User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 24 Mar 2009, 15:35   #1
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold
Improved Ingame Alliance Tools

Having relied exclusively on the ingame ally tools this round, I've actually been pleasantly surprised with what I've seen. With that said there are a few things I'd like to see implemented to further improve the tools.

Attack System:

-Variable number of waves on the targets so you don't need to have 2 raids on same target to have more than 3 waves claimable
-Timer on when raid will open
-Ability to open a wave so others can join it (not essential but might give a better overview of fleet usage)

Defence System:

-Attackers co-ords link to galaxy page as they do on galstatus
-Implement a 'claim call' feature or some other feature to avoid calls marked covered being changed by someone who hasn't refreshed the page for a while (see http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=197483)
-Make incs joining on a covered wave more obvious, perhaps change the status of the calls marked covered to 'Needs review' or some such

Intel System:

-When viewing intel show score/value/size of the planet and allow them to be sorted by these values, such as on the alliance members page
-Add a more comprehensive change log rather than just showing who last updated specific intel

That's all for now but will add more in this thread as I think of things.
[ND]Byrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 16:09   #2
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of
Re: Improved Ingame Alliance Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney View Post
Intel System:

-When viewing intel show score/value/size of the planet and allow them to be sorted by these values, such as on the alliance members page
-Add a more comprehensive change log rather than just showing who last updated specific intel

That's all for now but will add more in this thread as I think of things.
All the ingame tools are gonna be worked on, don't think it'll happen in time for next round, but hopefully for r32.

As for the intel system, a "history" page were meant to be added, but i simply ran out of time fixing and doing other things, will try to get that in for next round, might even make the end of this round (not that it'll matter too much at this point).

As for showing value, score and roids, initially i had planed to but there simply isn't room for it.
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 16:28   #3
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
As for showing value, score and roids, initially i had planed to but there simply isn't room for it.
How so? If you formatted it in the same way as the alliance members page, instead of codename show Nick, instead of status show alliance and since contributed score is a redundant collumn relations can also be included. Added by, time added and reliability could all be placed on a separate history page.
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 16:32   #4
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

Oh, also on the intel system, deleted planets still show up as ' ' of ' ' which is kinda annoying and there's no way to set someone to no ally and instead we have 20 (why btw?) temp groups.
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 16:56   #5
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

page shows ruler and planet name, which takes up quite a bit of space, all the intel related things are required to show, if not the output would be rather pointless.
only place the roids/value/score would be possible to add is in a new line/row
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 17:00   #6
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Quote:
Oh, also on the intel system, deleted planets still show up as ' ' of ' ' which is kinda annoying and there's no way to set someone to no ally and instead we have 20 (why btw?) temp groups.
http://www.planetarion.com/news/news...e-intel-system

And you can set ppl to no alliance just fine, just use the "empty/blank option at the top of the list.
Delete planets stay entered to show that they are deleted, suddenly wiping intel could create quite a bit of confusion.
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 17:11   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Having relied exclusively on the ingame ally tools this round, I've actually been pleasantly surprised with what I've seen.
Total agreement.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 17:18   #8
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

Quote:
page shows ruler and planet name, which takes up quite a bit of space, all the intel related things are required to show, if not the output would be rather pointless.
only place the roids/value/score would be possible to add is in a new line/row
But is it not possible to add a separate history page to show that information? Reliability is the only one that I can understand you think is required, but the other 2 are not necessary unless you suspect someone is adding false intel, and for that you'd want a more indepth log anyway.

Also, showing ruler and planet name is not necessary, I'd love to see it changed to this:

Alliance Race Coords Score Value Size Nick Reliability

Which would make the intel page more than halfway useful.

Quote:
http://www.planetarion.com/news/news...e-intel-system

And you can set ppl to no alliance just fine, just use the "empty/blank option at the top of the list.
Delete planets stay entered to show that they are deleted, suddenly wiping intel could create quite a bit of confusion.
Have you tried? I just did again and:

You have to choose an alliance.

I could kinda understand deleted planets still showing, but since there's nothing that shows what planet it was originally except nick (which might not be available) and alliance it's not particuarly useful anyway.
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 17:24   #9
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

Just tried to edit to no alliance on the main ally page and it worked fine, so apparently it's just not changeable to blank from galpage.
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 17:28   #10
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Quote:
Have you tried? I just did again and:

You have to choose an alliance.
yes i have, only way you get that message is if you send a value less than 0.
it works fine.
galaxy page had been reverted in the migration, which is why that specific way of adding didn't work, intel page worked as should.
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 18:20   #11
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Ingame def page is great, though I'd still love to have some sort of API so external tools could integrate better with the game.

I'd be willing to put in the coding time for this if Fubra's NDA policy is less retarded than Jolt's.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 20:11   #12
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Ingame def is a fantastic tool to have added. <3 Cin (or was that appoco?)

Ingame attacking is great to have but needs improving. Right now it shows planet name. Does that help anyone? I'd much rather race/value/roids be displayed in that slot. When I'm looking for targets, I don't hunt people down because they've used the letter 'c' in the planetname 3 times or whatever, but because they're good targets.

Total agreement with joinable waves and optional numbers of waves too.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 00:38   #13
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

There should be some way to access a members fleet from the def page too.

The scans on the inc will be there, but if the planet under attack isn't around atm it's a pain to get his fleet & add it to the calc. Click on his co-ords from def page & you get members info instead of going to the gal so you can at least scan it quick.

In alliance page you can see the ships the entire alliance has, in the def page you should be able to click on the members co-ords & in members info have access to what he owns for ships.

I shouldn't have to waste time & 8k of each resource to find out what ships a member owns.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 00:45   #14
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
This really doesn't work, although I can understand that it should. The intel system requires a valid, existing alliance to be set - null just gives the "You have to set an alliance" error. This is something I was actually going to query, but completely forgot about until I read about it here.
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 01:00   #15
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
This really doesn't work, although I can understand that it should. The intel system requires a valid, existing alliance to be set - null just gives the "You have to set an alliance" error. This is something I was actually going to query, but completely forgot about until I read about it here.
considering i just set a blank alliance for 2 planets, one from the galaxy page and another from the intel page, it would suggest it's working...
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 01:04   #16
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Ok, now you're just screwing with me. I've gotta try this myself.

Edit: I'll have you know, fixing bugs while we're not looking is just screwy. I admit it may not have been you who fixed it, but I guarantee this did not work the last time I tried it a week ago. :P
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 01:06   #17
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
Ingame def is a fantastic tool to have added. <3 Cin (or was that appoco?)
appoco initially coded the page, i later suggested some alterations to fix a fleet tracking issue (among things) and then this round i did some tweaks to improve the page loading speed. So the page/system is pretty much appocos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
Ingame attacking is great to have but needs improving. Right now it shows planet name. Does that help anyone? I'd much rather race/value/roids be displayed in that slot. When I'm looking for targets, I don't hunt people down because they've used the letter 'c' in the planetname 3 times or whatever, but because they're good targets.

Total agreement with joinable waves and optional numbers of waves too.
pretty much all of the ingame alliance tools are meant to be improved, i have been doing some minor planing on it, but obviously this isn't something that'll be for r31 as that's about to start.
I'm hoping to make the more inline with what alliance have on their own and hopefully integrate the dumps in some way, just as out of game alliance tools would.
We'll see, there's a bit of work involved.
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 01:08   #18
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Ok, now you're just screwing with me. I've gotta try this myself.

Edit: I'll have you know, fixing bugs while we're not looking is just screwy. I admit it may not have been you who fixed it, but I guarantee this did not work the last time I tried it a week ago. :P
if you scroll a bit up, to my last post on the 24th or so, you see that i said the galaxy page had been reverted in the migration, that's why that page didn't accept blank alliances up to that point.
However since then there hasn't been made any changes to them.
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 01:10   #19
Tommy
Sain†s

Aha - I don't think I was even a forum regular that far back.
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 06:52   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post

The scans on the inc will be there, but if the planet under attack isn't around atm it's a pain to get his fleet & add it to the calc. Click on his co-ords from def page & you get members info instead of going to the gal so you can at least scan it quick.

In alliance page you can see the ships the entire alliance has, in the def page you should be able to click on the members co-ords & in members info have access to what he owns for ships.

I shouldn't have to waste time & 8k of each resource to find out what ships a member owns.
Yes you should, that's exactly what scans are there for: to find out the status of a planet that is not your own.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 08:38   #21
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post

Yes you should, that's exactly what scans are there for: to find out the status of a planet that is not your own.own.
However, it might be possible to find the most recent scans of your alliance member and put them on the member page (or link to the scan page and specify your member's co-ords). This would at least reduce the amount of resources wasted on repeatedly scanning a member...
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 11:54   #22
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Actually, I thought we already had that. In that case it might be an idea to add a battle calc link to the comment, which contains the ships on the most recent au of the defending and attacking planets. This would only be generated once, when the incoming is reported, to prevent it from overwriting comments made by DCs.
Unread 25 May 2009, 20:03   #23
Epcylon

Epcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
Ingame def page is great, though I'd still love to have some sort of API so external tools could integrate better with the game.
I second that suggestion. There is an awful lot of fun stuff you can do with the data that is available in the ingame ally pages, if only you had a decent way of getting it out. Also, being able to integrate the ingame ally memberlist with an external system (which might have some extra features) would make life soooo much easier..
[R12]: HR free-pe0n | [R13-]: HR pe0n
Epcylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2009, 15:36   #24
DragonKing

DragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to all

just a quesion when a dc sets a call as covered fake no pods ect can you make it so the members can see how the call was set, plus maybe see total inc, the defenders can see how the call has been set but not the member themselves

Round 27 28 HA DC BC, 29 VGN DC, 30 ND DC, 31 32 HA head DC,
Round 33 34 35 ND DC
Round 36 37 38 ND HC DC
Round 39 to Forever ND DC
DragonKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2009, 16:01   #25
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I thought that members saw the complete status of their own incoming ? can someone confirm this isn't the case?
Unread 27 May 2009, 22:07   #26
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Does he mean other peoples incomings in the aliance?

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2009, 05:21   #27
DragonKing

DragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to all

i tried it myself a few days ago, had a hc bust me down to member i couldnt understand why som many members were asking me if they were covered when i thought it was clear,
i could see the call itself that had been reported
like this one i have now
DragonKing (3:2:13) Very Useless (8:2:11) 8610 PT : 784 (ETA 7)
with delete at the end

i couldnt see on there the three def fleets or that it was marked as covered nor could i see the calc in the notes bit

Round 27 28 HA DC BC, 29 VGN DC, 30 ND DC, 31 32 HA head DC,
Round 33 34 35 ND DC
Round 36 37 38 ND HC DC
Round 39 to Forever ND DC
DragonKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2009, 20:24   #28
WallBiter
The Holy Fool

WallBiter has a spectacular aura aboutWallBiter has a spectacular aura aboutWallBiter has a spectacular aura about

A couple of things that I see would improve the in game ally tools (which I am enjoying!) are:

-The ability to make notes in other sections then defense. Ally intel is more than simply ally and irc nick. As for the issue above with scanning members, a member notation system could allow ally's to have members note what is available at base for def of themselves.

-The ability on members pages to see Xp as well.

That'd be it for now.
WallBiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2009, 00:08   #29
puss
ASS HC

puss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the rough

hey hey,
any possiblity of being able to set multiple receivers for the alliance mail?
eg.. im trying to send mails to all dcs/PRs and HC and i have to do the HC as a groiup and then each of the PRs and DCs seperately as members by their nick pasting the mail each time
would be nice if like in the likes of email u jus add everyone in one go to be receivers of the mail
Unread 26 Jul 2009, 14:10   #30
carld

carld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Attack System:

-Variable number of waves on the targets so you don't need to have 2 raids on same target to have more than 3 waves claimable
-Timer on when raid will open
-Ability to open a wave so others can join it (not essential but might give a better overview of fleet usage)
I would also like to see these changes implemented as well. It would also be great to create an attack in-game and get it all setup before you publicize it to your members. Then you create the Open time (provided in a dropdown box of 30 minute increments?) and publicize it. Players can then see the attack, see scans, etc, but nobody can claim a wave until it opens.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2009, 07:11   #31
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

Mass Coord Add, just a simple text area to paste 1:1:1 2:2:2 etc in and a drop down to which alliance... make it HC only if you suspect abuse.

Also put alliance (according to intel) next to inc on Def Page
Unread 28 Jul 2009, 07:29   #32
Mzyxptlk
mz.

That would be quite useful, especially for alliances with external tools and a need to synchronise.
Unread 28 Jul 2009, 12:03   #33
Tatu

Tatu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Mass Coord Add, just a simple text area to paste 1:1:1 2:2:2 etc in and a drop down to which alliance... make it HC only if you suspect abuse.

Also put alliance (according to intel) next to inc on Def Page
I was thinking the same just the other day when merging alliances. Unfortunately the merge failed (logn story) and I didn't get to see how intel from two merging alliances is handled.

In addition to Intel - Export, also have Intel - Import page. The format should be the same for both directions.

Imported intel with empty added_by, added_time elements get current user and time.

The Import page could have simple text box to paste the xml and a checkbox for not to import less reliable intel over existing intel.