User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 15 Sep 2005, 18:19   #1
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts
Last days of fun

I know there is still some fighting going around for top 5 endings etc,
but we all know that 1up won this round (congratulation etc) and in my book that’s all to it.

History will not remember runner up or for that matter who ended 4 or 5.

This is foremost a game and nothing else and we all play for the fun of it - I hope!?

If I understand correctly there aren’t too many planets out there that 1up people can hit, so let’s stop right now and immediately declare them winners?

Now when all that is decided we could start to have some real fun again – everyone could start to hit 1up planets (even 6.10) and us the rest together with 1up members could have some pre havoc fun?

I’m pretty sure that on both sides there are members who believe this round is over and gone with (worse yet – to many people are leaving because there is nothing to play for)!?
So why not have a blast with fleets flying all over and at the same time “means nothing”?

Wouldn’t this benefit everyone (except some HC:s who desperately needs their final ranking to be high)?

I’m here to play an online game and to have fun but this isn’t fun, because we all wait for the end to come and as it is now we have absolutely nothing to do…

Btw, these “soon to end times – were we know who won and the community aint got nothing to do or play for” these are the times when most players leaves to play other games!
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 18:26   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Last days of fun

MoToX, you might have nothing to play for but the rest of us still do.
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 18:30   #3
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

hehe yeah. I'm still happily playing and couldn't give a monkeys toss who won/is winning/will win.

I play for fun, yet the original statement contradicts itself

Quote:
I know there is still some fighting going around for top 5 endings etc,
but we all know that 1up won this round (congratulation etc) and in my book that’s all to it.
Quote:
This is foremost a game and nothing else and we all play for the fun of it - I hope!?
So basically you are saying its only fun if you win. LOL

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 18:35   #4
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
MoToX, you might have nothing to play for but the rest of us still do.

Weee, how long took it for one of those HC:s to apply and complain….?

Btw, have you asked your members how they feel about the situation or even better how many of your members have gone inactive?
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 18:40   #5
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
Weee, how long took it for one of those HC:s to apply and complain….?

Btw, have you asked your members how they feel about the situation or even better how many of your members have gone inactive?
Complain? How on earth did I complain?

If I thought that 1up could be taken down, I would be doing it already. However, on the night that NewDawn lost their first 10%, we decided that nothing would be gained by VGN entering the fray.

Our aim at the start of the round was to finish as high as possible. As the round has gone on, we've been able to define that more and more clearly. We have a very real and achievable aim, and I believe that we will succeed in it by the time the round finishes. As for member activity, it's just as good now as it was a few weeks ago - in fact, it's probably better.
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 18:55   #6
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
Complain? How on earth did I complain?

If I thought that 1up could be taken down, I would be doing it already. However, on the night that NewDawn lost their first 10%, we decided that nothing would be gained by VGN entering the fray.

Our aim at the start of the round was to finish as high as possible. As the round has gone on, we've been able to define that more and more clearly. We have a very real and achievable aim, and I believe that we will succeed in it by the time the round finishes. As for member activity, it's just as good now as it was a few weeks ago - in fact, it's probably better.

“we will succeed” aims to me that most if not all of your members are in on the same goal together with you. I hope that is correct but I’m not here to argue about someone’s goals etc.

I post only for the reason that this is a game and loads of people leaves now or stops playing because stagnation have shown his ugly face for some days now.

I was only hoping that we ALL could have some general fun and to stop more players from leaving

But if it suits you better let’s continue this “not fun anymore round” and help you to reach you alliance goal.
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 19:03   #7
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

from my long time in VsN as medium sized alliance i always saw the last weeks of every round as a chance to activate my last energies anddo the best for my rank (and yes clearly for the alliance rankings too). Now is the time where a lot of big alliances have problems that players go inactive and quite (Motox style ) or the top player have just outgrown the universe and are useless.

Now the smaller alliances benefit from this situation where mostly ranks are decided already because those sitting on fixed ranks dont bother that much like before.

Giving up is the last you should do imo - always !

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 19:08   #8
furball

MotoX, you have my deepest sympathies for no longer enjoying this round. Certainly you have every right to find ways to enjoy it more. Since it appears that you can do this by attacking 1up, by all means do so. However, I cannot give you our support in doing so - since we have other things to be getting on with, as jupp said.

If we start to get bored, then we will find ways of having more fun. We aren't bored - in fact we're having a great time, even if alliances double our size feel like targetting us.
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 19:30   #9
MotoX
Stolen

Well, your alliance etc etc…….

I do not care about your goals or whatever, I only know that many players leaves or concentrate themselves on other games and that’s a fact and that can either you nore me change

My aim is still to do SOMETHING that makes them stay or at least make them to come back for the next round. Your goals or for that matter any other alliances HC aren’t getting them to stay or returning back next round.

If you got another idea please post it then?
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 20:14   #10
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

we can learn from this round and make next round shorter .... not much else.

this round is set to 10 weeks and shortening it is not an option i guess.

Unread 15 Sep 2005, 20:54   #11
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Now when all that is decided we could start to have some real fun again – everyone could start to hit 1up planets (even 6.10) and us the rest together with 1up members could have some pre havoc fun?
You have a weird definition of fun.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 21:01   #12
jupp
Hi there ...

and just becuase 1up is the unchangable winner of this round it doesnt mean that you cant hit their planets anymore (yes even with success i mean) just gang up enough attackers in waves on single 1ups and u might have success - you cant beat the whole so take them out 1 by 1

can be done with every other alliance as well - 1up was just an example here *he he*

Unread 15 Sep 2005, 21:34   #13
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

NewDawn says no.
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 23:08   #14
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

cypher says fish pm me!!!!
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 23:18   #15
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
and just becuase 1up is the unchangable winner of this round it doesnt mean that you cant hit their planets anymore (yes even with success i mean) just gang up enough attackers in waves on single 1ups and u might have success - you cant beat the whole so take them out 1 by 1

can be done with every other alliance as well - 1up was just an example here *he he*

pfft, easy for the napped party to say

Ontopic, this round ain't really to short imho. Yes it turns out there is a early winner due to most of the opposition collapsing one way or another (disbanding, splitting), but that has been acceptional in a round and i don't think we will see it happen again any time soon.
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 00:17   #16
Hiall

Hiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to behold

Indeed game over.. bring on round 15 :P
Hiall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 03:33   #17
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
You mean, you and VGN might actually reach your goal of being in the top 100 alliances? \o/

/me flees
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 09:25   #18
liskonen
Lahtelainen.

liskonen will become famous soon enoughliskonen will become famous soon enough

MotoX, I guess you find it amusing to slice each others with knives among your friends?
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 14:55   #19
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
You mean, you and VGN might actually reach your goal of being in the top 100 alliances? \o/

/me flees
I'm sorry. Which VisioN did you join? VisioN 1 or VisioN 2?
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 15:16   #20
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

MotoX will you please stop posting boring and annoying pointless threads.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 16:46   #21
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
MotoX will you please stop posting boring and annoying pointless threads.

So when did you become God?

Things that are annoying or boring to you might not be that to me or others so
I will post when and what I dam like.

This forum are a free place were everyone can create a thread or a single post if they like
and that thread must not; to be liked by everyone…..doooh.

So you got 2 choices either make one yourself that everyone likes or get the hell out of mine!
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 23:51   #22
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So you got 2 choices either make one yourself that everyone likes or get the hell out of mine!
I will even quote you for a reply to this one

Quote:
I will post when and what I dam like.
Quote:
So when did you become God?
I didnt become God but I see there is a FLOOD of shit coming out your fingers so thought I would intervene and say how poop you are

Coz lets me honest stfu.

Unread 16 Sep 2005, 23:59   #23
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

MotoX.

The point of these forums isn't who can make the most threads that people like

Feel free to add to threads to with an informed opinion. But don't do it unless your opinion is solid, holds a valid argument that is feasible for the rest of the community to pick up where youre coming from.

In this instance, the pa team have declared the end of round date. Resistance is futile.

Mod? Close the thread ftw.
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 00:00   #24
jupp
Hi there ...

Quote:

If I understand correctly there aren’t too many planets out there that 1up people can hit, so let’s stop right now and immediately declare them winners?

thats what u said earlier about PA - mkay ? stop the round because you and some others dont enjoy it anymore! ( still others do)

now let's see what happens later :

Quote:
Things that are annoying or boring to you might not be that to me or others so
Oh Oh Oh - do i sniff a little contradiction there ? :-p

Unread 17 Sep 2005, 00:07   #25
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp

Oh Oh Oh - do i sniff a little contradiction there ? :-p

Must be the local chippy

Unread 17 Sep 2005, 00:11   #26
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Motox will you be my god?
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 00:14   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virall
Mod? Close the thread ftw.
Shan't. Motox has every right to make this thread, much as everyone has every right to criticise his proposal in a reasonable fashion. However I would advise motox to attempt a little consistency, especially inside the same thread.
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 17:48   #28
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

heh just wait for more shit threads from him atleast it's a laugh and he's making himself more into a joke by the day
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 13:29   #29
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
End Round Early??

at the moment i doubt iam the only person to think that this is the most boring end to a round ever.

i ask you pa team, please end the round early and get cracking on with havoc so we can be spared our sanity.

top alliance is decided
top galaxy is decided
top planets are decided pretty much the top galaxy flling it rapidly with their planets

end the stagnation and bring on the fun fs :P

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 13:29   #30
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Perhaps this is his way of having fun while the rest of us play the game.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 13:37   #31
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
Re: End Round Early??

the reason i post the thread is tho...theres 10 days of the round left, and i wud rather put those 10 days to a havoc than sit in this stagnated boring universe

Unread 18 Sep 2005, 13:42   #32
jupp
Hi there ...

i think once there is a time set for the end of the round they pull it through no matter how the game develops. in the end it is all up to the players and not to PA team to 'play' PA. We even wanted a round of 10 weeks and next round everyone will want a shorter round remembering this one and we might need more time in the end because ... no predictions here and now \o/

dont we love PA ?

let's just sit out the last days and wait what happens

Unread 18 Sep 2005, 13:47   #33
Mek
InSomniac

but nothing is happening...thats the point lol

unless u got something up your sleeve i dont see how sitting out the round will reduce the boredom

Unread 18 Sep 2005, 13:48   #34
jupp
Hi there ...

my point was : we have to accept it and find something else for amusement maybe

Unread 18 Sep 2005, 19:15   #35
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
but nothing is happening...thats the point lol

unless u got something up your sleeve i dont see how sitting out the round will reduce the boredom
I got into the top 100 this week and i am sure all those ppl just on the brim of the top 100 are battling it out to get in top 100 if they havent been before.

Boring for some exciting for others.

Unread 18 Sep 2005, 19:35   #36
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
I got into the top 100 this week and i am sure all those ppl just on the brim of the top 100 are battling it out to get in top 100 if they havent been before.

Boring for some exciting for others.
Exactly - there are still players and alliances out there with goals to achieve. Not everyone is aiming to finish top 10....that doesn't mean their goals aren't important.

I know in TGV there are players within reach of finishing in the top 100, 200, 500 etc and as such if we were to quit now, we'd actually be effectively ruining the round for those players, therefore we're going to keep playing for the rest of the round to help them try and reach thier goals.

notsure
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 20:33   #37
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Various people are still playing for the longterm end date rather than the immediate short term. For example, say someone decided to grab alot of roids for a high loss, which would repay itself within a week but leave them at a much lower rank in the short term. Wouldn't they be pissed off to see their current position suddently become their final rank?
Perhaps we have new players intent on looking through the newly opened tech tree, or trying out new strategies so see if they're worthwhile to upgrade for next round.

Or we could just end the round now and amuse ourselves watching MotoX post on AD for many many weeks until a new round returns.
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 22:39   #38
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:

Things that are annoying or boring to you might not be that to me or others
BINGO - Now will you kindly take your own advice and go twiddle your thumbs or whatever is "fun" for you for the next 10 days.
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 13:50   #39
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Who can be bothered to waste their time playing havoc? FFS!!!1!

Let those who are bored put their accounts into vacation mode and let the rest of us get on with finishing our game.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 15:13   #40
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas

Let those who are bored put their accounts into vacation mode and let the rest of us get on with finishing our game.
NOOOO dont say that we can roid them if there that bored

Unread 19 Sep 2005, 16:52   #41
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
Various people are still playing for the longterm end date rather than the immediate short term. For example, say someone decided to grab alot of roids for a high loss, which would repay itself within a week but leave them at a much lower rank in the short term. Wouldn't they be pissed off to see their current position suddently become their final rank?
Perhaps we have new players intent on looking through the newly opened tech tree, or trying out new strategies so see if they're worthwhile to upgrade for next round.

Or we could just end the round now and amuse ourselves watching MotoX post on AD for many many weeks until a new round returns.

This was actually a very presentable post, both constructive and funny at the same time.

Learn children learn!.
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 17:08   #42
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
BINGO - Now will you kindly take your own advice and go twiddle your thumbs or whatever is "fun" for you for the next 10 days.

And this was a poor if not a very bad post.

He got nothing constructive to add and his “flame” was….well nothing.

To you who read this and never made your own thread in these forums, please don’t take this kind of posts as an example for the future.

And please remember there is still some adults who actually can and will answer your threads in a decent manor, so go ahead and make you own threads but prepare yourself for these kinds of answers.
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 17:14   #43
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

Quote:

everyone could start to hit 1up planets (even 6.10) and us the rest together with 1up members could have some pre havoc fun?
What do you think has been happening the last couple weeks....

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 17:15   #44
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas

This was actually not a bad suggestion. I think it should be possible to be in vacationmode out the round.
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 18:15   #45
Bockman
Name's Bond.. Vaga Bond

Bockman is an unknown quantity at this point

Not agreing with the end of the round b4 schedule, i have to say stagnation has come for most. Since i'm running solo for this round, it is being as much fun as it was when i entered (probably more fun, as i re-learnt the game).

The only reason i see for having this round end sooner is the fact that it would be wise to start Round XV a.s.a.p. so it would end b4 christmas. hollidays screw gaming and are of great impact to both players and alliances.

I don't think it's possible to change the scenario in either of the scoreboards, but if some of them are still having a go at it, and as much as i'd preferr to have Round XV on the go tomorrow, i can't agree to the ending of the round before schedule. It was planned this way, so it's dealine should be kept.

As for all the players/gals/allies still giving it 110%, u got my vote and recognition

Be Well 8-)
Bockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 19:29   #46
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
And this was a poor if not a very bad post.

He got nothing constructive to add and his “flame” was….well nothing.

To you who read this and never made your own thread in these forums, please don’t take this kind of posts as an example for the future.

And please remember there is still some adults who actually can and will answer your threads in a decent manor, so go ahead and make you own threads but prepare yourself for these kinds of answers.

Oh, and i guess you would know a "poor, if not a very bad post" seeing as all yours are mainly in that category..
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 20:00   #47
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
Oh, and i guess you would know a "poor, if not a very bad post" seeing as all yours are mainly in that category..

Oh, and when they feel hurt they always tries to put another crappy post in….

Notice; their second post have again nothing to add to the subject in hand.

D.S These posters will appear in almost every thread.
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 09:24   #48
Dopec

Dopec can only hope to improve

Indeed the round is heavily stagnated already and I dont really buy the argument of still playing to achieve ranks, since if a round just keeps going on and on and on and on, more and more people will simply stop playing/caring about it and hence it eats the credibility of finishing in top100 for example, when you might've some 30-40% of top100 being completely inactive for the last week and about anyone can gain ranks on such environment. Whether all of this is good for PA as a whole is a good question, at least the people wont hopefully re-do the mistake of choosing 10 weeks as round length
Dopec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 09:49   #49
noah02
The Original Terran

I quote

Quote:
Oh, and when they feel hurt they always tries to put another crappy post in….

D.S These posters will appear in almost every thread.
then I quote

Quote:

You trying to look cool or something?
Stop teeling ppl to not post things that arent relevant by saying the same non relavant thing twice.

If you dont like someones post thats not relevant then dont post trying to make urself look like ur actually good at arguements when you just actually look stupid by posting non relevant threads trying to flame someone.

Back to the thread now no more stupid replies and i say that I am still trying to survive top 100 and so is everyone else and a lot of alliances/ppl are still trying to push as far up the ranks as possible
There is 8 days left to go so i think we can all sitck it out

Unread 20 Sep 2005, 10:59   #50
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Lets not forget those outside of the top 100, who do still land two attacks a day, and contribute to their alliance and are generally having lots of fun. Just because the top 10% of players are bored doesn't mean we should be shortening a round that others have paid for.

If you really want next round to start sooner, get hold of another server and start beta testing now. Yes, I know that won't happen, mainly due to the fact that round 15 isn't ready yet.

We don't call it an endurance round for nothing.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote