User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 Nov 2006, 02:47   #1
Sardaukar100

Sardaukar100 can only hope to improve
World Financial Group

Hey anyone heard of WFG. I recently joined their orginization. Basically we help reduce debts and taxes we well as suggest insurance plans.

It's a member of Aegon.

ANyways just wondering if you guys ever think of getting life insurance?
Sardaukar100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 08:14   #2
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: World Financial Group

I'm a bit young to be thinking about it (23) - plus it'd be pretty expensive for me, given my circumstances at the moment heh.

I think the average age for GD is about 25 or so, so you'll probably find the same thing - we all consider ourselves too young to need it.
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 10:01   #3
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-

TouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these parts

How do companies that claim to reduce debt work? How does it work and what do you get out of it?
________
How To Make A Bong

Last edited by TouRiQueT; 13 Sep 2011 at 07:05.
TouRiQueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 10:15   #4
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouRiQueT
How do companies that claim to reduce debt work? How does it work and what do you get out of it?
Indeed, I can see how you can help to reduce taxes, but reducing debt plans by private organisations (which I'm assuming it is) always smell funny to me.

As for life insurance, there's a commercial currently going around here about a woman telling it has been a rough year; she had to say 'goodbye' to her beloved boyfriend and 'hello' to around 7000 euro's debts for the funeral.

I'm around the average age line that TomKat describes here, but I agree that I feel I'm still too young to have a life insurance, but moreso based on my social environment than my actual age (I'm unattached and if anyone had to pay for my funeral, it'd be my parents, who could afford it easily). I'm interested though, do you consider the need for life insurance simply to be because of your age, or is it down to social circumstances aswell?
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 12:36   #5
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

From Wiki not the best source but:
Quote:
The business has been reported as a fraudulent pyramid scheme by its critics.
Sounds fishy to me.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 12:58   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
How do companies that claim to reduce debt work?
Either by
-getting you to borrow more money from another source (which doesn't actually reduce your debt, but might reduce your monthly outgoings).
-advising you to go bankrupt / default or enter some sort of IVA
-some sort of other negotiation with your creditors (if it's looking like you can't pay at all, a lot of the time people will take half the debt instead, it's far more than they'd get if you went bankrupt, and cheaper too)

However, since there are charities which do this for you, I'm not sure why you'd go to a private company (unless you're looking to borrow more money, which could be a bad idea).

The CCCS did my debt thing (for free). I now no longer get annoying letters from everyone on the planet and I've stopped paying interest on most of my debt. And my outgoing on debt went from £700 to £360 PCM. </end-plug>
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 13:23   #7
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-

TouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
The CCCS did my debt thing (for free). I now no longer get annoying letters from everyone on the planet and I've stopped paying interest on most of my debt. And my outgoing on debt went from ?700 to ?360 PCM.
What kind of effect did that have on your credit rating?
________
Vaporizer Video Review

Last edited by TouRiQueT; 13 Sep 2011 at 07:05.
TouRiQueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 13:30   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It was already shot to hell, so very little I presume.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 15:29   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
What kind of effect did that have on your credit rating?
Pretty much what MrL said. Although I "promised" (signed some non-binding declaration) not to take out any additional credit through the course of this program (3 years), so I don't know for sure.

Since it involved defaulting on accounts I hadn't previously defaulted on, it theoretically made it worse, but I'm not sure how much worse it can get than everyone saying 'No' (unless when you apply potential creditors put on brass knuckles and start sadistically beating you around the face and neck).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 15:50   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Theoretically speaking dante should be out of debt on the 17th of November 2167.

Theoretically speaking.
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 16:31   #11
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

i saw this thread and instantly thought " its either a spammer or a viral marketer. Either way i want to cause them physical harm "
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 16:44   #12
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Unfortunately, I have a condo or some form of place to save for, a career to start, and a car/license to fully obtain.

Life insurance is one of those things that is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine for me right now.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 17:45   #13
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I'm 20 and have started a pension already.

Given my choice of career (musician) it's an important issue for me

But it means when I eventually retire in many many years to come I should have a nice sum set aside to keep me going and to enjoy myself.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 18:09   #14
Mitc
NASA Health & Safety

Mitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to behold

Having a wife and son I find I do need life insurance. It's a strange feeling knowing I'm worth more dead than alive.

My ability to sleep with one eye open and having the only key to the knive drawer is the only reason I'm still here to type this reply.
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 19:17   #15
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i have life insurance, as well as many other kinds of insureance, you tend to find that they start coming out of the woodwork when you get a mortgage
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 22:11   #16
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Actually, as you get older, your need for life insurance deminishes. I don't have to worry about providing for my children. The house is paid for, so if I die my wife won't have to worry about paying off the mortgage.

Insurance is most needed when one is young and has obligations to see to the monetary well being of children, etc. On the up side, when you are young, life insurance is the cheapest. Get term insurance.
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 00:58   #17
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
i saw this thread and instantly thought " its either a spammer or a viral marketer. Either way i want to cause them physical harm "
After the "Tomkat Event", it seems the mods no longer approve of banning 'real' people for advertising.
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 01:44   #18
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
Either way i want to cause them physical harm "
Pay per view?
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 08:54   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i'm thinking of becoming a fireman.
I read that as "Fremen" initially. (Become a Sardukar, the hours are better.)
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 16:08   #20
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: World Financial Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitc
Having a wife and son I find I do need life insurance. It's a strange feeling knowing I'm worth more dead than alive.
Unless you're old or disabled, you're almost certainly worth more alive than dead (think of all your future earnings). On the other hand, your beneficiaries might not want to wait.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 18:38   #21
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I have a travelinsurance, that also cover medical care outside Norway. It's piss cheap, no minimum costs or own fee, and counts from the moment i set my foot outside the door.

"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote