User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 10 Jan 2007, 19:00   #1
Storm3r
Furious Angel

Storm3r is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Assembly/Microsoft language - need some help

Hello. i need some enlightment, i hope there someone there to give to me.
So here's the problem.
The code from pastey.net/4844 is from a "dll" dinamicly loaded by an executabil. the purpose is dll hooking of dlls staticly loaded at the exe.
Question is: what am i doing wrong in the first "while" curl, cause it takes the first element from IMAGE_IMPORT_DESCRIPTOR, then goes how high?
I've checked why ollydbg, but i ain't an expert on JIT debugging
Please help.
Thanks
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 21:03   #2
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Assembly/Microsoft language - need some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm3r
The code from pastey.net/4844 is from a "dll" dinamicly loaded by an executabil. the purpose is dll hooking of dlls staticly loaded at the exe.
I don't quite understand what you're trying to do. EXEs dynamically call libraries at load time, that's why they're called dynamic. If you wanted to load a library statically into a EXE you wouldn't use a DLL; you'd use a static library.

However, I only have experience with static and dynamic libraries in Linux. And I know no assembly. But, nevertheless, I suggest you phrase your question better to gain help from those who do.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2007, 19:22   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Assembly/Microsoft language - need some help

So, if I understand correctly you are writing some assembly code that hooks into DLL entry points?
I can't read assembly, nor do I know the inner workings of DLLs (being a spoiled C# DLL import brat nowadays), but if you can I'd suggest a higher level solution.
If you really must do this in a low level language perhaps you can "borrow" some code from open source projects like WINE or any project that tries to hook into Windows DLLs from a non-Windows platform.