fun) - would that not mean that option 1 MUST be taken then?

But again - nothing bad on the fact of several alliances teaming up with each other. That is not the bad thing. The bad thing is not "powerblocking". The bad thing is what to do with the rest of the time after the "powerblock-war" is over. And the PA-community fears that it could be another R5/7. And then it absolutely does not matter which side had won...

Just my two cents (like stated many many times before)
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 19:34   #12
Kobalt

very good statements, kjeldoran
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 11:34   #13
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
The only person I ever "flame" Viper because he's a moron and it's easy to make him look stupid.
You should set yourself higher targets, setting targets that low really can't be good for your self esteem

Ofc blocking will always be there, whining about it won't change a thing, what really matters in this game is our 1337ness, and how effective our PR efforts are.

That's one thing I'd complain about actually; I think that far too much attention is being diverted from alliance 1337ness ratings and wasted on whining about blocking - don't you people understand just how crucially important 1337ness is?
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 11:38   #14
tyriel
humble ex-n00b

tyriel is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: What's the big Deal anyway ???

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahriman
That's one thing I'd complain about actually; I think that far too much attention is being diverted from alliance 1337ness ratings and wasted on whining about blocking - don't you people understand just how crucially important 1337ness is?
if people could include their perceived 1337nesss rating at the start of each post it would make not reading these forums a lot easier. sometimes you have to go a whole sentence before the ole' leetness indicator kicks in.

wrong - its a democracy - and the majority disagree with you.
tyriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 11:42   #15
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Too long a post to read it. Just want too mention that most people here were just waiting for a reason to start using this forum activly again and a good old propeganda war is just the thing to do that. Everybody just needs a few posts under the belt to practise again for r9 and to set a nice mood.

I couldn't care less about who blocks with who as long as the round will be interesting (unlikely as that may be). I just posted a bit to see more posts and to see what everybody is doing at the moment as being a bit less on IRC my intell is really poor if nobody posts anything here. And off course I posted to promote the MaViOly acronym which I think is really a lot better than VOM !!!

Oops did I do that again now ?

hAl
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 19:23   #16
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally posted by Lerxst
There's nothing bad about trying (making sure) that "your" side is stronger thna your "enemy". Really. Understandable that there exist ppl who don't like to "loose" a game.
On the other hand there might occur a situation, where one "side" is so much stronger than their "enemies" that they could claim they have defeated him. In the best case, this happens when the game ends (or vice-versa). But in most cases, there's no such perfect timing. Hence there are two options for the stronger side - 1. switch over to another "war", search for new "enemies" and a new challenge or 2. enjoy the created "stagnation".
Sadly, the second option is something that most ppl hate. For the winning side, this means pure boredom. For the losing side this means being bashed and kicked around by bored ppl who fish for targets at the bottom of the 20% limit...
Why ppl chose option 2 over 1? Fear. Excuse is "We have to serve our members. We are responsible for them enjoying the game." Now I ask - taking this statement serious (which is a bit ridiculous - everyone is responsible for his/her own actions/fun) - would that not mean that option 1 MUST be taken then?

But again - nothing bad on the fact of several alliances teaming up with each other. That is not the bad thing. The bad thing is not "powerblocking". The bad thing is what to do with the rest of the time after the "powerblock-war" is over. And the PA-community fears that it could be another R5/7. And then it absolutely does not matter which side had won...

Just my two cents (like stated many many times before)
heh, I just stated my opinion about blocking. Ofc I realize the boredness that comes with stagnation but I think instead of whining about the INEVIDABLE we should just accept it, try to have fun and see how it goes.
I mean, if you can't play with blocks or they ruined the game for you, I just found the best solution ever .... QUIT THE GAME !!!

(btw that was in general again)

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jan 2003, 19:42   #17
Lerxst
baka.

Quote:
heh, I just stated my opinion about blocking. Ofc I realize the boredness that comes with stagnation but I think instead of whining about the INEVIDABLE we should just accept it, try to have fun and see how it goes.
I mean, if you can't play with blocks or they ruined the game for you, I just found the best solution ever .... QUIT THE GAME !!!

(btw that was in general again)

rgds Kj
Boredom is NOT inevitable. We all can do something against it. Everyone. Ofc different ppl have different possible options. HCs can do other things than an unaffiliated lowbie. So far - agreed? Thx. As stated above, I did not "whine" about anything but just sayed the obvious - blocking is not bad per se. The thing that makes it harder or easier to have fun are the actions a block takes after to block-war is over. In R7 the block-war turned out badly for me. Since I am just a dumb n00b, I was not in the position to do anything "great". So me and my galaxy found other methods to be entertained than maybe you.
I only stated that in my opinion, it is better for everyone, even for the block which has won, to find another challenge than just to sit on the roids and whine over the 20%-limit. But as history tought us, most HCs fear that the tides might turn too badly against them. And they fear when going up against each other (block-internal), they could not do it in sportsmanship but develop personal vendettas by doing so. Also mixed galaxy also add some spice to it that they don't like to taste. This is understandable and lies in the human nature.

Be assured - the times the game was "ruined" for me, I did not bother to log in. Be assured that whining is something I will do over important things. And be assured that reading my above post again and properly would not harm.
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 20:41   #18
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally posted by Lerxst
Boredom is NOT inevitable. We all can do something against it. Everyone. Ofc different ppl have different possible options. HCs can do other things than an unaffiliated lowbie. So far - agreed? Thx. As stated above, I did not "whine" about anything but just sayed the obvious - blocking is not bad per se. The thing that makes it harder or easier to have fun are the actions a block takes after to block-war is over. In R7 the block-war turned out badly for me. Since I am just a dumb n00b, I was not in the position to do anything "great". So me and my galaxy found other methods to be entertained than maybe you.
I only stated that in my opinion, it is better for everyone, even for the block which has won, to find another challenge than just to sit on the roids and whine over the 20%-limit. But as history tought us, most HCs fear that the tides might turn too badly against them. And they fear when going up against each other (block-internal), they could not do it in sportsmanship but develop personal vendettas by doing so. Also mixed galaxy also add some spice to it that they don't like to taste. This is understandable and lies in the human nature.

Be assured - the times the game was "ruined" for me, I did not bother to log in. Be assured that whining is something I will do over important things. And be assured that reading my above post again and properly would not harm.
heh, I meant the stagnation and the blocking is INEVIDABLE, not the boredness

and again, I didn't aim this at you personally, just in general

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jan 2003, 21:04   #19
Lerxst
baka.

Quote:
heh, I meant the stagnation and the blocking is INEVIDABLE, not the boredness
Still I would say that the "stagnation"-part is not 100% inevitable. It still is more in the hands of the responsible HCs then the "blocking" part. Stagnation occurs when noone does anything against it. I understand the pressure on the HCs but still they *could* do something against it.

Quote:
and again, I didn't aim this at you personally, just in general
Sorry if I got you wrong... ^^;;;
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 15:49   #20
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
I agree with Kj

* Rob looks out of his window to take a picture of the herd of pigs flying past
A portent of things to come, surely.

Jester
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 19:20   #21
LORD-NIKO
Horny *******

LORD-NIKO is an unknown quantity at this point

Indeed
Round 2: 77:18 (SL/LOST)
Round 3: 30:4 (TC)
Round 4: 170:17 (Knights)
Round 5: 35:23:12 (DTA)
Round 6: 8:17:3 (Silver/Ely/VtS)
Round 7: 29:21:3 (RaH Founder)
Round 8: 43:8:4 (RaH HC)
Round 9: 1:4:8 (RaH HC)
Round9.5: 26:5:9 (RaH HC)
----------------------------------------------
LORD-NIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 22:26   #22
Sn0w

Sn0w is an unknown quantity at this point
nice post kj

#aus
Sn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 22:47   #23
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Well I guess the one good thing about rd 9 is that finally people are starting to accept that blocks are a natural formation for this game and arent themselves the problems with this game, and arent the result of evil people.

There were very real conditions that ruined rounds in the past, and it seems teh community is a solid step forward in recognizing that.

Then again I can just give the response that I always got when I suggested this.

YOU ARE JUST A GREEDY COWARD
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 22:52   #24
Patrician
Sultan of Swing

Patrician is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Well I guess the one good thing about rd 9 is that finally people are starting to accept that blocks are a natural formation for this game and arent themselves the problems with this game, and arent the result of evil people.
Aye just greedy cowards.

Ah...

BlueTuba
Patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 00:23   #25
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W

There were very real conditions that ruined rounds in the past, and it seems teh community is a solid step forward in recognizing that.

Then again I can just give the response that I always got when I suggested this.

YOU ARE JUST A GREEDY COWARD
lol, didn't know you were still alive germ

btw, ofc it's not because of the evil pple that blocks are formed, hence my thread, but on the other hand it always feels nice to blame Fury execs for it (joking)

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 10 Feb 2003, 00:44   #26
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: What's the big Deal anyway ???

Quote:
lol, didn't know you were still alive germ
I was cold turkey for a while. But then Zhil got me looking at the forums again.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 00:46   #27
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Re: Re: Re: Re: What's the big Deal anyway ???

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
I was cold turkey for a while. But then Zhil got me looking at the forums again.
heh, it's like giving someone who quit smoking for 3 weeks another sig

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 10 Feb 2003, 05:39   #28
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: Re: Re: What's the big Deal anyway ???

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Right, tell the public why don't you :(((

Now I'm doomed :(

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote