User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 19 Jun 2006, 13:05   #1
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of
New initiative - help needed.

Hey, This thread might be inapropriate to the Alliance discussions, but since i wanted it to be addressed to the Alliances and not the community as a whole, ill stick it up for now.

I will let the mods to decide if this belongs to here or not.

Anyway, A few weeks ago, Some PA players or administrators has registered a channel on Quakenet, Then i wandered into this channel where there was only this guy, L and myself.

And i pondered why Planetarion never had a channel on major networks? that would be a very nice way to advertise and bring fresh players to this game/community.
The idea would be to bring HC/officers/Admins/Players and whoever is part of this game to #planetarion on Quakenet, and when new players would join, then we have the whole set of people to support them, show them who is the community.

That would also allow the HC and officers to recruits the new players into their alliances and teach them the game.
That would also allow the Support guys and administrators to give official support to players if needed.

We need to think out of the box (the box being our own networks) and start recruiting the world, and not sitting there and whining about the decrease of our player base.

What i would like is as much as players from Netgamers who wander around Qnet to join us on #planetarion (on Quakenet) and talk there, attract new players by advertising it among your friends and your clans on Qnet (DO NOT SPAM IT PLEASE).

This isnt meant to be a subtitute to Netgamers but just some way of advertising, that might actually help more than simple banners.

Banners dont talk, and what is better marketing for this game if not the playersbase itself?

Join us, help us.

Thanks.
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 13:35   #2
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of
Re: New initiative - help needed.

Please spread it among your private forums, channel topics, on Qnet on Netgamers, on any network you know, speak to your friends. Make it spread like a virus

Thanks.

Oh, and btw suggestion are always welcomed.
Some people said this wont last, lets prove them wrong.

Thanks
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 13:39   #3
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

it will not last, proof me wrong
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 13:46   #4
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

good idea

(sent to PD with a link back here)
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 13:51   #5
alch
Retired

thanks lokken for the support
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 14:30   #6
DaffyDuck

DaffyDuck is just really niceDaffyDuck is just really niceDaffyDuck is just really niceDaffyDuck is just really niceDaffyDuck is just really nice

good luck with it, alch, i will sit in for a bit
DaffyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 15:33   #7
cisco
B0B's m8

cisco will become famous soon enoughcisco will become famous soon enough

Great idea matey, i just hate having more than 1 server window open :/ have too many channels open at once already :/

but we do asa community need to attract more support to the dying game that we all live and breathe for :s
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 15:36   #8
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

#planetarion up and running on irc.gamesurge.net
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 15:38   #9
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

I'm supporting that aswell.

There are shitloads of CS player with plenty of time to play PA.
We seriously need more players and alliances anyway. The fun drops round by round by the lack of players and serious alliances. The only problem are the costs for PA prolly as all CS Clan player have to pay for their clan-server aswell..

But seriously nice initiative alch

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 16:05   #10
DaffyDuck

DaffyDuck is just really niceDaffyDuck is just really niceDaffyDuck is just really niceDaffyDuck is just really niceDaffyDuck is just really nice

ok i am in the gamesurge one now aswell, any others rofl, dont think my single irc client can handle to many more simultaniously.
DaffyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 16:58   #11
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

I'm regularly at quakenet, so I'll just idle in the #planetarion chan also
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 09:26   #12
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

maybe it would help giving ppl the server adress: irc.quakenet.org
it took me 3-4 tries before i got it right, since i had never used this server before.
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 09:34   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Before the planetarion irc network I'm pretty sure the main irc channel actually was #planetarion on quakenet.
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 09:39   #14
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

i only started using IRC with PA r3. and by then planetarion had its own network.
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 11:10   #15
alch
Retired

My apologies

Address is irc.quakenet.org #planetarion
You could also put this into your browser irc://irc.quakenet.org/planetarion
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 13:22   #16
alch
Retired

Next move will be to advertise about the channel and about the game on your gaming community site. I know FAnG gaming community has hundreds of players, and most of the visitors and players are Qnet based, hopefully this will bring some of their attentions.

I Expect you to do this aswell.

http://www.fa-gaming.com/
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 17:12   #17
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Planetarion always had a large presence on Quakenet and EFNet (?) in the early days, I don't think PANET (Netgamers) emerged until Round 2/3 ? Most of the early player base came from the existing gaming communities and for many of the European players Quakenet was home, at one point #planetarion was the most popular channel on the network (Along with #planet). From what I remember both channels remained popular even after Planetarion got it’s own IRC network but they eventually dwindled after the game became Pay to Play in Round 5 and everyone quit.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 07:08   #18
rain

rain can only hope to improve

i've seen the channel #planetarion on undernet server
only appoco and some bot in it
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 05:30   #19
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain
i've seen the channel #planetarion on undernet server
only appoco and some bot in it
Well, give us the server address please.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2006, 02:31   #20
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

I idle alone on the #planetarion on irc.freenode.net. I had that idea sometime ago whe we were discussing advertisin PA.
This network is used mainly and mostly by coders, they have tons of channels codin-subject there. The network have many users, with channels who reach easily 500+ more
I noticed PA is quite popular among coders and people related, so i guessed would be interesting to find a way to advertize the game to that users, but not being myself a coder i cant find a way to intergrate properly to the community

If anyones is regular user there and want to help idle/advertize ( mentioning the game on informal chats, etc ) feel free to join in

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2006, 15:41   #21
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

Great idea, ill idle in a few aswell
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 11:42   #22
Judder
ROCKer

Judder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to all

Excellent idea alch. The only way this won't work is if people don't give it a chance and join in. The more people that work together, stick with it and go to different servers, the more successful we'll be.
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 13:44   #23
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

well

20 people on Quakenet wont wake anyone to come around and find out what game we are talking about! I feel like we should seriously bug the PA Team to think about some REAL ideas to get fresh blood to the community!Less Alliances and less Players is less fun, and the amount of players will drop round by round.

Is there anything we can do about the prize? There are just too many FREE clones out there to get ppl to play PA...for them its just a waste of money! Aslong as the oldschool PA ppl retire and come back after 1-2 rnds break it might work still...but there will be a time...

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 14:10   #24
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

one free round a year??? more rounds in a year,...
break in between is too long i feel.
things like the WC, could run alongisde the normal round.

easy for me to say, i imagine the reality is harder to acomplish