User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 16 Feb 2007, 14:23   #1
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Com Unit

have some sort of confirmation thingy before it opens or move it somewhere else, or give me a skin that doesn't have the link included please for the love of the dead christ almighty
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2007, 14:23   #2
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Com Unit

agreed thanks.
im fed up of trying to vote an exile and clicking com unit.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2007, 16:18   #3
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

Yep, same here, then it taking about 7 hours to load on firefox.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2007, 16:53   #4
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

We're aware it's quite easy to hit the com unit link when trying to access the politics page, the problem is a bit depending on what skin you have,
but exist in all and, as crowly said, theres something which firefox really doesn't like about it.

We've considered replacing it with a new "chat" thing, either a updated version of what we have or something new/different.
Regardless of which "option" we choose it might be worth considering moving the link to a less used area, so people don't accidentally hit it, sadly this means pretty much all skins needs changing. Something which in itself is unavoidable with any real change/update we do.
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2007, 19:02   #5
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

just move it to somewhere where its not close to anything else, how hard can that be...

it does take a long long time to load and quite often crashed my Ffox
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2007, 19:19   #6
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighteh
just move it to somewhere where its not close to anything else, how hard can that be...
Moving the link itself is simple enough, however if you look at the skins they mostly have images for the menu, moving one of'em means the design usually breaks, meaning some change would have to be made to the skin itself, which would be for just about every skin.
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2007, 20:51   #7
Floydian

Floydian will become famous soon enoughFloydian will become famous soon enough

I was actually talking about this the other day, glad its not only me who keeps on clicking it by accident.
I thought of just blocking that particular address so at least it wouldn't crash my browser, but I couldn't find how to in Firefox. Anyone know?
Floydian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2007, 22:07   #8
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

it has happened to me several times aswell. But the long loading times in Ffox are unknown to me. SUN Java starts asking something and then it loads in 5 seconds. Maybe you should try dl'ing java to prevent a crash.
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 05:21   #9
anImaru
I want an avatar!

anImaru will become famous soon enoughanImaru will become famous soon enough

Do people actually use the com unit? Are there any statistics on it's usage? Because it seems pretty much everyone either uses mIRC or cgi:irc if they are at work etc...
anImaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 05:52   #10
Antjie
Most Lovable

Antjie has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I know of quite a few players that use it, specially from work where they cant use Mirc
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 07:14   #11
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

Didn't we have this whole thing with recalling fleets, ordering ships, cancelling orders, and all the other crap like that.

JUST BE A BIT MORE CAREFUL WHERE YOU ARE CLICKING. It isn't hard.
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 13:31   #12
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

**** dat shit, just re-locate it !
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 14:06   #13
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

Why?

You'll just moan then that it is too close to the Universe link, or the Stats link.

'It's out of the way, new players won't find it easily.' Etc.

The last time people moaned because they couldn't control where the hell they clicked we ended up with confirm action tick boxes. Annoying as hell.
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 14:09   #14
jerome

then they were idiots, i don't think it's too hard to just make it slightly less clickable
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 17:54   #15
anImaru
I want an avatar!

anImaru will become famous soon enoughanImaru will become famous soon enough

Have a prompt that asks "Do you really want to open a crappy comunit that will crash your browser?" Either that or relocate it to some obscure corner where no one will click unless they were actually looking for it.
anImaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2007, 00:16   #16
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's a very minor gripe, if at all really.

It's an issue with skin design and distinguishing it in its own space if anything. All that's required is a slight toggle for clean black (i'm presuming that's what the players talking here use)
Unread 24 Feb 2007, 01:44   #17
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I used to use newpaper and it ****ed me off. I now use generals and it ****s me off.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2007, 23:15   #18
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

pff, just look a bit better and have some more muscle control over your mouse finger, and its all solved
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote