User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

View Poll Results: How many races should there be?
4 9 20.45%
5 8 18.18%
6 24 54.55%
Other 3 6.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 22 Oct 2016, 02:45   #51
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough
Re: How many races should their be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
6th race: one pod in every class, one "cargo ship" in every class. High armor, high emp res for the flak ships. Pods should be weak and expensive.

Peaceful stealing, faking possible somewhat. Give them an inherent bonus to mining output and/or significant ship production cost. Immune to ship stealing covops.

Stupid/funny/funky "support" planets.

I'm about 50% serious here.
Jesus, I'm a zik fan, and zik been nerfed badly since like 23, but yeah hell yeah

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2016, 12:11   #52
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

1. Terran : High Init (fires later), high firepower, high armor
2. Cathaar: EMP Only, fires first always
3. Xandathrii: Cloaked and cheap high in numbers
4. Zik: Steal ships mainly, some die during steal, some heavvier Carrierships, steal smaller ships and survive
5. Eitraides: Trading race. Has cargo ships to steal enemy resources. Has detonator ships that use own planets eonium ressource to throw gas-bolts to blow up enemy ships, medium init. Has ships that swap with enemy ships. Means target planet gets my ships i get his, this goes with defending and attacking.
6. Psiony: Mind controls enemy ships to fire at their own friendly ships, low init like 2. Expensive ships. Doesn't steal ships after battle.
7. Baal'tazar: Suicidal race. Even higher numbers than xan, all ships init 3. Selfdestructs on successful attack to destroy enemy ships (wont selfdestruct if no enemy ship or frozen). Can lay mines around their own planet, that selfdestruct on successfull enemies landing. (replacing of structure defence though)
8. Illuminos: Prisma weapon class: Classes have synergy effects FI increase CO DMG and vice versa, Fr increases DE and CR increases BS DMG and vice versa
9. Zal'thos: Missile only ships that target ALL ship classes equaly. Fire right after EMP (init 2 around) fires at all enemy classes at once, but slightly lower DMG
10. Cyrus: Doesn't destroy enemy ships during battle. Very high armor. Late init. uploads a virus to enemy ships that slowly dissolves Enemy ships per tick (full destruction after 15-20 ticks). Ships need to be repaired 33% of original ressource cost. to not get destroyed.
11. Vem'drem: Morphing ships race. Can morph ship classes between each other. cost: 10% of original value. can morph any Class into any other Class in 10 ticks (faster with population of prod.) Medium init/armor/firepower though.

I know lots of interesting ideas, but a huge amount of time needed to code and balance, so probably won't make it into the game :/
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2016, 08:41   #53
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't understand the mechanic of #8. #9 is both OP and boring. The rest are interesting!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2016, 13:30   #54
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Thinking the mechanics of #8 are:
FI only attack = Weaker then normal FI only attack
CO only attack = Weaker then normal CO only attack
FI/CO attack = Stronger then normal Fi only attack and Stronger then normal CO only attack
Unread 15 Nov 2016, 16:00   #55
Zeke

Yep berten got it. The pro is you make more dmg, then con is, it is easier to def, because you can concentrate on deffing vs FI or vs Co class. But probably easy to be op with other races.
Unread 18 Nov 2016, 08:13   #56
Nguyentra110

Nguyentra110 is an unknown quantity at this point

What happened to 1 2 and 3? Why gather them under 'Other' when they are as valid as the ones given their own slot?
Nguyentra110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2016, 15:01   #57
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
I know lots of interesting ideas, but a huge amount of time needed to code and balance, so probably won't make it into the game :/
Prior answering this quote - First of all ty for these ideas, I think some could be implemented.
The coding part is the easiest of all - it's a 10min code - just needs to being coded by a top chap.
On the other side - PA is lead by criminals atm so keep these ideas in mind till the right owner of Planetarion () will move this game forward.
We got some top alpha codes for pa - I think we could add some of Zekes ideas to the new code.

Best of luck to the remaining gamers - I'm one of these aswell

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2016, 17:17   #58
Zeke

Yeah I assume coding it once is not time consuming, but until it is balanced it will need playertesting and adjusting multiple times and also discussing. So that will be time consuming I think!