User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 May 2004, 16:22   #1
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[football] England team announced

couldn't see another thread with this in so here you go:

England's Euro 2004 squad:

Goalkeepers: David James (Man City), Paul Robinson (Tottenham), Ian Walker (Leicester)

Defenders: Gary Neville (Man Utd), Phil Neville (Man Utd), Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Sol Campbell (Arsenal), John Terry (Chelsea), Ledley King (Tottenham), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool).

Midfielders: David Beckham (Real Madrid), Paul Scholes (Man Utd), Nicky Butt (Man Utd), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Kieron Dyer (Newcastle), Joe Cole (Chelsea)

Strikers: Michael Owen (Liverpool), Emile Heskey (Liverpool), Darius Vassell (Aston Villa), Wayne Rooney (Everton).

Standby: Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Richard Wright (Everton), Matthew Upson (Birmingham), Gareth Southgate (Middlesbrough), Scott Parker (Chelsea), Alan Smith (Leeds).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...nd/3714245.stm

No real surprises but we could have done with an extra striker i think.Or do I mean a decent striker?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 16:29   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Re: [football] England team announced

Defoe

Vassel should not be in there. Heskey should only be in cos he's a foil for Owen, which i can't decide if it's a good reason or not.

Beattie, Owen, Defoe, Rooney would have been my pick.

Oh and the obligatory LOL Ian Walker LOL
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 16:31   #3
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

english keepers are all awful.
David James - England number 1? *Shudder*

EDIT - Nigel Martyn turned england down: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...nd/3722263.stm

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 17 May 2004, 16:32   #4
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Kieron Dyer and Joe Cole shouldn't be there, and neither should Heskey.

I'd stick with Vassell as a ready made substitute, but Smith should replace Heskey. I don't see the problem with 5 strikers either, so Defoe should be there.

I don't see a single left winger. Sure, Cole and Dyer could play there, but they are both shit.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 16:34   #5
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

goodluck.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 16:41   #6
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

beattie should be there.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 17 May 2004, 16:54   #7
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Vassell always plays well for england coming off the bench, so that's why he's there - I'd be shocked if he ever started in Euro 2004.

The fact we're selecting a Spurs centre back who has played centre midfield this season in one of the prem's leakier defences just shows how short we are at the mo. And Sod Walker and this 3 keepers lark - stick Defoe in so if we have to we can throw the kitchen sink at people.

As for left wingers we have one but he is somewhat overlooked as his team is full of eastern european water carriers who hoof it up the pitch and are getting deservedly relegated aren't we mr.townsend.

And if Beattie can play for England so can I
Unread 17 May 2004, 17:08   #8
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Beattie has been pretty awful recently, which is why he wasnt even in contention for a place. Smith and Defoe are a bit unlucky but Vassel always plays well when he comes on for England and Heskey is just their as a partner for Owen.

Sven has said Gerrard will be playing on the left, which is why he hasnt bothered with Thompson or any other proper left winger. I'm surprised Parker isnt there as he has been excellent this season, but it seems he's gone for Dyer and Cole instead so that he can throw them on in the hope they do something magical to get us a goal when we are behind to some second rate team.

I'ld just stick a traffic cone in the middle of the goal instead of using Walker.
Unread 17 May 2004, 17:17   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In other football news looks like arsenal will definitely win the premiership again next year.
Unread 17 May 2004, 17:36   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm most surpised about the inclusion of Joe Cole; when Sven was talking about not wanting Chelsea players injured by their big end of season match program, he mentioned Parker but not Cole. Evidently, it was either a slip of the tongue, or he changed his mind (Cole's been playing well recently, and adds variety to the squad in terms of skills and formation).

Ledley King played very well in Portugal, which is why he's in the squad.

I'm very suprised at the inclusion of Dyer though, I'd have taken Parker if only because he's more versatile (and more useful in a scrap). Plus he trains week in week out with Lampard and Cole, so there's a nice second string midfield shaping up there (+ Hargreaves on the right)
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 17:36   #11
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

no titus bramble??

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 17:38   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
no titus bramble??

This is a thread about footballers.
Unread 17 May 2004, 18:04   #13
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
couldn't see another thread with this in so here you go:

England's Euro 2004 squad:

Goalkeepers: David James (Man City), Paul Robinson (Tottenham), Ian Walker (Leicester)

Defenders: Gary Neville (Man Utd), Phil Neville (Man Utd), Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Sol Campbell (Arsenal), John Terry (Chelsea), Ledley King (Tottenham), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool).

Midfielders: David Beckham (Real Madrid), Paul Scholes (Man Utd), Nicky Butt (Man Utd), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Kieron Dyer (Newcastle), Joe Cole (Chelsea)

Strikers: Michael Owen (Liverpool), Emile Heskey (Liverpool), Darius Vassell (Aston Villa), Wayne Rooney (Everton).

Standby: Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Richard Wright (Everton), Matthew Upson (Birmingham), Gareth Southgate (Middlesbrough), Scott Parker (Chelsea), Alan Smith (Leeds).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...nd/3714245.stm

No real surprises but we could have done with an extra striker i think.Or do I mean a decent striker?
Ok Looking at that lineup I have to quickly ask, why the hell no beattie/phillips/stone/stead/Alan Thompson/Nolan near that line up?

They have all scored a LOT of goals this season respectively for their games played and their positions, a lot more than some picked ahead of them (and why parker isn't in ahead of hargreaves I don't know).

As for your keeper situation, it's just a shame you've overlooked two of your better potential keepers that are both plying their trades at the top two div 1 clubs who will be playing premiership next season (in which I see no shame in borrowing from for the squad.)

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 18:06   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Green was favourite to get the no 3 spot, but he has to have knee surgery.

I've never been too impressed by Hoult (or Poom in the last couple of games, but that's a sunderland issue )

Hargreaves is a better wide player than Parker.

If anyone was to be taken out, it would have to be Dyer every time. He doesn't score goals, he's not a great distributer, all he brings is pace which the team already has in abundance.
Unread 17 May 2004, 18:15   #15
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Hargreaves is there for his versatility. He can play right/left back, wing back, centre mid and right/left mid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
stead
I doubt you'll find a bigger fan of Stead on these forums than me but even i wouldnt seriously have picked him in the squad. He's 21 with only 12 games of Premiership experience, he is nowhere near experienced enough to go to a major championship. If he'ld played with us all season and shown the same ability then he could have been tried in a few friendlies and then maybe he would have shown that he is worth a place, but as it is there was no way he was going to get in the squad without 2 or 3 injuries to other forwards.
Unread 17 May 2004, 18:18   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Phillips is probably the most in form england player, but he's injured anyway.
Unread 17 May 2004, 18:19   #17
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Hargreaves can play all of those positions, but he's shit in all of them.

Oh and a saw an interview with Errikson, where someone asked him why he doesn't play Bridge and Cole on the left. He replied with "it is not fair to play someone out of position" (or similar) and then said in the same sentence "oh guess what i will play Gerrard on the left "
Unread 17 May 2004, 18:20   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
He played pretty well on the right in the last friendly I saw (last summer), and in some ways he's a minibeckham; good dead balls, nice range of passing, high work rate.
Unread 17 May 2004, 18:23   #19
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

We have better players to fill all of those roles.
Unread 17 May 2004, 18:24   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
We have better players to fill all of those roles.
Name a good english right midfielder/winger other than David Beckham.
Unread 17 May 2004, 18:24   #21
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Sean Wright-Phillips
Unread 17 May 2004, 18:25   #22
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

TBH, England really need to start awarding dual English nationality to all them african footballers like france has and cheap their way to success.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 17 May 2004, 18:27   #23
JC
lolly roffle

Cudicini can get English nationality soon i think .
Unread 17 May 2004, 18:29   #24
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

That's true, and it would be great. Unfortunately Italy will probably use him before we get chance to steal him.
Unread 17 May 2004, 18:29   #25
bacon roll
with ketchup

bacon roll is an unknown quantity at this point

I really hope hesky doesn't play he is so boring to watch, which I would overlook if he was effective. However he is most definatly not.
bacon roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 18:36   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
That's true, and it would be great. Unfortunately Italy will probably use him before we get chance to steal him.
He's 30/31. He's not going to be picked for the Italian national team, especially not ahead of the likes of Buffon.
Unread 17 May 2004, 18:48   #27
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

I meant out of spite, like Brazil with Edu.
Unread 17 May 2004, 18:53   #28
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

england wont survive the groupmatches i'm afraid :/
Unread 17 May 2004, 19:24   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
england wont survive the groupmatches i'm afraid :/
Croatia
England
Switzerland
France

Unread 17 May 2004, 19:47   #30
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

play a 4-4-2 with Joe Cole drifting from the left Beckham on the right and Lampard/Gerrard down the middle (but Scholes is sven's favourite so he will no doubt play)

Play Bridge at left back, instead of Cole who needs a guy orthodox in front of him, Terry/Campbell in the middle, Gary Neville at RB with the Roon (if he can lose some weight lo Gazza) and Owen up front.

Hargreaves is the most capable versatile English player we have, and considering someone's BOUND to get knackered before or during the tournament, he's a worthy addition.

Given a choice I'd play 3-5-2 but Sven won't ever play it cos he's a dull coont so there's little point even discussing it.
Unread 17 May 2004, 19:48   #31
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
This is a thread about footballers.
how dare you are! titus bramble is fabolous. he plays decent, he never dives, i have never saw him moaning about something, he is just doing his job without making a show. football needs more player with such an attitude (and the english team also does)

Unread 17 May 2004, 19:55   #32
JC
lolly roffle

Yeah but he's shit.
Unread 17 May 2004, 19:55   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
he plays decent
It's true that there isn't a match for Bramble in the premiership since the Brown/Blanc/Barthez trio went their seperate ways.
Unread 17 May 2004, 19:57   #34
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

Quote:
Croatia
England
Switzerland
France

it's doable, but it'll get hard i think. croatia always had a nice team that performs extra well on big tournaments and switserland can be tough too.
Unread 17 May 2004, 19:58   #35
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
It's true that there isn't a match for Bramble in the premiership since the Brown/Blanc/Barthez trio went their seperate ways.
Happy days
Unread 17 May 2004, 20:08   #36
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
i dont get your point as he played 29th times in the league. i saw him 5 times. 4 times in the uefa cup (psv/marseille) and one time with the english team against portugal. his performance was 5 times quite good.

Unread 17 May 2004, 20:09   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
i dont get your point as he played 29th times in the league. i saw him 5 times. 4 times in the uefa cup (psv/marseille) and one time with the english team against portugal. his performance was 5 times quite good.
That's quite strange because in every other game he's been demonstrating his mastery of the art of passing the ball to opposing forwards, and the Zen of the Own Goal.
Unread 17 May 2004, 20:22   #38
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
He was dodgy in the 2nd leg against Marseille when he had to face Drogba without Woodgate backing him up.
Unread 17 May 2004, 20:25   #39
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

nah that was all mcbriens fault!

Unread 17 May 2004, 20:26   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
nah that was all mcbriens fault!
O'Brian.

And no, Bramble is just a terrible defender.

He was a terrible (if young) defender at Ipswich, and he's a terrible (if slightly less young) defender at the mags.
Unread 17 May 2004, 20:35   #41
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

this doesnt make sense. you underestimate him.

he plays regulary for the magpies, one of the top 5 clubs in england. he played for the english team (i dont know how often, but he played at least one time). now claiming that he ever was terrible sounds very irrational.

Unread 17 May 2004, 21:05   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
he plays regulary for the magpies, one of the top 5 clubs in england
Widely regarded as having (sans Woodgate) the worst defense outside the bottom 5.

Quote:
he played for the english team (i dont know how often, but he played at least one time). now claiming that he ever was terrible sounds very irrational.
England U21's, I think you'll find.
Unread 17 May 2004, 21:09   #43
Evergreen
the merciless

Bramble has been an improvement on the barton, domi, goma days.

Unread 17 May 2004, 21:11   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
Bramble has been an improvement on the barton, domi, goma days.
A small copse would provide a more effective defensive display than most Kevin Keegan teams.
Unread 18 May 2004, 13:10   #45
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Wiltord is in the France squad.

Well, I'm confused.
Unread 18 May 2004, 13:42   #46
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
this doesnt make sense. you underestimate him.

he plays regulary for the magpies, one of the top 5 clubs in england. he played for the english team (i dont know how often, but he played at least one time). now claiming that he ever was terrible sounds very irrational.

emile
Unread 18 May 2004, 19:28   #47
Ste
Bored

Bramble does remind me of heskey...
not just cos he's black but because he never seems to know what he's doing but somehow everyone rates him highly.
He plays just how i think heskey would if he were stuck in defense...

Unread 18 May 2004, 19:35   #48
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Wiltord is in the France squad.

Well, I'm confused.
They've decided to give everyone else a chance. Nice to see some fair play from the French .
Unread 18 May 2004, 19:58   #49
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
Thats all that needs to be said about Owen Hargreaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

I doubt you'll find a bigger fan of Stead on these forums than me but even i wouldnt seriously have picked him in the squad. He's 21 with only 12 games of Premiership experience, he is nowhere near experienced enough to go to a major championship. .

Hello Wayne Rooney.

And before you say "hes played a full season near enough now", how many everton games was he picked after? You english seem to love chucking players in at the deep end from nowhere, and it worked for Owen, (people say, i dont like him though), Rooney, so why not Stead? I personally would take chances on untested players. You're seriously shitting me if you reckon Darius Vassell is the kind of England legend that is going to pop up off the bench from nowhere and score a second half hatrick against the dutch.

Also, id quite like to see a manager to have some bollocks and drop this third keeper malarky. When was the last time a second keeper was needed? If your gonna bring three, why not 4 or 5? The keepers you are bringing are so shite anyway why not give Ledley King or Jamie Carragher a crash course in keeping? Its all theyll ****ing do anyway.

That squad needs Defoe and/or Smith. It could also do with Wright-Phillips.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2004, 20:00   #50
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

There's a significant difference between selecting someone for a friendly (or even a normal international), but a major tournament? It's risky.