User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 10 Oct 2005, 18:28   #1
Farmer Giles

Farmer Giles is an unknown quantity at this point
R15 Research Costs

Hi all

apologies if this is a duplicate request, etc.......

but ...

does anyone know what the research costs are for round 15 ?

i have done a search on the forum but found nothing.

thanks folks

Chris
Farmer Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 18:42   #2
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: R15 Research Costs

Researches are free! Hooray!

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 18:46   #3
Farmer Giles

Farmer Giles is an unknown quantity at this point

free research

apologies, it's been a few rounds since i last played.

Chris
Farmer Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 18:57   #4
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

welcome back

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 20:40   #5
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

It costs time. And as we all know time is money. So it'll cost you lots and lots of money.
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 23:27   #6
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

especialy if your xan
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 18:50   #7
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

well xans cant have everything (speed, cloak, firepower, number of ships, fast production are already great advantages) if you were to have fast research, you d be overwhelming all other race too.. :-)

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 18:52   #8
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

but i was hoping that the research time may be lowered a bit, especially when getting near high mid to late research , as we cant get all research done in a limited time frame..

Unread 20 Oct 2005, 19:54   #9
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

You can do most of them. Unless you're a top planet, you're not going to need all the HCTs, and a lot of people don't bother with the Covert Op tree for a while either.
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 21:21   #10
rop1964
F Crew

i feel the covert op tech tree is neglect.. it s sad though, cause lot of tactic is getting wasted.. the sabotage % could be a little higher on it s effect, so is the bank hacking (perfect to suppy those who hoard their ressource past 40 mil!,, lol and the black out could be a bit more effective too.. cause all those cost quite a lot in ressource , but provide very little in game effect..

but i do feel the tect tree to be a very long thing to get through.. i would lower the research time and increse the number of tech to research.. making more versatile..

Unread 20 Oct 2005, 22:23   #11
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

id love to be able to target specific buildings with Havoc, i.e heading towards a terr with ure cath co fleet, u cover him atm but what if he builds more Gryphs, can try and knock out his medium factory to stop him. otherwise havocs a bit of a wasted cov-op, irritating to your targ but not really a tactical advantage

(apologies for being off topic)
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 22:36   #12
rop1964
F Crew

i agree mad keg.. havoc would be a great asset if we could target type of construction.. same for sabotage too :-)

Unread 21 Oct 2005, 00:37   #13
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I agree with Wakey (he's stated this elsewhere...). I don't think it should be possible to finish all the research. If you can't complete the tech tree 100% then it adds more decision making to your round. Do you go for big ships, or scans, or what?

Branching might be nice too. We had a (sort of) branching tech tree back in rounds 4 and 5, where you had to decide between 'kill' and 'science' (something like that). 'Kill' was pretty much equivalent to Terran now. Science had Cathaar and Xandrathii elements (EMP and cloaked ships). Obviously that became obsolete with the introduction of races, but I'm sure some way could be found to do that again...
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 00:40   #14
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

yeah i remember those days Science ftw \o/
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 02:45   #15
rop1964
F Crew

care to elaborate? for those who join only a couple of round ago :-)

Unread 21 Oct 2005, 02:51   #16
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
Branching might be nice too.
It was War and Science, yes . But i always thought the more difficult decision (remember in R3 there were three to make; War/Science, Ion Turrets/Core Resources(+Daggers), and Hypergate/Military Scan ) was between hyperspace and military scan. I went for mil scans as being able to tell what you had incoming was hugely important - and back when i wasnt a member of an organised alliance (or when i started my own second tier P alliance in R4), having hyperspace wasnt as important as having Mil Scans as seeing what as inbound was alot more important i thought .

The problem with returning to such as system is that alliances tend to have the organisation of scanners and whatnot, so making mutually exclusive choices in tech trees tended to beneift them far more than the casual/solo/new players. Having said that, This Thread that Appocomaster made which described a possible alternative. Whilst i cant say that i was a huge fan of the idea, i do think it has room to grow, as really the choices regarding the research branch is not what to research, but to work out when (what order) to research it in. (For those looking for such a discussion, its here in This Thread).

Anyway, research is free.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote