User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 16 Oct 2009, 23:21   #1
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts
Flame

Hey guys

Just a quick announcement about a new group that we're trying to put together called 'Flame'.

The idea of Flame is that we're going to play for the fun of the game, and not worry about tag score, or average score. Typically in Planetarion everyone plays for the betterment of their planet - Flame's aim is to play specifically to detriment of others. If you have 300 roids, we want 250 of them, even if they're spread out over 10 people. If you have ships flying, we want to catch them. It doesn't matter who you are, or what you've done; you're on our list.

We will be round 34's intergalactic niusances, and you can either be with us (by joining #pa-flame and speaking to either myself or Kenny) or, well, don't annoy us :P

CBA

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2009, 23:25   #2
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Flame

I endorse this message.
Unread 16 Oct 2009, 23:29   #3
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Can't be described with other words than 'lol'

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2009, 23:31   #4
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobbe View Post
Can't be described with other words than 'lol'
I ve put your application form at the bottem of the pile, I ll let Kenny deal with it!

Unread 16 Oct 2009, 23:29   #5
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Have fun kids!

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2009, 23:33   #6
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Good luck Flame!
[ND]Byrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2009, 02:45   #7
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

what tick CBA will quit ?
Unread 17 Oct 2009, 07:29   #8
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
what tick CBA will quit ?
Quitting isn't a sign of weekness, more a sign of having a real life. Next round i dont have one of those so heh, I should be in it for the long haul.

Unread 17 Oct 2009, 08:18   #9
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Quitting isn't a sign of weekness, more a sign of having a real life. Next round i dont have one of those so heh, I should be in it for the long haul.
Hahahahahaha. You honestly believe that? I sincerely doubt most people suddenly get a life in the middle of a 7 week round. And why do people always get a life when they are doing bad, and not when they are doing good?
Unread 17 Oct 2009, 09:47   #10
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Or a sign of failing hard. :]
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 03:20   #11
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Says the guy who kicked me a week and a half into the round for having a real life!

Good luck with Flame though. It sounds like my kind of group, except I'm even less inclined to play than most.
Unread 17 Oct 2009, 03:02   #12
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

put me on the top of your list please
Unread 17 Oct 2009, 03:34   #13
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Well, CBA's calling shots and so he's odds on to make it through protection. Beyond that it'd be wrong of me to make any monetary predictions, as I'd just talk it over with him and come to some agreement whereby we split the cash.
Unread 17 Oct 2009, 06:57   #14
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

i would join up if i ever played again!

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2009, 10:02   #15
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Typically in Planetarion everyone plays for the betterment of their planet - Flame's aim is to play specifically to detriment of others.
I thought of Angels when I read this.
Unread 17 Oct 2009, 10:21   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
I thought of Angels when I read this.
And when I read this, I thought of Vengeance. Playing against Ascendancy, instead of for their own fun?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2009, 10:23   #17
eltsin
zawze^asc

eltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really nice

I thought Angels' aim was to ruin their own planets, not others.
Unread 17 Oct 2009, 10:25   #18
VampiriA
Retired

VampiriA is on a distinguished road

so, you guys will enter the rnd. Kenny will go awol in about 1 week. CBA will quit. and the universe will Farm the rest! \o/
great plan
:P

Apprime supreme hc, above MaxMilliaN
VampiriA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2009, 13:31   #19
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

these joke threads stopped being funny 2 rounds ago

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2009, 14:12   #20
CBA
Mind-boggling

Good thing this isn't a joke.

Unread 18 Oct 2009, 01:47   #21
Ratcha

Ratcha will become famous soon enoughRatcha will become famous soon enough

If I read this correct, this is the typical group for me. I don't really have the time to play PA decently, but I love to play it. Now I can just log in when I have the time and have some battles just to screw with the other planet... I mean when you don't have the time to log in every other hour, you don't really stand a chance to ending at a decent position. The only time I ended up in T100 was when I had no job and no real life...........
So if this is the case, count me in
[R19: Hidden Agenda][Rank: 351]
[R20: Vengeance][Rank: 62]
[R21: Vengeance][Rank >200]
[R22: Vengeance][DNF]
[R23: Vengeance]

Its better to die on you're feet then to live on you're knees
Ratcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 08:30   #22
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

CBA, you should start by hitting pt72 everyone who is making snide remarks about Flame in this thread. You could make fleet names relevant to the posts, like something about getting the last laugh when you hit gzambo etc. Oh man Flame is seeming like loads of fun already...
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 11:06   #23
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
CBA, you should start by hitting pt72 everyone who is making snide remarks about Flame in this thread. You could make fleet names relevant to the posts, like something about getting the last laugh when you hit gzambo etc. Oh man Flame is seeming like loads of fun already...
It would be something that you would enjoy zebra

Unread 22 Oct 2009, 14:38   #24
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
I'll even mail them my coords after the shuffle , early round salvage donations are always welcome

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 09:42   #25
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

Tick 72? Look at portal, much sooner than that, mate
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 01:47   #26
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

kinda like a bee, your not afraid but, your pretty pissed when it stings you.
have fun - keep your values up
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 13:12   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The only way this thread could get any lamer is if it grew legs, left the internet, got runover by a car and lost the use of its legs ending life in a wheelchair drooling spastically on itself.
Unread 22 Oct 2009, 09:18   #28
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
The only way this thread could get any lamer is if it grew legs, left the internet, got runover by a car and lost the use of its legs ending life in a wheelchair drooling spastically on itself.
I take it you're applying?

Unread 23 Oct 2009, 13:29   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I take it you're applying?
Only if it means no more whiny pms to read through!
Unread 25 Oct 2009, 03:28   #30
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The only way this thread could get any lamer is if it grew legs...
Kenny just proved you wrong.
Unread 25 Oct 2009, 16:04   #31
CBA
Mind-boggling

Erm I aint playing in Flame without Kenny lol so that's that then!

Unread 22 Oct 2009, 09:17   #32
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

jezus christ.
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 13:26   #33
Kafir
Retired

Kafir is infamous around these parts

Kenny join #pa-flame so i can pm you!
Kafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2009, 09:35   #34
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
We will be round 34's intergalactic niusances
Signed CBA, semi-professional intergalactic nuisance since round what?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2009, 12:34   #35
Hosie
Look its a useless rank.
Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion

Hosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to all

Its a genuine shame that we didn't know about this when JBG did the what alliance should I join poll
Hosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2009, 23:48   #36
t3k
The Video Guy

Just a short follow-up:

I've decided not to pursue the Flame project.

I wish CBA all the best of luck with it, but I've decided that starting a new alliance from scratch is an awful lot of work and I find myself not enjoying the prospect of a new venture quite as much as I used to.

This is by no means a reflection on CBA or Flame or any of the people who've come forward with a view to join, it's just not something I can put any time towards at the moment.

That is all.
Unread 25 Oct 2009, 00:47   #37
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Sorry CBA, I was at the fair tonight mate! (it was shit)
Unread 25 Oct 2009, 16:24   #38
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

Well played Flame, sad to see you go. All in all a big success though I think we can all agree
Unread 25 Oct 2009, 16:37   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

Best. Alliance. Ever.
Unread 25 Oct 2009, 16:42   #40
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Best. Alliance. Ever.
Rivalled only by Angels...
Unread 25 Oct 2009, 18:46   #41
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

I actually considered the R/P name of Flame of Disbanding before tickstart

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2009, 18:49   #42
t3k
The Video Guy

As far as I know, Flame never actually 'banded'. I set a channel up on IRC, and spoke to ell about using merlin... then neither CBA nor I actually went and recruited anybody...
Unread 25 Oct 2009, 23:31   #43
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
As far as I know, Flame never actually 'banded'. I set a channel up on IRC, and spoke to ell about using merlin... then neither CBA nor I actually went and recruited anybody...
You tried to recruit me, man :|
Unread 26 Oct 2009, 01:30   #44
t3k
The Video Guy

How does that contradict what I said?
Unread 26 Oct 2009, 09:12   #45
Kafir
Retired

Kafir is infamous around these parts

I'm dissapointed!
Kafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2009, 13:10   #46
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Flame could still merge with Fail to create Flaming Fail or somethig equally pointless :P
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2009, 22:07   #47
t3k
The Video Guy

!!!! what a great idea !!!!