User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 Apr 2005, 13:20   #1
PureviL
robdash!

PureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to behold
roommates, help! [long]

I read these forums a lot but don't post much..but i could really use some helping getting a fresh look at my situation. Apologies for any bad english in advance

This is me, 20 years old and a student in Amsterdam. I moved out of my parents house 8 months ago to live in an appartment on the outside of Amsterdam with 3 friends.

One is one of my best friends, 21 years old and the best person in the world to party with. Most of the good stuff i've done in the last 5 years have been with him and he makes my student-party life a lot better. On the other side we have a lot of arguments since we moved in together because we are both very hardheaded and he is unable to compromise about anything. He is also not the kind of friend who you talk to about any kind of feelings or problems you have.

The second one is his 19 year old girlfriend. I get along with her o.k. nothing special but we never have problems either. Also unable to compromise.

The third one (19) is a good friend of the other guy I live with, and has also become a very good friend of me over the last years. He is almost never in our house though, and spends most of his time at his parents. Has troubles living on his own. But he is a guy i can talk to about serious things in live.

RIght now we have an oppurtunity to move to a house boat in the center of Amsterdam. This is something every student in Amsterdam dreams of and i'd love to go there. Its a big spacy boat, in very good state but also a bit expensive. Now this is the begin of a few big problems. The 3rd roommate does not want to move again (probably just an excuse to go live with his parents again) and will not go with us so we need a replacement.

My best friend or the girls best friend are our two options. Now i don't particulary like her friend and she doesn't really like mine so we made a list of pro's and con's.

I prefer my guy because they already have eichother, and i don't really want to live with a couple, and HER best friend who i don't really like or know much. Because our new neighboors would be two male high school friends of her and her brother lives 100m away so she shouldn't whine. And i need someone to be able to talk to a bit now and then, wich i have been compensating for with my girlfriend for the last 8 months (wich could be over someday and leave me stuck).

She wants her friend because she does not want to be stuck between 5 guys on her own and needs a female for well, whatever they need eichother for.

Now my mate is a tit and will always side with his girlfriend because she is his girlfriend so convincing any of them is not an option. Because i do see her side of the story I have offered to randomly pick one of them so atleast no-one starts with a grudge towards the new person and to ensure the friendship between the three of us won't get in any danger. She quickly stated that the only acceptable way is her way.

Now on top of this they also expect me to pay more rent than them, because they share a room (even though this room is much bigger than my room, but not 2x). Wich means i would see a rise in rent from my current situation, and they would remain at the current rent. Wich I am willing to do to a certain leven, but they want more than I want to spend on my rent.

Well GD, should I stand my ground or give in? I really do want to live there but i don't know how far I should let them use their 2 against one against me.
It is ridiculous to claim that video games influence children. For instance, if PacMan affected kids born in the 80s, we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms eating pills while listening to monotonous electronic music.
PureviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 13:33   #2
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: roommates, help! [long]

Flip a coin and decide.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 13:35   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Accept to pay more rent?! What kind of Dutch person are you?!
And why can't you live with 5 people on that boat? Surely you can stow someone away on a couch or a sofa-bed or something.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 13:38   #4
PureviL
robdash!

PureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to behold

The owner of the boat doesn't want more than 4 people on it, and she refuses to flip a coin.
It is ridiculous to claim that video games influence children. For instance, if PacMan affected kids born in the 80s, we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms eating pills while listening to monotonous electronic music.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 13:41   #5
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Cheeky fkers, wanting you to pay more rent - insist on your guy to move in or you refuse to pay more (which you should do regardless).
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:08   #6
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Negotiate her friend for a reduced (from what they want you to pay) rent?
*shrug*
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:16   #7
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

find three other friends to share with you and ditch the couple
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:49   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You should solve this puzzle over a nice game of Cluedo.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:53   #9
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Madi wins.
Failing that, tell them they can have one but not the other. Fk 'em, if they want to live there then they can damn well contribute the extra rent too.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:54   #10
PureviL
robdash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
You should solve this puzzle over a nice game of Cluedo.
who ****s who over in wich room?
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 21:37   #11
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

i vote for Madi's suggestion too... barring that, give up on the girl thingie, but refuse to pay more rent.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 22:30   #12
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

if you find a house and you need another roomie a friend of mine needs a place to live after the first of june but knowing the financial situation of her parents she won't mind paying a few months double rent
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 23:18   #13
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Take the room on the houseboat, dress in a pirate outfit and say 'yaaaaaaaaaarrrrr! a lot until your friend laughs a lot, then kill the swarthy landlubber (avast ye!) with your trust scimitar (yaarrr!) and drug the girl with a bottle of rum (ahaaaaaaar!) and plenty of rohypnol, then lay her back bare with a cat o' nine tails (yeeeeharrrahaaararrrrrarrrrrahaaaar!), rape and burn the body, then send the scurvy-ridden ship (shiver me timbers!) to Davy Jones' locker (hoist the JollY Roger me hearties!) and row row row your boat gently down the stream until you reach a deserted island, where you bury the loot (pieces of eight! ahaaaaaarrrr!) and get hung from teh yardarm when you get caught after a thrilling chase across teh seven seas (YAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!111111111)*

YAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 23:30   #14
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
YAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS MY BACK!!!!!!

QUICK, FETCH THE RALGEX. OH GOD, WHO THE HELL SAID I SHOULD BE SWINGING FROM THE MAINBRACE AT MY AGE!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 23:36   #15
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureviL
Stuff
Basically, they are trying to take advantage of your good nature. Get someone on your side and refuse to pay more rent, so what if there are 2 of them, in any decisions made, they will outvote you every time.

Don't trust them. It seems to me they have plotted this for some time, they probably have other surprises for you in the future.

It might be safer to kill them 1st in their sleep. If you leave one other alive you can talk your way out of the police investigation. Use a kitchen knife, a large one works best. Cut their throats one at a time and make sure the blood doesn't hit you. I've seen CSI so I know what I am talking about. Make sure you are wearing the clothes of the person you want to frame.

Plant the evidence, don't make it too easy for it to be found. A couple of days sweating in a cell is far better than 25 years being shagged up the arse by Mr Big who is in with the warders. Be confident when questioned and try not to deviate.

Or you could just move out. Whichever is easier.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 00:05   #16
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

get out of there.

living with people who are going to be difficult is a nightmare.
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 00:20   #17
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
Make sure you are wearing the clothes of the person you want to frame.

~Vaio~
See, this is where it all went wrong and my pirate idea shines through with its brilliant simplicity.

If you have to borrow/take his clothes, he's going to notice and get suspicious.
Buying a row boat, pirate outfit, rum, rohypnol, a ****-off big sword and spending a week locked in your room learning sea shanties is far less likely to attract suspicion than stealing the clothes. Right?

Pfffftt. Amateurs.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 01:24   #18
onetwothree
4 5 6

onetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to all

living with a couple is a no no
onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 13:37   #19
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
find three other friends to share with you and ditch the couple
living with a couple is the WORST idea ever, what are you going to do if they split up?
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 14:07   #20
PureviL
robdash!

i'm already sharpening my scimitar

i still haven't decided what to do it's not that bad as it seems with their siding against me. They don't do it to screw me over. Its just that they are a couple so they think the same about a lot of things :/

It seems my candidate for moving with us is not gonna be able to get his money togethere in time so it seems like i don't even have a real choice anymore.

oh well, atleast I can live as a pirate on my boat and drink rum all day.
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 14:08   #21
PureviL
robdash!

And to living with a couple, they won't split up. And if they do i'll just move out.
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 14:20   #22
PureviL
robdash!

yeah it's real cool*!

*If used right
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 17:47   #23
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: roommates, help! [long]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureviL
i still haven't decided what to do
THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU ASK US FOR ADVICE?

Let's hope you die of AIDS before you come to make the decision which is so blindingly obvious to everyone else in the known Universe.

Sorry. I've been having a bit of trouble recently making Stop or My Mom Will Shoot work on my PC's DVD drive.

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 14 Apr 2005 at 17:53.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote