User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 29 Jul 2007, 15:18   #1
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Round 23

There's been a few questions about when Round 23 is timetabled to start. If we look at history then....

End of r22 - 10th August
Havoc - 11th August -> 18th August
Testing / Speedgames - 19th August -> 2nd September
Tick 1 - 13th September
note: these are estimates

What interests me the most (personally) is the gap between end of Havoc and signups. Any chance of a SG tournie? Either spread over a few weekends or a week long one?
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2007, 16:40   #2
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Re: Round 23

as long as the current rd ends before my holidays and the next rd doesnt start untill after im back im happy
but if im around a speedgame would interest me aswell

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2007, 18:23   #3
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

according to Appoco Round 23 starts already August 24th..a "bit" earlier than most expected, or has it been changed again? I would personally vote for a Roundstart in September to give people actually a break from pa

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2007, 20:11   #4
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone
according to Appoco Round 23 starts already August 24th..a "bit" earlier than most expected, or has it been changed again? I would personally vote for a Roundstart in September to give people actually a break from pa
24th of august?!? this simply cant be, the day before my birthday! I vote for september too

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2007, 20:32   #5
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I vote in favour of a speed game should such a vote arise.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 13:25   #6
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Over a month between round has got to be more than necessary. Id say round start on the 30th of August. One also has to remember that there is supposed to be room for one more round after next round before christmas.
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 21:32   #7
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

I'd like to see a bit more time between the end of the round and the allocation of Havoc resources.

Some (sad) people (such as me) like to save their positions at the end of the round (you know - overview screen, galaxy screen, that sort of thing) or even to see what their final rank was. It's getting so that you have to be online at the end of the round or you're going to miss it.

Please guys - give us a chance to see the results of our last two months of labour before you wipe it off our screens.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 21:51   #8
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Cut out havoc, and speed up the time between rounds start.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 21:59   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I agree with ArcChas. I don't like spending 50 days playing this game, only to end up not knowing how well I did.

There are a few other solutions for this problem, such as publishing the entire eor rankings, or putting your rank (value, score, xp, etc, the lot of it) on overview or mailing it to you. The possibilities are endless!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 22:10   #10
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

A few comments on the thread:

With regards to the original comment, the plan is as follows:

When ticks stop, there are (I just recounted to make sure) 19 complete weeks until christmas. We're aiming to break this down into:

2x7 week rounds
2x1 weeks of havoc
2x1 weeks of signup
1 week "spare"

This means that we have 1 week of havoc and then one week of signup, a 7 week round, 1 week of havoc, 1 week break, 1 week of signup, a 7 week round, 4 days off or so where we'll be having havoc etc, then Christmas Day.

This is due to the fact that we believe the majority of our players are going to be spending time around Christmas Day being busy. I know some European cultures do it before Christmas Eve/Day, but this way at least we finish for a fair few people. We can then have a break with havoc and more informal speedgames.

With regards the other matter about saving rankings, I'm willing to copy the bot dumps when the game ends and also, if possible, mass mail everyone their (score) rank, value, score and roids after the final tick has completed, as well as perhaps their galaxy rank and their alliance rank. I'll see what I have the time for.
For this, some sort of pointed reminder the day before, 5 hours before, 1 hour before, and just before (and after) the EoRC would be appreciated, as then I might remember to do it.
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 09:08   #11
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

can you take all my end of round screenshots for me too Appoco?
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 10:02   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You wrote a lot of drivel there appoco without confirming when next round starts
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 12:47   #13
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

oh.
24th August (hopefully). If things go dreadfully wrong over havoc, we might reschedule to the 31st
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 12:49   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I go on holidays on the 24th of august

Seriously though two weeks is a fairly short period of time. Most people like to take a bit of a break for a while anyways especially if they've been fighting up at the top intensively for the whole round.
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 13:04   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

see the timetable
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 13:33   #16
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Why you worry JBG, not like you fight for the topspots!

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 13:41   #17
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
oh.
24th August (hopefully). If things go dreadfully wrong over havoc, we might reschedule to the 31st
Things often go dreadfully wrong at some point.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 14:29   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Why you worry JBG, not like you fight for the topspots!

I do it for the millions watching.
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 01:19   #19
KoLoTH
Texan

KoLoTH will become famous soon enoughKoLoTH will become famous soon enough

fantastic!

r3: Fury (Member)
r4: Fury (Member)
r5-21: University student
r22: Orbit (DC)
r23: Obrit (DC)

"LOL, @ our ugly inbred illegitimate french half-cousin Myth"...
KoLoTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 08:11   #20
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
oh.
Is it wrong to hope things go dreadfully wrong over havoc...
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 13:39   #21
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well the start of the round are still boring as hell with 7 9 or 10 week rounds, speed up the reserch times a bit if you gonna have 7 week rounds

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 19:43   #22
Qerr
The $$60,000,000,000 man

Qerr is an unknown quantity at this point

dude, learn math 10 pluss 7 pluss 7 pluss 7 is 31 not 24 >.<
<Despair> and perish shall hawky, cradle and all
Qerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 20:03   #23
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

I support robban on this one. I'd like to see either longer rounds or faster research. I prefer longer rounds tho. The game just recently started getting really interesting and we're 1 day from tickstop :|

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 20:23   #24
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Research times are utterly irrelevant. The round is not going to be more interesting just because we all have au scans.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 21:25   #25
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Research times are utterly irrelevant. The round is not going to be more interesting just because we all have au scans.
Faster HCT-research opts for faster growth in the early stages thus evolving planets faster. Theese days most people have more roids than they can mine for 2/3 of the round. It feels too restricted, and i want to be free But like i said; I prefer longer rounds.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 21:31   #26
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
Faster HCT-research opts for faster growth in the early stages thus evolving planets faster. Theese days most people have more roids than they can mine for 2/3 of the round. It feels too restricted, and i want to be free But like i said; I prefer longer rounds.
Granted, there will always be a few (top) planets that have HCT issues, but I highly doubt "most people" have them during a large part of the round. Then again, I have no statistics to back up my claim, so no way of telling which of us is right.