User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 3 Sep 2005, 07:30   #1
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
Stagnation

stagnation

n 1: a state of inactivity
(taken from www.dictionary.com )

Its here folks!!
With The top planet solely playing for bragging rights by totally outplaying everyone else, the top gal with 30k more roids and 25mil more score than the #2 gal, and the #1 ally keeping its activity while other competitive allies (once) have gone inactive. Its safe to say that this round is about over. Players on the winning side are just playing to get a higher rank. Rather the goal is top 20 or top 10, there is no opposition to stop them, they can only beat themselves at this point.
I hope this is taken into consideration when thinking about the length of next round, as you don't need 9 weeks for a PA round to be done.
I would personally like to thank everyone not #1 for being content where you are.
GG 1up
GG 6:10
GG current (future) #1 player.

p.s if I'm wrong kill me!!!
p.s.s but refer back here when I'm right.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 07:32   #2
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Stagnation

Chika as "Joe Willy Nameth" :P
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 07:41   #3
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

If i were in any of the above categories I'd slap you right now. :P
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 08:01   #4
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

Well I assume that sooner or latter Reunion and ND will come to the understanding that this war really isn't helping either of them accomplish anything. Reunion thought ND was easy picking, They weren't. ND thought they could defeat a larger force, they can't. Both thought LCH would pin 1 up down, they aren't.

Now if reunion and ND can put aside there petty war, and it is petty. With tactics on both sides turning ugly. Then I assure you 1 up can not stand vs ND, Reunion and LCH.

It's just a matter of people comming to the rational conclusion, which is hard in a war that is becoming increasingly personal.

PS I am drunk right now

PPS ALMEDIA your fleet names are the funniest I have seen this round
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 08:52   #5
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

ToF for the win!
coffee- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 08:53   #6
derry

derry will become famous soon enoughderry will become famous soon enough

atleast the alliance deserving the win is winning
[18:45] <Helix> if two wrongs dont make a right its twice as wrong to do something wrong to right it

[00:22] <Doom> Where as in most cases it appears multing is an individual thing, LDK organises it and uses it. Making it an effective unit with a small number of players. It makes sense just not part of the rules. They just organised cheating =-)

Last edited by derry; 3 Sep 2005 at 09:05.
derry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 08:55   #7
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll
Well I assume that sooner or latter Reunion and ND will come to the understanding that this war really isn't helping either of them accomplish anything.
Reunion appear to disagree.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 09:25   #8
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

I agree with you being sexy though :P
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 09:33   #9
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

<--- sexeh bald old guy (no ...really) :P
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 09:53   #10
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll
Well I assume that sooner or latter Reunion and ND will come to the understanding that this war really isn't helping either of them accomplish anything. Reunion thought ND was easy picking, They weren't. ND thought they could defeat a larger force, they can't. Both thought LCH would pin 1 up down, they aren't.

Now if reunion and ND can put aside there petty war, and it is petty. With tactics on both sides turning ugly. Then I assure you 1 up can not stand vs ND, Reunion and LCH.

It's just a matter of people comming to the rational conclusion, which is hard in a war that is becoming increasingly personal.

PS I am drunk right now

PPS ALMEDIA your fleet names are the funniest I have seen this round
Have DLR asked to have their 1up planet naps removed ?

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 10:13   #11
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

bet they still have them, don't worry about that
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 10:23   #12
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
With The top planet solely playing for bragging rights by totally outplaying everyone else
Top planets outplaying everyone else? Whatever next!

The top 20 planets are 6 1up, 6 ND, 5 LCH and 3 Reunion. I think it's fair to assume that they're playing for more than "bragging rights", considering that those alliances are involved in wars with each other.

I agree that this round does seem a bit long, but surely that's something that is best judged when the round is over, not while we're still in the middle of a war? Take a look at Sandmans stats at the end of today and try to produce some evidence of stagnation.

You'll see major alliances losing and gaining roids, top 20 planets getting roided (and new ones taking their place) and, generally, plenty of action.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 10:39   #13
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob

The top 20 planets are 6 1up, 6 ND, 5 LCH and 3 Reunion. I think it's fair to assume that they're playing for more than "bragging rights", considering that those alliances are involved in wars with each other.

I agree that this round does seem a bit long, but surely that's something that is best judged when the round is over, not while we're still in the middle of a war? Take a look at Sandmans stats at the end of today and try to produce some evidence of stagnation.

You'll see major alliances losing and gaining roids, top 20 planets getting roided (and new ones taking their place) and, generally, plenty of action.

The "s" in your "top planets" throws off your entire response.

Thank you for agreeing thet the round seems a bit long, and I know that you also agree that people have gone inactive. That is the sole meaning of my post. Saying that the top "planet" is playing for bragging rights is simply implying in the strongest form that he can only beat himself at this point. Not thta he is tp'ing and rubbing it in "omg I am gonna own everyone!". No.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 11:27   #14
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Im most confident SkyHead has a plan to take down 1up

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 11:30   #15
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

20 planets is more then 1... meaning you name it planetS and not planet.... wtf do you mean with that first comment ? heh
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 11:45   #16
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Well, for all thoose who complains about 10 week long round, I need to remind you aboutthis thread, and especially THIS reply
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 11:59   #17
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Well, for all thoose who complains about 10 week long round, I need to remind you aboutthis thread, and especially THIS reply
Clearly I have changed my opinion about it. But I have always maintained my veiw on the break.

OMG I AM SO ****ING OWNED. KARGOOL CAUGHT ME CONTRADICTING MYSELF ON AN ISSUE. OH JESUS WHAT DO I DO NOW!!
KARGOOL YOU BAD, BAD MAN.
:rollseyes:
The personalities of some of you, almost frighting, gives away what you are like in RL.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 12:27   #18
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

he wasnt just trying to show ur contradiction, but showing that 'we' (or had the opportunity to) voted on a 10 week round in the first place so we dont have much room to complain

Last edited by Filth; 3 Sep 2005 at 12:44.
Filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 12:40   #19
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

nods @ Filth
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 12:50   #20
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filth
he wasnt just trying to show ur contradiction, but showing that 'we' (or had the opportunity to) voted on a 10 week round in the first place so we dont have much room to complain
Yeah we did pick that didn't we. Clearly a bad move.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 12:51   #21
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Im most confident SkyHead has a plan to take down 1up
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 13:12   #22
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

The round is actually drawing to a close.

I've been happy with the round, I havent found it to be majorly stagnated. You could only not mention your post if it was closer at the top of every catagory. This sometimes doesn't happen, and every planet/alliance goes for a clear win. Its less of a demonstration of a stagnated round, and more of a successful planet/galaxy/alliance.

Chill.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 13:28   #23
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:

Make that 2 Reunion planets, cos 1 got smashed this morning.....
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 13:36   #24
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virall
The round is actually drawing to a close.

I've been happy with the round, I havent found it to be majorly stagnated. You could only not mention your post if it was closer at the top of every catagory. This sometimes doesn't happen, and every planet/alliance goes for a clear win. Its less of a demonstration of a stagnated round, and more of a successful planet/galaxy/alliance.

Chill.
the fact that there's still a whole 4 weeks (40% of the round) to run is what disturbs him.

If it was 2 weeks (25% of the round) your post would make a lot more sense.

as they stand politics will not change, and the status quo will be maintained.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 13:49   #25
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Didnt mention a word about politics, and yes there is 4 weeks until the end of the round. It is drawing to a close not 'near the end.' Ie, we're over the half way point and moving towards the finish line.

Apart from that I cant see what in your critisicm detracts from my original statement. Every planet and alliance wants to smash their opponents, therefore sometimes, it will not be close if their campaign is a success.

The 'Chill' still applies.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 14:26   #26
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
Make that 2 Reunion planets, cos 1 got smashed this morning.....
You mean the guy who is currently 4th?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 14:35   #27
Chika

Quote:
You mean the guy who is currently 4th?
Hehe, let them have thier glory Rob.
They so smashed that guy!
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 15:27   #28
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
Have DLR asked to have their 1up planet naps removed ?
Well there were talks with Zhil I went out of town for business for 10 days and didn't have mirc access. Upon my return I spoke with Zhil and it was basicly agreed that no nap was needed now that 1 up was soley targeting LCH.

However the Myth remains that 1up and DLR have a nap including some 1 up members that have pm'd us asking us to withdrawl a counter "LO CYPHER" but there is nothing offical. However if you talk to skyhead we retal all 1 ups incomings early in the mourning for them ROFL

Cheers
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 15:35   #29
cypher
U've been Moderated

ermm be4 you make accusations of me asking you to pull counters do you mind informing me where?

as far as i know i've not asked for a single counter so don't spread bullshit about me plzkthx.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 15:58   #30
^MDK^MAN^
Registered kickass gamer

^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about

End r14 next week instead, this round is done and 1up won, Next round please.
^MDK^MAN^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 18:19   #31
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

It's real easy. Stagnation was bound to occur at one point, and I feel it is the obgligation of any and all alliances (for the greater good of PA) to help prevent such stagnation.

I know personally that Sid and the other 1up HC enjoy PA throughly and, at some level, wish to do what they can to prevent stagnation.

In Synthetic_Sid's post (Political Situation), Sid clearly stated a few points, that at this point in the round I think need to be reconsidered by the 1up HC.

Blocking is LCH's consistantly failing and consistantly repeated strategy. Yes, LCH blocked with Hydra and Insominia earlier in the round. This block no longer exists as parts of Insominia and Hydra were absorbed into other alliances. 1up and Reunion, who successfully--despite a few complaints from members of dS--were NAP'd. LCH and NewDawn share a NAP as well. While 1up and LCH were involved in a scuffle, which clearly 1up has pulled ahead from (due to LCH being complete failures, and LCH being internally dependant on Angels who fail to comply with a limited set of LCH house rules). So 1up vs. LCH the victor has been decided. Reunion vs. NewDawn has been fighting it out for quite some time now. The scuffles have been taking place for weeks, and they are traded back and forth. Over the past week or two though, NewDawn has consistantly outroided Reunion (check sandmans) all but two days. The gap between the two alliances has shrunk from 25+ mil, to the 15 mil present.

"Whereas 1up would have preferred to stay solo - even given some small degree of blocking by other alliances," were Sid's words expressing the situation prior to the Reunion NAP. It made sense at the time to NAP when you were outnumbered and outgunned. But at this point, skill is something 1up are *not* showing politically. The player-level (and lack of decent attacks upon you) skill is well reflected through 100k+ avg score gains made by 1up players. The HC level skill is reflected on a much lower rung on the ladder. It does not take much skill to surpass and grow beyond a NAP'd alliance at war with an equal, if not superior, enemy while you have no equal or superior enemy fighting you. 1up is left to bash LCH to smithereens.

Between 1up and Reunion, there's 188,000 roids and 538mil in score. A viable force much larger than any other two alliances put togother. While ND and Reunion duke it out, the Reunion NAP is *insurance* that 1up *Will Keep* their lead. To go back to Sid's wishs that skill and player quality will *win* the race--not bashing a weakened enemy coupled with an insurance policy--I think it would be in the best intrests of the game itself, and the round of Planetarion that 1up or Reunion think about dropping their NAP and letting the cards fall as they be.

Mind you, this does *NOT* mean that Reunion will automatically go to war with 1up or any such nonsensical things. It *does* mean that 1up will be playing (with their current lead on #1 being 30mil or so) in a playing feild that *does* hold the possibility of putting up a decent fight--depending on how the round itself plays out.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 18:31   #32
shik
Sorry, Chicken...

shik is infamous around these partsshik is infamous around these parts

plz let me open such a thread next round, i already copied your posts and changed all the "1up" with "exilition"
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 18:55   #33
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

yes, my gal only gets inc every 2nd night now, it must be stagnation!

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 18:56   #34
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam
yes, my gal only gets inc every 2nd night now, it must be stagnation!
Your galaxy is by no means a measure for the round.

-NitinA
[Ascendancy] Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 20:05   #35
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
It's real easy. Stagnation was bound to occur at one point, and I feel it is the obgligation of any and all alliances (for the greater good of PA) to help prevent such stagnation.

I know personally that Sid and the other 1up HC enjoy PA throughly and, at some level, wish to do what they can to prevent stagnation.

In Synthetic_Sid's post (Political Situation), Sid clearly stated a few points, that at this point in the round I think need to be reconsidered by the 1up HC.

Blocking is LCH's consistantly failing and consistantly repeated strategy. Yes, LCH blocked with Hydra and Insominia earlier in the round. This block no longer exists as parts of Insominia and Hydra were absorbed into other alliances. 1up and Reunion, who successfully--despite a few complaints from members of dS--were NAP'd. LCH and NewDawn share a NAP as well. While 1up and LCH were involved in a scuffle, which clearly 1up has pulled ahead from (due to LCH being complete failures, and LCH being internally dependant on Angels who fail to comply with a limited set of LCH house rules). So 1up vs. LCH the victor has been decided. Reunion vs. NewDawn has been fighting it out for quite some time now. The scuffles have been taking place for weeks, and they are traded back and forth. Over the past week or two though, NewDawn has consistantly outroided Reunion (check sandmans) all but two days. The gap between the two alliances has shrunk from 25+ mil, to the 15 mil present.

