User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 15 Mar 2006, 09:53   #1
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Whats the political status? :D

I've not been paying much attention this round, so im a bit curious as to how the politics have been this round. See theres some XP whores at the top other than that I see Angels further down the list than what was expected, assuming it was 1up who took them down? Whats ND Subh TGV etc doing?

Also F-Crew seems to be recruiting their way up there

And looking at all the alliances that played for/with eXelition last round made me chuckle...alliances like LCH xVx and HR being far down the list, and some with very low averages...are they having a relaxed round or is it the fact that they aint got "big brother" to help them our? Maybe this is how good they are, playing solo

Someone update me on the politics please \o/

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 10:08   #2
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Whats the political status? :D

Ascendancy has had no politics this round at all (aside from some members with planet NAPs). 1up has had no NAPs to speak of this round (except for planet NAPs of course). Angels weren't really taken down by 1up so much as falling behind due to having high value and the other mid-range alliances being able to recruit past 55. ND had a big war with 1up, with some support on ND's side (Angels hit 1up for a while, among others.)

The EX-friendly alliances were never that strong. Subh sucks (and yet at least tried to dethrone 1up ), and got ****ed by 1up (plus lost members due to mismanagement). LCH had a week or two where they were not 'tag-worthy' (to adopt a new AD moniker), but their command appears to have gotten things a bit more together. HR would be higher if it weren't for the recruit limit and them not recruiting past 55.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 10:22   #3
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
And looking at all the alliances that played for/with eXelition last round made me chuckle...alliances like LCH xVx and HR being far down the list, and some with very low averages...are they having a relaxed round or is it the fact that they aint got "big brother" to help them our? Maybe this is how good they are, playing solo
I didn't even talk to xVx last round so god knows where you got that from.

How on earth did LCH or HR depend on eXilition? Any form of contact with either only came about at the very end of the round when they'd already played it out. LCH has had a bad round because most of the HC/Officers that could find time for the round have been overworked, as many have been away. HR as explained is only "relatively low" because of the memberlimit.

SubH is doing fine (consider the more equal member limits we've had every other round perhaps). They had a shot at 1up while other alliances weren't really prepared to back them up and since have struggled a bit to re-make their presence. But what the hell's wrong with that? They've only been around for three rounds.

What a shit post.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 10:28   #4
Fridge
Angel

Fridge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
ther than that I see Angels further down the list than what was expected, assuming it was 1up who took them down?

-Jonas-
If you wouldve chacked the Universe Stats you would have noticed that Angels are #1 in Roid and probably top 3 by Value. 1up didnt bring us down at all, we are doing fine, just that we dont want to play XP whores thus were not getting the XP to end up top 3 like any other Round.

If this was last round we would have a chance to win the round, but since xpwh0ring is the way to go ...

Former:
Furious Angels | FAnG | ChâoZ Daddy | Angels till i die

Furious Angels Gaming community
Fridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 10:30   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm quite disappointed with Ely - I thought they'd be bigger contenders this round
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 10:30   #6
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridge
If this was last round we would have a chance to win the round, but since xpwh0ring is the way to go ...
XPwh0ring was the way to go last round aswell, just that no one really didn't do it
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 10:57   #7
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc

How on earth did LCH or HR depend on eXilition? Any form of contact with either only came about at the very end of the round when they'd already played it out. LCH has had a bad round because most of the HC/Officers that could find time for the round have been overworked, as many have been away. HR as explained is only "relatively low" because of the memberlimit.

SubH is doing fine (consider the more equal member limits we've had every other round perhaps). They had a shot at 1up while other alliances weren't really prepared to back them up and since have struggled a bit to re-make their presence. But what the hell's wrong with that? They've only been around for three rounds.

What a shit post.
So the post is shit because you dont agree to it?

What a shit reply

Retired
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 11:00   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
So the post is shit because you dont agree to it?

What a shit reply
I think he meant your post was shit because it was full of inaccurate information and logical fallacies. It's more like reality doesn't agree with it.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 11:17   #9
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

hence he asked to be let in the loop, he is observing as a outsider, thus what other assumptions others may make
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 11:20   #10
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc

What a shit post.

In case you're referring that Jonas' post is shit, I assume it's in the part where he says about "some alliances that worked with ex".

I see nothing wrong with that statement nor it's a blatant slander or lie. Unless you're conflicting Kaifux' end of round thank yous to alliances they 'get in contact with' (in short, worked with) - which is just exactly what Jonas said, without exaggeration. Either you missed that as a member or you forgot who your HC is at friends with. The criticism on those alliances' performance for this round is a separate matter though.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 11:20   #11
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I think he meant your post was shit because it was full of inaccurate information and logical fallacies. It's more like reality doesn't agree with it.
I dont think it was, hence why I wrote it. eXilition can go on forever about who were and were not their allies, HR and LCH definatley were at some point, and im most certain xVx took targets for eXilition aswell...

However that wasnt the point, was pointing out that most of the eXi allies are doing crap now(there are more than the ones I mentioned) which in a way is just saying eXilition made em good.

moooo

Retired
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 11:41   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I dont think it was, hence why I wrote it. eXilition can go on forever about who were and were not their allies, HR and LCH definatley were at some point, and im most certain xVx took targets for eXilition aswell...

However that wasnt the point, was pointing out that most of the eXi allies are doing crap now(there are more than the ones I mentioned) which in a way is just saying eXilition made em good.

moooo
The three alliances I associated with exilition after r15 are subh, lch and vgn. Of these three alliances, one is in the same spot it finished in last round, one is two places higher and one is six places lower. Of the other two you mention HR is four places lower and xVx is at least two places higher. Bar LCH it's all pretty similar to last round.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 11:49   #13
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Also F-Crew seems to be recruiting their way up there
Thats a little bit simplistic tbh. We have more members but we have recruited no more than 5 members that was within 75% if our average and infact our recruits are normally under 200k so it takes a good number of them just to get the score gains of the average recruit of everyone else. This balances off the benifit of more members imho.

Certainly if we were being a bit stricter with who we recruited and we didnt have our bottom 18 members we would still be competing with the group of alliances fighting for 4th (And probally doing better because while more members means more potential defence and attack fleets it also means more incoming as well as being harder to organise which can be a real hinderance)

As for HR I really think their problem is they still see themselves as an elite alliance even though they havent been for a good few rounds. This is shown by the fact they still have a high recruitment requirement and that they havent gone over 55 members. I think they need to take a leaf out of Rocks book whom after a few rounds of being a little elitist for their ranking which saw them slipping further down the rankings they have opened their recruitment up a bit and are starting to move towards the rankings you would expect them to be in
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 12:00   #14
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

To add a bit of info:

There's been two wars, 1up vs ND and TGV vs VGN. Neither war was particularly profitable for any of the parties involved, and both came to an end not by capitulation but through mutual agreement. Jonas, I'm sure you'll remember how much alliances like to get involved in others' wars (LCH v Insomnia) - it's basically free roids.

What we're seeing now is alliances pushing other alliances further and further to see when they'll get a response. 20 fleets one night, 30 the next, and up in increments until the opposing HCs talk on IRC to settle things, or retals start occurring (and escalating the conflict).
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 12:01   #15
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
In case you're referring that Jonas' post is shit, I assume it's in the part where he says about "some alliances that worked with ex".

I see nothing wrong with that statement nor it's a blatant slander or lie. Unless you're conflicting Kaifux' end of round thank yous to alliances they 'get in contact with' (in short, worked with) - which is just exactly what Jonas said, without exaggeration. Either you missed that as a member or you forgot who your HC is at friends with. The criticism on those alliances' performance for this round is a separate matter though.
Kaifux put me in charge of political relations. Any such relations were mine, hence what I said.

"stop posting 'sif you're Kaifux's son.. kaifux is the only HC of eX, he didnt promote any for there's noone worthy and to pave respect to his co HCs in Ex r13.... stop acting 'sif youre somewhat in-charge in eX. you're more identified as pack/1up"

I didn't do anything much in Wolfpack/1up except be a member and observe the way they were ran. With all due respect to BaSSe, Mac and Ricka, of which BaSSe helped out last round too, the team last round did no less than they did. Half of which was made up as the round went on from new members. Your comment sucks I think Zhil would be horrified you've just associated me with his alliance \o/

