User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Oct 2006, 15:10   #1
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Talking Negative Vibes.

After reading this forum today, and looking back over the last (whenever) I feel disdain at all the negative vibes, the total dissregard and the complete lack of respect for the Planetarion Staff, Jolt and the PA Crew. (callem what you will)

It is about time that we the community stood up and said some positives about this game and this community. Anyone visiting or looking at our forums to get an idea about our much loved game and community would get the impression we are all hate filled morons with no respect or regard for anyone or anything PA Game related.

So how about some positives?

Instead of diss'n everything and everyone, say something positive or constructive, yes criticise, but if you do so at least propose an alternative?

For example, contrary to the current round, in the last speed round Wave Distorters were not available to build untill after News Scans had been researched.

I liked this for various reasons, one of which is that it makes everyone available as an equally valid target given that 1 amplifier is enough to scan with for a considerable period of the round. A second reason is that it makes it feasable for a dedicated scanner to have a decent planet instead of an Amplifier factory with a few asteroids, making the game playable for them.

Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2006, 15:16   #2
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Negative Vibes.

oh please. you're actually coming out and advocating logical fallacies.

I'm going to use "we" here without consulting fellow 'hate filled morons', apologies if i speak out of line.

obviously we enjoy the game - else we A) wouldn't play and B) wouldn't waste time at these forums.

obviously we want to continuously enjoy the game which is why criticism/feedback are necessary. Just glazing over the issues doesn't work. that has been proven time and time again over the past...i don't know...19 rounds. What we need is a defined system of accountability and to remove any impediments that hinder the development of the game. I am of the opinion that the current cluster**** of a bureaucracy is one of said impediments - thus constantly processing applications and constantly coming up with fancy new titles and streamlining round naming competitions are secondary or tertiary objectives being treated as though they will SAVE TEH PLANETARION!>#@!

kudos for the news scan. that will not draw players to this game.
Unread 2 Oct 2006, 16:17   #3
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

oh - and - wave distorters can be built from tick 0. pld pld.

(i can edit too: yeah ok whatever, do what you want etc.)

Last edited by Barrow|Pony; 2 Oct 2006 at 16:29.
Barrow|Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2006, 16:21   #4
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

distorters being able to be built from tick 0 is a good thing

edit; it is good because CLOSING DOWN VARIOUS OPTIONS OF PLAYING THE GAME IS BAD, BAD, BAD! and anyway, if you want to remove scan accounts.. you might as remove distorters instead of that heh.

edit2: i have never distorterwhored and never will.. needs too much activity, so this isn't a biased view.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2006, 23:45   #5
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
distorters being able to be built from tick 0 is a good thing

edit; it is good because CLOSING DOWN VARIOUS OPTIONS OF PLAYING THE GAME IS BAD, BAD, BAD! and anyway, if you want to remove scan accounts.. you might as remove distorters instead of that heh.

edit2: i have never distorterwhored and never will.. needs too much activity, so this isn't a biased view.
I was making a point in relation to the ethos of the posters on here who always give out negative comments, merely using the distorters (my opinion on them) as an example of how to make a point and give a valid reason for it without being negative in regard to the decision.

The distorter issue for me is pretty much irrelevant as my alliance will have scanners that can pretty much scan anyone.

Please feel free to comment on the substance of my post rather than the example I cited to explain my meaning of it.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2006, 23:48   #6
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i was quite obviously complimenting the pa team for retaining that feature in the game
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 00:03   #7
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

theres always been negativity. perhaps with the shrinking player base who have played for more than half a dozen rounds. The negativity has also become concentrated to only half a dozen players.

Although i must admit after coming back to the game after two rounds, nothing seems to have changed, the game is exactly the same, the game play is exactly the same, the moaning is exactly teh same and the cries of "jolt you mustdo something" are still the same, and still nothing seems to happen.

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote