User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 3 Oct 2006, 19:49   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
What More?

Yes I want more.

I want more posters, more banter, more flames, more scams, more shams, more characters.

Alliance Discussions is quite frankly boring.

I think firstly it comes down to the game being slightly boring and predictable.

Secondly I think some people take the whole game a bit seriously. For example eXilition never let any of it's posters post. I know it was lame, but personally when eVil appeared round 15 it made me laugh (and others). It provoked reaction, intrigue and debate.

Alliance Discussions these days doesn't get juicy unless Synthetic_Sid posts.

I also believe it was to a certain extent ruined by the 1up brigade.

They (we) would go around and well post. All of a sudden we were posting as one when in previous rounds we had each been representing our little area.

To be quite frank it must have been quite intimidating. Why post something against 1up if you are going to get 20 people telling you, you are wrong. I also believe that some real characters have stopped posting (or posting at least on a regular basis).

I truly believe reputation plays a part in it. I would like to appeal to JammyJim, JBG, Lokken et al to seriously discuss taking away the annoymonous reputation. It discourages new posters, they are scared of getting red dots (and to be quite frank if I was in there position I would be too.)

But mainly it is down to the people who play planetarion.

We should get engaged with debate, be it meaningful, lies, whatever as long as we post.

Alliance Discussions should become the hot bed of the politics of planetarion, not for those lucky few (like myself of course) who know whats going on behind the closed doors of #exil, #angels.priv, #ascendancy, #private, #nd et al.

It should be in the open, discussed and play a role in this game.

I honestly believe it is not the game itself that is interesting, rather it is the interaction on irc and the forums.

So come one, come all. Start posting, be you a newbie or a regular. Lets get AD going.
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 19:55   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: What More?

I'll do the first pull, but someone gotta help me as I can pull it all by myself! Come on piggehboy!
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 20:19   #3
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Arguing with 1up was fun actually.

Although you do start to realise how frustrating stubborn (and dense) some of them are.
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 20:20   #4
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I reckon the regulars on AD should be assigned new posters and kind of guide them on AD. Be like mentors (not that mentoring thing from pa which was a comic flop) but almost a cool mentoring thing.

I reckon I could sort pilgrim out.
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 20:24   #5
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i don't think anyone found evil funny except you, though if i remember right 'eVil' was just a gimmick of yours so go figure.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 20:29   #6
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
i don't think anyone found evil funny except you
I disagree, mainly becuase people seemed to be laughing about it and joking about it when it happened.

It was funny because it was rediculous. Some people thought it was good, some people lets call them the academia of planetarion (perhaps yourself?) didn't find it funny.

My comedy is a mix between Larry David and Little Britain.

I go for the ratings, but at times it gets Dark.
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 20:33   #7
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
To be quite frank it must have been quite intimidating. Why post something against 1up if you are going to get 20 people telling you, you are wrong. I also believe that some real characters have stopped posting (or posting at least on a regular basis).
it ain't intimidating, it is just pointless. why bother to try discussing something if anything u type gets slandered off just because some ppl dislike you or u are in an ally which is hostile to them (no matter what someone is gonna say: unless u are a well known member or around long enough or u have played together with those ppl it IS important to some posters what ally u are in and therefor everything u say is shit) to prove my point just watch my blobs in the coming days

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I truly believe reputation plays a part in it. I would like to appeal to JammyJim, JBG, Lokken et al to seriously discuss taking away the annoymonous reputation. It discourages new posters, they are scared of getting red dots (and to be quite frank if I was in there position I would be too.)
this might be true for new posters, but for everyone else it is quite clear that having a lot of green blobs means u are either 1) part of one of the online wanking circles present on these forums or 2) someone with a high rep power likes you

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I honestly believe it is not the game itself that is interesting, rather it is the interaction on irc and the forums.
agreed
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 20:42   #8
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I disagree, mainly becuase people seemed to be laughing about it and joking about it when it happened.

It was funny because it was rediculous. Some people thought it was good, some people lets call them the academia of planetarion (perhaps yourself?) didn't find it funny.

My comedy is a mix between Larry David and Little Britain.

I go for the ratings, but at times it gets Dark.
idunno, the whole idea of creating a gimmick to pretend to be a member of another alliance then try and create a shit reputation for them using it (whether intentionally or not, that's what it was seemingly set to do) doesn't really reek of much comedy in my eyes anyway.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 20:45   #9
pig
1up on you

When you put it like that but some would say it was light hearted banter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida
it ain't intimidating, it is just pointless. why bother to try discussing something if anything u type gets slandered off just because some ppl dislike you or u are in an ally which is hostile to them (no matter what someone is gonna say: unless u are a well known member or around long enough or u have played together with those ppl it IS important to some posters what ally u are in and therefor everything u say is shit) to prove my point just watch my blobs in the coming days
I agree with most you write here.

Quote:
this might be true for new posters, but for everyone else it is quite clear that having a lot of green blobs means u are either 1) part of one of the online wanking circles present on these forums or 2) someone with a high rep power likes you
I actually believe that the worst reppers are not the people with high rep, I believe it is the mentality of the forums itself. For example if someone makes a good point but I disagree I would pos rep them, when most would use AD to negrep them as they cant roid them ingame. Thats my theory anyway.
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 20:48   #10
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

yep, i fully support that theory.

so i also agree with your call for taking the anonymity (sp?) away from the rep system
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 20:50   #11
Thefoundation

Thefoundation is infamous around these partsThefoundation is infamous around these parts

You get smacked down if you dont write your facts down in the way some AD people want
Thefoundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 20:51   #12
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I actually believe that the worst reppers are not the people with high rep, I believe it is the mentality of the forums itself. For example if someone makes a good point but I disagree I would pos rep them, when most would use AD to negrep them as they cant roid them ingame. Thats my theory anyway.
My theory is that the reputation system itself has made the forums more insestic, harder to approach, and generally causes people to buzz off. And yeah, a lot of the reputation a person gets comes from not the quality of his posts but the content of them. As pointed above, it's rather useless to even try argue something on the forums, as it only gets you drowned in flames by the major league forum hitters, and then the rest of them fix you up with a few hundred negative reputation points just because "OMG HAHA YOU ARE BITTER BECAUSE YOU WILL FINISH BELOW INSOMNIA" or equal truckload of itself found in the poo poo cargo.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 21:34   #13
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I've got to agree, most of the posters on AD give you neg rep for not agreeing with them, I mean most of the neg reps I have gotten here are "lol no clue" "lol get facts straight" "lol thats wrong" - I distinctly remember KJ neg repping me for a post a couple of rounds back, hsi neg rep was a whine about how Angels got 400 or so inc fleets every night. Neg repping for being shit at posting (Max, Pilgrim, Yeh etc...) is fair enough, neg repping for them having a different point of view to yours is plain retarded and what makes people not want to bother with AD.
A bunch of red blobs usually denotes a shit poster, when a new person comes to AD and sees the amount of red blobs on other people, they think of them as shit, when they attempt to post and get neg repped, they get intimidated/upset because they are portrayed as shit to the rest of the community due to some narrow minded people not agreeing with their post.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 21:36   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Before rep we had a lot more shit posts in threads which would simply go "you're wrong" (actually it was predominately "ur rong" now that I think of it). In general these days many people realise having a honest debate on AD is one of the last things you want to do. Of course many of them forestall everything by just not posting. Maybe someone on pateam can run an advertising campaign ingame for AD!!!

PS The 1up bandwagon is up there with "ldk cheat" and "proud to be fang" in terms of the worst things I've ever had to moderate over a long period of time. Although of course everything is topped by "did titans win r8". Lord, that took years off my life

PPS I'll have a think again about abolishing rep.
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 21:52   #15
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I never liked the reputation system from the get-go, for a number of reasons (I'll post them later--short on time at the moment). However, I think the general idea of it is fairly reasonable.

As for the AD, it is an intimidating playing field for new (or unfamiliar) people to jump into...the blame for that can be well spread around to most of us (we all have our moments).

Improvement is possible, but it's been a loooong time since I've given a genuine shit about this forum

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 21:55   #16
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

JBG, its not the rep system thats flawed, its the way some retards use it that is.
I'd get rid of Anonymous rep tbh, would stop a lot of the crap.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 22:02   #17
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
JBG, its not the rep system thats flawed, its the way some retards use it that is.
Completly agree.
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 22:07   #18
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
i agree completely and if after removing the anon rep feature its still shit u have the option of removing the rep system alltogether

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 22:15   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We had a long and boring debate about anonymous rep versus non-anonymous rep versus abolishing rep on GD a while ago. In the end I decided it'd be easier to kill myself.

I'm actually writing this from the afterlife.

Edit: Bring shorts.
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 22:56   #20
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Yes I want more.

I want more posters, more banter, more flames, more scams, more shams, more characters.

Alliance Discussions is quite frankly boring.
Everytime someone comes up with these, the posts are removed and the poster banned :s
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 23:09   #21
pig
1up on you

Pilgrim, pm me. I will show you the light.

You and me together, in 6 weeks.

Think about it, we will be gold.
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 23:45   #22
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I've got to agree, most of the posters on AD give you neg rep for not agreeing with them, I mean most of the neg reps I have gotten here are "lol no clue" "lol get facts straight" "lol thats wrong" - I distinctly remember KJ neg repping me for a post a couple of rounds back, hsi neg rep was a whine about how Angels got 400 or so inc fleets every night. Neg repping for being shit at posting (Max, Pilgrim, Yeh etc...) is fair enough, neg repping for them having a different point of view to yours is plain retarded and what makes people not want to bother with AD.
A bunch of red blobs usually denotes a shit poster, when a new person comes to AD and sees the amount of red blobs on other people, they think of them as shit, when they attempt to post and get neg repped, they get intimidated/upset because they are portrayed as shit to the rest of the community due to some narrow minded people not agreeing with their post.
I get neg repped all the time for posts, but at the end of the day does anyone really watch / go by the neg rep system?

What everyone seems to elude to say is what Mazz has already said. The political environment has become stymied. When the game has a new influx of players probably only 10% of players are actually new. The rest are old has beens (like me) trying to get back some of the fun they once had playing this game,

The trouble has come because now old has beens like me look at the game and really don't like what we see. So while we used to come back we really don't want to come back anymore.

If you want a brighter AD, if you want to have more fun you have 2 choices. 1 is to find a new community, the other is to pray for a change in policy and game direction :P

At the end of the day the best days of this game was when it was at its simplest and rawest form, not the garbage that is passed off today as pa. Complexity and cost means that PA is no longer the game it once was with perhaps 20k real players and 180k multi planets / beginners that have given up.

The politics are so congested that in New PA all you can do is clobber each other until you are well and truely dead. No nights off just to get easy roids and no 50 million point fleets squashing a planet from 5 mil to 0.

While I am upset at the way which pa has deteriorated, i do believe the boards, the one dimensional politics and lack of players are all related to the same disease. All thats left to say is i hope someone listens to the hc's leaving the game soon. for PA's sake.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 01:52   #23
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

On behalf of Omen, I d like to introduce our new man in charge of PR;

robban.

-What size JBG, and any brand u d prefer?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 02:30   #24
Error

Error is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really nice

Ok first post ill address my opinions on the main issues that people are talking about

1) Repping I do see it as a neccessty as it does mean you can "normally" see whos post to pay more attention to, but people with -1million rep points post can be funny ty Robban. The main issue I have with the system is that with it being anonamous peopel just use it to flmae people and hey have o idea who does it.

2) AD can get boring ut its the beginnig of a new round hopefully things will hotten up. at least its not going to be a traditional 1up Vs Exi thread anmore .

3) the main problem people have is there is a specific way people on AD prefer people to write, somebosy should make a thread for the people who need and want to know how to do it properly that way we all win.

4) Last one some people who have full rep max green dots or whatever can get away with flaming as there points are so high, this needs to be dscouraged.

Seriously this could be a new beginnig for PA, If we stop all the bickering between the players and the PA team the game could be amazing, so what if the game does die its the players fault as well, when all you read on the forums is this game is dying, why should people play when the players just complain about it.

In my opinion if PA dies it does but lets make the last few rounds memorable and worth our blood sweat and tears. If PA takes off like I hope then brilliant basically

All in all good luck guys

Proud to have been ND
Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 02:44   #25
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error
Ok first post ill address my opinions on the main issues that people are talking about
welcome to the forums
Quote:
1) Repping I do see it as a neccessty as it does mean you can "normally" see whos post to pay more attention to, but people with -1million rep points post can be funny ty Robban. The main issue I have with the system is that with it being anonamous peopel just use it to flmae people and hey have o idea who does it.
You should not pay more attention to people with many -green dots-. Some of the people with loads of -green dots- are shit posters, not in the loop.
While some who only post every now and then , and thus will have less -green dots- might make brilliant posts with information first hand. I got some of these green dots, but still I am in general a shit poster

-dont pay attention to me
Quote:
2) AD can get boring ut its the beginnig of a new round hopefully things will hotten up. at least its not going to be a traditional 1up Vs Exi thread anmore .
In the good old days AD was alive and kicking pre round also. who would block with who? OMG POWERBLOCKS WTF!!. Miss that

But yeah, lets hope someone backstab someone. Someone get caught in a big massive cheating scandal or something. would make AD fun again
Quote:
3) the main problem people have is there is a specific way people on AD prefer people to write, somebosy should make a thread for the people who need and want to know how to do it properly that way we all win.
1 tip - try to weed out some typos. easier and more enjoyable to read then. ( I got many typos myself,but thats because I m shit)
Quote:
4) Last one some people who have full rep max green dots or whatever can get away with flaming as there points are so high, this needs to be dscouraged.
How on earth can people with green dots get away with flaming? Imo we got good mods on AD which aint too badly biased, so they will remove posts / give warnings to whoever flames. Its an insult to them claiming some get away with it -unless u again refer to the green dots system, where people with mroe of them should be taken more serious?
Quote:
Seriously this could be a new beginnig for PA, If we stop all the bickering between the players and the PA team the game could be amazing, so what if the game does die its the players fault as well, when all you read on the forums is this game is dying, why should people play when the players just complain about it.

In my opinion if PA dies it does but lets make the last few rounds memorable and worth our blood sweat and tears. If PA takes off like I hope then brilliant basically

All in all good luck guys
Its not the players fault. Its jolt`s. ( mainly atleast imo )

But yes, lets make every round memorable. Hell, I am even playing this round hardcore. So it better be fun and memorable

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 02:47   #26
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

I am all for a mentor program.
I need someone to takeover for me soon.

AD is boring because there is nothing new to talk about. We repeat ourselves every round. A lot of people are over secretive also, which is pointless with so few players. Pig mentioned a few channels in the initial post of the thread, but the channels are just as boring as AD at times.
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 03:12   #27
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
welcome to the forums
First of all, I enjoyed this post.

Quote:
You should not pay more attention to people with many -green dots-. Some of the people with loads of -green dots- are shit posters, not in the loop.
While some who only post every now and then , and thus will have less -green dots- might make brilliant posts with information first hand. I got some of these green dots, but still I am in general a shit poster

-dont pay attention to me
On AD, reputation is pointless, the people with massive rep power come from GD which gives out rep on a totally different basis to GD. On top of that, people use the rep function wrongly, as a way of saying they disagree, which infact has no bearing on whether the post was any good or not.

Quote:
In the good old days AD was alive and kicking pre round also. who would block with who? OMG POWERBLOCKS WTF!!. Miss that

But yeah, lets hope someone backstab someone. Someone get caught in a big massive cheating scandal or something. would make AD fun again
The problem I see it is that agreements these days are made to avoid incoming rather than to give it to someone else. This is boring as ****.

Quote:
1 tip - try to weed out some typos. easier and more enjoyable to read then. ( I got many typos myself,but thats because I m shit)
Spelling, Punctuation, Grammar, Paragraphs, all good.

Quote:
How on earth can people with green dots get away with flaming? Imo we got good mods on AD which aint too badly biased, so they will remove posts / give warnings to whoever flames. Its an insult to them claiming some get away with it -unless u again refer to the green dots system, where people with mroe of them should be taken more serious?
The other point about rep on here is that we do flag up bad posts and if a poster does push us to the limit we'll tell him once and if they don't get the message, well you know what follows. As mods we often get there first before anyone has the chance to rep.

I was going to post about 1up but any reply I drafted got me into trouble so I didn't.
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 03:15   #28
Error

Error is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken

I was going to post about 1up but any reply I drafted got me into trouble so I didn't.
gone are them days

Proud to have been ND
Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 03:27   #29
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
gone are them days
Well considering people might get the wrong end of the stick and think i've not been impartial, I didn't think it was wise. All I'll say is that moderators absolute hate it when people ruin discussion without breaking rules, because there is very little they can do about it or to prove people are doing it in an organised way.
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 06:46   #30
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
The problem I see it is that agreements these days are made to avoid incoming rather than to give it to someone else. This is boring as ****.
The argument about the good ole days is more about increasing tensions. Even middle ability alliances could get away with being mediocre and still have a bit of fun.

Your right some of the reasoning is incomming avoidance, becuase it gives players restbite which they just do not get these days.

As well as that with main alliances not hitting each other directly you get increased tensions and more emphasis on one on one wars instead of block wars.

also reduced complexity means its easier to recover, easier to learn and easier for an alliance to act independently of blocks or anything else. Currently I would say all 3 are impossible due to the structure of the current game which also effects boards and politics.

Take AD - when I was a wee wipper snapper in pa terms AD used to have a lot more cammaradery and why was that? The fact was that like them or hate them your old AD adversaries had more targets for quips and distaste. Now, the universe is so small that any poster is a target, especially if they are on the other side / neutral and do not agree with your PoV.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 11:35   #31
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

I heard jer is gonna HC VsN and that zzhou will lead Ascendancy who have top 5 ambitions.
I also heard that Omen is napped with Angels who got a shitload of ex-1uppers, Subh napped with ToF and xVx, eXilition has 30 members including MacTAnzu back and that ND is gayer then ever with Gate and The_Fish.
Oh and elviz joined ToF.

Last edited by Stoom; 4 Oct 2006 at 14:17.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 11:49   #32
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
Subh napped with ToF and xVx
I don't know where you got that but it's certainly not true

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 12:02   #33
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
I don't know where you got that but it's certainly not true
sure...
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 12:26   #34
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
sure...
ToF has no naps or other pre-round agreements, atleast not at this point.
Doesn't mean we're not looking into it, but there's nothing concrete at this point.
Don't know where you got your info, but it's not reliable

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 12:41   #35
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloke, in an interview
Are there any negotiations with other alliances which we wont mention by name?
Bloke : there are some in progress yes, in this round that'll most likely be a must though as you said no names.
Will u be powerblocking?
Bloke : No comment for now.
So you are ?
Bloke : Damn journalists. I’m I just can't say about that till the round is well underway as it could affect our efforts etc
http://www.planetarion.com/columns.php?a=article&id=279
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 12:46   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

I'd probably give a no comment regardless of status or intentions. No point in giving away the game before it's even kicked off is there?
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 12:50   #37
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

If you actually read what Bloke said you'd see that we're only negotiating.
At this point nothing is certain, meaning atm we have no official naps or other pre-round agreements.
What i said in my previous post to make it short

Unread 4 Oct 2006, 12:52   #38
pig
1up on you

Why would you go looking for naps and allies?

Is ToF incapable of going it alone, or at least making a play for #1 and then perhaps blocking when the failure kicks is?
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 12:54   #39
Tietäjä
Good Son

Yeah, I know, it's not the "negotiations in progress" but the "Are going to block?" "I'm I just can't say about it till..." which refered to an intention to block up. I'm just stirring poop of my boredom here. Rumor mill style, eh?
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 13:29   #40
wielklem
retired

wielklem is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Doesn't mean we're not looking into it, but there's nothing concrete at this point.
Don't know where you got your info, but it's not reliable
dont realy care where stoom gets his intel just can say he is always right about this stuff anyway even if he makes it up. In the end stoom will be right 100% of the times
r3-r5 nub r8-r17, r19 tot/lch nub, r20-r22 CT nub, r23 inactive ToF
wielklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 14:23   #41
stoney_elmo
Strunken Doner

stoney_elmo is a jewel in the roughstoney_elmo is a jewel in the roughstoney_elmo is a jewel in the rough

I have a feeling anything can happen in this round, so why don't we all make it just great fun and war for the number one spot ^^

Tides of Fire
Official Mascot

|Deathbringers| - |Destiny| - |DLR| -|InSomnia FTW| - |ROCK| - |EvOlution|
stoney_elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 14:24   #42
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by wielklem
dont realy care where stoom gets his intel just can say he is always right about this stuff anyway even if he makes it up. In the end stoom will be right 100% of the times
zzhou leading ascendancy to top 5? O_o you mean Zzhou crew is back?
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 15:15   #43
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
I heard jer is gonna HC VsN and that zzhou will lead Ascendancy who have top 5 ambitions.
I also heard that Omen is napped with Angels who got a shitload of ex-1uppers, Subh napped with ToF and xVx, eXilition has 30 members including MacTAnzu back and that ND is gayer then ever with Gate and The_Fish.
Oh and elviz joined ToF.
My return got to you quick.....
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 18:22   #44
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

jerome* wants to always talk smart due to the fact that since he started playing, he has always has been younger than most, and in order to cover that void he "pimps" his person through oversofisticated vocabulary.
same goes for many others. this way a pattern is formed, and all posters become alike. AD will become more interesting when the whole rep ideea is banished or better controlled.

related post: http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...&postcount=115

*no i dont know him-outside the forums, so i might be wrong, but this whole thread is about encouraging personal posting right?
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 18:28   #45
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The whole "green blobs means I'm right" thing is a load of rubbish, as I have a gasquillion of the things and I'm rarely right about anything on AD.
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 18:34   #46
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

but a newcommer would put more value on ur words due to the fact that u have many green blobs, rather than on someone elses - actually being right - with red blobs.
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 19:48   #47
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I think the problem with the forums is the same as the problems with the game itslef.

There are certain players, characters, that this game NEEDS.

It might be guys that most people like, such as cypher.
It might be guys that most people dont like, such as xxxxx.
It might be guys who some hate, but others love.
It might be groups of alliances.
Alliances who people love to hate, or love to love.

The game is being squashed and the characters are leaving.

PA needs players who are going to invoke a strong reaction.

No-one likes the section incident. No-one likes the killmarks bots. Or crusies pics (well some might), or the other never ending things that have happened over the course of pa.
But they all invoke a strong reaction, a reaction that pa needs to survive.

Take myself for instance. Now, I personally believe that pa needs someone like me. But pa has just grown boring, so I dont play ingame.
And I have been pretty much thrown off the boards these days.
Take Tomkat, someone whom I used to fight alongside. The guy doesnt even bother reading my posts anymore. Its just a bog standard 'your shit and now nothing so fk off'. Its boring.
So I leave pa. Is pa worse off? I believe it is.

Someone spoke about reputation. Now, i dont like it, and think its a waste of time. But that doesnt change the fact that when I make a post I usually get the same amount of neg reps, as pos ones. For the same post.
Why? Because I invoke a strong reaction. PA needs that.

Using myself as an example because I can speak for myslef, this happens to other people all over pa.
The new characters arent shining through, and the old ones have either got boring, or left.

I dont see how that can change.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 20:09   #48
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
The new characters arent shining through
Incompetence. Ask jer.
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 20:40   #49
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Think ill definitely make a posting comeback this round, if only to give chika and jerome ammunition. Now im in my mid twenties i feel socially responsible to try and act like an adult as well, lets see how it reflects in my coming posts
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 21:37   #50
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Think ill definitely make a posting comeback this round, if only to give chika and jerome ammunition. Now im in my mid twenties i feel socially responsible to try and act like an adult as well, lets see how it reflects in my coming posts
Being in my thirties rhinoa does that mean I have to tut at the kids posting like a non understanding fuddy duddy?

Lo forest
Proud to be Independent