User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 21 Nov 2005, 14:15   #1
Sparcks

Sparcks is an unknown quantity at this point
Scythe - The Aftermath. Scimitar: The Future.

So, after Lurch started a war, then left us high and dry, any sense of organisation / coherence that was once present in Scythe is no longer there. I have decided to take action.

Once my 72 ticks is up, I shall be creating a new alliance for old Scythe members under a new name: Scimitar. I will be inviting frostbeule and Brave (Scythe HC) to join me in commanding this new alliance.

Old Scythe members who were active will be re-instated at their previous membership level, and general recruitment will also be open when the alliance goes live: the only 2 requirements are that you're IRC active, and enjoy playing the game.

Unfortunately there is a netsplit on IRC as I write this, so I'm unable to register a channel - however the public channel will be #scimitar.

I encourage all Scythe members who wish to join Scimitar to get in touch with me ASAP, so that we can arrange a smooth transfer.

Here's to the future,

-SparckZero, Scimitar HC
Sparcks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 14:18   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Scythe - The Aftermath. Scimitar: The Future.

Sorry to hear Lurch actually f*cked up your alliance that badly. I hope Scimitar will be better now that you're rid of an immature HC Good luck o/
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 14:18   #3
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Good luck rebuilding.
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 14:19   #4
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

Seed of Chaos will become famous soon enoughSeed of Chaos will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparcks
Unfortunately there is a netsplit on IRC as I write this, so I'm unable to register a channel - however the public channel will be #scimitar.
-SparckZero, Scimitar HC
lol hope that's not a bad omen Good luck scimitar
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 14:28   #5
vini100

vini100 is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck fellas
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 14:31   #6
tygercub
apathetic

tygercub can only hope to improve

good luck guys :xmas:
tygercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 14:31   #7
Hesekiel
No more, No less.

Hesekiel has a spectacular aura aboutHesekiel has a spectacular aura aboutHesekiel has a spectacular aura about

good luck to you guys, too.

Genesis-2
Hesekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 14:42   #8
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Good luck in the future, Scimitar.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 14:50   #9
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

good luck in rebuilding
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 14:53   #10
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If the command is moving to this new alliance why didnt you just do this restructure internally rather thn starting a new alliance. After all your leaving alot of members defenceless for a period of time and will find that a number of your members simply wont make it over.

Anyway good luck
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 15:07   #11
Sparcks

It's my view that the name Scythe has been tarnished due to this affair. I think I speak for most members when I say that we'd all like a fresh start.

-Sparcks
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 15:22   #12
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
It's my view that the name Scythe has been tarnished due to this affair. I think I speak for most members when I say that we'd all like a fresh start.

-Sparcks
maybe you could have asked the admins to change the name - imo a minor effect on the game if at all and kick all you dont want to be with you anymore \o/

they might have done it

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 15:37   #13
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Scimitar.

If you need any help (non in-game related :P ), give me a shout
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 15:42   #14
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

-Sparcks
You could have requested a name change as jupp suggested, seeing as they let TGV do it last round under more dubious circumstances they would have allowed it
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 15:50   #15
Sparcks

I wasn't aware you could do a namechange like that, perhaps we'll do that instead
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 15:51   #16
PaLiNDRoMe
I like Red

PaLiNDRoMe is infamous around these partsPaLiNDRoMe is infamous around these partsPaLiNDRoMe is infamous around these parts

I think a restart totally is better. This will give them a chance to filter all the members.

It would be nice, although this is not an official G-II stance, to make this new Scimitar a wing of G-II , or maybe just the actives from it go to G-II.

spoils of war. common.

But anyway, good luck to you all, may you learn from the mistakes of your fallen leader.
_______
PaLiNDRoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 15:54   #17
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It's great to see someone from a smaller alliance take the reigns like this and pick the alliance up after such a kick in the teeth.

Best of luck to you!
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 15:55   #18
Sparcks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaLiNDRoMe
I think a restart totally is better. This will give them a chance to filter all the members.
This was my thinking...I'll have to talk to HC about what we'll do, although I'd prefer a total restart to improve organisation etc.

