User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Mar 2006, 10:23   #1
Robsch

Robsch is on a distinguished road
Scanning yourself

There is something disturbing about the scan-rules.

You know, its usefull to find out about fleet catching, having a jpg scan at yourself sometimes. But I found out, you need more amps than dists to scan yourself.

On the other hand: In the manual it says you need only one amp to scan people of your own alliance. I didnt try this so far cause basically I communicate with mates on irc, so neednt scan them.

But then how comes, you can scan your alliance mates with just one amp, but you cant scan yourself unless you have more amps than dists, isnt that strange?

Last edited by Robsch; 16 Mar 2006 at 10:33.
Robsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 11:04   #2
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future
Re: Scanning himself

i think you can scan yourself - how can you say that it doesnt work when you never tried it before ?
This point should make it work :
Quote:
On the other hand: In the manual it says you need only one amp to scan people of your own alliance. I didnt try this so far cause basically I communicate with mates on irc, so neednt scan them.
at least if you have 1 or more amps and a returning fleet.

edit: ok - i recalled one of my fleets and scanned myself. it worked with 20 amps and 75 distorters \o/

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 11:21   #3
Robsch

Robsch is on a distinguished road
Re: Scanning himself

for me it didnt work -
well there comes to mind, we had our alliance officially disbanded for joining with another one, so when I scanned I wasnt member of an alliance , but that shouldnt be a reason for not beeing able to scan yourself...
Robsch is offline   Reply With Quote