User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Feb 2009, 18:10   #51
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of
Re: Fix the ****ing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
Opening the game now with the ticker stopped till tomorrow would easily be a solution to your argument.
Only if the player got back online in time to notice. Yes - for most active players that wouldn't be an issue but occasionally even active players might have to spend some time away from their PCs.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 06:40   #52
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
Only if the player got back online in time to notice. Yes - for most active players that wouldn't be an issue but occasionally even active players might have to spend some time away from their PCs.
come on Amnion, seriously, if they had stopped the ticker and rolled back 2 ticks and restarted the game at like 18 GMT, while ticks would start again the next day at 12 GMT, thats 18 hours to recall fleets.

whoever is not able to get online for 1 min in those 18h is just playing the wrong game.

this rule of recalling fleets is the worst rule of em all, and i can only hope it will be changed ASAP , as tbh i dont expect this downtime to have been the last in this last round.

here some quote from the last CH

<CH_Bot> (Q 29): <M0|afk> do you believe in OMAC keeping this last round running as promised, aka the full length and the known stable servers, or can we expect crap servers and like 5 weeks to play ?
<Appocomaster> I don't believe they'll cut us off
<Lunar_Lamp> (I've got a few contingency plans if needs be)
<Appocomaster> we get on with their server admin fairly well (though he does tend to hide when Lunar and I start looking for him)
<Appocomaster> we will, of course, keep backups of code
<Appocomaster> I don't think they'll break this promise
<Appocomaster> so we should be fine

^^

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 07:02   #53
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
That doesn't justify nullifying the efforts of the majority of other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US
come on Amnion, seriously, if they had stopped the ticker and rolled back 2 ticks and restarted the game at like 18 GMT, while ticks would start again the next day at 12 GMT, thats 18 hours to recall fleets.
QFT

fake edit: And I wasn't even going to land for mass roids or xp.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 15:31   #54
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

So you're both prepared to sacrifice the rounds of a few unlucky people in order to avoid inconveniencing the majority?

I can understand that view (even though I don't agree with it) but we need to be honest with ourselves and admit that we don't care about other players.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 17:09   #55
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
So you're both prepared to sacrifice the rounds of a few unlucky people in order to avoid inconveniencing the majority?

I can understand that view (even though I don't agree with it) but we need to be honest with ourselves and admit that we don't care about other players.
if you talk about players not able to log in for 18h!?

yes i dont care for those

Mr. GC can we exile #3 pls ?

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 23:39   #56
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Dear powers that be,

Now would be an excellent time to revisit the rollback/recall policy. We could talk about this in an open, rational way without the passionate cries of "WT****ING**** U TOOK MY ROIDS."

Or, you could wait until the server dies again and we go through the whole she-bang one more time for posterity.