-Sparcks
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 15:57   #19
frostbeule

frostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura about

thank you all for wishing us luck - we gonna need it.
frostbeule is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 16:08   #20
Lilleman
[G-II]

Lilleman is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe you'll do well! Fresh start with new organisation is almost always positive. Now make Scimitar something to be proud of in rounds to come!

I wish you the best of luck!
Lilleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 16:10   #21
Phrazer
Cymru Am Byth

Phrazer has a spectacular aura aboutPhrazer has a spectacular aura about

GL from me and everyone in Orbit

Round 12 - 13 - E1W HC
Round 14 - 18 - Orbit HC
Round 19 - 32 - Orbit Forever. Nothing else comes close!!
Round 39+ - Currently chilling out in S.P.Q.R

<Gruff|afk> omg....this is the best pm i've ever had!!!!!!
<Gruff|afk> you have just got up so many positions in my "Gruff-o-meter scale"
Phrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 17:30   #22
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

Seed of Chaos will become famous soon enoughSeed of Chaos will become famous soon enough

actually a total new start may not be such a bad idea. Having the members leave scythe and then join up to your new alliance would separate out those who are dedicated and are willing to follow you and those who are half arsed and inactive.

Last edited by Seed of Chaos; 21 Nov 2005 at 17:35.
Seed of Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 17:43   #23
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

lurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to behold

good luck to you all

go Scythe 2 !!!
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 18:23   #24
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

good luck guys!

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 18:31   #25
-Pathogen-

-Pathogen- is on a distinguished road

Good Luck n have a gd round
-Pathogen- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 18:38   #26
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Good luck rebuilding.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 18:48   #27
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

GL

Last edited by Ali; 25 Nov 2005 at 17:59.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 19:26   #28
Nightwolf

Nightwolf has a spectacular aura aboutNightwolf has a spectacular aura about

Good luck, you'll need it.
Nightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 21:18   #29
the_chosen_one
G-II Troublemaker

the_chosen_one is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck you guys and you never know, one day you may be challenging G-II again
[17:20] <PigmonkeY> maybe i'm under an assumed name because i'm spying on g-ii!?
[17:20] <Nero> or maybe your not who u claim to be
[17:21] <PigmonkeY> but maybe i am.

Priceless
the_chosen_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 22:39   #30
Orlandian
VisioNary

Orlandian is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurchleaf
good luck to you all

go Scythe 2 !!!

i think he missed the point

good luck guys hope you make a go of it
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 22:42   #31
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
It's great to see someone from a smaller alliance take the reigns like this and pick the alliance up after such a kick in the teeth.

Best of luck to you!
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 00:47   #32
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

GL Scimitar!!! ull do much better without that n00b of an HC
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 02:29   #33
hondaman

hondaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Keg
GL Scimitar!!! ull do much better without that n00b of an HC
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 13:54   #34
PoSSeSSeD

PoSSeSSeD can only hope to improve

The very best of luck guys....
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 20:55   #35
Luci XXIIX

Luci XXIIX can only hope to improve

well, worse than scythe is almost impossible, even with the same members...
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 22:24   #36
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luci XXIIX
**** off and stop being shit. Idiots like you are not wanted in this community.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 22:27   #37
Orlandian
VisioNary

Orlandian is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

not called for .... try being positive for once
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 23:20   #38
Haarken
Faithful Pony

Haarken is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck Scimitar may you have better luck than Scythe
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 23:41   #39
Luci XXIIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
**** off and stop being shit. Idiots like you are not wanted in this community.
well, am just pointing to the fact was has happened, no offence to all the players, I only think there is somebody who did it all wrong... I also hope Scimitar will do their best and I wish them all the luck of the universe...
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 00:03   #40
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

an admin would indeed be happy to change an alliance name - it would have to be me or Kloopy though. I;d recommend it myself to avoid loosing defence bonus for 72 ticks

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 00:08   #41
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
well, am just pointing to the fact was has happened, no offence to all the players, I only think there is somebody who did it all wrong... I also hope Scimitar will do their best and I wish them all the luck of the universe...
If you think Scythe is the worst alliance ever, look at Sandmans and look at all the alliances below Scythe, some are below it due to numbers, but there are some (eg. Regul8ers) who have similar numbers, ergo your first statement was incorrect.
Also, flaming the alliance is still being shit. They attempted to play to the best of their ability. The only thing that went wrong was Lurch's childish attitude.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 02:48   #42
Luci XXIIX

well, that is why I'm not flaming the complete alliance... I know what has happend and I fully understand all desisions made, true, there are more of those alliances but they might not be as bad as scythe as you don't hear them complaining... Once again, I am not flaming the alliance!!!
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 11:44   #43
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

lurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to behold

pretty good then. at least your all sure that im the worst thing that ever happened to scythe. well seeing as i set up scythe with yust me and a friend in it for a laugh... i think i did pretty well.
how can i be the worst thing that happened to it anyways. if they really didnt like me then they would have left!! when i left scythe, several other members did also, saying that the reason for their leaving was (and i quote) "i miss lurchie". so to be fair, i cant have of been that bad. why dont you ask someone who was there for a while... sparcks the head of this new scimitar alliance... he wasnt in scythe for that long. 2 weeks at most. but people. before you all slag me down to the ground. know your facts. please
i have a friend in tgv. we go up to the pub a lot to play pool and the like, and several times we have been there, i have said that i wanted to close down scythe. yes i did start a war and leave. but when i did leave i then surrendered.
i left scythe instead of closing it down as i knew that there would be 84 pa players running around like headless chickens trying to def themselves. the new players who had just joined and were of little score at all still didnt know the game. what would they do?
this is why i left instead of closing scythe. i dont want to screw up everyone else's games aswell, just because ive screwed up mine.

im really not the worst person.
you say i am the biggest noob. i admit i am a noob. only played 4.5 rounds. so if that counts as a newbie. then what can i say?
if scythe crumbles without me, then i couldnt of been a bad HC... that means that i was the pillar for scythe. holding it strong.

Lurch
aka - Noob
Ex Scythe HC
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 11:54   #44
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurchleaf
i left scythe instead of closing it down as i knew that there would be 84 pa players running around like headless chickens trying to def themselves. the new players who had just joined and were of little score at all still didnt know the game. what would they do?
this is why i left instead of closing scythe. i dont want to screw up everyone else's games aswell, just because ive screwed up mine.
By leaving you also let everyone else behind in a mess, so indeed you did screw the others by leaving.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 11:57   #45
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

they were in a mess when they joined. most of them were easy to sort out. whether they listen and learn. of do neither. thats their call.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 17:38   #46
intrance

intrance is an unknown quantity at this point

to be honest i think you all exaggerate Lurch as being a noob and general all around ass.....

Yes what he did was pretty lame and messed up..... but he isnt the worst thing that ever happend to Scythe...

G-II was ...

- The Pack -
<----exit
intrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 21:54   #47
the_chosen_one
G-II Troublemaker

the_chosen_one is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrance
to be honest i think you all exaggerate Lurch as being a noob and general all around ass.....

Yes what he did was pretty lame and messed up..... but he isnt the worst thing that ever happend to Scythe...

G-II was ...

haha
[17:20] <PigmonkeY> maybe i'm under an assumed name because i'm spying on g-ii!?
[17:20] <Nero> or maybe your not who u claim to be
[17:21] <PigmonkeY> but maybe i am.

Priceless
the_chosen_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:01   #48
[G-II]PigmonkeY
McRib(TM)

[G-II]PigmonkeY is an unknown quantity at this point

Lurch was certianly not the worst thing to ever happen to Scythe. Lurch STARTING Scythe was. G-II was simply the solution to the problem

Good Luck Scimitar!
[G-II]PigmonkeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 00:12   #49
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

Good luck to Scimitar.

Good that you got rid of the dead weight ^^.