The only alliance that could've been affected last round by eXilition was SubH. None of the others had relations long-running and meaningful enough to bring about any sense of dependency.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 12:32   #16
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

moooo

So because we did our own thing and hit the alliances that hit us it makes us allied to exil ?
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 13:54   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
So because we did our own thing and hit the alliances that hit us it makes us allied to exil ?
Didn't kaifux thank you for your alliance/nap (I don't know what it was) in the r15 winning ceremony? Are you denying you were allied in any sense or are you just being very pedantic and confrontational?
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 13:59   #18
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
We were napped until you stabbed us in the back.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 14:03   #19
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Didn't kaifux thank you for your alliance/nap (I don't know what it was) in the r15 winning ceremony? Are you denying you were allied in any sense or are you just being very pedantic and confrontational?
If he thanked us or not I don't know.
Like i said before we did our own thing.
#multihunters
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 14:04   #20
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
We were napped until you stabbed us in the back.
Wrong we responded to all the incomming.
#multihunters
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 14:56   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
If he thanked us or not I don't know.
Like i said before we did our own thing.
So you had no political relations of any kind with exilition at any point during the round?
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 15:31   #22
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and im most certain xVx took targets for eXilition aswell...
I am sorry to ruin ur thought, but being quite involved in xVx last round, i know for certain that we never took targets for or from eXilition, we played our own game (apart from having a nap with ToF). I obviously can't guarantee we didn't hit targets that eXi hit, but thats what can happen with random targetting.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 16:05   #23
Spetzer
Just a *****

Spetzer is infamous around these partsSpetzer is infamous around these parts

Well at my opinnion this round wont even have big wars/politics.

Xp whoring seems to be the way so who needs affairs and wars when you can xp whore.

Was bretty annoying to c that value is that shit this round as i play for value with cathaar :crymeariver:
Spetzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 16:12   #24
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spetzer
Was bretty annoying to c that value is that shit this round as i play for value with cathaar :crymeariver:
XP was still as good this round as any other round.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 16:16   #25
Spetzer
Just a *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
XP was still as good this round as any other round.
ya maybe. but as the ship stats are more offencive. Are the chances
50/50 either you go Value/XP?
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 16:22   #26
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
ya maybe. but as the ship stats are more offencive. Are the chances
50/50 either you go Value/XP?
Ship stats are very good for terrans yes. But you can xpwh0re with other races too if you do it right. Just like other rounds
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 16:23   #27
Spetzer
Just a *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Ship stats are very good for terrans yes. But you can xpwh0re with other races too if you do it right. Just like other rounds
that wasnt my point.
you should be able to choose from xp or value. rather than "if you wanna win you gotta play for xp"
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 16:25   #28
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Well at my opinnion this round wont even have big wars/politics.
There have already been big wars.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 16:26   #29
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
There have already been big wars.
Indeed, but none of helped any of the alliances involved :S

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 16:29   #30
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
that wasnt my point.
you should be able to choose from xp or value. rather than "if you wanna win you gotta play for xp"
People have been trying to work out how a modification/scrapping of the Value/XP formula can better reward alliances/individuals. The stats haven't sent the round along this path, the XP formula did.

Edit: When I say this round, I really mean PAX.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 16:30   #31
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
that wasnt my point.
Last round a value player won
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 20:06   #32
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Stop being funny.

LCH hit us the night eXi hit us. And broke the nap without any warning at all.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 20:27   #33
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
If you wouldve chacked the Universe Stats you would have noticed that Angels are #1 in Roid and probably top 3 by Value. 1up didnt bring us down at all, we are doing fine, just that we dont want to play XP whores thus were not getting the XP to end up top 3 like any other Round.

#1 1th in Roids - agreed
#2 Top 3 Value - prolly (agreed)
#3 we're doing fine - no we dont..its the worst Angels Round I've ever seen!

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 04:06   #34
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I guess you guys in Angels can pretend you did really well by finnishing 16th in a game with about 15 players left, although I'm sure most other people will conclude that you failed to adapt to changing round mechanics and got outplayed. You may as well have done all your battlecalcs using the Round 14 ship stats if you wanted to do that.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 09:16   #35
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Quote:
The three alliances I associated with exilition after r15 are subh, lch and vgn. Of these three alliances, one is in the same spot it finished in last round, one is two places higher and one is six places lower. Of the other two you mention HR is four places lower and xVx is at least two places higher. Bar LCH it's all pretty similar to last round.
None of them are doing good compared to last round. LCH had a very good end last round... HR was definatley not doing great last round, but the average they have now is way lower than what I would expect.

xVx is only decent, as they have always been.

thats the alliances I associate with eXi anyway, and thoose I was talking about.

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 10:21   #36
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone
#1 1th in Roids - agreed
#2 Top 3 Value - prolly (agreed)
#3 we're doing fine - no we dont..its the worst Angels Round I've ever seen!
A slight correction is in place here. When Fridge says we're doing "fine", he probably means that value and roidswise, we can't really complain.
Adapting to the round stats, activity and general dedication ... on that area this is probably our worst round. agreed.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 10:22   #37
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
I guess you guys in Angels can pretend you did really well by finnishing 16th in a game with about 15 players left, although I'm sure most other people will conclude that you failed to adapt to changing round mechanics and got outplayed. You may as well have done all your battlecalcs using the Round 14 ship stats if you wanted to do that.
Nobody in Angels is pretending to have a good round. Even if you read Fridge's post carefully, you'd realise this. I'm confident that even you will come to this conclusion.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 10:25   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
thats the alliances I associate with eXi anyway, and thoose I was talking about.
Huzzah for random selection!
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 12:11   #39
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

There is no political status. The round is over. we are just waiting for havoc atm.
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 12:12   #40
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Hey good follow up to your rebuilding round Ace. Very good job.
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 13:09   #41
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
There is no political status. The round is over. we are just waiting for havoc atm.
not true. People are trying to roid their way into higher ranks before the round ends.
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 13:49   #42
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
not true. People are trying to roid their way into higher ranks before the round ends.
Do you mean individual people or alliances are trying to roid their way into higher ranks? Because if it's merely individual people, which is what it sounds like you're saying, then that doesn't contradict chika's post that politically the round is over.
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 13:50   #43
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Hey good follow up to your rebuilding round Ace. Very good job.

here he goes again.

You still don't get it do you ?
But i'll say it again, I don't give a flying F what YOU think about us.
#multihunters
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 13:51   #44
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
Stop being funny.

LCH hit us the night eXi hit us. And broke the nap without any warning at all.
I'm not being funny but seing as it is all old news I will not go and dig up all the bot logs for you to proof you are wrong
#multihunters
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 16:43   #45
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
I'm not being funny but seing as it is all old news I will not go and dig up all the bot logs for you to proof you are wrong
errr....I remember this quite well since I had an LCH HC in my gal. And I didn't want ND and LCH fighting since we had our hands full.

You hit us first before eXi did, this was while we were fighting Angels, saying it was because we hit you, so we hit you back back. After hitting eachother a few nights (or was it just one), we had a nap so the hostilities ended. Then you guys broke it without warning, and when I remember Grog telling me you guys had told him later it was because you wanted a more even war. You thought it was wrong that people ganged up on eXi like that. Personally, I think that's not the whole reason but I won't go into that.

But yes, you broke the nap, and you hit us.
Buly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 17:05   #46
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly
errr....I remember this quite well since I had an LCH HC in my gal. And I didn't want ND and LCH fighting since we had our hands full.

You hit us first before eXi did, this was while we were fighting Angels, saying it was because we hit you, so we hit you back back. After hitting eachother a few nights (or was it just one), we had a nap so the hostilities ended. Then you guys broke it without warning, and when I remember Grog telling me you guys had told him later it was because you wanted a more even war. You thought it was wrong that people ganged up on eXi like that. Personally, I think that's not the whole reason but I won't go into that.

But yes, you broke the nap, and you hit us.
I think I know better what we decide then you don't you ?
#multihunters
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 18:28   #47
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold

I somehow think it is a little unlikely that while ND were attempting to focus every fleet on exi you got enough incs from us to warrant breaking the NAP. Of course I wasn't HC last round but I was a BC and DC so I have a fair idea what was going on.

We were napped with you when we first starting being hit by/hitting exi. Between that time and when it was obvious we weren't going to finish #1 we never had a single day where we didn't target exi. Obviously I can't guarantee that every ND fleet was going where we wanted but I find it very hard to believe that random incs from rogue ND fleets would have been enough to justify you hitting us.
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 18:34   #48
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Most of the fleet value seemed to go towards fleet catches in the morning (which pretty much all got covered). The military effort at night was pretty limited. (So yeah) I think a lot of fleets went somewhat astray.
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 18:37   #49
The_Fish
ND

Actually, a lot of people got roided and quit (so didnt attack at all).

Nice of them to be so gutless whilst the command/officers had worked damn hard to get them into a good position with a chance of winning.
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 17:49   #50
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
A major factor in this is that most large angels planets are planet-napped to the bigger alliances. Hardly something to be proud of.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote