User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 29 Dec 2007, 15:34   #151
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: a political summary of r24

So your hc are those that if they are bashed, would go inactive and thus negatively influence your alliance?

Anyone else reading that and thinking "huh?". But still, urwins have a good 2weeks or so left to get together a decent hc team to replace people like that I suppose. Good luck.

edit: yeh, you could be right with your edit.. I can only remember looking at the top urwins planets before you got hammered later in the round and spotting that like all of them bar 1 was in a position of power in urwins. For all i know that might have changed in the last 200 ticks or so.

Last edited by newt; 29 Dec 2007 at 15:42.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2007, 15:48   #152
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light

I think i may have been that one planet in no postin of power at the end anyways, maybe, actually i dont know i think i'm still drunk....

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2007, 15:55   #153
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
So your hc are those that if they are bashed, would go inactive and thus negatively influence your alliance?
probably not, but noone likes to attract extra incoming that they can avoid in a reasonable way, and officers/hcs are at the very least the first targets to get launched on to draw def. its probably fair to say that a significant proportion of the top 100 hold some sort of role in their alliance, if only by the fact that officers are generally more active and so have better planets, its not like its exclusive to one alliance.

-Cead

Last edited by Ceadrath; 29 Dec 2007 at 16:15.
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2007, 16:27   #154
Duo

Duo has a spectacular aura aboutDuo has a spectacular aura about

.. HC//Officers put in alot of time, usually top ranking material and well known ppl that attract that extra bit of inc because its them. The actual playing of the planet doesnt really require alot of effort or time (anyone who thinks it does, seriously...). Activity comes first, a good galaxy 2nd and a decent ally 3rd (generally speaking) for good planet ranking. As long as you dont put yourself infront of your own members and defense is done by agreed guidelines (aka more defpoints, more roids, more score or more active). Its all good.

The fact that your HCs obviously have shit planets and Urwins HC dont, I suggest you go build some more shit and attack? And the Urwins that got less def (maybe eksero for one) due to some DC's leeching can go deal with it.
Unread 29 Dec 2007, 19:13   #155
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Well, as Ceadrath said - there's a fine line between being an active hc with a good planet and turning into a flagship planet. For example, I know all decisions/opinions jupp and mitre had throughout the round had only 2 motivations: what was best for eXc and, perhaps mostly, what would make a dull round fun.

Urwins hc - did logbat want to keep the nap with CT because it would be better for his planet (as a fair few urwins I've talked to think) - or because its better for the alliance? maybe it is 100% the latter, but there's still a lot of doubt - especially considering the bp he's in which is full of ppl that are well known for doing anything to get their own way. Can remember a conversation pre-round where we were all mocking elviz for generally being a disgrace to planetarion - allbeit a very niec guy - logbat kinda joining in and protesting he himself wasn't that kind of guy. Can't say I was mightilly shocked 2days later when we found out they bped together. In contrast, I would anally assault myself with a 10ft barge pole if mitre or jupp would even consider bping with someone like elviz. Would logbat actively hc if he didn't have a top planet? I very much doubt it. I can imagine yogibear would though, hes awesome!

Didn't rinoa (top20?) leave urwins cos he was fed up with hc/officers whoring defence and stuff? I don't doubt that rinoa over-reacted etc and was generally shit for leaving, but still, bet a fair few other members shared his general feelings on the issue.

In contrast, in the 3rounds ive been in exilition I've never seen favouritism for hc - not even for kaifux when he ended top30? in r13? (I think?). Generally most exi hc tend to have quite shit planets too? Especially last round. Granted certain players that find them selves high ranked will get def priority, but thats normal and to be expected.

To summarise, I think the urwins command team treat their alliance more as a tool to help themselves excel at pa, rather than the other way round. At bare minimum you have selfish players as hc that might be willing to slightly decrease their level of selfishness for the greater good of the alliance.
Unread 29 Dec 2007, 20:50   #156
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAlan
Sorry what now? def like everyone else, that loltastic, i know i saw jgps of mac 5 times last round 4 of those times 6 waves covered one time 5 of 6 waves covered (and ofc thats only jgps i saw when i was CT at the time attacking), one of these times i counted over 35 def fleets verses 9 attacking and each of these times i deliberately attacked another tgv and ya know what..shocker!! pretty much no def, maybe one wave out of 4/3 covered

Basically you keep kidding yourself on as much as you like but everyone and their dog knows mac is a massif def leech...
**** you to be honest. You base your "opinion" on something you perceive while not even being a member or a dc in our alliance. Feel free to "claim" whatever you feel like but I know the truth, and he's actually not a defsink. Infact our stats actually say that there were other planets whom got more deffleets sent to them this round. So really, you base your accusations on a few jpscans and the "assumption" that said planets that were hit actually were TGV.

In fact, there was time this round I got pm'ed with requests to please recall when it was Mac attacking, so at one point people even believed that Mac's planet was my planet, I could name names, but they all know whom they were and they post here quite regularly. So please ElAlan, if you want to claim something that a) is totally wrong, and b) is based on you being misinformed, come to me and i'll be happy to provide you with the facts about these issues.
Unread 29 Dec 2007, 21:07   #157
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
**** you to be honest. You base your "opinion" on something you perceive while not even being a member or a dc in our alliance. Feel free to "claim" whatever you feel like but I know the truth, and he's actually not a defsink.
Here's a little story from an outsider's perspective. At the end of the round a few of us hoped to roid lukeylove for a good score boost. Myself and benneh, reckoning we'd need to get a few tgv fleets out of the way first decided to fake on macaroth the previous tick. Now, personally I would have thought it was blatantly, and I mean blatantly, obvious that our real fr fleets were heading at lukey once they appeared, fyi he had a few more roids, but macaroth still continued to receive def fleets versus our fr after lukey's incs had been reported. In the end we didn't land on lukey but that was largely due to ingal def, partly from planets deffing versus their own alliance. Realistically some of those def fleets sent to macaroth could quite possibly have been needed to save lukey. I cannot imagine, but correct me if I'm wrong, that lukey was on a lower def priority than macaroth, apparently you do this thing with flagshipping planets deliberately though so I wouldn't be too sure. Finally, the "how would you know, you're not in my alliance" doesn't really hold much water in reasonable circles so I'd try and go with something more empirically based in future.
Unread 29 Dec 2007, 21:11   #158
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

It's was a reasonable mistake to mix up Mac's planet with yours Kargool - because the only bigger defsink than Mac is indeed you :-)

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2007, 21:31   #159
newt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Finally, the "how would you know, you're not in my alliance" doesn't really hold much water in reasonable circles so I'd try and go with something more empirically based in future.
Assuming that has the same meaning as in physics, you want kargool to base his arguments/conclusions on facts/statistics? He did offer to give them to elalan (or anyone I'd suspect) on IRC... Can fully understand why he won't provide them willy nilly on the forums. You can only derive your final argument, empirically, from many different examples (eg, F=ma was only empirically determined cos it agreed with many different examples, not just one) - ie the full round - which those stats would represent - assuming kargool didn't make them up.

If you ask kargool to derive his opinions empirically, do it yourself as well? Or stop using clever phrases which are inaccurate in the context.
Unread 29 Dec 2007, 21:50   #160
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Assuming that has the same meaning as in physics, you want kargool to base his arguments/conclusions on facts/statistics? He did offer to give them to elalan (or anyone I'd suspect) on IRC... Can fully understand why he won't provide them willy nilly on the forums. You can only derive your final argument, empirically, from many different examples (eg, F=ma was only empirically determined cos it agreed with many different examples, not just one) - ie the full round - which those stats would represent - assuming kargool didn't make them up.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/empirically

I was using the third part of the definition in this context, ie verifiable by experience. I imagine you were still blinded by rage at reading one of my posts when you were looking it up in the dictionary though so I'll excuse you missing that.
Quote:
If you ask kargool to derive his opinions empirically, do it yourself as well?
I didn't claim anything in my post, I merely offered a short anecdote, but I imagined the aforementioned blinding rage was still in effect at this point.
Quote:
Or stop using clever phrases which are inaccurate in the context.
It was not inaccurately used, claiming something and using a basic argument from authority to support yourself is not something we should look fondly on. Rather going with something "more empirically based", and we're not using the exact meaning used in physics here, there's hardly a formula for being a defwhore in operation, than a blanket refusal to accept that outside observations have value would probably be more helpful in this, or any, discussion.

And I shudder at the standard of an educational system that produces people that believe the phrase "empirically based" is "clever".
Unread 29 Dec 2007, 22:06   #161
newt
Banned

You and kargool are discussing something together. Kargool offers to give the TGV defence stats for the round. You give one example, to boost the opposition's argument versus kargool's, and then emplore kargool to base his posts more empirically.

You lose on all 3 definitions of the word. I'll explain to you why shall I? tonight seems to be one of your more stupider nights on the internet.

"3. provable or verifiable by experience or experiment."

please explain how your one example "proves" or "verifies" your side of the argument, any more at least than kargool's offering of a round's worth of defence stats. I'll give you an example, help it sink into your skull. I'm sure jupp def whored at least once last round - does that make him a def whore? Would that jgp over-rule a round worth of stats showing that he wasn't a def whore? Which would be the best empircal data to go off?

More to the point, you ask kargool to base his posts on empirical 'data' - what does that mean for him? All he can do really is offer stats, which he's already done, or should he go "WAIT!! I know for a fact mac had incs in tick 764 and got no defence!!!"

Now, if you presented ~4 or more different examples of mac def whoring (preferrably from different parts of the round), then yes, you'd be set to go.
Unread 29 Dec 2007, 22:15   #162
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Something like this?

Quote:
Sorry what now? def like everyone else, that loltastic, i know i saw jgps of mac 5 times last round 4 of those times 6 waves covered one time 5 of 6 waves covered (and ofc thats only jgps i saw when i was CT at the time attacking), one of these times i counted over 35 def fleets verses 9 attacking and each of these times i deliberately attacked another tgv and ya know what..shocker!! pretty much no def, maybe one wave out of 4/3 covered

Basically you keep kidding yourself on as much as you like but everyone and their dog knows mac is a massif def leech...
It is unfortunate JGP scans only last 2 weeks.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2007, 22:21   #163
newt
Banned

Oh, for the record I have no doubt that mac was a def whore - just JBG loves to use lovely prose on these forums, makes himself come across as an intelligent chap. It's also a pretty good tool for patronising people in a "huh? what did I do wrong? how was i patronising?" kind of way.

He used the wrong "clever phrase" which he even editted into his post as an afterthought I think - I'll bring him up on it. If only to help him become a better poster for the future.
Unread 29 Dec 2007, 22:44   #164
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
please explain how your one example "proves" or "verifies" your side of the argument, any more at least than kargool's offering of a round's worth of defence stats. I'll give you an example, help it sink into your skull. I'm sure jupp def whored at least once last round - does that make him a def whore? Would that jgp over-rule a round worth of stats showing that he wasn't a def whore? Which would be the best empircal data to go off?
My example, obviously, did not counter anything. It was intended as a back-up to this

Quote:
Quote:
Now, if you presented ~4 or more different examples of mac def whoring (preferrably from different parts of the round), then yes, you'd be set to go.
Thankfully someone had already done that for me. By the grace of god and the fact that posts remain on the internet for longer than fifteen seconds we don't have to reinvent the wheel every time we wish to continue a discussion.

And seriously newt, "empirically based" is hardly an excessively verbose piece of terminology. In fact its ingenuousness is matched only by its limpidity.
Unread 29 Dec 2007, 22:47   #165
newt
Banned

Unlike your well known disliking of kargool eh? But at least you know what empirically means now, so its not like I was being anti-JBG just for the sake of it.

edit: to make my post make sense, JBG did originally end his with something like: "you dislike me for some reason newt, please refrain from posting just to annoy me" or whatever, something along those lines

Last edited by newt; 29 Dec 2007 at 22:53.
Unread 29 Dec 2007, 23:02   #166
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBG
Finally, the "how would you know, you're not in my alliance" doesn't really hold much water in reasonable circles so I'd try and go with something more empirically based in future.
I'm going to go through this slowly because I have nothing better to do. By imploring (with an 'i') kargool to use more empirically based arguments than a modified argumentum ad verecundiam in a particular post I am not claiming that my post represents the entirety of the other side of the argument. My post was merely a continuation of an earlier argument during which other examples had been offered, therefore satisfying the condition that this side of the argument was empirically based. All that I am saying is that instead of a blanket refusal to acknowledge certain salient facts countering an argument by actually providing alternative facts is perhaps a wiser alternative to adopt in future.

Again, is there a more empirically based argument in this situation than "you're not in tgv, you can't possibly know"? Yes. Was the phrase incorrectly used. No. Are you probably just trolling because you have nothing better to do. I'll leave that one up to our viewers to decide.

Edit: Newt, I have pmed my most recent reply to you, if you wish to continue our discussion please do so there.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 29 Dec 2007 at 23:44.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2007, 23:11   #167
newt
Banned

kargool has offered to give all his facts on irc. He did this before you asked him to be more impirical. ow, beyond supplying facts like that, how could kargool POSSIBLY base his posts at all on empirical data. If he had gone "mac got incs on these ticks and got 0 defence!!" that proves mac is a def whore because a tgv hc can actually remember the ****ing ticks or ocassions the guy in question got 0 defence. Its like pro-racists are racist by default (they're treating ethnics/etc as a special case in order to be pro-racist = racism).

Last edited by newt; 30 Dec 2007 at 00:32.
Unread 29 Dec 2007, 23:17   #168
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going with the "trolling out of boredom" option.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand...I believe we were talking about how mac is an utter def-whore.

Resume.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 00:37   #169
newt
Banned

Back on a serious note then. What is worse?

a). certain high profile players, that hop alliances at will, whoring defence in the big alliances during wars, to the detriment of the other members (and perhaps the core).

b). someone like Mac who is very much in the core of a smaller alliance generally not in any big wars, whoring defence? I'm guessing mac is also a really popular member of the tgv core as well... It's like if mitre gets incs, I will bend over backwards to defend him whether he asks/wants it or not. Maybe mac is like that for TGV members - in which case...
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 01:12   #170
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
b). someone like Mac who is very much in the core of a smaller alliance generally not in any big wars, whoring defence? I'm guessing mac is also a really popular member of the tgv core as well... It's like if mitre gets incs, I will bend over backwards to defend him whether he asks/wants it or not. Maybe mac is like that for TGV members - in which case...
tbh as a new TGV member I cant really say how well liked mac is but just speaking for myself I am perfectly happy to defend him even if he does occasionally suck in too much defence... I would hope in return that I would get a similar level of defence if it was needed (tho I would hope it would not be needed ofc )

it is only a problem if it is a detriment to the alliance as a whole... only Kargool is in a position to decide if that is the case or not and he has made his view clear. Even if Mac does draw in a lot of defence surely he compensates by organising everyone else's defence throughout the round, and usually very competently.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 01:55   #171
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Back on a serious note then. What is worse?

a). certain high profile players, that hop alliances at will, whoring defence in the big alliances during wars, to the detriment of the other members (and perhaps the core).
If those are the two choices, option 'a' is worse imho.

People like that generally cause problems in whatever alliance they go to, and having a reputation for not only alliance-hopping but also def-whoring would make me leery of having them in "my" alliance--as a normal peon type member. Someone who was steady, consistent, and dedicated (core member or whatever) is far more valuable an assett than the "leet" fly-by-night types.

Also much less of a political liability.

That being said, I can understand why an alliance would want to have high-profile players in it: they (usually) get good rankings...but after seeing the effect these notorious people have as they make the rounds through alliances, I personally don't see it as being worth all the hassles.

The only thing worse than that type of player is one who's been caught cheating repeatedly, and still seems to get the red carpet rolled out for them in any alliance they try to join.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 03:17   #172
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

hehe mac sucks a fake on him and tgv offered free roids on every other planet,the def he got just too much really congrats

elviz got closed?? im shocked, gotta be the biggest suprise of the round, atleast for his bp and ct o/

shitty round overall maybe that whats needed for nd to finally win

congrats nd anyway

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 10:33   #173
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Lets all hope for TGVs sake that mac does go something other like xan next round, it would greatly benefit his alliance surely.
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 11:08   #174
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

That is true, him being a cath this round really was taking its toll on our def at times. Id give you as much as that.

But again, I do not see mac as a def sink, I've seen plenty of them in my own pa career, and at one stage I probably was one too, but this round I ended on a 550th spot with more def points than most of the alliance since I really have no time to play an aggressive planet anymore. I did go into my gal chan however this round, on the last day of the round. Though I doubt anyone noticed.

Macaroth has been invaluable for us and has been for the most of the rounds he has played for us. Just because some have found it funny to send heaps of incs on him just to prove that he's a defsink doesn't mean we will stop defending him. Look at this from our point of view, you have someone that gets lots of incs all the time, do you turn your back on him and say: sorry, you get to much inc for us to defend, or do you defend him. We support our members, and we def them whenever we can provided that they actually deserve it in terms of defpoints and effort put into the alliance. And before you start telling everyone how shit we were this round, we got 7 planets into top 100 this round, and 6 of them weren't Mac, so we must have been doing something right with only 47 members.
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 14:01   #175
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

could someone enlighten me as to why mac gets so meny incs... appart from being a HC and playing cath?

however generally speaking how much of a def sink mac may have been during this past round has very little baring on the politics of the round, I doubt it influences any TGV political decisions... and if it did its not like TGV was much of a player this round with its attempt to be neutral through most of the round the only thing it did of any note was aiding ND in the last few weeks.
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 14:05   #176
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Its mainly because he is cath and in relatively small gals, or so Id assume.

The problem many have Kargool is the priority of sending such a large amount of def to a 'small' planet like he had compared to the quite frankly shit defence your top planet got.
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 14:11   #177
booji
a bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
The problem many have Kargool is the priority of sending such a large amount of def to a 'small' planet like he had compared to the quite frankly shit defence your top planet got.
presumably ultimatly this was the right call as Lukey still won even if it was due to ingal def (tho I do remember there being "defend the flagship" def calls)

mac was still T100, tho it seems much farer to prioritise defence based on the amount of defence you send rather than the size of your planet... although I guess it might discourage the best players from joining TGV
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 14:22   #178
newt
Banned

There's far worse examples of players last round to moan about aren't there? what is worse for pa, or even an individual alliance.. someone like mac, or someone like tesla (bound to have been lots of others that did this too) that naps the universe and cries on the one night he gets incs and all but quits (he had a pnap with eXc too! I still have no idea who added it ;(), or say benneh who stockpiled resources from like t200 onwards while people like jer/maxmillian/etc fought the round out properly. On that note I really do think its a travesty that you can play like benneh did and finish considerably higher than someone like max (and others who played similarly). Guess we've already covered people like elviz before.

Or should we be moaning about people like mac whoring defence in his alliance - when no one in his alliance seems to care about it.
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 14:23   #179
isildurx

TGV couldnt have known Lukey would win if he get roided(or so id think), and theres slim chances of them having another top planet anytime soon id imagine.
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 14:29   #180
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
That is true, him being a cath this round really was taking its toll on our def at times. Id give you as much as that.
I'd give you that too, On CT attacks i know that every planet that wasnt cath would get 3/4waves available for claiming but any cath had 6 almost regardless of amount of roids, this would have compounded the problem but i still say for amount of roids he had (never rly over 1k afaik) there were many occasions where him losing 1/2ticks and covering those ticks, maybe covering 3ticks elsewhere with same def would have saved your alliance many more roids etc. Shame it now sounds like i really have an issue with Mac or the def he got, it doesnt worry me much, i just lolled a lot when i saw the jgp's on so many occasions....

Retired.
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 18:32   #181
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
In contrast, in the 3rounds ive been in exilition I've never seen favouritism for hc - not even for kaifux when he ended top30? in r13? (I think?). Generally most exi hc tend to have quite shit planets too? Especially last round. Granted certain players that find them selves high ranked will get def priority, but thats normal and to be expected.
Thats actually not quite true, there's plenty of t100 (kaifux, bwtmc, snra, mactanzu and myself) and even one round win (almeida) exi hc finishes. Nitina is probably the only one who has sacrified his planet rank in order to full time dc <3 Nevertheless there hasn't been any favouritism, on the contrary sometimes the hc have made conscious refusals from getting defence etc. You are right about the hc planets being pretty shit last round though but we were pretty shit in every other areas too.

And to make this post stay somewhat on topic I have to say I'm glad ND finally won. Congrats dudes.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 18:36   #182
The PK
i also havent heard of me

The PK is on a distinguished road

Macaroth was a defsink, but not as big as some of you think. Kargool told me at the end of the round i had ALMOST as much def fleets sent to me as Mac. Found that odd since the whole round i was higher then Mac and had almost double the defpoints he did, was i think t5 or close to it in defpoints whole round. Also, a fellow TGV member got the same type of incs Mac did, kept his anti-bs home from attack in hopes he cld get def, needed very little from his alliance, one def fleet at most. He didn't get it and Mac got 4 that same eta. Similar def points, more roids for my fellow mate, would have defended him myself, but my spectre were sent to Mac on a wave before . Last day, i got 0 defence, and Urwins...yea, completely raped me(nice job btw, though still dont understand why you didnt hit CT or ND) lost 1600+ roids and dropped 40 or so posistions, while Mac with similar incs and well less then half the roids and below me in score and defpoints got defence. Also, Kargool cant say i didnt know all the facts, everything here was info from him or members of the DC team.

Having said all that...

Macaroth is INVALUABLE to TGV, he does overwork himself as a DC for TGV. He did a very nice job of working with people who were online to get defence out there, and were one of the 1st dc's(after i spent the 1st week screaming at the dc's) who actually started counting for XP. So as a DC he did a nice job, was definately invaluable, but even you Kargool admitted he was a def drain a bit. He needs to backup and look whats best for the alliance and not himself sometimes.

People like Tesla are a problem, not for pnapping, i could care less. That seems to me to be using politics and connections he earned through playing this game. Does create a bit of seniority, the problem i have with him/her is quitting after HA(w00t, shoutout to prev alliance, HA 4 life) handed him his ass and he whined and essentially quit. I would never pnap a person like that, just plan an attack, kick his ass fully and never have to worry about him from the beginning. I got 9 waved down to 113 roids around t250, supposedly cause people thought i was Mac or Kargool, dropped to 300th, and i fought my way back to respectable finish, you get knocked down, pick yourself up and come out swinging, dont be a lil bitch and quit.

Sorry for the grammar errors and spelling errors, i could do it correctly, but i dont feel like wasting that 2 mins.

Currently purring

Former HA HC, CT DC

Still useless.
The PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 19:01   #183
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

heh.. check my roidgraph again please, I had quit long before HA "handed me my ass". At that point I was already bored shitless, and those who know me can confirm this. I did however not plan to recall my ships into those incs, so ill give u that much What took u so long anyway? I farmed HA all round until u all cunningly fell below my bash percentage As for napping the entire universe, so what? The reason I did that was because I cba to be active and get incs.. A win/win situation that id have no other way if I ever did it again.. As for quitting my alliances I quit my alliances cuz they didnt defend me, when I defended them.. tuff..

ps. I didnt whine about it, I never cared much at all actually.
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 19:07   #184
ElAlan
Muppet

I can actually confirm that Tesla had said he would be very inactive last few weeks of round, i think it was for exams etc, this came up when us Ministry types were all having a convo in chan about how one of us could well win the round at that point, Tesla being #1 on roids and every luckily exiled into top gal. Being roided by HA was just a laughing point rly made funnier by the newb ship recalling but then again all those roids were HA's anyways so it was about time, best newb bashing effort i have seen since pre r9 days of pa! Think BlueArmy put it best when he said "Tesla owes pa xp!"

Retired.
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 21:11   #185
Digiscent
KiLLa

Digiscent is infamous around these partsDigiscent is infamous around these parts

whens the last time some one with some balls instead of ur everyday computer nerd ran an alliance???

cause pa politics r ran like mtg tourney
R4:Oh to be A Pepsi Bottle(285:19)[Bluetubas][Pepsi]#6
R5:Lothlórien (28:16)[Wolfpack]#58
R6: (17:2)[NoS]
R7: (9:25)[NoS][Pepsi]
R9: (49:1)[Seraphim]
R9.5:[LDK] [S] [Oly] [Ely] [ETY](30:8)[Seraphim]#10
R19:Sexy Mandolin(1:5)[TGV]#7
R22:The Dutchmaster of Tallahassee(18:10:4)[ROCK]#111
R23:TheKing of Kush(12:2:4)[ROCK]#69
R24:Thoughts of Murder(6:7:1)[ROCK]#65
R26:President Obama of Yes We Can(4:3:9)[Jenova]#200
R30:President Obama of The United States (1:4:15)[CT]
Digiscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 21:16   #186
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

For what it's worth (Which is probably not too much), I don't really have a problem with planets that get a lot of defense and I can imagine that a lot of alliances would feel the same. It's really about what kind of goal the alliance has set for itself. In an alliance that aims to win (and has the chance to win as well), flagshipping (For the lack of a better word) is an idiotic thing to do, because in an alliance that's good enough to win, I'll assume that there are plenty of planets that can do well if they get defense. And then there are some who will do well even without it.

The thing about alliances that don't have a playerbase with a whole lot of active, consistent and reliable members is that you really want those of your players who are active, consistent and reliable to do well in order for your alliance to do well. Generally you'd rather want someone who is active and know how to build a valuable defense fleet, as well as attacking with your alliance every night to keep his roids over someone who doesn't, for whatever reason.

On the other hand, if it keeps people who are "good" back, it will likely get you a lot of internal shit, and when this is the case I can't really see any good reason to prioritise certain players over others, instead focusing on saving as much roids as possible with as few fleets as possible. To me it's all about having your alliance as a unit doing as good as possible, but "as good as possible" depends on what sort of goal your alliance has. In an alliance like eXilition where the goal was always to win the round as an alliance, it doesn't make much sense to flagship people, really, and indeed in rounds in the past eXilition did admirably in these cases, dividing defense sensibly and rationally. I can recall when we roided pdmaster in round 19, he was far ahead of others and would almost certainly have won, but eXilition let us roid him to cover more roids elsewhere.

Flagshipping isn't as appearant now as it was in the past, with private galaxies when a block could make it a goal (In a losing round...) to keep one of their galaxies up the ranks, something to gather about when all hope of victory is lost, and this is the kind of flagshipping I never had a problem with. All in all I can understand Kargool defending Macaroth (And if he didn't, he would basically be calling out one of his members in public, which is probably never a good idea), but there were a lot of cases this round where I laughed at jgps and news scans.

Specifically I found Jedi to be a funny guy.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 21:22   #187
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
There's far worse examples of players last round to moan about aren't there? ....
What do you think about how I played then? I basically had no interraction with my alliance aside from attacking with you (I think I defended 3 times and I never got defense), and offering my fleets when there was TA. I was basically just a bunch of score in the tag. Admittedly this way of playing let me get all the sleep I needed, let me revise for my exams, but I didn't feel at all very useful from an alliance point of view.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 21:37   #188
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

there were only 2 planets in tgv that got reasonable defence last round:

macaroth and whoever the hell was 10.9.6, that moany sod who mailed every single attacker of his about a hundred times only exceeded in the amount of mails with the amount of def he received.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2007, 21:46   #189
newt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
What do you think about how I played then? I basically had no interraction with my alliance aside from attacking with you (I think I defended 3 times and I never got defense), and offering my fleets when there was TA. I was basically just a bunch of score in the tag. Admittedly this way of playing let me get all the sleep I needed, let me revise for my exams, but I didn't feel at all very useful from an alliance point of view.
Well, if you finished top10 I would be sat here thinking "omg someone buy pa and shut the game down for good" as a member in exc we're more than happy? you said you'd be inactive and 3 fleeting, thats what you did. I guess you're asking why I'm slagging off benneh (btw, not my intention - just the style of play in general, he seemed a good example) and not you. As far as I know, you spent stockpiles fairly often to boost your attack fleets? you participated in the wars, alls good. That said, the reason you did so well in the end was cos you went for dists like the rest of your bp, cool tactic. Similarly, I'm sure the only reason benneh kept his roids and ultimately finished top10 was because no one could scan him either.

But even so, stockpiling from tick200? or so onwards, and sitting on your roids is boring. I'm not doubting he even regularly attacked while he was stockpiling, but meh. Its just not in the spirit of pa in my opinion.. Imagine if everyone in pa played like that...! But yeh, I'm more just complaining about pa team being cocks and allowing for that kind of play, than slurring particular players.
Unread 31 Dec 2007, 00:01   #190
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

qebab just failed to keep his prod in due to drunkenness and general oversleeping, not an intentional desire to increase his fleet (if I remember correctly).

As for Benneh, he started stockpiling around tick 500-600 (I noticed you master the art of the hyperbole), and let out several smaller prods before the final big one. To illustrate, when I started stockpiling, around tick 800, Benneh was pretty much on the same value as I was, while before that he always had more. Link.

[edit]typo
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 31 Dec 2007 at 01:34.
Unread 31 Dec 2007, 01:27   #191
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

what's this? you managed to catch up to him in value when he'd been hiding a lot of his value 300 ticks before you? **** me senseless!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2007, 01:33   #192
Mzyxptlk
mz.

No, I'm saying that he was not stockpiling (not only stockpiling, anyway) and thus kept up with me, not the other way around, though I can see how you misunderstood, I wasn't (amn't?) exactly the master of clarity in my post. Care.
Unread 31 Dec 2007, 01:34   #193
newt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
As for Benneh, he started stockpiling around tick 500-600 (I noticed you master the art of the hyperbole)
Sorry dude! Only conversation I've had about benneh at all in the last 3months was in an exilition channel where people were discussing his stockpile. My most humblest of all apologies for incorrectly guessing the tick at which he started stockpiling from.

Is there where I can say I've noticed how you are a generally patronising egotistic **** in your posts, a sentiment agreed upon by most non-ascendancy readers I know? Or?
Unread 31 Dec 2007, 01:42   #194
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Negrep does the trick I think.
Unread 31 Dec 2007, 01:47   #195
newt
Banned

retard. Thats such a retarded comment, I won't even explain why you're a retard. Pretty obvious. Though me out and out calling you a retard makes this a troll and a flame, unlike if I'd jsut insinuated it like you clever ascendancy boys do. Eeeee being good on the forums is an acquired skill.
Unread 31 Dec 2007, 02:41   #196
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Urwins because it has logbat, who for some reason I remember despising - something to do with Fury era time I think.
Hehe, I think it has something with round 5 to do. Me and Sid colided back then. I left fury for VtS, I was in the winning pos and Sid freaked out.
Unread 31 Dec 2007, 02:46   #197
ElAlan
Muppet

Quote:
retard. Thats such a retarded comment, I won't even explain why you're a retard. Pretty obvious. Though me out and out calling you a retard makes this a troll and a flame, unlike if I'd jsut insinuated it like you clever ascendancy boys do. Eeeee being good on the forums is an acquired skill.
Well indeed you shot yourself down there! well done, but yes as mz said if you think he is egotistic and patronising etc in his posts then neg rep away, but i think you will find the amount of non ascendancy is in the majority and the amount of ascendancy readers will be in the minority, thus if neg repping was in the opinion of most non asc types then mz wouldnt have those pretty green blobs there by weight of numbers ofc...

Retired.
Unread 31 Dec 2007, 02:52   #198
newt
Banned

Quote:
Well indeed you shot yourself down there! well done, but yes as mz said if you think he is egotistic and patronising etc in his posts then neg rep away, but i think you will find the amount of non ascendancy is in the majority and the amount of ascendancy readers will be in the minority, thus if neg repping was in the opinion of most non asc types then mz wouldnt have those pretty green blobs there by weight of numbers ofc...
Another retard. Start engaging some of those brain cells that you have. What I mean by that: read what you posted, lean back in your chair, then lean forwards again, and look for logical fallacies in your argument. Granted they aren't painstakingly obvious, but if you have an IQ over 70 it should be doable.
Unread 31 Dec 2007, 03:20   #199
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I'm a selfish twat, truth be told.
Unread 31 Dec 2007, 03:29   #200
ElAlan
Muppet

Quote:
Another retard. Start engaging some of those brain cells that you have. What I mean by that: read what you posted, lean back in your chair, then lean forwards again, and look for logical fallacies in your argument. Granted they aren't painstakingly obvious, but if you have an IQ over 70 it should be doable.
No i dont need to particularly look through it, mz said if you disagree with his post then neg rep, but you decided to indirectly insinuate that maybe he dont get neg repped due to asc types being clever on this forum, i decided to display a way that this may not be the case, maybe you were wrong by getting so het up in your reply to such "neg rep me then" post, maybe jumping to call others on the forum retards after a simple reply aint so perfect either, but if you want another technical, exact wording, a la JBG argument like earlier find someone else, cheers....

Retired.