User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Jan 2006, 19:46   #1
frostbeule

frostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura about
extra ranks for freebies?

what about that free planets will have a second rank?
that it shows up like Rank:400 / 3rd freebie

this would make it more interesting for free planets, they might start to battle for their #1.
however i dont mean split unis with this, they will be located in the same uni as all planets and ranked in the normal uni as well.

just an idea i had because i always played free and then i might have done more in the end if I would have know that i am close to the top100 of the free planets.
Unread 11 Jan 2006, 19:56   #2
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: extra ranks for freebies?

Might be a good suggestion. Maybe even throw in a "first time player" rankings, for the people who are playing their first round of pa (would be a tricky to only get the first time players there & not people that have played alot of rounds & just pretend to be first time players)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 00:49   #3
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

That ranking might give them an extra bunch of incoming though.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 01:41   #4
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe only make it visible for other Free planets then?
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 13:59   #5
frostbeule

frostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura about

that was what i thought of, Stoom
it is discussable if they get also a universal ranking page of all free planets, but everything will be visible only for free planets then.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 14:24   #6
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

It could also result in less payed accounts, since you sorta play a different ranking......
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 15:06   #7
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
It could also result in less payed accounts, since you sorta play a different ranking......
At the moment we could get that too with the whole community agreeing on not paying
of course this will never happen because certain players would always try to take advantage of it and pay for their planets and it wouldnt be in the best interest to keep the game alive.

Maybe we should only show the rank free planet / top5 of free planets to create some competition in that field because you dont know exactly where you stand ( if you are not the best ) and have an aim to work for even if your research and construction limits are already exceeded.

At the moment the universe page shows best Xan/Cath/Zik and Ter pisition in the universe - just add 1 more line for best free planet ?

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 15:21   #8
frostbeule

no that would be a disadvantage as then the paid planets would all attack him and he would get mass-inc.
but a top100 free planets (only visible for free planets) would give the free planets something to aim for. It might make them more active. having fun and then they might pay the next time.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 15:26   #9
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbeule
no that would be a disadvantage as then the paid planets would all attack him and he would get mass-inc.
but a top100 free planets (only visible for free planets) would give the free planets something to aim for. It might make them more active. having fun and then they might pay the next time.
i will just ask my *friend* who has a free planet for the rankings and still attack him ...

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 10:01   #10
soda

soda is on a distinguished road

The better way of doing it would be adding an extra score.
If i remember correctly everyone is now ranked after value and score in PA (value rank #/score rank #)
Why not just add like this:
value rank #/score rank #/third rank #

Your third rank dependet of what you are
If you are in an alliance, you will get your alliance rank#
If your are paid allianceless, you will get your rank among paid allianceless
If you are unpaid, you will get your rank # for unpaids

anything else will just make a targetlist, even though everyone will love to have as much stats as possible

Not as interesting for alliance players in my guess, but it will give freebies and paid allianceless something to strive for.

edit: not quite sure if i made myself clear. I meant this to show up only on your own account, and only the number for yourself. You are not meant to have a list over other players in your own situation.
soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 17:26   #11
frostbeule

that was somehow what i asked for in the first post.
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 10:51   #12
soda

soda is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbeule
that was somehow what i asked for in the first post.
Guess i got the wrong impression from some of the other posters.
So then we basically agree
soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 11:30   #13
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

We want to encorage more people to pay, not less!
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 19:30   #14
frostbeule

will it have this effect on the game? I doubt it.
could you please give reasons why you belive it will have this effect
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 22:51   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I think a rank such as soda suggested might be interesting
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 13:32   #16
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

To encourage more people to pay, you *could* increase the amount of resources that paid planets start with, as there would be a bigger gap between normal paid planets, and the free planets - paid planets may also grow faster and ideally out of bash limit of the free players, making them have a more peaceful time at the bottom of the universe.

Maybe. Just a spontaneous thought...
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 13:41   #17
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
To encourage more people to pay, you *could* increase the amount of resources that paid planets start with, as there would be a bigger gap between normal paid planets, and the free planets - paid planets may also grow faster and ideally out of bash limit of the free players, making them have a more peaceful time at the bottom of the universe.

Maybe. Just a spontaneous thought...
I don't like this idea - I prefer increasing bonuses in things like resources for upgrading.

For example, instead of just 5k resources for upgrading, make it so that (while not being abusable in the first 100 ticks) it ends up giving quite a substantial resource boost - 5 mil of each resource say - by mid round or so.
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 15:01   #18
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I don't like this idea - I prefer increasing bonuses in things like resources for upgrading.

For example, instead of just 5k resources for upgrading, make it so that (while not being abusable in the first 100 ticks) it ends up giving quite a substantial resource boost - 5 mil of each resource say - by mid round or so.
what about increasing the output of each roid for paid planets?
Even a rather small increase would have a rather big effect.
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 21:07   #19
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus
what about increasing the output of each roid for paid planets?
Even a rather small increase would have a rather big effect.
This might be intresting also. Make more of an istneive ot upgrade apart form the technology bonuses etc..

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 00:00   #20
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Actually I disagree on a lot of things in here.

Get rid off advantages in the gameplay but introduce useful features which offer value for money. For instance, the journal and history pages could be available to paid accounts only. Add a buddy-list where you can add people in the universe which you like, but you'll only get that when you pay for it - and so on, I guess you got the idea by now.
Freebie rankings shouldn't be around, though. After all, they could then compete with everyone and therefore they will appear in the overall list.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 02:51   #21
Dictator2

Dictator2 can only hope to improve

What is it exactly that we want to achieve? I am confused! So many different ideas, etc

In my own humble opinion, you don't get addicted to anything unless you have had a lot of it AND, as my granma used to tell me: "tell me who you hang out with, and I will tell you who you are."

Dividing even more these groups I fear will have undesirable effects, since will most likely result in widening the gap between them, and therefore, less people will become as great as I am... I mean, like we are: addicted and loyal to PA.

We should do quite the opposite, we should somehow "force" alliances to do some pro-bono work for the community, and of course they shall be rewarded (I know, I know, it doesn't make sense.)

I think INSTEAD of giving paid players more incentives give "something" to those freebies that have taken the leap and are on IRC, active in their chosen alliances, having already realized how much more they could do for their new friends and/or for their own good if they pay from tick 0 next time they play.

Make it a one time thing per I.P. etc, after HC has "recommended" such move (i.e. only 1 every X ticks), or figure something else... but the idea should to unite these groups, not divide them.

Last edited by Dictator2; 18 Jan 2006 at 03:07.
Dictator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 11:01   #22
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

imo it will only stimulate people not to pay if they do well, so don't see how we get paying players from this
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 14:39   #23
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I would think only the free planet sees his own rank only no one elses who is free just his own rank and thats it.

Or would be nice to see your universe ranking and your race ranking on overview.

But I suppose we can argue that sandmans does it for you

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 17:48   #24
frostbeule

Thanks for bringing this discussion back to the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
I would think only the free planet sees his own rank only no one elses who is free just his own rank and thats it.
Thats the idea.