User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Apr 2004, 02:14   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
So i bought Stephen King's The Stand on DVD yesterday

Its only taken me two or three ****ing years to get a hold of. Amazon ****ed me about, and HMV wanted to charge me £20. For some reason last week it was re-released - despite being made in like 91 or something.

Its a five hour film, which in retrospect is one of the few good things about it probably ( i havent seen it since i was 12 or so). My questions;

a/ Has anyone even heard of it before / remember it? No one around me has any clue of its existence

b/ Did anyone like it?

c/ Did it ****ing bomb? It surely cant have been a huge success

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 02:17   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: So i bought Stephen King's The Stand on DVD yesterday

I saw parts of it while at a friend's house. I'm guessing the sheer length of the film pre-empted any possibility of it becoming widely successful (as opposed to say star wars where each film, despite being part of a larger story, can be viewed in it's own right).
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 02:22   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

From some things ive just read on IMDB, it seems to have been a made for TV movie. Now i know when i watched it, i watched an hour and a quarter on the saturday, the sunday, the following saturday and following sunday. BBC spread it over 2 weekends.

The fact its made for tv isnt very promising to be honest. I have no idea what i liked 6/7 years ago, its certainly not the kind of movie id buy from the plot summary, and i have a feeling its utter crap.

But i liked it so much and have been chasing it so long

Unread 16 Apr 2004, 02:31   #4
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Never saw the movie but the book is great
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 02:58   #5
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

As I remember it, the only good thing I have to say about the movie was I was able to say "aaahhh so that's what he meant at the end" which fully reinforced just how asinine and abrupt the ending of the book was...

King is probably the only author to consistently disappoint me with his endings...the stand was a spectacular book, and he devoted all of 2 or 3 pages to actually wrapping it up.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 06:44   #6
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Shit ending.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 07:04   #7
Crackmonkey
monkey on crack

Crackmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

It was originally a miniseries shown on network TV over the course of a week iirc. I think it was pretty popular too, but I don't know what kind of ratings it got or anything like that. From what I remember I liked it up until the ending, something about god throwing a nuke at the devil.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 09:55   #8
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

its ok, but nothing special, just out of interest, how much did you actually pay for it in the end then?
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 11:29   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

I paid £16 for it. Yeah, i know, its a shitload. But i mean, what the ****. Ive been hunting it down for so long.

Im actually quite nervous and embarrassed that i sit my friends at uni down tommorow night and we watch it only for it to be absolute horse shite. 5 hours wasted etc.

Still, saturday nights are shit here anyway

Unread 16 Apr 2004, 11:31   #10
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Are we talking hand of god here? If so.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 12:02   #11
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

I remember it, I have part two on video but couldn't find part one.

Haven't looked though :/

Superb film, especially when they nuke Vegas. Stu's comment when the glow comes over the horizon is sheer brilliance.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 13:48   #12
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Am I the only person who regards the words 'Stephen King's ' preceding anything as a sign of poor quality drivel desminated by a over-rated hack.
'it' is one of the best books ever.

ps yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
watched it last month

its ace
that was my opinion too but i haven't read the book so i couldn't say whether it'll be a letdown
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote