User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 May 2005, 11:23   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
[Discuss]1 ship class missing for each race

well you get the idea.
I find it ok for a Xan not to have any BS
what about:
Terrans have no FI (get 1 extra DE but need to revamp a few ships targeting)
Caths have no FR (viper becomes CO)
Zik have no DE (clipper becomes CR)
Unread 10 May 2005, 11:32   #2
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough
Re: 1 ship class missing for each race

You can't get rid of the fighter/interceptor/harpy :eek:

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2005, 11:37   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
well you get the idea.
I find it ok for a Xan not to have any BS
what about:
Caths have no FR (viper becomes CO)
Zik have no DE (clipper becomes CR)
well, actually i am intending to have a play around with this idea when i build R14's ship stats - however i personally feel that removing the low-eta alliance defence classes (ie, FI/CO) isnt a good idea no matter how crap the ships in those classes may be .

But removing FR/DE/CR/BA is potentially viable.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2005, 11:42   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

could be that Terrans have no CO (Phoenix becomes FI)
Unread 10 May 2005, 12:27   #5
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

or that you switch the syren to something else?
Unread 10 May 2005, 12:32   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

While i like the fact that as it is now each race has a ship class they are a little weak in i'm not sure totally removing a ship class is a good idea. I mean its fine for people in top 10 alliances and top 50 galaxies who will have access to the other races ships to allow this missing ship class to be covered and it might even be fine for the those in lower alliances or lower galaxies than this but if your in really poor alliance or are a solo player AND/OR your in a bad galaxy you are looking to be totally screwed under such a system
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2005, 12:40   #7
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Er, this isnt removing a ship or a targetted ship class from each race, its just moving classes about so there is one less to be targetted by the enemy, meaning easier attacking..
Unread 11 May 2005, 02:21   #8
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
While i like the fact that as it is now each race has a ship class they are a little weak in i'm not sure totally removing a ship class is a good idea. I mean its fine for people in top 10 alliances and top 50 galaxies who will have access to the other races ships to allow this missing ship class to be covered and it might even be fine for the those in lower alliances or lower galaxies than this but if your in really poor alliance or are a solo player AND/OR your in a bad galaxy you are looking to be totally screwed under such a system
What? Why? How is not having a BS class ship a weakness for Xan this round?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2005, 08:22   #9
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

In theory it's a strength as they can combine more ships with different targeting priorities under one shiptype for targetting evading. The only time it sucks is if you're getting fleetcaught and because of your focusing, only have fi, co, fr and PK.

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2005, 10:07   #10
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Cathaars with only co/fr/de targetting all other ship classes \o/
and we will pwn all
Unread 11 May 2005, 20:04   #11
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
Please dont get rid of my harpys
As said below i am Terran till I quit and harpys are crap this round compared to the last one but still harpys are my l33t fleet
You would'nt beleive the missions they have been on.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.

Last edited by noah02; 11 May 2005 at 21:34.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2005, 22:08   #12
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
You and your harpys....
Unread 12 May 2005, 15:07   #13
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I think the tendancy here would be for all races bar perhaps Terran to drop bigger ships.
Xan could happily survive another round without Bs. Zik only have one De/Cr/Bs ship, and Cath are less and less dependant on their Bs over the rounds and so could happily drop them. Terran would probably end up dropping Cr/Fr.

I think the best point to make here is not that it *has* to happen, but that races aren't necessairly weakened (on their own) by missing a ship class. Obviously if lower class ships are missing it makes for worse defence with the alliance in general, but for example Cathaar's De fleet has, over the last couple of rounds, been fairly useful for defence, as have Beetles. This round, the Viper can also hold it's own.

Terran Phoenixes are also useful vs any Cath going Co, and while Terrans now suffer from Harpies being targetted by Xan Fi fleets, the majority of their Fr/ De targets ships the same class or higher, and so can be used for alliance defence - especially if the Terran is using Bs predominantly for roiding, so I feel that with weaker Fi/Co, while Xan are often one of the more popular choices for defence, and Zik love defence for stealing, Cathaar and Terran can defend with their powerful middle-sized ships.

I think that next round, if necessary, any class of ship can be dropped if it's seen to be more worthwhile to have that ship as a a different class than making sure all races have 6 classes, but I don't feel it should have to be enforced upon all the races.
Unread 31 May 2005, 01:56   #14
Avenged
Available

Avenged is just really niceAvenged is just really niceAvenged is just really niceAvenged is just really nice
Re: [Discuss]1 ship class missing for each race

surely it would leave the stats too open, making the game too hard for single players
Avenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2005, 07:57   #15
Cannon_Fodder

I would have thought:

Terran, no cr
Cath, no fr (make viper co)
Xan, no bs
Zik, no de

Give or take....
Unread 31 May 2005, 09:12   #16
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Cath, no fr (make viper co)
then what are my thiefs guna do when attacking a Cath?
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2005, 09:36   #17
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
well, actually i am intending to have a play around with this idea when i build R14's ship stats - however i personally feel that removing the low-eta alliance defence classes (ie, FI/CO) isnt a good idea no matter how crap the ships in those classes may be .
changing the shipclass doesn't nessecarily mean the eta will change.. Cath spiders could become CO for example, still having the valuable eta 7 def eta (mind this is only an example and would ofcourse need more changes to other races/ships in order to not screw up the overall stats :P). Same goes for any ship, a CR could easily be removed by making it BS instead... eta doesn't change just the class, not sure if this will make it hard to balance though (giving the ability of attackers to target possible defence ship classes and render it useless etc).
Unread 31 May 2005, 10:00   #18
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
then what are my thiefs guna do when attacking a Cath?
They do very little atm anyway..
Unread 31 May 2005, 14:11   #19
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
changing the shipclass doesn't nessecarily mean the eta will change.. Cath spiders could become CO for example, still having the valuable eta 7 def eta (mind this is only an example and would ofcourse need more changes to other races/ships in order to not screw up the overall stats :P). Same goes for any ship, a CR could easily be removed by making it BS instead... eta doesn't change just the class, not sure if this will make it hard to balance though (giving the ability of attackers to target possible defence ship classes and render it useless etc).
Soverign meant that, starting from scratch not just changing a couple of numbers etc on this round's stats, it's nice to have low ETA ships for alliance defence.
If you started say giving Terrans no Fi, one Co, etc then they're not going to be so helpful at alliance level (generally, although ofc lots of fr/de targetting its own classes and above would help )
Unread 31 May 2005, 15:20   #20
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
Soverign meant that, starting from scratch not just changing a couple of numbers etc on this round's stats, it's nice to have low ETA ships for alliance defence.
If you started say giving Terrans no Fi, one Co, etc then they're not going to be so helpful at alliance level (generally, although ofc lots of fr/de targetting its own classes and above would help )
Hmm i thought my reply would have prevented a reply like this. The point i had was that it is possible to remove Fi or Co from a race, i simply used the spider as reference instead of having to come up with a new ship.

For example you have a race:
Ship 1 class FI target FI
Ship 2 class CO target CO

either ship 1 could change class to CO without losing the eta on anti-FI. and if you have 2 races for CO anti-FI, 2 races with FI anti-FI, 2 races with FI anti-CO and 2 races with CO anti-CO you will have it balanced enough to be able to through something against any attacking FI/CO fleet and the option of removing a eta 7 ship class from a race. This is ofcourse a very simply and basic comparison and i know the stats won't be that static (i hope not atleast ), but it is possible. I just don't know if it will be easy to balance, but if you look at the harpy for example, i haven't seen many terrans with any, so they wouldn't be a big loss.
Unread 31 May 2005, 15:27   #21
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Harpy=CO?

It's a thought, atleast. Problem then is that with current stats, Xand vsh based attack fleets would be even harder to stop... harpies have made me recall on many occasions because in the majority of cases, I will keep my sentinels home to defend ally mates anyway!

If something like this happens, I think it's only right that terrans lose a smaller ship, FI, CO or maybe just FR...
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2005, 15:46   #22
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Harpy=CO?

It's a thought, atleast. Problem then is that with current stats, Xand vsh based attack fleets would be even harder to stop... harpies have made me recall on many occasions because in the majority of cases, I will keep my sentinels home to defend ally mates anyway!

If something like this happens, I think it's only right that terrans lose a smaller ship, FI, CO or maybe just FR...
Gatey dearest, you have just explained why you're currently rank 1400
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2005, 15:47   #23
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

If clippers aren't DE anymore... would they become CR then? O_o That'll just make zik frigs even harder to stop.... clip defence against ziks is quite useful
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2005, 15:56   #24
Wandows
[Vision]

i think its irrelavent to base this idea on the current stats. It is normal to assume there will be a complete set of new stats for all ships, different names(maybe), ship class, target class, efficiency. You can't possible say "but if they make my dear r-13 ship this class.. it will be messed up!", as chances are that ships don't even remotely resemble what we had for this round
Unread 1 Jun 2005, 19:12   #25
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
and Cath are less and less dependant on their Bs over the rounds and so could happily drop them.
The only thing about that is the cathaars like me who have built lots of guardians to save their bp m8's while their roach have been out attacking I would be sad to see them go tbh - even if they are really expensive. I like to see Guardians as my little salvage collectors against over confident Ziks
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2005, 21:44   #26
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Harpy=CO?

I already said don't touch my harpys.

But i do agree what someone said ^^ about if terran get rid of anything it should be cruisers as everyround i have ever played most i ever bothered buying is about 200.

Unread 1 Jun 2005, 22:17   #27
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I really don't see the point in doing this. It just narrows the tactical options available.
Unread 1 Jun 2005, 22:33   #28
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
I really don't see the point in doing this. It just narrows the tactical options available.
tiz coz we bored and just throwing whatever comes into are heads onto this board

Unread 4 Jun 2005, 06:52   #29
zen
zenguard

zen has a spectacular aura aboutzen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
As said below i am Terran till I quit and harpys are crap this round compared to the last one but still harpys are my l33t fleet
You would'nt beleive the missions they have been on.
Would you like to share what kind of mission they've been on?
it's rather interesting from mypoint of view, as i also symphatise terrans.
r15 Subh Member

"Siinä tapauksessa etenemme täydellä tuuppausvoimalla tuikutusetäisyydelle"
zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 08:12   #30
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Gatey dearest, you have just explained why you're currently rank 1400
But it also helps explain why I have over 175 defpoints, and why I make DCs cry with joy every single night by covering about a bunch of FI calls on meh own \o/

Quote:
I already said don't touch my harpys.

But i do agree what someone said ^^ about if terran get rid of anything it should be cruisers as everyround i have ever played most i ever bothered buying is about 200.
Does kinda go against Terran 'bigger is better' mantra though, I always though terran fleets should be 'encouraged' to build bigger ships.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote