User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 6 Sep 2009, 11:14   #1
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold
Adding to the in-game calc

I'm not sure if it's intentional, but adding anything to the ingame calc once you have input any data defaults to adding to a new fleet. This includes things like adding your own score to your own fleet etc. It's not impossible to deal with, it's just a bit frustrating. The old method was more intuitive.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 12:40   #2
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: Adding to the in-game calc

I've found this frustrating as well, to the point that one more defcall would've forced me to post this problem myself.

Would be better to put the "new" option on the bottom, rather than the top.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 12:55   #3
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

unfortunately there's no easy way to keep the old behavior of "skipping" the fleet select when there's just one fleet while maintaining the option for adding directly to a new one.
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 14:49   #4
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

We're not looking for it to be skipped altogether, just for it to be reordered so that the default is to add to the current fleet rather than a new one. I've no idea if it's possible or easy though.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 15:00   #5
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Yeh just move the new fleet option to the end of the list rather than the beginning.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2009, 17:08   #6
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

Moving the "new" option to the bottom would require quite a bit of changes.

Changed it so that the selected option now is the last fleet on that side.
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 13:00   #7
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

any chance of gettin ship info added to the ships when u click on their name, much like the ingame production screen when u click those. Just to show init/armour/what they fire on etc
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 14:07   #8
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
any chance of gettin ship info added to the ships when u click on their name, much like the ingame production screen when u click those. Just to show init/armour/what they fire on etc
yes, i've been considering it from the start, i just can't find/decide on what's the best way to add it, both from a coding and user point.
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 15:08   #9
Shev
So what?

Thanks for the adding change btw.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 23:15   #10
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by shev View Post
thanks for the adding change btw.
+1 ^^
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2009, 14:37   #11
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

Now I'd like to see planet details added when parsing a scan (including coords) into the bcalc.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2009, 11:11   #12
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie2 View Post
Now I'd like to see planet details added when parsing a scan (including coords) into the bcalc.
That's been meant to get added for quite some time, it's one of those things that i've meant to add but every time i've started doing some changes to the bcalc there's been a "now what was it i was gonna remember to add" moment :/