User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 16 Sep 2005, 03:02   #1
kingzzz

kingzzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Galaxy Researching

This is a good idea as it gives ministers more purpose in PA. Give researches that helps the whole gal and can be initiated when all the ministers vote for them. dont have to be anything drastic but simple researches. a few researches that could be put in is:
-lower cost when trading fund with uni eg 20% instead of 25%
-make the fund grow buy 10k each a day (something reasonable but not so it can be abused)
-everyone ingal gets 1% bonus to mining (something reasonable but not so it can be abused)
-cheaper scans (say reduce cost of all scans done by gal member by a %)
-lottery, donates resources to a person ingal once every few days eg 1mill of each (doesnt come from fund)
-more salvage 20% attackers 25% defenders ( for landing in that particular gal only)
-cheaper exiling prices (when exiling using fund money)

ofcourse u name the invidual researches somehing suitable.
make the researches take heaps of time like 100-200 ticks or so, and u can on some of those researches have a next branch to increase the benefit again.
kingzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 14:56   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Galaxy Researching

So you're making the better galaxies ever better, and disadvantaging weaker (less active) galaxies. Way to go.
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 15:25   #3
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Remember when the galaxy had a kinda extra tick to attack or something if they donated so much to the fund lol.
Damn there was some crazy ideas back then

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 23:28   #4
kingzzz

like i said the ienhancements dont have to high but at least some...
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 23:45   #5
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

well things like this "jumpgate" that saved certain amount of Eonium into another galaxy for 72 hrs were not that bad at all from the idea. of course you cannot transfer it to curent PA.

but in the end i agree with furball, i dont really see options that would be "fair"

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 04:50   #6
kingzzz

war aint fair, u in a better galaxy then u do better, this might encourage more people to try to play this game actively creating a more competive universe. i mean fs if u want a fair game u might as well have one race with 1 ship so everybody is on equal grounds
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 05:26   #7
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Ron7684 can only hope to improve

i think its a good idea, PA gets a bit boring and repetetive at times. Log on, launch. Log on, jumpgate. Start research or construction. Personally, the more elements to the game, the more fun itd be. And noah, wasnt it like a galaxy hypergate or something. the whole gal got eta-1 i think. yup, crazy ideas.

As for the suggestions, i think they're pretty good, but maybe things that actually benefit the whole gal as apart to planet things (cheaper scans, lottery, etc.). cheaper exiles are good, the -1 eta would be nice. Increasing the max fund capacity (as a regular constant research 1 mil, 2 mil, 3 mil, 5 mil, 10 mil, etc.)
Ron7684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 09:21   #8
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah think it was ron but i think it gave the gal like 5 ticks warning or something daft so when the number 1 gal was about to launch on you coz they could afford to then they would kindly let you know there coming hehe

Unread 17 Sep 2005, 10:55   #9
kingzzz

well those ideas were just on the top of my head and i agree more things can be tweaked...
but for the -1 eta ingal def research, its a bit too extreme... cuz then it stuffs up news scans unless u make them show 3 ticks old instead of 4. and the scans thing dont benfit 1 player, iits suppose to reduce the cost of all scans my members in the gal by a % becuz u researched a "mega amp" or something
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 13:14   #10
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think with providing these boni, in a random galaxy universe we are currently facing, would actually increase the level of cooperation inside a galaxy again.
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 13:54   #11
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingzzz
war aint fair, u in a better galaxy then u do better, this might encourage more people to try to play this game actively creating a more competive universe. i mean fs if u want a fair game u might as well have one race with 1 ship so everybody is on equal grounds
Still there has to be found a balance between a game for top actives top10-top150 maybe and the rest. I hope everyone understands what i mean - obviously i dont say that everyone out top150 is inactive. I want to say that if you raise the excitement for the top players you will lower the chance for the less active to ever reach a higher rank . From gamedesign there are 2 options how to do this - either change the game dynamics that quickly the top players are unable to fight the lowers and make the universe "split" into good and bad (score wise) or the 2nd option to even the gap between good and bad out and bring some more balance into it - yes this might be less exciting but i dont want to know what happens if the top100 is unreachable for attacks from lower players. At the moment we have a system that servers both imo. It leaves space for fights among the bigs and encourages smaller players to team up if they want to take on someone bigger.

I dont think that we need more competition in PA, we have it more than enough - especially in the higher ranks. i think we should more concentrate on the team qualities inside the playerbase and encourage this.

Make galaxies more competitive - yes i am up for it - if it is done in the right way to get even the smaller players or new players into a more important role. Currently everyone tries to find a good position in the rankings by a good alliance but as galaxies like 6:10 show this round - real teamplay unleashes a mighty force inside the galaxy ! If everyone gets involved and motivated every player if new and green or veteran and experienced is motivated galaxies are far better / important than a good alliance.

So my vote goes pro galaxies - anti alliances ! if gal researches are 1 step into that direction : Try it out !

i might totally miss the point of this thread now but i just had to say this now

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 14:44   #12
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I am intrigued by the idea, though not the precise implementation...

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 07:53   #13
kingzzz

Quote:
I am intrigued by the idea, though not the precise implementation...
What do u mean? hard to code it into the game or just not sure what researches to give
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 15:56   #14
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Quote:
Currently everyone tries to find a good position in the rankings by a good alliance but as galaxies like 6:10 show this round - real teamplay unleashes a mighty force inside the galaxy !
theat's cause they're already the same alliance.

Plus i dont think this will be one of those things that seperates the 'boys from the men' in PA. All galaxies have the chance to use them. the only problem with reducing travel time further i see is that when an eta 7 fi/co hostile shows up on the gal status at eta 6. Alliances cant defend them. And giving alliances an extra tick off makes travel times too short. Maybe add 1 to the base travel time so that when they get to full eta research (incl galaxy) its still 8/9/10.
As for the rest of the ideas, i think it would just be a cool feature to have. But dont go code something stupid like all the ministers have to click the research before it will start. Make it so that any one of the ministers or gc's can start a research. It may mean mistakes made, but its better than having a 5 mil gal not being able to start a research. this is based on the current minister situation, i believe the change was approved though. so forget that comment, but even if unpaid planets can become ministers, dont make it all 4. maybe the GC starts them and any minister can agree. That way in extreme circumstances the GC can change his ministers to get a research started
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 04:56   #15
kingzzz

Quote:
the only problem with reducing travel time further i see is that when an eta 7 fi/co hostile shows up on the gal status at eta 6. Alliances cant defend them. And giving alliances an extra tick off makes travel times too short.
i think they meant u can defend ingal with eta 4. not give u -1 eta when attacking. this sticks witht he whole gal research thing
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 05:25   #16
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

both can be proposed kingzzz, but like stated above. with news scans at a 4 tick delay. That could pose a problem for some people
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 10:02   #17
kingzzz

or it could me made that there is only max of -3 eta research and the last -1 comes from gal...
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 22:39   #18
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Quote:
or it could me made that there is only max of -3 eta research and the last -1 comes from gal...
idd, thats a good idea. doesnt change the workings of the game and makes galaxy cooperation a must as the norm for alliances would be -4 eta. Perhaps when the fund has the required amount (4 mil each res?) the gc and 1 minister will perform a research that takes lets say 30 ticks and costs 4 mil each res.

If this is approved, it could all be included in one tree. And maybe have like 2 branches. one thats free and one that costs money. i cant think of researches on the spot but it would be cool to have some more galaxy cooperation in the game
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 00:57   #19
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Great, so now those players trying to get into an alliance wont be able to until their galaxy has gotten together because they can't defend those pesky eta 7 FI/CO incs...

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 03:52   #20
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Make it constructive bonuses, not ones which are "have it or lose".

For instance, +25 wave amps for every planet in a galaxy once the galaxy researches "interstellar intelligence networks". ETA is something which should not be touched at all(!) by this due to the fact that any ETA bonus benefits most active players - and noone else.
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 05:51   #21
jian_yee
PGLee

jian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to behold

i agree with heartless, eta outside the galaxy shud not be touched. However, giving extra eta for in gal ONLY would be nice
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 08:26   #22
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jian_yee
i agree with heartless, eta outside the galaxy shud not be touched. However, giving extra eta for in gal ONLY would be nice

Only if you make in gal defence eta 6 should that be allowed.

Unread 20 Sep 2005, 10:13   #23
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jian_yee
I disagree (not just with you, with Noah as well).

If you change ingal def eta to 4 then it effectively renders news scans worthless => every new player that does not have jgp's but news scans is therefore bound to crash into ingal def and lose his fleet => demotivation => player most likely leaves.

Raising it to eta 6 just so you can such a research is also unbeautiful as it largely decreases the time a new player has to contact his galaxy in case of incoming.

Don't touch the ETA. It's just like those overburn defense / attack thingies that were there for a round or two.
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 10:19   #24
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
I disagree (not just with you, with Noah as well).

If you change ingal def eta to 4 then it effectively renders news scans worthless => every new player that does not have jgp's but news scans is therefore bound to crash into ingal def and lose his fleet => demotivation => player most likely leaves.

Raising it to eta 6 just so you can such a research is also unbeautiful as it largely decreases the time a new player has to contact his galaxy in case of incoming.

Don't touch the ETA. It's just like those overburn defense / attack thingies that were there for a round or two.
I just wanted in gal defence on eta 6 tbh and buddypack on eta 5.
I dont agree with any sort of gal researching just because there is the bigger gals and smaller gals and no matter what bigger gals are always going to benefit more from gal researching more than the smaller ones.
Bigger gals are bigger coz they know how to play the game and can adapt.
Smaller gals are smaller because they are learning and trying not to get bashed everyday.

Unread 20 Sep 2005, 10:48   #25
kingzzz

ok we seem to have been sidetracked by this eta business... i never suggested this in my first idea post becasue i personally thouht it was too drastic and should not be touched. just to make clear of my views
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 10:51   #26
kingzzz

also i like to say that galaxy researching using money form the fund (pointed out by ron7684) is another great way to implement the whole thing. this creates another use for the fund and makes 'donating' more worthwhile espiecially for the bigger players
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 17:37   #27
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
espiecially for the bigger players
Read it again and again and again and you will see why its a bad idea when you say what about the smaller newer players.

Unread 20 Sep 2005, 22:40   #28
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

noah, we dont want to put away the smaller players. PA just needs anything new to spice it up a bit
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 00:54   #29
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron7684
noah, we dont want to put away the smaller players. PA just needs anything new to spice it up a bit
I am not saying you are wanting to put the smaller players away.
I am saying the idea is bad coz new ppl will not have the same advantage as veterans.
Ppl who play the game now are excellent at it now and anything new which just be a bonus.
Newbies dont know how to play and wont have a clue what there doing so will be a bonus when they actually work out there isnt a search for roids button.

Unread 22 Sep 2005, 21:23   #30
kingzzz

so what u are sying is to make pa so uncomplicated and easy that everyone can get it at a blink of an instant. so that everyone is not disadvantaged. i mean common, if players wont get how this researching stuff works they never gona know how to play pa properly, this is dead simple
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 00:43   #31
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
I am saying the idea is bad coz new ppl will not have the same advantage as veterans.
Ppl who play the game now are excellent at it now and anything new which just be a bonus.
Newbies dont know how to play and wont have a clue what there doing so will be a bonus when they actually work out there isnt a search for roids button.
Researches are started by GC and ministers. Most of the time, if they're smart enough to vote for themselves, they know how to start researches
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 07:23   #32
kingzzz

Quote:
Researches are started by GC and ministers. Most of the time, if they're smart enough to vote for themselves, they know how to start researches
Exactly.
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 07:28   #33
kingzzz

Quote:
from this you are obviously suggesting any new changes to pa will benefit the veterans as they are more 'pro'. therefore u are objecting to any new advances in the game such as stats changes tweaks... anything because they are changes too. and if we all have it ur way pa will become boring and looses its dwindling player base
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 16:24   #34
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Quote:
from this you are obviously suggesting any new changes to pa will benefit the veterans as they are more 'pro'. therefore u are objecting to any new advances in the game such as stats changes tweaks... anything because they are changes too. and if we all have it ur way pa will become boring and looses its dwindling player base
idd, its already getting lower as it is. If changes dont come, it gets boring. Ive played 1 round and theres no way i can play the same race again. Too repetitive, pa needs some new action
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 20:24   #35
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

just bring back the galactic fleet!

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote