User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 8 Jan 2007, 13:35   #1
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
[suggestion] Random Events

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but i think it would be nice to have some random events in pa that happen to random people at random times.
These random events can be good & bad.

For example:
Bad
- Pirates have raided your planet: 25% of your resources are stolen.
- An accident happened in one of your research labs, it has blown up
- An error in one of your ships guidance system caused it to crash with another ship, the ships have been lost.
- etc etc

Good:
- Your scientists have discovered an asteroid that is very rich of resources, there will be a temporary increase of 5% in your resources of type x for 1 day.
- Your scientist have worked faster than originally planned, your research will be done 5 ticks faster.
- Pirates tried to raid your planet but your fleet stopped them before they could do any harm: x amount of x ships have been captured.
- etc etc

The idea behind it is to make pa less predictable, in its current form pa is kinda a boring game where everything can be calced from tickplans to battles, the outcome of nearly everything is predetermined.

Discuss please

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 13:51   #2
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

lurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to behold
Re: [suggestion] Random Events

it sounds great
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 15:03   #3
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

sounds like a nice idea to me because the game itself gets quite boring after 2-3 weeks, those random events would be the sugar on top. Hope it will be considered! good luck

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 15:28   #4
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

i agree
The thing about PA is that u can script it pretty much from tick 1 with little to none omission for random factor X.

Ofcourse random events have to be worked on and balanced out. (say 5 tick research boost in first 72 tick will give a huge edge to he who goes by 72 plan tick bringing out those big ships faster. Could be a crucial change.

other then that i been waiting for something like that to freshen up PA. Last round was my first that i did not bother finishing Just coz it was so deam boring after a while (and i ended up sucking anyways :P)
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 15:37   #5
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I really like it, cept for that 25% of your resources stolen... Would be very bad for resourcesavers. Hehe
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 16:23   #6
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I really like it, cept for that 25% of your resources stolen... Would be very bad for resourcesavers. Hehe
Arguably a good thing.
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 16:47   #7
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Thats only bad if you are a resource saver......

I like it. It just gives the resource saver something to think about
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 01:11   #8
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

People who know how to "play better" and collect more asteroids and hold them shouldn't be punished.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 01:54   #9
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

**** random events. unless they're of miniscule effect just to add a little bit of ballfondling i guess
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 02:01   #10
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Actually I like the idea of random events ;-)
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 02:15   #11
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

the random events, even with fairly rough consequences (25% might be atad to much,) wont really destroy your game, even if 3-4 BS crash into each other, its not that bad,,..

and as for people who can "play well" shouldnt be punished,. .theny shouldn't be fazed by these events,.. and should adapt their game to play well with them,..
there's good things to :P,..

hope Pa team take some of this into mind,.. maybe not a complete idea, but it's a nice suggestion that should be thought and brainstomred on, ...
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 15:59   #12
Vas
ROCK biatch

Vas is an unknown quantity at this point

Random events ingame is an execellent idea would add more element to the game either good or bad. Maybe be a good idea to have a option on signup whether to receive these random events during the round or not.

[VanX][ToF][xVx][PK][Subh][InS][Omen][Destiny][ROCK]

Proud to been a Member of Gal 1:6 R18
Vas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 00:27   #13
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Unless the game was to actually change so that a random event could happen that we had time to react to and stop using our resources and skill, they have no place.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 03:14   #14
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

the idea of random events is great. I agree it would be better if there was some kind of action to be taken to fullfil it.
example:
'Your scans have found the location of the legendary Zglorb Treasure Ship, send a fleet to the following coordinates to collect its cargo'
or
'Your scientist claim to have discovered a drug that will boost the fighting capacities of your pilot, do you want to test it on your next combat'

Each event could have a positive or negative result (the treasure could be loads of resources or there could be a hostile reception at the coordinates meaning you need a big enough fleet, or the treasure could be gone making you lose X ticks on the useless trip), this way people wouldn't go to IRC to post the list of each event and its outcome.
Finally 'random events' could be a 'engineer priority', if you don't select it, you won't get them.
Unread 13 Jan 2007, 18:48   #15
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about

I agree with this idea if only to liven up the daily routine.
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2007, 19:34   #16
ohatlen
Im Hatlon \ SEXLON

ohatlen is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
- Pirates have raided your planet: 25% of your resources are stolen.

I like that
ohatlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2007, 17:17   #17
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Id start playing again if this happened.

Random events with missions attached. I like this idea Hut, particularly if they are cooperative missions, that would add an aspect of strategy that even alliances might get involved in.
Virall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2007, 22:47   #18
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

hey virl pm on mirc

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote