User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Sep 2004, 15:09   #1
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
super-markets

in dutch shopping centres you usually find a few supermarkets next to eachother, the top level being the 'Albert Heijn' and on the bottom you find Aldi and Lidl.

Now, personally, I always buy at Albert Heijn, nothing else, I might get the cheap brands there, but I always buy at Albert Heijn. The people there are nicer, better dressed, tidier and prettier and it gives me a more comfortable feeling. While at the aldi you basically find the scum of the earth.

Is that happening in your country too?
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 15:16   #2
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: super-markets

No.
England has Tesco, Sainsbury, Asda and (more recently) Morrisons (after buying Safeway) as the "Big 4", and they are comparable in terms of size, range, price etc. and while you may find more than 1 in the same town/area, they will not normally be together
Then we too have shops like Lidl and Aldi, which are very cheap, but we don't have one near us at home.
Then we have shops such as Spar, and One-Stop, and more recently Tesco-Express and Sainsbury's Local, which are generally bigger than a corner-shop, but smaller than a supermarket- you generally find these in towns, while supermarkets are in the out-of-town areas.
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 15:20   #3
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

well...

at the top of the chain is Marks and Sparks for food. Its got some of the best and most expensive food you can buy.

then id say Tesco followed by Sainsburys. Then Asda and finally morrisons (previously safeway)

Under these you get kwiksave
and finally Lidl / Aldi

lidl / aldi are actually very good if your a student. Some of the stuff in there is exactly the same as something from tesco but for half for the price....
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 15:38   #4
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
in dutch shopping centres you usually find a few supermarkets next to eachother, the top level being the 'Albert Heijn' and on the bottom you find Aldi and Lidl.

Now, personally, I always buy at Albert Heijn, nothing else, I might get the cheap brands there, but I always buy at Albert Heijn. The people there are nicer, better dressed, tidier and prettier and it gives me a more comfortable feeling. While at the aldi you basically find the scum of the earth.

Is that happening in your country too?
You spoiled rich-people-git you...
I buy at whatever is closest to home and has the product I'm looking for. That'd be a "super plus". I only walk into an aldi for the power drink and chocolate chip cookies.
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 15:39   #5
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
well...

at the top of the chain is Marks and Sparks for food. Its got some of the best and most expensive food you can buy.

then id say Tesco followed by Sainsburys. Then Asda and finally morrisons (previously safeway)

Under these you get kwiksave
and finally Lidl / Aldi

lidl / aldi are actually very good if your a student. Some of the stuff in there is exactly the same as something from tesco but for half for the price....
dude, sainsburys is well more expensive and posh, and asda is at the bottom (yet still good), under which goes kwiksave etc.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 15:46   #6
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

In Ireland you have Dunnes Stores and Tesco (both about the same), then Lidl (hole) then the more customer service orientated Superquinn.

Dunnes and Tesco compete as the largest, mainly on price etc. Superquinn competes on its service and stuff like fresh baked breads, foods etc.

Lidl just attracts the "bargin" hunters and scum.

There are vaious other smaller players of not much importance.
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 15:57   #7
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

waitrose is better than tesco
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 16:03   #8
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There's a Lidl just opened in Ed, and it's ****ing fantastic. I pay half what I normally do at Tesco, and they sell good-quality imported beers for next to no money.
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 16:05   #9
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

I find if you eat Marks & sparks for a week you will feel a lot better than if you saved and shopped at lidl's.

Just pointing out that quality is sometimes worth the extra price and that no-one would put crap that might be petrol in their car instead of the proper premium stuff.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 16:05   #10
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
waitrose is better than tesco
"Waitrose, where a loaf of bread require the re-mortgaging of just one of your houses"
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 16:09   #11
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

i shop at asda and tesco and generally i can do a weeks shop for 3 ppl for around 20 quid. Not bad really.

What i do find strange is that netto/lidl/aldi are more expensive than asda - go figure
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 16:11   #12
Aviendha
RaH !!!

Aviendha is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
well...

Agree on both counts, magnificent ready-to-eat foods, and bankrupting prices.

As a foreigner when i go shopping in the UK, i love how you can buy Mexican Lime and Spanish Grapefruit - juice with just a touch of Cuban Canesugar.
Or a Triple Belgian Chocolate Genuine Scottish Shortbread Cookie with a hint of French Grand Marnier.

Clearly we miss the eloquence here in Flanders to sell our foods, even if a Belgian Bun in Sainsburys is something i've never come across in any belgian bakery....
Aviendha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 17:06   #13
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i buy most things at aldi. the things i cant get there i buy at a little more expensive super market.
we have a lidl here too, but its a little further away, so i dont go there very often.
i dont think that there is much difference in quality. aldi has its own brands, but that doesnt mean it has poorer quality and lidl sells the same stuff you can get in any other supermarket aswell, just at a lower price.
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 17:17   #14
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

asda and tesco are about equal on the price and quality thing
as i have both nearby i genrally just go to whichever takes my fancy
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 17:17   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I do all my shopping at Iceland.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 17:40   #16
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i find M&S > Waitrose > Safeway (before becoming Morissons) > Tesco > sainsbury's > NEW! Safeway > ASDA > Iceland > farmfoods > Lidl > Aldi > Netto and i'm probably forgetting something but oh well.

agreeing wholeheratedly that M&S has easily the best ready-to-eat/easy-to-cook foods out there.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 17:59   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What the hell, are you all millionaires or something? How can you afford to eat food from M&S or Waitrose?
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 18:10   #18
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
What the hell, are you all millionaires or something? How can you afford to eat food from M&S or Waitrose?
parents

Iceland is however great for a rather less bourgeois type of person
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 19:09   #19
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Lidl and Aldi rock
I go there (well parents) most of the time since the food tastes the same and its cheaper
Plus theres an Aldi in Aber so Im sorted
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 20:37   #20
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Where I live, Safeway is now Sainsbury's, but it is in the area of town where all the working class scum live, so I hope they stock Pot Noodles. Aldi is in an industrial estate, and you don't buy food from industrial estates. Mr local Marks and Spencer is tiny and shit, and I've never even heard of "Waitrose", but it sounds like some hippy organic food specialist, and probably sucks. Lidl is great, and Netto is shit.

Tesco > Morrisons > Lidl > Asda > Sainsburys > Marks and Spencer > Netto > Iceland > Kwik Save > Aldi
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 21:15   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Waitrose is the supermarket for posh liberals.
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 21:27   #22
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I buy at Albert Heijn, only because it's the closest.

There's a Bas van der Heijden in town as well, but that's like ten more minutes of walking.
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 21:28   #23
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Waitrose is the supermarket for posh liberals.
waitrose is the food part of john lewis to clarify
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 21:35   #24
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light

The morrisons near me is a total shithole, thus, morisons is shit.
Sainsburys is non-existant., as is netto.
Iceland is a disgrace, as are farmfoods, kwik save and aldi.
Marks And Spencer is far too expensive for what you actually get(and thus, for me, being poor, is bad).
Tesco's is big.
Asda is bigger. In fact, I think its the biggest ASDA in Europe or, it was when it was built, though this sounds like the traditional bullshit people make up to feel good about their home town - which I am most certainly not.

Though, alot of this comes down to where you live in the country. I've never heard of a Waitrose, and I know that Sainsbury's and M+S get alot more business "down south", whereas ASDA gets alot more of its profit put into the more popular northern stores (I assume).
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 22:46   #25
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Biggest ASDA is just outside Manchester (not the trafford park one)

Waitrose > M&S > Sainsburys > ASDA > Tesco > everything else
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 22:47   #26
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: super-markets

We do most of our grocery shopping online now. The selection and quality isn't quite as expansive as a premium, top-of-the-line supermarket, but the convenience of having the groceries delivered far outweighs that. Added bonuses are no crowds, fast checkout, and you never get the cart with the bent wheel.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 00:05   #27
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Tesco > *
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 00:12   #28
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

seriously

those shopping at the aldi

do you even TASTE your food?

i mean, the vegetables are just disdainful and the only thing good is the frozen salmon, but the meat has pieces of bone in it and the structure and texture of the rest of the meat is just, god awefull. And the have no coca-cola there so that is really bad too.

I want my food to be fresh and of good quality, it is going into my body you know .. and that I want to be in decent shape.
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 01:03   #29
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
you never get the cart with the bent wheel.
My local supermarket doesn't have carts. The aisles are too narrow because all their stores are >100sqm to be allowed to stay open on Sundays. This fact, combined with their long open hours on all days and their proximity, is why I shop at Bunnpris (which translates to bottom price.)

Theam: your food is probably dosed with pesticides that will kill you.
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 01:15   #30
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

that's what you hope...
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 01:36   #31
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: super-markets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
My local supermarket doesn't have carts. The aisles are too narrow because all their stores are >100sqm to be allowed to stay open on Sundays. This fact, combined with their long open hours on all days and their proximity, is why I shop at Bunnpris (which translates to bottom price.)
Sounds more like a minimarket than a supermarket (or, as we call them here, a convenience store).
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 02:10   #32
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I guess it really is. But in terms of pricing and selection they're comparable with the proper supermarkets (not that there are many stores in Norway that can be called that.)
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 07:20   #33
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts

We always buy your things at the c1000 because that's where I work. But I have to admit that the coockies from the aldi are way tasty. So for those I'll enter it once every month
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 08:50   #34
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Dirk van den Broek

nice employees
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 09:28   #35
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

oh, and i have a whole lot of <3 for ASDA cos they sorted out a full list of their lactose free stuff for me but tesco just said 'duuuuuuuuur what?'
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 09:38   #36
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I am Dutch as you already know Theam. Have to agree that shopping in Albert Heijn is a bit more comfortable, no frustration over groups of lesser developed species blocking your path, less yelling, spoiled ****ed up kids poluting my sight and hearing. Still, the price difference is quite significant, I am not poor or anything but I just feel like a complete asshat paying more for the same product for that little bit of service I shouldnt be carring about anyway as it only takes a couple of minutes to lurk through.

Basicly I am just lazy and will just go to the one that's most close to me.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 09:48   #37
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

I prefer north end market. great duck eggs, a brilliant butchers and lots of veg, guv'

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 11:03   #38
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Well, if you want quality food here you need to travel all 'round town.
Fresh veggies from a farmer shop in a nearby shithole called Egchel.
Bread from a professional bakery in Panningen.
We have a nr of good butcheries near too.
Cookies from the Aldi. One can say what they want, but those really rock. Though it saddens me they don't have peanut cookies .
We don't have a Albert Heijn near (they quit a year ago or so) but the super plus can provide one with the rest of the quality products.

But really, do you have any idea of what you pay then?
I agree that a lot of stuff at the aldi is crap. My mother always buys bread there and it's shit beyond belief. It dries out very rapidly, tastes like nothing... just shit.
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 13:08   #39
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts

The good things you can buy at the aldi (heard this from my mum)

-the powerdrink
- the mozzerella
- the coockies
- the salmon (for evening dinner)
-And the juice made of all sorts of fruits (dunno the name)
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 13:10   #40
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

multi-vitamin fruit juice i think its called, damned nice stuff..
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 18:31   #41
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Actually that is fantastic, if it is what I'm thinking of.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 20:11   #42
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

In my town we have Tescos and Co-op (and farmfoods who mainly do frozen). Well Co-op sucks ass, the (own brand) food is poor quality, they have less choice and the fresh veg and bakery departments are nowhere near as good. So I shop at Tescos. (When I was staying with Tony in Glasgow Asda was closer, but I used to make him walk to Tescos because again I found the food to be better quality (and also it was next to the video store)). However I do tend to go to farmfoods for milk and bread because it's cheaper and closer to the flat, and also if I fancy buying frozen pizza or whatever it's miles cheaper.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 22:00   #43
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

My uni accomodation is in central Birmingham, right next to a big Tescos, so I shop there.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote