User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Jun 2004, 00:22   #1
«Messiah»

«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice
Dace

Dace, you being the only person I've ever known who works with the passport office, I was wondering if you could answer a quick question for me...

Travelling to France tomorrow, but my "special" friend has lost hiss passport. Looked absolutely everywhere, not to be found absolutely anywhere.

It is an option that he could fly out on the Saturday, and travel to Glasgow tomorrow if they can process his application in a day.

He phoned the passport people, however, and they said it was too late for an application for a lost passport. Were they being lazy, or is there any way possible for him to get his passport applied for and received by the end of tomorrow?

Cheers,
Messiah
«Messiah» is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 00:26   #2
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Dace

posting so that I can tell my potential grandchildren that I was there when Dace was useful for something.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 00:26   #3
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

meanwhile there's an al queda terrorist going around aberdeen with your mates passport.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 00:29   #4
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

do you need a passport to go to france? I thought we were one big happy euro family
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 00:31   #5
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

HMMMMMMMMMM.

I reckon he's ****ed.

Best case scenario ... if he travelled to Glasgow he'd have to travel with his counter sig (the person who says he is who he says he is ... all 1st time apps and lost ppt need this ie a countersig ... ppt pepole might not belive him and as such send off for confirmation to counter sig ... tis easier if guy is there as obvoiusly you dont have the time).

Saying all that tho im pretty sure lost ppt apps cant be fast tracked (ie what you're after).

Some gay rule or other.

TBH if he was just after a renewal (ie he had his old invalid ppt with him) he'd be pushing it to get it in a day as it is.

I'll try to think about it some more but atm i think he's ****ed.
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 00:32   #6
«Messiah»

«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice

That's what i wondered too.

We're flying EasyJet tho, and they're quite shit. Just says on their website "International flights need a valid uk passport".
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 00:35   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You need a passport (i definately did going and coming back from Italy etc).
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 00:36   #8
«Messiah»

OK, cheers Dace, was what I expected but thought I'd best double check.

etc
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 00:41   #9
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Messiah in 'More active than JJ non-shocker'

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 00:44   #10
Dace
so f*cking zen

Total NON-SHOCKER!
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 09:09   #11
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

I found out I'd lost my passport on a Thursday evening, when I was leaving to go on holiday on the Saturday morning. I phoned up the Irish embassy and explained, they faxed me an application form, and I went into London the next day and they processed my application in about 3 hours. If the British Passport Office won't do this then they're useless.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 09:21   #12
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Thats cause being Irish rocks.
Y'know if you had included a 20 euro note you would probably have gotten oral pleasure too!
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 21:19   #13
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Dace

Quote:
Originally Posted by «Messiah»
Travelling to France tomorrow, but my "special" friend has lost hiss passport.
MESSIAH HAS GAY SEX WITH MEN IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES BECAUSE IT'S SOCIALLY UNACEPTABLE IN SCOTLAND!
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 21:25   #14
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

this whole ****ing forum is full of ****ing fags
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 21:41   #15
Alex-

Alex- is an unknown quantity at this point

rofl
Gay alert lol
Alex- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 21:41   #16
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
this whole ****ing forum is full of ****ing fags
It's getting gayer by the day.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 22:09   #17
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

I think you can get one in a few hours if you go to the Passport Office in Petty France (just off Victoria Street between Victoria station and Westminster), but it costs quite a bit and you have to go to London. Don't know if there's anywhere that can do it elsewhere in the UK, but I'd guess they might be able to do it in Belfast as there's water between there and London.

He's probably stuffed though.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 22:34   #18
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Who cares, I know where mine is

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 00:17   #19
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Having just been throught his. No it can't. The one week service is doable for first time/ lost but the same day one aint. Harsh innit. (Ł70 i think i paid for the one week guaranteed)
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 00:26   #20
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

The moral of the story is that being Irish is the answer to everything.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 03:54   #21
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

is your special friend also your butt**** buddy
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 07:06   #22
Aviendha
RaH !!!

Aviendha is an unknown quantity at this point

Prolly useless info by now, but from experience :

Had my wallet stolen the day before going on hols, my ID was in there, and i didn't have a passport at the time (Belgian ID cards are all you need for intra-EU travel - Schengen or what's it called innit).
Nowadays there's this simplified 1 day passport service, but at the time it wasn't that simple.
So i just went to report my ID stolen at the police station, mentioned i was gonna travel abroad (through Austria which wasn't so Schengen-friendly at the time, ie passport-checks upon crossing the border) and they typed me out this simple paper with the needed official stamps in which they confirm i am who the paper says.
Got through Austria without probs, flew back from Bologna to Brussels with no pain, simple as that. Took me 5 extra mins on top of the report of it being stolen.

I assume the British system has something alike?
Aviendha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 08:51   #23
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you're overseas the British consulate can make you a makeshift "permission to travel" letter, but I doubt you can get it done when you're in the UK.

I was once in Hungary when my passport was stolen and we had to get the consulate guy to do this letter.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 20:26   #24
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviendha
I assume the British system has something alike?
yeah, we wish
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 20:44   #25
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The way most British agencies work is to take a relatively simple idea (ie. passport applications) and then make it inaccessable to anyone but a lawyer by tying the whole thing up in enough red tape to stretch to the moon and back.
To get a passport these days you need like 2 different peices of ID and numerous other bits of paper you probably lost or threw away the day you got them, and these then have to be crosschecked and validated against whichever agency issued the damn things, etc etc.

A month is considered a fast turnaround for a passport application in this country. A week would be a minor miracle. A day? Well, that'll be sometime after the second coming of Christ I imagine.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 20:45   #26
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The last time I got mine renewed was when the passport office systems all died.

They lost my application entirely!
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 20:51   #27
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ah yes, how could I forget the British tradition of installing a "brand new state of the art computer system that will speed up <x> by an amazing <y> percent" and then totally fouling it up AFTER throwing away the old one so absolutely nothing works.

Examples other than the passport system?
How about the new ATC computers; 5 years late, millions over budget, have crashed numerous times, and upgrades designed to fix the serious faults already in the software tend to make them grind to a halt (most recently, an upgrade to fix an 'issue' where the system allowed 2 planes to get a LOT closer than the safe seperation distance killed the system for an entire day).
Of course, every time that happens all flights are grounded. Another brilliant peice of IT budget spent by the UK government.

Unread 13 Jun 2004, 21:02   #28
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

That's because the UK goverment are willing to compete financially with the commercial airlines for good programmers. Hence all the commercial airlines have top notch database systems for processing their millions and millions of customers a day, where as ATC can't handle a few thousand flights a day....

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 21:53   #29
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

'Lowest bidder wins' is the ****ing problem. PAY SOME ****ING MONEY you ****S
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 22:22   #30
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
The way most British agencies work is to take a relatively simple idea (ie. passport applications) and then make it inaccessable to anyone but a lawyer by tying the whole thing up in enough red tape to stretch to the moon and back.
To get a passport these days you need like 2 different peices of ID and numerous other bits of paper you probably lost or threw away the day you got them, and these then have to be crosschecked and validated against whichever agency issued the damn things, etc etc.

Actually a first time application needs to send in:

- A (correctly) filled in applicationn form
- Two suitable (according to the guidline notes) countersigned photos
- A suitable countersig (known for >2 years with current passport and "professional") countersigning the application
- A birth certificate

It's really quite simple yet it's amazing how many people **** it up.

Quote:
A month is considered a fast turnaround for a passport application in this country. A week would be a minor miracle. A day? Well, that'll be sometime after the second coming of Christ I imagine.

Actually from receiving an application in the office we have a MAXIMUM turnaround time of 10 days.

This only applies if the form is correctly filled in tho.

If it's not then we usually just burn them.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 22:26   #31
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Ah yes, how could I forget the British tradition of installing a "brand new state of the art computer system that will speed up <x> by an amazing <y> percent" and then totally fouling it up AFTER throwing away the old one so absolutely nothing works.

1 office was supposed to be upgraded at a time.

They thought they'd be smart and do two at the same time and i think we all remember what happened.

****ing management.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 22:34   #32
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
Messiah in 'More active than JJ non-shocker'

It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 22:38   #33
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Dace

Let us kill JJ in his sleep and then crown Messiah before the dawn bre

Sorry, wrong board.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 23:02   #34
joobles

joobles is an unknown quantity at this point

If they bring in these ID cards that they're currently banging on about then I know a Spanish friend of mine is able to travel within the EU on his Spanish ID card alone without a passport. I am in no way inviting a discussion on ID cards and am sure this post will be useless anyway...
joobles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 23:05   #35
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
'Lowest bidder wins' is the ****ing problem. PAY SOME ****ING MONEY you ****S
This policy might actually be marginally justifiable if it didn't always result in far more expenditure than the more expensive option due to the large sums of money needed to put right all the problems created by rubbish cheap contractors.
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 17:00   #36
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

They checked my passport when i went to france.
there wasnt an 'I'm a European I don't need no stinking passport' option.
You could try a possibly illigal border crossing, mexican style.
How far is it to swim from Jersey?
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote