User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 20 Sep 2005, 19:37   #1
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough
"Newbie Wing"

An alliance are less than 100 ( f.ex 60 ) players.
They have 40 spots for additional members, what if it was possible to make some of those spots a junior wing ( f.ex 20 ). The junior wing can attack and cov op the main wing so there wont be a spy problem and there wont be an eta bonus on defense either.Tthe main wing cannot attack the junior wing so its not possible to farm them.
The main ally are able to def with eta bonus to the junior wing, so the newbs can recieve defense and actually grow. The junior wing will have a separate tag so the average of the alliance arent dragged down by the newbs. This will allow the new players to prove themself to the alliance hc. And thus improve their chances of ever getting into an alliance. they will also get to know 20 more players besides those thats in their gal. At the moment its just the newbs that lands in the right gals that end anywhere cause the players in those gals are willing to get them into an alliance during "backdoors" and "fake vouches" etc.
If one the hcs decides that a n00b is good enough he can get promoted to main wing and main tag without the 72 tick leaving thingie.

this idea would help the game alot, its not finnished or anything but id like comments on it and such, and if it ever gets implemented something around these lines or similiar, PA will have taken a huge step to keep the new players.

my 3 cents
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 19:43   #2
n4m3l355
Mista JZ

n4m3l355 can only hope to improve
Re: "Newbie Wing"

The idea is nice though the current planetarion setup has a problem here. as you say suppose an alliance is 60 persons.. but what if its 80.. or 90 then the newbie wing gets in a problem. maybe something like 25% of the memberbase can be newbie-slots.
but i agree on that this would help the game a lot to deploy new players into an alliance with the safety an alliance expects. this could also be used for example for new players joining an alliance to put them temp in quarantine till they are found suitable to join
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 19:46   #3
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

It wont be a problem I used f.ex 20 if the alliance is 90 it can be 10
or they dont have to have a junior wing. its something the alliance would have to choose for themself
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 20:03   #4
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point

its certainly worth looking into. imo.
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 22:49   #5
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Ron7684 can only hope to improve

its a good idea, i think what you're trying to suggest is a new rank tho. Like a primary member and secondary member to actually differentiate wings. This would be better as different alliances could use them for different purposes
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 19:32   #6
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

A scanner wing would be cool yeah
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 20:02   #7
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Yes, a wing like that would benefit pa greatly. In fact, I had the same discussion with Cayl a few days ago.

My concern would be that it would be just used as a scan planet type thing. It would need to be implemented in such a way that some kind of agreement would have to be made between the main alliances. I don't know if such an agreement would be enforcable.

If it can be made enforcable, I am all for it.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 08:12   #8
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Why not just set them on "recruit" status? An artificial seperation is wasted coding time, the tools are all there already.
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 09:29   #9
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

i think recruits count fully into membercount and score at the moment ? i am not 100% on the average things but it's not anymore that you can "hide" members as recruits .... but probably that rank (recruit) could be modified to suit those suggestions

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 23:44   #10
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
i think recruits count fully into membercount and score at the moment ? i am not 100% on the average things but it's not anymore that you can "hide" members as recruits .... but probably that rank (recruit) could be modified to suit those suggestions
That got changed during PAX already iirc. And why would you want to hide score and membercount? Did I hear someone shouting "Chickens!"?
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 00:20   #11
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
That got changed during PAX already iirc. And why would you want to hide score and membercount? Did I hear someone shouting "Chickens!"?
earlier was mentioned that the "newbie" wing should not influence average score for example that's why i picked it up. At the moment the recruit status is not worth a lot as they have all abilities as members have at least concerning game play ...

So to the outside you cant tell if someone is "member" or "recruit" only the HCs will know.

Unread 23 Sep 2005, 00:39   #12
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
Im not sure if they're (recruits!!!) included in the 100 planet limit or publicly shown on the universe page but i know that their score is not included in the alliance score (set some members to recruit and jump back last tick with 50M score )

Last edited by Ron7684; 23 Sep 2005 at 04:06. Reason: recruits
Ron7684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 00:46   #13
jupp
Hi there ...

we had both dS and Hydra as recruits in Reunion .... i think we were with them at #1 at some time so dont tell me that they dont count into total score and as they cant defend with eta -1 they have to count into the 100 members.

Recruits did not show in membercount and score earlier but as Heartless already said this has been changed/fixed.

Unread 23 Sep 2005, 04:05   #14
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

i was talking bout recruits ^^. i'll edit that