"Whereas 1up would have preferred to stay solo - even given some small degree of blocking by other alliances," were Sid's words expressing the situation prior to the Reunion NAP. It made sense at the time to NAP when you were outnumbered and outgunned. But at this point, skill is something 1up are *not* showing politically. The player-level (and lack of decent attacks upon you) skill is well reflected through 100k+ avg score gains made by 1up players. The HC level skill is reflected on a much lower rung on the ladder. It does not take much skill to surpass and grow beyond a NAP'd alliance at war with an equal, if not superior, enemy while you have no equal or superior enemy fighting you. 1up is left to bash LCH to smithereens.

Between 1up and Reunion, there's 188,000 roids and 538mil in score. A viable force much larger than any other two alliances put togother. While ND and Reunion duke it out, the Reunion NAP is *insurance* that 1up *Will Keep* their lead. To go back to Sid's wishs that skill and player quality will *win* the race--not bashing a weakened enemy coupled with an insurance policy--I think it would be in the best intrests of the game itself, and the round of Planetarion that 1up or Reunion think about dropping their NAP and letting the cards fall as they be.

Mind you, this does *NOT* mean that Reunion will automatically go to war with 1up or any such nonsensical things. It *does* mean that 1up will be playing (with their current lead on #1 being 30mil or so) in a playing feild that *does* hold the possibility of putting up a decent fight--depending on how the round itself plays out.

-NitinA

1up can't be at fault though because the huge evul block died though. 1up nap'd with reunion when they were like 7th/8th place. And that was the only nap. Surely, with incoming from ND/LCH/Insomnia/hydra, the battle was WAY uneven. Lch weren't so "weak" and unworthy when they signed on to that hideous block. Now when they seem to be down people should feel sorry for them?
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 21:05   #36
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

I agree chika. It isn't practically benificial for Reunion or 1up to give up the mutual NAP at this point. Yet philosophically (not practically) 1up claimed earlier this round they would rather have played the round solo without NAPs or allies--which was abandoned when the counter block was created. And as has been stated previously over and over again--any small advantage in blocking can be exploited to be a major gap--which is what has happened with Hydra and dS not willing to fight 1up so joining their side (that with, of course, internal politics of Insomina and Hydra).

As for the ND/LCH/Insominia/Hydra block, that's ficticious. ND did not participate in the block against 1up earlier this round.

-NitinA
[Ascendancy] Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 21:14   #37
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
... While 1up and LCH were involved in a scuffle, which clearly 1up has pulled ahead from (due to LCH being complete failures, and LCH being internally dependant on Angels who fail to comply with a limited set of LCH house rules).
Wtf are you on? What great intel do you have to say that a. LCH are completely dependant on Angels, and b. Angels fail to comply with lch rules
Which rules would those be? I am really curious.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 21:23   #38
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Reunions nap to 1up is not bringing them anything at the moment. The move Skyhead made was to win the round, anything else will be considered a failure. Finishig 2nd, or 5th, it doesn't matter. Perhaps the only thing Reunion will be remembered next round will be for the mergers. Nothing else.
If Reunion keep the nap, their chances of ending top alliance are 0. Their chances of ending ranked 2 don't look very good either. If i were LCH HC, i would have started hitting Reunion as well, for lack of balls.
If Reunion drop the nap their chances of ending top alliance are not great, but are definitely greater than null.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 21:31   #39
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I agree chika. It isn't practically benificial for Reunion or 1up to give up the mutual NAP at this point. Yet philosophically (not practically) 1up claimed earlier this round they would rather have played the round solo without NAPs or allies--which was abandoned when the counter block was created. And as has been stated previously over and over again--any small advantage in blocking can be exploited to be a major gap--which is what has happened with Hydra and dS not willing to fight 1up so joining their side (that with, of course, internal politics of Insomina and Hydra).

As for the ND/LCH/Insominia/Hydra block, that's ficticious. ND did not participate in the block against 1up earlier this round.

-NitinA
Your last point is correct. As far as i know ND have never actually cooperated with anyone until their recent alliance with LCH.

On your main point - yes, 1up WOULD have preferred a solo round with no NAPs or allies: but the problem is that hardly any other alliances want the same. Most complaints about blocking are actually complaints that "your block is better than ours" - rather than representing any genuine desire to play solo and achieve the rank that the alliance on its own merits.

After Reunion reached #1 from their merger/recruitment 1up were approached and, in effect, asked if we would be willing to join with ND/LCH in hitting them. That such an approach could be even made is a clear indication of just how devoted to fairness/balance those 2 alliances are. Or does anyone actually believe that when reunion had a lead of maybe 5-10% score 1up+lch+nd all hitting them would have been in anyway "fair", "balanced" or in the interest of the game?

It's hard for me to take most proposals made on AD seriously - when the posters are always advocating either bashing another alliance or achieveing a political situation that's overwhelmingly in their own favour. It would be a refreshing change to see some posts which actually attempted to define what their objectives were first - rather than proposing a "solution" which doesn't appear to actually "solve" anything other than improbing their own alliance's political objectives. Obviously all posts by senior figures in alliances are, to some extent, going to be PR - and in the interests of their own alliance. But that shouldn't, of itself, mean that the posters need to ignore the interests of every other alliance in the game - and fly in the face of political reality - just to attempt to fool the gullible minority (or is it a majority?) of AD readers.

Take the issue of a "close fight for #1 alliance until the end of the round". Representatives of many alliances post here - and on the face of it appear to be promoting it. Yet, when looked at closely, the majority of their posts tend to be either:

1) A thinly veiled "stop alliance X winning - whether it makes a close fight or not"
2) An even less opaque "help MY alliance have a chance at #1"

None of them seem to actually be promoting a close battle for #1 alliance IRRESPECTIVE OF WHICH alliances are involved in the race. In fact none of them even start off by explaining the foundation of any such argument - which is why a close fight for #1 alliance right to the end of the round is, of itself, a "good", "noble" or even desirable thing. I'm not saying that a close fight ISN'T any of those things - but if people want to promote a view point shouldn't they actually begin by discussing WHY an objective is good before moving on to debate the various tactics necessary to achieve it?
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 22:48   #40
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
It's hard for me to take most proposals made on AD seriously - when the posters are always advocating either bashing another alliance or achieveing a political situation that's overwhelmingly in their own favour. It would be a refreshing change to see some posts which actually attempted to define what their objectives were first - rather than proposing a "solution" which doesn't appear to actually "solve" anything other than improbing their own alliance's political objectives. Obviously all posts by senior figures in alliances are, to some extent, going to be PR - and in the interests of their own alliance. But that shouldn't, of itself, mean that the posters need to ignore the interests of every other alliance in the game - and fly in the face of political reality - just to attempt to fool the gullible minority (or is it a majority?) of AD readers.

Take the issue of a "close fight for #1 alliance until the end of the round". Representatives of many alliances post here - and on the face of it appear to be promoting it. Yet, when looked at closely, the majority of their posts tend to be either:

1) A thinly veiled "stop alliance X winning - whether it makes a close fight or not"
2) An even less opaque "help MY alliance have a chance at #1"

None of them seem to actually be promoting a close battle for #1 alliance IRRESPECTIVE OF WHICH alliances are involved in the race. In fact none of them even start off by explaining the foundation of any such argument - which is why a close fight for #1 alliance right to the end of the round is, of itself, a "good", "noble" or even desirable thing. I'm not saying that a close fight ISN'T any of those things - but if people want to promote a view point shouldn't they actually begin by discussing WHY an objective is good before moving on to debate the various tactics necessary to achieve it?

I've noticed that people post like that out of sheer frustration. What tickles me is, who are they talking to? Whose help are they trying to draw?
If you think about it, hydra/lch/insomnia/ND were/are against 1up in some way shape or form. Just who is Fish asking to help his alliances fight? Obvioulsy not the help they already have. And mainly all that is left is 1up/Reunion. So in this case they are asking Reunion. I am sure that they have approached reunion formally. Why does HC now do a public outry to them? Nothing else seems to work it seems, and this outcry is the last hope for anything I suppose.
So I really don't think that its a PR attempt, or a "fight the #1 ally so my ally can have a chance". I think its just a desperate act, that lacks any real thought, and is stated soley for vent purposes only. Only 1 ally was stupid enough to listen to the community and get greedy. We all know who they are. The comunity killed them.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 23:11   #41
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Reunions nap to 1up is not bringing them anything at the moment. The move Skyhead made was to win the round, anything else will be considered a failure. Finishig 2nd, or 5th, it doesn't matter. Perhaps the only thing Reunion will be remembered next round will be for the mergers. Nothing else.
If Reunion keep the nap, their chances of ending top alliance are 0. Their chances of ending ranked 2 don't look very good either. If i were LCH HC, i would have started hitting Reunion as well, for lack of balls.
If Reunion drop the nap their chances of ending top alliance are not great, but are definitely greater than null.
On the face of it your arguments make sense - but I'd suggest that in fact your arguments are very short-term minded. When I discuss Reunion (or any other alliance) getting #1, i'm talking about them achieving #1 rank at the end of the round - NOT them getting #1 temporarily in the short-term then getting smashed.

Here's a few simple questions to answer (to yourself, or on here if you don't mind admitting you're wrong) that should show you where your logic fails:

1. Do you believe that if Reunion don't cancel the nap with 1up, ND will just keep attacking reunion until the end of the round? If so - you realise that you're saying that ND have no intention of getting #1 either?
2. Will ND keep hitting reunion if they get to #2 spot - given that their HC has posted here saying that a #2 alliance SHOULD hit #1?
3. If ND do change targets to 1up - who do you think will grow the fastest? 1up with incs from ND+LCH, ND with incs from 1up+reunion or Reunion with next to no incs?

For your scenario to be true (i.e. that reunion can't possibly win by remaining napped to 1up) it relies on ND hitting reunion even after ND have overtaken them for #2. Yet their HC (Fish) has posted on AD that the #2 alliance hitting anyone other than the #1 is in effect cowardice - so are you saying that he's a coward, a hypocrite or both?

There IS another possibility by which reunion could fail to get #1 by remaining napped to 1up: and that's if 1up could grow faster with incs from ND+LCH than reunion can with next to no incs. I'd argue that that's obviously not the case - but if it WERE the case then it's very hard to see how reunion could get #1 by attacking 1up and having to handle 1up incs themselves.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 23:46   #42
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Wtf are you on? What great intel do you have to say that a. LCH are completely dependant on Angels, and b. Angels fail to comply with lch rules
Which rules would those be? I am really curious.
Instances where Bazza and other LCH-Angels would defend Reunion (including HC) in-gal and tell LCH DC/BC/HC to go buzz off (witnessed 2 instances of this personally), and other instances where Angels LCH'ers would violate a NAP knowingly--be informed to recall, and just don't (Either LCH members have a sort of ESP and land without logging in, or just dont care). I fear LCH has little control over the actions of Angels within the alliance. I must add though that from what I've witnessed of the situation between Angels and LCH (several times), I do not know much about the internal ongoings out of what I have witnessed. Earlier this round it was pointed out to me by an Angels-LCH that a large percentage of the top ranked LCH members are Angels. Anyone with an LCH nick/coord list can verify this.

-NitinA
[Ascendancy] Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 00:37   #43
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Instances where Bazza and other LCH-Angels would defend Reunion (including HC) in-gal and tell LCH DC/BC/HC to go buzz off (witnessed 2 instances of this personally), and other instances where Angels LCH'ers would violate a NAP knowingly--be informed to recall, and just don't (Either LCH members have a sort of ESP and land without logging in, or just dont care). I fear LCH has little control over the actions of Angels within the alliance. I must add though that from what I've witnessed of the situation between Angels and LCH (several times), I do not know much about the internal ongoings out of what I have witnessed. Earlier this round it was pointed out to me by an Angels-LCH that a large percentage of the top ranked LCH members are Angels. Anyone with an LCH nick/coord list can verify this.

-NitinA

just checked this personally and it is NOT the case. Early in the round and couple days out of protection, yes this was the case, but since then it has balanced out to about equal.

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 01:37   #44
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Chika - You are right, i am just venting frustrations that it appears that twice in 3 rounds, 1up win when the alliance ranked 2nd hits us and not them

Sid - 1. Do you believe that if Reunion don't cancel the nap with 1up, ND will just keep attacking reunion until the end of the round? If so - you realise that you're saying that ND have no intention of getting #1 either? It would be rather stupid of ND to hit 1up whilst Reunion throw fleet after fleet at us, night after night. We will keep hitting them whilst it is sensible to do so
2. Will ND keep hitting reunion if they get to #2 spot - given that their HC has posted here saying that a #2 alliance SHOULD hit #1?If NewDawn have a chance of #1, we will do all we can to get there. I'd rather finish 5th and try to win than finish 2nd and aim for 2nd. I am not alone in those thoughts either.
3. If ND do change targets to 1up - who do you think will grow the fastest? 1up with incs from ND+LCH, ND with incs from 1up+reunion or Reunion with next to no incs?By that point I wouldn't be surprised to see Reunion with low activity and poor attacks.

For your scenario to be true (i.e. that reunion can't possibly win by remaining napped to 1up) it relies on ND hitting reunion even after ND have overtaken them for #2. Yet their HC (Fish) has posted on AD that the #2 alliance hitting anyone other than the #1 is in effect cowardice - so are you saying that he's a coward, a hypocrite or both?
[b]Similar to the above point, if ND has a chance of #1, we will try for it. 1up can say the same, as can LCH. Can Reunion? As things stand, no, they can not.
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 04:33   #45
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

-NitinA
Wouldn't the same people who calls for 1up to drop the reunion nap call it a betrayal if 1up did so?
Everyone playing solo is a nice vision.. But start hitting reunion suddenly now that tasty LCH targets are disapearing... *sigh*
1up will be flamed for anything they do from this point on.. So might aswell keep our honour imo.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 05:16   #46
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Btw... I must say.. I sure missed this thread last round from the LCH, TOT, Angels, Exilition etc players who calls for a breakup now.

They didn't cancel their naps and alliances when that round stagnated. And when that big block didn't break up when their enemies where crushed and had no chance of winning, why should 1up cancel their single nap to Reunion? None of the above mentioned alliances had the balls to try for the #1 spot, well Exilition got #1 spot, so they sure tried and made it ofcourse.. But they didn't open up more targets for themself by eliminating some of their naps or allies.

1up can still fail at gaining #1, but it is not in 1up's best interest to help their enemies to achieve their goal.. Neither is it for Reunion to help ND be #1 instead of 1up.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 08:08   #47
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
They didn't cancel their naps and alliances when that round stagnated. And when that big block didn't break up when their enemies where crushed and had no chance of winning, why should 1up cancel their single nap to Reunion?
Because if one round is ruined, it makes it perfectly ok to ruin another? Besides which, was there a 27 million gap with nearly 4 weeks to go and no1 hitting eXilition?

However, I would say the pressure is not on 1up, but on reunion. It's reunion's choice whether they want to fight for rank 1-3, or to fight for rank 2-4. Atm, they're fighting for rank 2-4.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 08:25   #48
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
Btw... I must say.. I sure missed this thread last round from the LCH, TOT, Angels, Exilition etc players who calls for a breakup now.

They didn't cancel their naps and alliances when that round stagnated. And when that big block didn't break up when their enemies where crushed and had no chance of winning, why should 1up cancel their single nap to Reunion? None of the above mentioned alliances had the balls to try for the #1 spot, well Exilition got #1 spot, so they sure tried and made it ofcourse.. But they didn't open up more targets for themself by eliminating some of their naps or allies.

1up can still fail at gaining #1, but it is not in 1up's best interest to help their enemies to achieve their goal.. Neither is it for Reunion to help ND be #1 instead of 1up.
hehe you took the words right out of my mouth. People are thinking that exil beat only 1up last round. Exil beat all alliances. Even the ones that they nap'd allied with. I wish the competetion had so man swell idea, when exil was making HUGE gains and your alliance didn't turn at any point to peg them down.
Sadly politics next round will be just like RD 13. Because now 1up is the bad guy again for keeping a NAP with Reunion. And Reunion/1up will be forced to coop again, as the universe is so near-sighted its pathetic.
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 10:01   #49
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Because if one round is ruined, it makes it perfectly ok to ruin another? Besides which, was there a 27 million gap with nearly 4 weeks to go and no1 hitting eXilition?
Yes, because it's the only conclusion that makes some kind of logical sense for every alliance involved.

Any other seems to be simply hitting people for other people's benefit.

If Reunion HC wake up one morning and decide that they've got nothing to lose, they might do it - I wouldn't hold your breath.
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 11:28   #50
cypher
U've been Moderated

still waiting for a reply from nitina on sid's posts.... he came in our public channel asking for one...and now that he has 2 even he won't reply here to sid:/ i wonder....