User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 29 Oct 2007, 01:39   #1
Phil M

Phil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the rough
Planetarion's future updates

What are we going to get from Planetarion in the next round and the next 2-3 rounds? I'm asking what future updates are going to come to Planetarion.

I'd say that one thing people are complaining about is the lack of vision within PA Team, changes occur on a round by round basis and we only tend to see them close to the start of the next round. Could we get an update of the next big things which are going to be implemented? Maybe a "state of the game" post at some point in each round where the people who run Planetarion can explain whats going on with the game currently and where they see the game going in the short/medium and possibly long term future.

One particular game I enjoy has a developers blog, something which Planetarion seems to lack.
Phil M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 01:56   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Planetarion's future updates

Considering the frequency at which PA team promises to do something (hi portal) which then fails to be delivered (hi portal) or is done sloppily (hi portal), I think that perhaps the damage of increasing that frequency might undo the good a long-term vision would do.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 10:49   #3
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Why are you treating PA Team as if they are full time employees of Jolt / Planetarion whereby they can dedicate all their time to it?

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 11:00   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I am more hoping that they would dedicate _some_ time to it.
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 04:57   #5
MikeB
i love ROCK

MikeB will become famous soon enoughMikeB will become famous soon enough

bit harsh karg, they do try yknow :P

but yeah.. i think some kind of long term vision.. even if its a little vague.. might make some people happy
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 18:30   #6
puss
ASS HC

puss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the rough

Why does there have to be so much change each round? Most discussions i have read are complaining about the lack of information about things that are to be changed or the slow speed at which things are made to work when they are changed or that the changes made are rubbish and should be changed back.

Surely just reducing the changes made would make people much happier, i don't hear of other games changing so dramatically every 3months to suit a few members whims. pa is a good game otherwise it wouldn't have its x player memberbase. I have a feling that rehauling stats over and over changing the portal etc. will not make players flood o the game, only word of mouth and advertising would do that -

I say give the hq a break on workload and let them tweak with actual problems/inbalances that occur in the game instead of changing the game every round

rant over :s

puss is offline   Reply With Quote