User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 20 May 2009, 15:40   #1
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold
Prelaunch LT info

I suggest a bit of text next to the prelaunch drop down box which tells you what tick the attack will land. Most alliances work of Landing Ticks for attacks and i've seen attack bots with a command that tells you when to launch based on your research level and ship class.

But why not just have a bit of text that appears/updates when you select a prelaunch, for example after picking PT+11..

..Launches :tick 50, Lands : tick 57

I know its easy enough just adding up ticks and prelaunch ticks but even then you need to double check the LT is correct, this will help new players as well as old players who cba counting.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 16:38   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Prelaunch LT info

This is one of the most used Munin commands:

<@mz> !launch fr 632
<@Munin> eta 9 landing pt 632 (currently 620) must launch at pt 623 (05-20 08:55), or with prelaunch tick 624 (currently +3)
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 20 May 2009 at 21:42.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 17:03   #3
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Or just set attack on no1 planet to check if pre-launch is right then recall and resend to your desired target , thats what i did before munin did it for me
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 17:43   #4
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

To be fair, given that it tells you when it'll land after you click, and the whole prelaunch setup overcomplicates things anyway, why not just include this info in the game? It's there for production, why not launch?
Unread 20 May 2009, 20:12   #5
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

I still don't understand how people can have problems with this.

If your fleet is ETA8 (fi/co), current tick is 350, land tick is 360, then you need to select +2.
What's so hard about adding 2 numbers, then subtracting it from landtick?
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 20:22   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Because the information is contradicting. Yes, if you take into account the current tick, your ETA and the desired land tick, you can find out how many ticks you need to prelaunch. However, if you check the drop down box and your ETA, then you find there's a 1 tick discrepancy. As a result, I always do it wrong.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 20 May 2009, 20:36   #7
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

As Mz said, the information in the dropbox is contradictory and frankly useless. If you add the launch tick in the dropbox and your ETA, it'll never match, because your fleet is ETA-1 at the point of launch. Since we've got such an irritatingly confusing setup, why not give the same sort of ETA confirmation before launch that we're given for production times, to make it harder for noobs who aren't aware of the discrepancy to mislaunch?
Unread 20 May 2009, 22:42   #8
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
Or just set attack on no1 planet to check if pre-launch is right then recall and resend to your desired target , thats what i did before munin did it for me
That actually presents an always present glitch in the game. You don't need to recall your fleet. Just click the back button, change the coords/orders/prelaunch and re-hit "Issue Orders" and you're effectively issuing new orders to an already prelaunched fleet.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
Unread 21 May 2009, 00:31   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I would be quite comfortable with calling that a feature, not a bug. It has 0 impact on the game and might just make the life of random newbs (me) easier.
Unread 21 May 2009, 09:29   #10
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I would be quite comfortable with calling that a feature, not a bug. It has 0 impact on the game and might just make the life of random newbs (me) easier.
Hell i use it all the time because I'm forever getting them wrong, so yeah, probably is a feature. Just telling gzambo there's an easier way

Unread 23 May 2009, 20:24   #11
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

I for one would like a land tick attached to any ETA display.

Yes you could launch at no1 planet and check what tick it will land, but thats a long way of doing it, just adding the lines is better for all.

I even suggested this a while back

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=197263

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2009, 10:05   #12
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
ahh i should have checked if it had been mentioned before
mea culpa

Unread 24 May 2009, 15:54   #13
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy View Post
ahh i should have checked if it had been mentioned before
mea culpa
its either people are annoyed about necros on old posts, or people get annoyed when people post a fresh thread on an old idea.

Most of us cant win :P

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote