User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Dec 2009, 19:19   #1
Cowch
Moo

Cowch is on a distinguished road
Full round block war.

Here is an idea that requires less coding than the last:

Eliminate galaxies. Make clusters -2 eta for def. Only have 2 clusters.

Make it so you can only exile within the cluster you start in.
<-- (Edit: That doesn't make any sense since I said eliminate galaxies. I guess there would be no exiling.)

Yes, this trashes our traditional notion of alliances for one round, as I think both clusters would quickly become giant cluster alliances.

Personally, I think the block war was the best part of this round, so I'm willing to try it for an entire round.

Objections? Additional idea? Toilets?

Last edited by Cowch; 11 Dec 2009 at 19:55. Reason: I left out only having two clusters before. I need an editor who can read my brain and help me get the whole idea out.
Cowch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2009, 19:25   #2
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Re: Full round block war.

Paging kenny , i'm sure someone else can point out all the flaws but my main concern would be who decides what side of the blocks each ally is on ?

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2009, 19:34   #3
Cowch
Moo

Hahaha.

Well, I think the traditional alliances we have now would end up out the window. You would just have to start from scratch and scramble to assemble a cluster alliance as fast as possible.

It clearly would suspend the alliances we all know right now for one round, there is no doubt about that. It would also randomize who is in which block.

If our current alliance system is a sacred cow, and we can't fathom scrapping it for one round, then this idea is also dead.

P.S. I don't really care to have a permanent adversary in Kenny, so: I apologize. Kenny, I'm sure you're a very nice person.
Unread 11 Dec 2009, 20:21   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

we had that for a speed round, so it must be easy to implement. I just don't like the idea of limiting a whole PA round to fighting this kind of war, because as soon as a block/cluster let go, it's over.
Unread 11 Dec 2009, 20:41   #5
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Oh for **** sake.
Unread 12 Dec 2009, 00:56   #6
Cowch
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
we had that for a speed round, so it must be easy to implement. I just don't like the idea of limiting a whole PA round to fighting this kind of war, because as soon as a block/cluster let go, it's over.
Good point. I guess at that point the competition would have to be for top planet. Although, I agree a full round would be a bit long for this.

What if it was 4 clusters? Would that mix things up? Or would two clusters pound the other two, then declare joint victory?

Or maybe 4 clusters would make it easier for the traditional alliances to function, and for 4 cluster alliances to form and get in the mix. So the cluster alliances would compete with the traditional alliances. Their disadvantage would be in organization, but their advantage would be in -2 eta.

Or just leave it as things are and give cluster def a -2. But right now I think there are too many clusters for cluster alliances to form.