User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 7 Feb 2013, 02:32   #1
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future
NewDawn

Hello,

As some may know (probably only alliance hc’s) I have been taking an off round from active hc/politics due to big RL issue and leaving the other hc to have some freedom away from only hit ults... Tonight ND has organised a block hit against the #7 alliance (CT) because apparently we joined a block to hit them last weekend.

Now ND being our closest friends in PA I think we would of known if we did such a thing and I accept that some of the 20 incs they claim to have received from us during the whole weekend could be real, hell we have people soloing all the time and had a total of 1 nd planet in our raids for the weekend, but does that warrant a block hit?? does 20 incs for a weekend point to CT blocking against them? We get more incs than that in a single gal raid and send out approx. 60 fleets a night.

During our argument over why nd was doing this…

[23:50] <LeeAdama> 6 4 14 hit him tick 473
[23:50] <Joopster> <@Joopster> .check 6 4 14
[23:50] <Joopster> -SmartAss- 6:4:14 - (Not a member - '') - Name: superiority OF nlcke - Value: 2016780 - Score: 2696700 - Size: 1256 - Race: Xan - XP: 11332 - Idle Ticks: 0 - Rank: 148 - Hostility: None - Nap: No - In CT Buddypack: No - Alliance: Ultores - Alliance Status: neutral

So they are retaling CT with one of the alliances that actually hit them that weekend. <slow clap>

FAnG: sure we deserve to get some payback from fang for hitting them this week, no hard feelings between CT and FAnG, they were #1 and that’s the only reason

ultores, I don’t think I can say that after the last 7 rounds, we don’t deserve some hostility from them :P

innu yeah we have hit them quite hard in our gal raids, probably deserve that :P

ND … wtf have you been smoking!!

So ND claims it’s not an act of war, but we can’t take this backstabbing in any other way, we are friends of ND but sometimes we are not friends with its politics HC. we will retaliate with every last dying breath!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT

Last edited by [DDK]gm; 7 Feb 2013 at 02:41.
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2013, 02:54   #2
galla

galla is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: NewDawn

As the BC who organised most attacks I can say that we targeted only one alliance, Ast, on one occasion, the rest were gal attacks. I was instructed not to hit ND heavy gals as we had seen few incs from them. More recently, CT has hit Fang, I was not party to the decision, but at no point have we targeted ND. To me, this is no more or less than i expect, I would sooner trust a rattlesnale than ND but noone be fooled by any statement from ND that their actions are a retal, they just see a better chance of taking CT roids than other alliances'.
galla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2013, 03:01   #3
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

What you mean is, ND has a block behind them and dare targetting an alliance now

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2013, 05:23   #4
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Is it safe to say this is just a rebuilding round for CT? /me chuckles
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2013, 05:36   #5
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

yes we said that at the start of the round...
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 7 Feb 2013, 19:16   #6
Scott

Scott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the rough

Light! Get out!!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2013, 21:46   #7
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
yes we said that at the start of every round...
fixed.

every round you need to rebuild due to being so crap the previous round, its an endless circle of shit.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 7 Feb 2013, 23:07   #8
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
fixed.

every round you need to rebuild due to being so crap the previous round, its an endless circle of shit.
If you had been paying attention the last 4 rounds you would underestand what CT means with rebuilding.
Constant targetting the top alliance round after round, to wait for one of the top alliance to backstab their allies to try go for a premature #1 and the alliance theyve been targetting almost the whole round winning does do something to a alliance.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2013, 23:42   #9
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

That's the thing CT fought the top ally time and time again even when they knew they didn't have the strength to show's alot of brass and I tip my hat off to them im glad gm taking a relax round its nice to talk with him more even if he drunk so light hush until you try yourself you cant comment

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2013, 04:46   #10
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

As they say, "wait, wut?"

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2013, 05:07   #11
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
If you had been paying attention the last 4 rounds you would understand what CT means with rebuilding.
Constant targeting the top alliance round after round, to wait for one of the top alliance to back stab their allies to try go for a premature #1 and the alliance they've been targeting almost the whole round winning does do something to a alliance.
I admittedly haven't been watching PA politics for the past few rounds but there seems to always be one constant, how shit CT is as politics.

You seem to think its an achievement that you hit the #1 alliance in PA (if that did happen the way you said, i somehow doubt it). However, don't you find it a little alarming that every time you fail no matter what you do? I'd class the past 4 rounds as an utter failure from your HC's rather than an achievement that you 'tried'.
Unread 8 Feb 2013, 09:08   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

CT have never been the best alliance in PA (nor the worst), but I can vouch for their willingness to hit the #1 alliance.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2013, 09:25   #13
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

See wut happened was .... i was gone for a week.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2013, 09:29   #14
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I admittedly haven't been watching PA politics for the past few rounds but there seems to always be one constant, how shit CT is as politics.

You seem to think its an achievement that you hit the #1 alliance in PA (if that did happen the way you said, i somehow doubt it). However, don't you find it a little alarming that every time you fail no matter what you do? I'd class the past 4 rounds as an utter failure from your HC's rather than an achievement that you 'tried'.
There is some crap written on these forums but I think you win the award for the biggest load of it this round.

CT and GM are very GOOD at politics. Every round they put together a team capable of taking down the #1 alliance.
Now, this has always been Ult (with the back up of App). What you have to understand is you have arguably the best 100 players or so out of an estimated 600 active. That is incredibly hard to stop and requires blocking, something CT do well (I am not buying the argument 'just get better', it simply does not work like that).

Now, firstly, CT do this with other alliances so if you want to level it at CT you have to throw the same accusation at their 'friends'.

Secondly, look at why CT fail. It is because when it comes to the crunch, rather than keep bashing Ult they actually go for the win. Yes they don't usually make it but they put their members in that position to have a shot. You have to understand, a lot of CT members are not as skilled as Ult and co, and it is politics that give them this shot.
They would rather try and fail than not try at all.

CT (and other alliances like them) should be congratulated for playing at all, the alternative that they stop playing, lots of players will quit and the alliance with the best players will roid-farm all round.
Boring.

I for one am glad CT are here to make the game more interesting.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2013, 09:29   #15
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

And they will hit anyone, no matter how much 'better' they are
Unread 8 Feb 2013, 17:46   #16
guzlic

guzlic is an unknown quantity at this point

Tho i didn't always agree with CT political moves, i must admit they got balls to hit anyone, and keep it up for as long as it takes.

I'm really glad they tought ND a lesson
guzlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2013, 18:13   #17
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
There is some crap written on these forums but I think you win the award for the biggest load of it this round.
ok, lets have a look

Quote:
CT and GM are very GOOD at politics.
Rounds usually comes down to politics, since Asc stopped playing the skill level between the #1 and #2 alliance has grown smaller so politics can win you the round and beat the arguably most skilled alliance.

Quote:
Every round they put together a team capable of taking down the #1 alliance.
yet never manage it? So either you're telling the truth and you have a team capable of doing it and politics lets you down, or you're lying?

Quote:
Now, this has always been Ult (with the back up of App). What you have to understand is you have arguably the best 100 players or so out of an estimated 600 active. That is incredibly hard to stop and requires blocking, something CT do well (I am not buying the argument 'just get better', it simply does not work like that).
yes, to take down the #1 alliance requires politics.

Quote:
Now, firstly, CT do this with other alliances so if you want to level it at CT you have to throw the same accusation at their 'friends'.
CT's always been the common theme in every shit political decision but as you say, your HC's are good at politics and part of that is holding together a block for as long as its required or managing to stop a block forming against you.

Quote:
Secondly, look at why CT fail. It is because when it comes to the crunch, rather than keep bashing Ult they actually go for the win. Yes they don't usually make it but they put their members in that position to have a shot. You have to understand, a lot of CT members are not as skilled as Ult and co, and it is politics that give them this shot.
They would rather try and fail than not try at all.
rarely make it is an understatement. CT should of won far more rounds than they have but due to bad political decisions, they throw away rounds and sometimes keep 'bashing' ult is the right choice.

Ive never once seen CT actually play 'good' politics. Its always the standard, were the underdog so we'll setup up a block early to hit the #1 alliance then let it fall apart before the #1 alliance crumbles, then say we tried.

If you'd like an example of good politics, my best example would be during the Asc vs Omen round where multiple alliances played politics well. Asc had won godknows how many rounds in a row and were unstoppable, Wishmaster created Omen with the sole intention of killing Asc. From the first tick out of protection, Asc and Omen were at war and the war took its toll on both sides that every so often they'd organise weekend naps so there members could actually have a day off.

CT as per usual, were shit and decided to stay out of the war. While ND played the smart game, they knew that when the war between Asc and Omen was finally decided, they would be easily killed by the victor. They started on Omens side (as Omen was the weaker of the 2 and couldnt take Asc out 1v1, although it would of been close) and once Omen got a clear advantage and Asc was freefalling, they'd switch sides to help Asc out, then switch back when Omen was crumbling.

As the round progressed, morale in Omen and Asc started to fall. ND was flying further and further off into the distance (and CT but CT did nothing for it) while no-one in Asc or Omen could build value as they were constantly hitting each other every night (except elviz who pnap'd the universe).

ND was with Omen hitting Asc at the time, and Asc had hit rock bottom. It was basically the end of the war. Asc couldnt keep the activity up to survive much longer vs ND and Omen, while Omen didnt have the activity anymore to survive if ND switched sides again.

Up until this point, ND/Asc and Omen had played perfect politics.

ND knew that they could afford to keep switching sides even though it would piss both sides off. As neither Asc or Omen could afford to take a night off hitting each other to hit Nd when they switched sides and abandond them as it would give Asc or Omen a night off incs. Plus, when one side finally won, they'd come out of the war allied to the victor and CT would be picked off first allowing them to gain more value before the inevitable 'can we survive this 40mil+ lead till the end of the round' fight began.

Asc and Omen had done there war well, not taking a break from hitting each other to hit CT for easy roids or punish ND for switching sides which would of give the Asc or Omen space to breathe from incs and recoup some morale.

Anyway, Asc was being crushed and it became clear ND had decided to go the right route and help Omen kill Asc at the end, so that they would end of up fighting the weaker of the 2 alliances for #1.

Then JBG played a WTF political move, he publically posted on the forums that Asc had given up and that they couldnt continue the fight against ND and Omen any longer, that they would now target ND if ND didnt back off. Everyone in Omen thought they had now won, JBG had to resort to desperation and idle threats (it was obvious that even if ND continued to hit them, they would continue to hit Omen as we was there enemy. The only fun thing to add to that was, although we was enemys, Asc would of helped Omen win the round if it came down to Omen vs CT due to how shit CT were during the round and had gained no respect from anyone.).

and JBG's political move? It somehow got ND to back off (the one massive blunder from ND that round which potentially cost them the win). In one swift action, he changed the course of the round from Asc being wtfpwned into the ground finishing 5th out of 5 active alliances with there enemy Omen finishing 1st to Asc finishing 1st easily and taking another round win in a row with there enemy Omen disbanding mid round.

That was GOOD politics. In that situation, you could argue Asc and Omen clearly went for the win and they knew that to win the other had to die. ND went for the win by capitalizing on the Asc/Omen war and CT? CT claimed they went for the win by doing nothing then once they lost, claimed it was another rebuilding round.

I cant name one example where CT played good politics or out of the box thinking. Its always block, block falls apart, we tried/just a rebuilding round.

Quote:
CT (and other alliances like them) should be congratulated for playing at all, the alternative that they stop playing, lots of players will quit and the alliance with the best players will roid-farm all round.
Boring.
You get congratulated for doing something, not just turning up.
Unread 8 Feb 2013, 18:42   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For reference.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 8 Feb 2013, 19:51   #19
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=197508

^^ the forum thread that gave Asc the win in a hard fought round where any of 4 alliances could of won prior to that thread. Thats good politics.

God, i loved that round <3

Last edited by Light; 8 Feb 2013 at 19:58.
Unread 8 Feb 2013, 20:51   #20
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:

You clearly have never been targetting or been targetted a certain alliance/block in modern PaX with defensive stats. It does takes a lot of work keeping members inline, to keep attacking within allie raids, not soloing, and playing for the alliance as one instead of gal/planet ranks.
Claiming that CT has been a failure not being a part of what has been going on, and not been in CT makes you look like a fool.
Afaik Ronnie won two rounds i a row with CT? Is there any player that has won two rounds in a row earlier in PA history(i got no clue, but it is an achiement)?

Unread 8 Feb 2013, 21:43   #21
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
You clearly have never been targetting or been targetted a certain alliance/block in modern PaX with defensive stats. It does takes a lot of work keeping members inline, to keep attacking within allie raids, not soloing, and playing for the alliance as one instead of gal/planet ranks.
lol, i'll just ignore that.

Quote:
Claiming that CT has been a failure not being a part of what has been going on, and not been in CT makes you look like a fool.
I claim CT is shit at politics and when they fail they fall back on 'at least we tried' or the infamous 'its just a rebuilding round'.

Quote:
Afaik Ronnie won two rounds i a row with CT? Is there any player that has won two rounds in a row earlier in PA history(i got no clue, but it is an achiement)?
Its an achievement for Ronnie. It doesnt have any baring on CT unless it was a hard fought round where you had to constant protect him from incomings all round. However, in PA its usually the opposite; Finishing high due to avoiding incs rather than stopping them.

I remember catching one EORC where they said they might of had the least incomings ever of a #1 planet, was that any chance Ronnie?
Unread 8 Feb 2013, 22:42   #22
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
lol, i'll just ignore that.

I claim CT is shit at politics and when they fail they fall back on 'at least we tried' or the infamous 'its just a rebuilding round'.

Its an achievement for Ronnie. It doesnt have any baring on CT unless it was a hard fought round where you had to constant protect him from incomings all round. However, in PA its usually the opposite; Finishing high due to avoiding incs rather than stopping them.

I remember catching one EORC where they said they might of had the least incomings ever of a #1 planet, was that any chance Ronnie?
R47 CT was crusing into a victory after their allies decided to backstab em trying to go for #1 themself, how ever this was the case for FAnG r46 when CT decided to go for #1.
R45 CT was fighting the whole round against Ult/xVx who were sitting in #1 and #2 with a great value lead with defensive stats, the opposite block wernt able to take them down.
R48 CT was doing poltics great, but another allie decided to backstabb CT yet again, and in the end it was only CT and ODDR who kept hitting Ultores.
R49 CT did a amazing job fighting Ultores/Apprime again, and this was very hard on the memberbase of Ultores/FAnG and CT, this might be why Ultores and CT is still a bit from being #1 atm.
If CT had not wanted to fight the #1 allie in these rounds, sure they couldve ended high up, and been in a much better position this round memberbasewise.
Your posts and statements make you look clueless, doing politics today depends on what other allies might do, and they shift all the time for their own gain.

Unread 9 Feb 2013, 01:44   #23
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

You actually said that CT got backstabbed twice in four rounds yet you claim they "do" great politics. Politics is avoiding that kind of stuff happening. It's not just making a block - although that is part of politics as well of course.

Quote:
doing politics today depends on what other allies might do, and they shift all the time for their own gain.
Politics always has and always will depend on what others do and how you interact with them, that's what the word actually means. You can't have a political strategy that doesn't take into account what other people think and do and the way you can influence them.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]

Last edited by Shev; 9 Feb 2013 at 01:57.
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2013, 03:02   #24
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
You actually said that CT got backstabbed twice in four rounds yet you claim they "do" great politics. Politics is avoiding that kind of stuff happening. It's not just making a block - although that is part of politics as well of course.

Politics always has and always will depend on what others do and how you interact with them, that's what the word actually means. You can't have a political strategy that doesn't take into account what other people think and do and the way you can influence them.
Well in two of those rounds CT had to pay for the other allies stupidity. You cant avoid that stuff if your so called allies get blinded by roids. In two of those round it wasnt the fault of their own game plan that fcked them over, rather other allies getting ahead of themself.
R49 CT proved that they wouldnt fck up twice, like they did in r46

Unread 9 Feb 2013, 04:13   #25
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

YOOOOOOOOOO! Its not like that 4 allies in t5 are naped to eachother! Oh wait they are!
Unread 9 Feb 2013, 05:15   #26
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Well in two of those rounds CT had to pay for the other allies stupidity. You cant avoid that stuff if your so called allies get blinded by roids. In two of those round it wasnt the fault of their own game plan that fcked them over, rather other allies getting ahead of themself.
R49 CT proved that they wouldnt fck up twice, like they did in r46
your own gameplan has to involve other peoples game plan, thats what makes it good politics, you antipate what other people will do given the situation and you get them to join the outcome which results in you winning.

Jeez, i spent 10mins explaning a round where Asc got there ass handed to them and in one move switched it around so they'd win; all for nothing.

Go back to your, we tried a block against the #1 alliance, it fell apart, we can say we tried, now were rebuilding.

I find it strange how, CT is one of the longest lasted alliances in PA, but how many times have you come into a round as favorites? Is there a reason that for 20+ rounds, the best players have avoided your alliance like the plague?
Unread 9 Feb 2013, 08:15   #27
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
your own gameplan has to involve other peoples game plan, thats what makes it good politics, you antipate what other people will do given the situation and you get them to join the outcome which results in you winning.

Jeez, i spent 10mins explaning a round where Asc got there ass handed to them and in one move switched it around so they'd win; all for nothing.

Go back to your, we tried a block against the #1 alliance, it fell apart, we can say we tried, now were rebuilding.

I find it strange how, CT is one of the longest lasted alliances in PA, but how many times have you come into a round as favorites? Is there a reason that for 20+ rounds, the best players have avoided your alliance like the plague?
The past three rounds ive been ODDR, FAnG and now ROCK.
There is a reason for alliances like CT, Asc, 1up, Apprime and Ultores either disband or have down periodes, its a big stress for alliances to keep staying up late nights for years nonestop. This is natural for every alliance and every HCs/officers. Without new blood comming in every allie will run dry.

Unread 9 Feb 2013, 12:14   #28
[DDK]gm

Light, your arguing like butch3r is a CT member, he is not.

you cant always anticipate how stupid someone will be.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 9 Feb 2013, 13:01   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
A lot of shit about round 30
Wow, what ****ing round did you play? CT and Omen hit ascendancy at the start of that round. CT then switched sides to join Asc hitting Omen. CT then basically switched to galraiding for roids and didn't actively target either alliance. Once Ascendancy had basically beaten Omen one on one CT, who were then first, reunited with Omen and VGN and ND to hit ascendancy which then led to my post after 2/3 days of us being hit. ND were the ones who did nothing up until that point in the round, not CT. There's a lot of other stuff wrong in your post but at least if you're going to criticise CT criticise them for something they actually did. It's not like there's a shortage of bad CT rounds...

Unread 9 Feb 2013, 13:02   #30
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
you cant always anticipate how stupid someone will be.
That excuse might be reasonable once, but given it apparently happened in two consecutive rounds you might be expected to have seen it coming.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2013, 13:07   #31
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=197508

^^ the forum thread that gave Asc the win in a hard fought round where any of 4 alliances could of won prior to that thread. Thats good politics.

God, i loved that round <3
if i remember correctly you were omen that round
was probably the best round of pa

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2013, 19:00   #32
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:
no, it was jintao last round. he was in CT though.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2013, 20:58   #33
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
no, it was jintao last round. he was in CT though.
Yet another failure of CT to achieve anything the last 4 rounds

Unread 10 Feb 2013, 18:37   #34
[DDK]gm

Talking of failures... Hi Light!!!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 11 Feb 2013, 09:42   #35
Frippet

Frippet is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Paying attention? Oh sorry, were they not fawning over you Light sweetheart. Oh, Nice crash the other day Your achievement is to appear as aggressive as possible. Here's a tip: You made it Light. Such a viscous person I've not known of until now.
Frippet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2013, 11:10   #36
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiktionary
Adjective
viscous (comparative more viscous, superlative most viscous)
  1. Having a thick, sticky consistency between solid and liquid
  2. (physics) Of or pertaining to viscosity
Unread 11 Feb 2013, 16:06   #37
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Oh i just love it when you quote the dictionary. It makes u look like ur above the rest

Unread 11 Feb 2013, 16:28   #38
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I am.
Unread 18 Feb 2013, 00:51   #39
LynchMob
Old Fart

LynchMob is infamous around these partsLynchMob is infamous around these partsLynchMob is infamous around these parts

All i can say this i LOLFKNLOL, GM i remember CT did this to FAnG a few rounds ago and you acted like oh jeez its part of the game. Get your big boy pants on m8.

please..

#FAnG

#Mercenaries
LynchMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2013, 08:09   #40
Forest

nd/fang playing farm-arion

ppl dont forget

gl next round
Unread 23 Feb 2013, 18:39   #41
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
nd/fang playing farm-arion

ppl dont forget

gl next round
... yes ...
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2013, 22:53   #42
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Tbh i think Forest is the only one who remembers round to round...

No one else actually gives a toss.

You work with who gives you the best chance of acheiving your goals at the current time in the round regardless of past actions, yes they may cause you to be wary of those you work with but it doesnt stop you doing. The end always justifies the means.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2013, 02:52   #43
[DDK]gm

shows how much you know kaiba
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 25 Feb 2013, 03:07   #44
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Connovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the rough

farm-arion...interesting concept, i think you should sell the idea to appocomaster, given the playerbases of games like farmville and stuff on facebook, could be the breath of fresh air this game needs!
Connovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2013, 11:10   #45
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

most people already play bash-arion, so farm-arion shouldn't be too difficult