User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 2 Nov 2002, 21:26   #1
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Makain is an unknown quantity at this point
Furgion

I entered Round 7 in the midst of heavy jargon and bitter aruging in the AD forums. I had heard Furgion had lost Round 6 and everyone was still sort of shocked in the beginning of Round 7 (which probably attributed to the stunning FLTV victory). Now when I went on IRC I often saw more people in #vts and #legion rooms then I saw in #fury. However, I saw a majority in the top 100 galaxies sported a menacing [Fury] tag. So my question here is which alliance proposed Furgion in the beginning and which one contributed to holding it together? I am told Synthetic Sid was a major attribute in organizing the entire venture, but someone else informed it was Legion's numbers that led to its success.
Makain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 21:34   #2
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
tbh, they're so many inaccuracies in the statment that it's just not worth me explaining...
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 21:39   #3
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Its my ignorance that I want cleared up.
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 21:44   #4
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

ok, furgion didn't exist last round..

the allies were Fury, Legion, Virus, Titans, ToT + various naps with FAnG and RaH (fury nap/ally). Collective name was FLTV. The last time Fury and Legion were only allied to each other was r3, but the alliance first came into effect sometime in r2. As to who made it, you got me.. the respective HC of Legion and Fury at the time i guess.

BUT, Furgion is never a term that was used by anyone else than n00bs complaining of bashing, often blaming "Furgion" when neither Fury or Legion was involved.

btw, this thread is going to create 1001 arguments

Last edited by Cicada; 2 Nov 2002 at 21:50.
Cicada is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 22:32   #5
N0VA
Your Nemesis and Beerg0d

N0VA is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada

BUT, Furgion is never a term that was used by anyone else than n00bs complaining of bashing, often blaming "Furgion" when neither Fury or Legion was involved.
Actually Furgion was used by pretty much everyone except Fury and Legion members. If I recall, there was even a "Furgion" forums, but I don't remember if that was just the nickname, or if it actually was the term for it.

Now, if you are going to extend your above argument, it would involve the suggestion that everyone not in Fury and Legion was just n00bs, which makes me wonder why you allied n00bs in round 6, and why you lost to even more n00bs.

It isn't this thread that is going to start arguments, it is arrogant comments such as yours that probably have little intent beyond inciting flames. Try the nice boy act again Cicada, at least then people can tolerate your words.

<Peacemaker1> you are projecting images that happen real. like if you were to get shot in a dream, you would wake up with a bullet hole through you
<Nova> that would suck
<RIT> yeh but It would rawk if you dreamt about lesbian orgies
<Peacemaker1> waking up in a pool of lubercant, and with dildo bruses all over. sure would
N0VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 23:05   #6
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Quote:
Originally posted by N0VA

Actually Furgion was used by pretty much everyone except Fury and Legion members. If I recall, there was even a "Furgion" forums, but I don't remember if that was just the nickname, or if it actually was the term for it.

i don't recall it ever being used anywhere but these boards, and i don't recall and Virus, Titans, etc members ever using the term. "Furgion" boards existed in r5, they were for the coloboration of Fury and Legion in ********** [edit] another game wich i can't name [/edit]. The only reason it got on here is that me, Zhil and Hobbie leaked a screenshot of it as a joke to test the reaction.

Quote:

Now, if you are going to extend your above argument, it would involve the suggestion that everyone not in Fury and Legion was just n00bs, which makes me wonder why you allied n00bs in round 6, and why you lost to even more n00bs.
i kinda get you, but the FoS/Xeta alliances didn't refer to it as Furgion, though i wasn't round that much, so i couldn't be sure.

Quote:

It isn't this thread that is going to start arguments, it is arrogant comments such as yours that probably have little intent beyond inciting flames. Try the nice boy act again Cicada, at least then people can tolerate your words.
what, arrogant comment? i was just stating a few facts. That you think everyone outside Fury and Legion called it Furgion makes it look as if i called everyone not in Fury and Legion n00bs, where that wasn't at all the fact. I was stating that noobs called it Furgion, cause they did. 99% of people referred to it as FTLV, and literally all alliance players named it this. The reason i brought this issue up in the first place was that i always hated the word Furgion, and pretty much resented it's use everywhere.
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 23:13   #7
RD-Chunky
Acquiesce

RD-Chunky is an unknown quantity at this point
Fugion, Fury and Legion, Furgion.

A merging of names. Does it matter?

They where allied, dunno exactly when, they had to strengthen the side with other allies, virus etc and thus the name furgion as a colective name didnt work anymore, hence fltvtvtv whatever.

If your referring to both fury and legion at once though its a useful abbreviation if your lazy.

etc.
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 23:14   #8
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
The only reason it got on here is that me, Zhil and Hobbie leaked a screenshot of it as a joke to test the reaction.
Still one of the best collaborations in a 'joke' I've ever had.

While we're on the overall topic (before it turns spammy heh), I'd like to know who the original (or 'main') architects of the original Fury and Legion alliance were?
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 23:43   #9
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Even tho I know Furgion is technically just Fury and Legion, I've always used it in reference to the entire block simply because people would understand me a lot more clearly then. FLTV was an inaccurate name, especially last round, as there were 2 F's, 2 T's, the L, the V, and an R, which doesn't spell FLTV :P

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 00:07   #10
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4

While we're on the overall topic (before it turns spammy heh), I'd like to know who the original (or 'main') architects of the original Fury and Legion alliance were?
I'd hazard a guess of the bot and the dog.

Jester
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 00:16   #11
Grendel

Grendel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4

Still one of the best collaborations in a 'joke' I've ever had.

rd2 aprox. 1 week after the attack on WaC/VtS
Fury : Sid, Ghengis, and a female Fury exec whos name I forgot :/
Legion : Kain, ECA and Grendel

Jester at the time eric still had a mild grudge against Fury
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 00:20   #12
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Grendel

Fury : Sid, Ghengis, and a female Fury exec whos name I forgot :/
Legion : Kain, ECA and Grendel

The one and only female Exec: Cyclone.

She was a right bitch. Torz can attest to this

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 00:34   #13
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Ah, 'twas before my time.

Jester
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 00:59   #14
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
im shocked grendel replied!
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 01:26   #15
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Axis_WLF
im shocked grendel replied!
Still, it's a testament to his knowledge. Thanks Grendelous.
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 01:43   #16
randal
boring

randal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to all
Quote:

attack on vts? i think i'm quite standing on the line there.. or just don't understand it right..
or do you mean furby had attacked wac+vts, and then we split, and allied with them... or whatever..
my memory isnt so fantastic i guess..
randal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 01:53   #17
Grendel

Grendel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by randal

attack on vts? i think i'm quite standing on the line there.. or just don't understand it right..
or do you mean furby had attacked wac+vts, and then we split, and allied with them... or whatever..
my memory isnt so fantastic i guess..
No a bunch of alliances ND/IPC/UFX/SK etc executed a 'huge' attack on WaC/VtS (they believed VtS was a trick at the time).

After Legion killed SK/UFX we wanted to hunt bigger prey, but WaC was still occupied with ND/IPC. So we turned somewhere else, hence the cooperation with Fury to attack BT.
The actuall alliance with Fury wasnt for a couple of weeks later though.

Hi randal btw.
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 01:53   #18
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
That you think everyone outside Fury and Legion called it Furgion makes it look as if i called everyone not in Fury and Legion n00bs, where that wasn't at all the fact. I was stating that noobs called it Furgion, cause they did. 99% of people referred to it as FTLV, and literally all alliance players named it this.
It's impressive the lengths people will go in order to spout indignant rubbish. It's part of what makes the human race as a whole quite comical, I think. Take www.thinkofthechildren.co.uk - great stuff.
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 03:03   #19
Ferox

Ferox is an unknown quantity at this point
The "Back in my time we..." threads acumulate infinite flow of responses.
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 03:11   #20
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:

The only reason it got on here is that me, Zhil and Hobbie leaked a screenshot of it as a joke to test the reaction.
That was funny, but very un-Exec like.

Bad me.

Additionally, FLTTV was the proper term :P

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 04:26   #21
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Synthetic Sid

So when did Synthetic Sid enter the picture, or was he not a part of forging Furgion and Legion?
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 04:41   #22
randal
boring

randal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to all
Re: Synthetic Sid

Quote:
Originally posted by Makain
So when did Synthetic Sid enter the picture, or was he not a part of forging Furgion and Legion?
is this a serious question or some humorous one or something?
synthesis sid was like the founder guy of furby.. from cluster 7 or something in round 1, and most of the rounds was the head of furby, who prolly had the last word in quite every important decision etc..
so, and as grendel said, he was of course there when the first real alliance between legion and furby was formed in round2..
randal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 06:15   #23
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
Hi Grendel,

I remember being in the channel when Legion and Fury first "officially" got together in round2. The first exec from fury to get there was actually Idler and we waited about an hour until Sid arrived later... maybe it was less but he was late and it seemed like an eternity but once he got there it was all business and he showed great organisational skills at that stage. From memory we divided the clusters into odd and even clusters for targets... Legion had the even and fury the odd numbers.

There are many other things I remember but that was the initial "official" meeting round 2. I was fortunate to be allowed to idle in the HC/exec channel for the rest of the round and met many talented people.
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 06:36   #24
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
aye i remember the odd even cluster taking business, think we rotated nightly tho. didnt fury hit TE while we hit SK , dont remember exactly.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 07:43   #25
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Fred of Bedrock
Hi Grendel,

I remember being in the channel when Legion and Fury first "officially" got together in round2. The first exec from fury to get there was actually Idler and we waited about an hour until Sid arrived later... maybe it was less but he was late and it seemed like an eternity but once he got there it was all business and he showed great organisational skills at that stage. From memory we divided the clusters into odd and even clusters for targets... Legion had the even and fury the odd numbers.

There are many other things I remember but that was the initial "official" meeting round 2. I was fortunate to be allowed to idle in the HC/exec channel for the rest of the round and met many talented people.
Sid Time = Random Time within normally function x of the real time, where function x is undefined.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 13:47   #26
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The last time Fury and Legion were only allied to each other was r3
Not entirely true, as for about half of that round, Fury and Legion were allied to Reborn.

That however ended when Reborn had a wing deleted for bot usage (I think, might have been acc sharing). Legion and Fury dropped the alliance and roided the hell out of them the same night. My gal must have got near 10k RB roids that night .
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 14:23   #27
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Not entirely true, as for about half of that round, Fury and Legion were allied to Reborn.
Except that it is entirely true because he didn't specify that they were allied only to eachother for the whole round, just that the last time they were only allied to eachother was in r3.

As far as I remember the RB wing (supposedlty their elite) was deleted for bot usage.

It made no difference to me anyway, I still got raped nightly by powerful galaxies that I had no way of defending against, only this time it was by an even more roidfat dastardly duo rather than a (terrible... *groan*) triad.
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 14:24   #28
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahriman

Except that it is entirely true because he didn't specify that they were allied only to eachother for the whole round, just that the last time they were only allied to eachother was in r3.
exactly what i was about to point out..
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 14:38   #29
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Quote:
Originally posted by Rumad

Section actually whoa re now allid to Titans and LDK.

so another one joins us then?
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 14:54   #30
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
Section actually whoa re now allid to Titans and LDK.

They had a bot called jedibot which logged into all accounts through a web interface type thing (I spose to all intents and purposes a proxy).
Ah yes the jedibot! I would have thought that it would have been quite easy to spot, as unless it used random http proxies to cover it's tracks (not exactly easy considering the volume of unreliable proxies available on the net), it would have exactly the same IP every time it logged into an account.

Can it really be that hard to check for relatively large numbers of people with exactly the same IP? I'm crap and even I can do it

But that is a stagnant issue, and more a flashback to r3 than a bitch at PA crew.

I was going to comment on the mention of Titans/LDK being allied to Section; If you are as forgiving a person as you suggested on my Killmark thread a while back, you ought to bear them no ill-will since they have spent a good deal longer being 'clean' (at least as far as proven cheating goes) than he has. That is, unless you were claiming my duplicity in approving of one group of bot cheaters and condemning another. When in fact I approve of none of them and condem them all to fire and brimstone
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 16:18   #31
ado

Quote:

so another one joins us then?
Were now allied to fury / fang / adel / ldk / ely / pack / lost / mdk / cows / virus and G-II and have naps with everyone else. Also proclaim that rumad is the wise man of pa and there are a large group of pigs flying south for the winter.
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 17:40   #32
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
They were the bets of times when PA had a innocence and therw was enough players to make it work
I can't fault you on that, my best times in the game were in r3, though r7 was certainly the most fun I've had in a galaxy. Fury galaxies are good, mmmkay

I just noticed that I spelt "condemn" wrongly in my previous post, what an awful turn for the day to take.
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 22:30   #33
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Pronouciation

How do you pronouce Furgion anyway?

(Fur)ry-(Gee)se-On

or

(Fuh)rer-virgin
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 22:32   #34
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Re: Pronouciation

Quote:

(Fur)ry-(Gee)se-On

or

(Fuh)rer-virgin
"*******s who took my roids, AGAIN!" usually covered it
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 23:02   #35
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Pronouciation

Quote:

(Fur)ry-(Gee)se-On

or

(Fuh)rer-virgin
Furgion or Vurgion, were both pronounced like virgin, in my book, with a slightly more pronounced "uhr" sound at the beginning.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 23:41   #36
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Why on earth would it begin with a "V" sound?
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 23:42   #37
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Cryptic is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Pronouciation

Quote:
Originally posted by Obfuscator

Furgion or Vurgion, were both pronounced like virgin, in my book, with a slightly more pronounced "uhr" sound at the beginning.
always by those that get sand kicked in their faces at the beach , and laughed at by women.

If you get tired of the crap , baby move over here and maybe buy some of mine

R1 c7R / Fury co-founder / annoying bully / Propaganda mechant.

Crypto Inc Comics
Cryptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 23:44   #38
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Quote:
Why on earth would it begin with a "V" sound?
The V was an addition I often made to the start of Furgion because some people had leveled the criticism that the term Furgion was not fair to Virus, who was at the time, a major component of Furgion.

[Edit] I reread your comment, and I think what you're questioning is "Furgion or Vurgion were both pronounced "virgin."" What I mean by this is that they rhymed with virgin, for me. Not that they were necessarily both said with the v sound.

Last edited by Obfuscator; 3 Nov 2002 at 23:50.
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 23:45   #39
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Re: Re: Re: Pronouciation

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryptic

always by those that get sand kicked in their faces at the beach , and laughed at by women.
always by those that spend more time drooling on their keyboard than typing with it.
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 23:58   #40
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Quote:
The V was an addition I often made to the start of Furgion because some people had leveled the criticism that the term Furgion was not fair to Virus, who was at the time, a major component of Furgion.
The whole, entire point of this thread has been to show that Furgion was the term used to refer to the alliance of Fury and Legion. That ViruS were later involved is I'm afraid of absolutely no consequence. Try convincing the tens of thousands of people who got used to calling them Furgion into calling them Vurgion - people just don't work like that.

It is and forever will be Furgion, not only that but it will never have been an official term.

As for your Vurgion, are you saying that Legion put forth 4/7 of the power, with Fury trailing behind at only 2/7? My point being that it's silly to strive for fairness when the foundation was not thought out with that in mind. My point is not to be picky, as what I just said is clearly quite absurd.

F U R G I O N - N E W B I E - B A S H E R S - ! ! !

In response to your edit: Yes that was what I was asking, though with this post I embraced your reasoning behind Vurgion as something to have a shot at

Don't mock Cryptic, he'll just get confused and call you a twat.

[My Edit] What's a "neXbie"? As quoted from your sig, that is. [/]
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 00:24   #41
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Cryptic is infamous around these parts
Quote:

"I was never confused"

If you get tired of the crap , baby move over here and maybe buy some of mine

R1 c7R / Fury co-founder / annoying bully / Propaganda mechant.

Crypto Inc Comics
Cryptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 00:53   #42
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Quote:

The whole, entire point of this thread has been to show that Furgion was the term used to refer to the alliance of Fury and Legion. That ViruS were later involved is I'm afraid of absolutely no consequence. Try convincing the tens of thousands of people who got used to calling them Furgion into calling them Vurgion - people just don't work like that.

It is and forever will be Furgion, not only that but it will never have been an official term.

As for your Vurgion, are you saying that Legion put forth 4/7 of the power, with Fury trailing behind at only 2/7? My point being that it's silly to strive for fairness when the foundation was not thought out with that in mind. My point is not to be picky, as what I just said is clearly quite absurd.

F U R G I O N - N E W B I E - B A S H E R S - ! ! !

In response to your edit: Yes that was what I was asking, though with this post I embraced your reasoning behind Vurgion as something to have a shot at

[My Edit] What's a "neXbie"? As quoted from your sig, that is. [/]
A neXbie is an inside joke between myself and some of the RL friends with whom I started in PA. As I recall, it stemmed from someone's PA-mail or Politics post referring to newbies as nexbies....an impossible typo, which made it all the funnier.

I would never claim that anyone besides myself and a handful of others ever used the term Vurgion. It was a term that _I_ coined in round 6, and it never caught on. I also would never claim that Furgion was an official term.

I would however take umbrage with anyone who claims that the term Furgion wasn't widely used for many rounds. It was in fact used with near constant frequency as a convenient abbreviation for the abomination which has haunted this game. It was used not only by n00bs, but by many people within the "furgion" alliances, as well as their opponents.

It ceased to be a terrifically accurate term after round 3, but that's really not the point. Furgion is aesthetically far more appealing than FLTTVGTWREGrhgfhsgbchbfghsfdgadsGfdgdafgadf EVER could be.

I don't think we're disagreeing here.
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 02:58   #43
N0VA
Your Nemesis and Beerg0d

N0VA is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

A neXbie is an inside joke between myself and some of the RL friends with whom I started in PA. As I recall, it stemmed from someone's PA-mail or Politics post referring to newbies as nexbies....an impossible typo, which made it all the funnier.
Quite right. I forget who had called me a nexbie and under what conditions, but I remember sitting around laughing about it as it is such an incomprehensible typo - in what it could possibly mean, or how anyone could type an "x" instead of a "w".

<Peacemaker1> you are projecting images that happen real. like if you were to get shot in a dream, you would wake up with a bullet hole through you
<Nova> that would suck
<RIT> yeh but It would rawk if you dreamt about lesbian orgies
<Peacemaker1> waking up in a pool of lubercant, and with dildo bruses all over. sure would
N0VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 03:09   #44
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Quote:

Anyone who plays this game and takes the time to argue against bot-users, newbie-bashers, and admin-ignorance has never seen the beach my friend and will never be humiliated outside of their learning establishment.
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 04:02   #45
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Pronouciation

Quote:

Anyone who plays this game and takes the time to argue against bot-users, newbie-bashers, and admin-ignorance has never seen the beach my friend and will never be humiliated outside of their learning establishment.
*sigh*
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 13:46   #46
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pronouciation

Quote:
Originally posted by Auro

*sigh*
What? You think the majority of people on these forums are who they say they are?
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 15:24   #47
[m00]MAX

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pronouciation

Quote:

What? You think the majority of people on these forums are who they say they are?
I know I am ^^

And I'm not some nerdie boy who has never seen the sun, and I doubt there are any here that hasnt been to the beach...
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:35   #48
Duke Leto
Semper Facundus

Duke Leto is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Cryptic is one of the most confusing enigmatic personalities on these boards.

No one knows, cares or realizes that he is in all actuality, a very decent, intelligent and caring person. The resources that he has spent to counter all of you who have made it their life's quest to witch hunt fury has generated this board alter ego.

FYI, Cryptic is a member of Greenpeace, has actually saved a baby seal, reads to terminally ill children on the weekends and donates blood (as well as sperm when he can) monthly.

What chills me to the bone is the fact that the mindless anti fury-ists in this game have caused this poor lad to warp into the being of bone sawwing wit and incredible bluntness that he is, just to defend the fragility of his good natured side.

You should all be ashamed. Fury has every right to play this game and win it as any of you. If you hate Fury, you are nothing but jealous, coveting and bitter, being the loser that you are, not being able to achieve greatness time and time again in this online game.

I see Zhil losing his final shred of sanity. Germania losing interest in his flower pruning and gardening. Hicks being distracted from his work as a nobel winning economist. All becoming more vile and perverted as the days go by. Stop this now so that Fury execs and players are not injustly tainted by the wretched crap throwing hate mongers that are nothing but useless in every aspect of the term, in game and in life.

Leto

R1 - noob
R2 - hirr
R3 - hirr BC
R4 - hirr HC
R5 - hirr HC
R6 - hirr HC
R7 - hirr Senate
R8 - hirr Drug Czar and Pimp Daddy
R9- Manager of "Pron for Homeless" program
R10- Actually gettin some while you suckas played PA
R11- hirr ambassador to Iraq
R12- hirr Minister of Propaganda & "Keeper of the Treats"
Duke Leto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:39   #49
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Pronouciation

Quote:
Originally posted by Duke Leto
Germania losing interest in his flower pruning and gardening
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 17:36   #50
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Fur-jee-on