User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 26 Nov 2005, 08:47   #1
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Ron7684 can only hope to improve
Remove/reduce Traveltime restriction on free planets

Ok, personally i am not an unpaid player. But as an HC of a training alliance, i have a problem with the current system, be it ship stats or Traveltime research limits.

If you look at the stats, you will see that no fi/co class ship can hit a cr/bs class ship. The problem with this? Eta -4 paid == BS/CR ETA 9. Eta -2 free == CO/FI ETA 9. The only interactivity between free and paid planets according to ETA is this, and its useless, because as mentioned above, no CO/FI ship can target a CR/BS ship.

This, essentially, makes free planets utterly useless in an alliance as they cannot defend anyone. I find it highly unfair that this is being done and i would like to see a change.

Either a stats recomposition for PAN where CO/FI can target the larger ships (will there even be CO/FI classes in PAN or is it not changing as much as i believe), -OR- A reduction or removal of the Traveltime research for unpaid planets, either to ETA -3 or the full ETA -4.

Please tell me what you think about this and if you too would like to see it changed if PAN still incorporates these aspects
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 08:55   #2
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice
Re: Remove/reduce Traveltime restriction on free planets

maybe just for alliance defence they should get the restriction droped to ETA -3/4 that way they get a good taste so they may then buy the credits to have the full experince

i would go with ETA -3 for alliance travel as ETA -4 should be kept for the paid planets so alliances can't abuse free planets

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 09:04   #3
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorsdown
maybe just for alliance defence they should get the restriction droped to ETA -3/4
I dont get how that would work, it must still be researched which complicates things like when they leave alliances. Unless you do something like Freebie Alliance Eta == Eta -2 (total -4). Paid planets still have an advantage here because Paid Alliance Eta == Eta -1 = (total -5).
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 09:39   #4
Doorsdown

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

yes BUT at ETA -3 ur Fi/Co fleets can make eta 8 so you can't catch eta 7 runs but u can def fr/de/cr/bs so maybe ETA -4 for alliance only would be the way to go just to make the playing field level

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 09:41   #5
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

What i was asking is whether it was a research or a given bonus. Like how we now get -1 eta to alliance defence. Would free planets receive -2 eta to alliance def.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 09:55   #6
Doorsdown

then they still couldn't def agaist fi/co attacks at all

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 09:56   #7
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

yes, but that would give full access. This is limited access, yet it allows the use of key ships like vsharraks, vipers, and corsairs. a perfect balance
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 10:14   #8
Doorsdown

alliance bonus -2 and ETA -3 are the same thing there is still the issue that there can be no defence for FI/Co attacks from freebie plus this would give unpaid planets an unfair advantge esp early on as they would be given an extra tick off the alliance defence that paid planets do not even get. so that would not be the way to do allowing them to reasearch more is

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 11:07   #9
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

free planets are imo not designed to play a full round with - it is a short trial period where you test out the game (a bit) and decide to pay or leave.

Changing the free planet too much from an (just) limited paid planet is not good because it could lead to a lot of confusion between the unpaid planets who upgrade their accounts.

Summary : free planets are meant to be useless - if you want to integrate them : pay!

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 15:40   #10
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

free planets are meant to be there to see what the game is like without being abused by people who want easy and free flak planets, etc.
I personally approve of having a -2 ETA advantage in alliance for free planets, as I think this means that alliances will be more willing to take some of them on.
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 22:32   #11
Doorsdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
free planets are meant to be there to see what the game is like without being abused by people who want easy and free flak planets, etc.
I personally approve of having a -2 ETA advantage in alliance for free planets, as I think this means that alliances will be more willing to take some of them on.
Doing that at the start of the game makes free planets better at defending than a paid planet. Basic travel time is 12 for fi/co and atm paid planets have eta 11 to in alliance this would make free planets eta 10 to inalliance. would it not be better to allow them to research one step further rather than make them faster off the top. Plus the eta advantge of researching more unpaid would only apply to in alliance defence not all arround eta

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 09:14   #12
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Free planets are demo planets so removing / reducing travel time would be stupid as it wouldnt give them an even view of things.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 12:53   #13
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

No, they'd still be 1 tick behind paid planets when defending in the alliance come the end of researches.
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 14:05   #14
Doorsdown

in the end but not right off the bat though

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 14:06   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

What about if the alliance bonus for free planets is 0, 1 or 2 depending on if they've researched 0, 1 or 2 of their tech trees?
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 02:19   #16
Doorsdown

why go the hard route

unpaid planets should be able to research all but not use all, so they can keep researching so they don't have to wait for a credit to come in when and if they decide to pay.

So let them use ETA -3/4 for inalliance only and ETA -2 for out of alliance

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired